Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

"The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years (32437 Views)

Why I Left ‘The Johnsons’ TV Drama – Samuel ‘Spiff’ Ajibola / Which Movie(s) Comes To Your Mind When You See This? / Where To Download Nigerian Series "The Johnsons" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by abobote: 4:59pm On Feb 27
TheBillyonaire:
That show amplifies human foolishness. I am surprised it lasted up to a year.
Full of stars, but damn boring. Cracking dry jokes up and down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by geoworldedu: 5:02pm On Feb 27
oilyngbati:
Why adopt a foreign name for the show? Why are Nigerians fond of displaying inferiority complex and ashamed of their true identity?

Why not ‘the Baloguns’?

Why not ‘the Harunas’?

Why not ‘the Chimezies’?

I have even a lot of Nigerian here in America, bastardized their names because they are ashamed of it.
I see a guy whose real name is Adegboyega change his name to ‘Adeg’ and one Ikechuchwu to just ‘Iyke’. Shame and you don’t find this amongst Mexicans and Hispanics

Nigerian people bear Johnson na. You shouldn't have typed this conversation in English. Why not type it in Yoruba? Why not type it in Hausa? Why not Igbo? Why not TIV? Why not Ibibio?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by Zonefree(m): 5:17pm On Feb 27
rainluv:
Long overdue
It became so so boring
Mtchew
You're right. I stopped watching long time ago.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by Zonefree(m): 5:19pm On Feb 27
abobote:

Most of the stars left and it became excess boring.

1 Like

Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by sylve11: 5:29pm On Feb 27
Hmm. cool
Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by sleek214(m): 5:39pm On Feb 27
geoworldedu:

Nigerian people bear Johnson na. You shouldn't have typed this conversation in English. Why not type it in Yoruba? Why not type it in Hausa? Why not Igbo? Why not TIV? Why not Ibibio?
Or he could've typed in broken English

1 Like

Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by charlizonto: 5:44pm On Feb 27
The sitcom lost its taste and usefulness the moment some of the original cast died and quit the scene permanently..
Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by oilyngbati(m): 5:58pm On Feb 27
geoworldedu:

SMH
Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by Lisa290: 6:07pm On Feb 27
What about kamson and neighbours?
Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by creekman(m): 6:21pm On Feb 27
Na wa oooo....this programme is what I watch everyday to relax myself after a stressful day at work...

Gistmedia10:
After captivating audiences for over a decade, the beloved Nigerian family sitcom "The Johnsons" has come to a bittersweet end. Fans bid farewell to this iconic show which has been a staple of Nigerian television for 13 remarkable years.

Since its debut in 2011, "The Johnsons" has entertained viewers with its hilarious yet heartwarming portrayal of a typical Nigerian family navigating life's ups and downs. The series, known for its witty humor and relatable storylines, quickly became a favorite among audiences of all ages.

Throughout its run, "The Johnsons" has not only provided endless laughter but also tackled important social issues, sparking conversations and reflections among its viewers. From family dynamics to societal challenges, the show's thoughtful approach to storytelling has earned it a special place in the hearts of many.

As news of the series finale spreads, fans took to social media to express their gratitude and nostalgia. Messages poured in, reminiscing about favorite episodes, iconic moments, and the talented cast who brought the Johnson family to life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw0I5xJVwC0?si=peLXxnxXroE5dSIt

2 Likes

Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by Banbanna(m): 6:26pm On Feb 27
I wonder too. It reminds me of that American soap opera, the Young and the Restless, which kept going on and on
Beverlyjean:
I don't know y tinsel is still on TV
Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by KaptainAfrika: 6:27pm On Feb 27
FINALLY ! This show must have been a money laundering front.
Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by Offpoint1: 6:37pm On Feb 27
ndidibabe:
I don't like people with little scope.
Because of movie? Lol, not everyone is fan of movie. I can hardly finish 1 movie, talk more of series
Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by Jayson504(m): 6:39pm On Feb 27
Damn, I'm gonna miss this show. Started watching it in 2013. My favourite comedy series on Africa magic.

1 Like

Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by greypencils: 6:43pm On Feb 27
YeyeGbami:
Nice, very nice comedy series.

Lucky and Emu grin

another mad comedy show from dstv na “my flatmate”. Prosper and titus alobam
None of these shows beats hustle. Hustle na ment show.
Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by Banbanna(m): 6:49pm On Feb 27
Bastardize 🤔 or they'll probably trying to make it easy for them to pronounce & not necessarily to impress them. Hence the shortening.

FYI, having to Anglocize certain names isn't particularly peculiar to us. Others from Asia, Europe especially Eastern Europe also do. And it's so common among actors/actresses. It's all done

For instance, Paul Wesley who played one of the leading roles in Vampire Diaries, real names are, Paweł Tomasz Wasilewski.

Same as Nina Kamenova Dobreva his co-star, who shortened hers to Nina Dobrev.
oilyngbati:
Why adopt a foreign name for the show? Why are Nigerians fond of displaying inferiority complex and ashamed of their true identity?

Why not ‘the Baloguns’?

Why not ‘the Harunas’?

Why not ‘the Chimezies’?

I have even a lot of Nigerian here in America, bastardized their names because they are ashamed of it.
I see a guy whose real name is Adegboyega change his name to ‘Adeg’ and one Ikechuchwu to just ‘Iyke’. Shame and you don’t find this amongst Mexicans and Hispanics
Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by Coly2012(m): 7:08pm On Feb 27
Me and my kids stopped watching when Emuh died, to my family the Johnson ended with the passing of Ada Ameh. Great show, great cast. RIP Emuh.

1 Like

Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by idonhammer: 7:13pm On Feb 27
Nonsense TV show.
Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by Franking: 7:44pm On Feb 27
Spiff's exit and Emu's death played their part.

1 Like

Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by Saladdin: 8:00pm On Feb 27
illuminutty:
The Johnsons... Thank you ooo.

The show will never be the same again without this woman. It just feels like a home where the mother dies.

Ada Ameh still remains one of the best actresses to ever grace our (modern) screen. She acts with ease, professionalism and perfection, almost as if there were no cameras around.

Basically, she effortlessly brings the typical life of a Nigerian suburban family to the reels.

Very sad that her personal life, towards the end of her existence, was filled with turmoil.😢😢

Though, the show ought to have ended around Nov/Dec, 2022.
Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by Tyndalejane: 8:01pm On Feb 27
shout out to all the crew. Oga Pablo, Deputy, Mohammed, Spiff, Tari, Efe, Jennifer, Good luck, Lucky and Emu Johnson etc. You guys really made Tv comedy series interesting. Big ups Mr Charles Inoche for the story line. Rest in peace to Adah Imeh.

2 Likes

Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by Jesusbaby4lyf(f): 8:02pm On Feb 27
I stopped watching it after Emu passed away and Spiff left the show
Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by SAMBARRY: 8:22pm On Feb 27
Marvieduke:

See how foolish you sound just because you want to comment.
oponu

Projection gone wrong
Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by Vinnie2000(m): 8:41pm On Feb 27
abobote:

The show is NOT just intended to be Comic or very Hilarious. undecided

In the last 6,7 years,, It dwelled more on teaching Family Values. smiley
Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by Fashionista01(f): 9:01pm On Feb 27
Thank you "The Johnson family for putting smiles on our faces". God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by ndidibabe(f): 9:18pm On Feb 27
Offpoint1:

Because of movie? Lol, not everyone is fan of movie. I can hardly finish 1 movie, talk more of series
That is a popular series on DSTV Nigeria. I haven't seen it for 10 mins straight but curiosity makes me know few of many things
Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by Marvieduke(f): 9:55pm On Feb 27
SAMBARRY:
oponu

Projection gone wrong

Ode, Omo ale oshi, baale atole
Awon projection gone right didirin
Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by Mccullum: 10:33pm On Feb 27
I've never heard about it at all.
Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by ThaOwerriMan(m): 10:44pm On Feb 27
Gistmedia10:
After captivating audiences for over a decade, the beloved Nigerian family sitcom "The Johnsons" has come to a bittersweet end. Fans bid farewell to this iconic show which has been a staple of Nigerian television for 13 remarkable years.

Since its debut in 2011, "The Johnsons" has entertained viewers with its hilarious yet heartwarming portrayal of a typical Nigerian family navigating life's ups and downs. The
series, known for its witty humor and relatable storylines, quickly became a favorite among audiences of all ages.

Throughout its run, "The Johnsons" has not only provided endless laughter but also tackled important social issues, sparking conversations and reflections among its viewers. From family dynamics to societal challenges, the show's thoughtful approach to storytelling has earned it a special place in the hearts of many.

As news of the series finale spreads, fans took to social media to express their gratitude and nostalgia. Messages poured in, reminiscing about favorite episodes, iconic moments, and the talented cast who brought the Johnson family to life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw0I5xJVwC0?si=peLXxnxXroE5dSIt
Kai you guys made this series enjoyable for me. Emu akpo may your good and entertaining soul rest in peace amen. I will miss you guys
Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by GenFunction: 11:06pm On Feb 27
Katcall:
that unfunny clown forcing himself to be funny
opinion is like an asshole everybody is entitled to one
Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by Calitoscassius(m): 11:15pm On Feb 27
So bloody what? Create another show and call it "The Williams"
Re: "The Johnsons" Comes To An End After 13 Years by SAMBARRY: 5:36am On Feb 28
Marvieduke:

Ode, Omo ale oshi, baale atole
Awon projection gone right didirin
e pain an grin tongue

Ofi 13 years wo series Kode gbon na grin tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage, MI Abaga, Patoranking To Headline Bbnaija ‘pepper Dem’ Finale / BBNaija: Joe Evicted From Big Brother House / BBNaija: Venita And Adekunle Kissed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.