Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,008 members, 7,810,794 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:37 PM

Which Car Is Your Next Car To Buy And Why - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Car Is Your Next Car To Buy And Why (1029 Views)

Which Car Was Your First Car? / 1.5 Million For a car. Which car do you recommend. / The 2017 Mazda Vision Car Is The Most Beautiful Sedan You've Ever Seen (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Car Is Your Next Car To Buy And Why by fineboynl(m): 2:20pm On Feb 27
There is this car in your mind that you plan to switch to. And if by chance you find the resources right now you will switch to that car without delay or looking back. Which car is that and what are your major reasons for the car?
Re: Which Car Is Your Next Car To Buy And Why by adamma24: 2:25pm On Feb 27
fineboynl:

There is this car in your mind that you plan to switch to. And if by chance you find the resources right now you will switch to that car without delay or looking back. Which car is that and what are your major reasons for the car?

Toyota venza for start....love the design and interior...like I said for a start
Re: Which Car Is Your Next Car To Buy And Why by fineboynl(m): 2:32pm On Feb 27
1, Hyundai Sonata from 2009.
The car has a kind of solid build look especially from the front bumper. Camry and accord from their front bumper of same year look like toys and urgly plastic.

2, 2013 Toyota Corolla or 2013 honda civic. Due to fuel economy.
Re: Which Car Is Your Next Car To Buy And Why by Babatundehy: 3:00pm On Feb 27
fineboynl:
1, Hyundai Sonata from 2009.
The car has a kind of solid build look especially from the front bumper. Camry and accord from their front bumper of same year look like toys and urgly plastic.

2, 2013 Toyota Corolla or 2013 honda civic. Due to fuel economy.
I tell you that the car is crazily solid, 2009 Hyundai sonata (V6) user here, the power and smoothness when driving is so good, has safety techs that matter and fuel economy is great, what's expected of a V6.
Maintain it well and the car will take care of you, I've only used mine for like a year and I've only fixed a fuse, find a mechanic or rewire who knows his craft and not just anyone whenever you have an issue and you'll remain happy.
When I was learning to drive I hit a parked car and I was at maybe 30mph, the parked car was a rav 4 and the bumper split into two, my car only got scratches and a little dent that didn't take the panel 10 mins to fix, body is solid.
The air conditioning is mad, that's the word lol, I never have it on very cold or even the fan t more than 2, I no won begin shiver for car, turn it on and within seconds of entering the car you're smiling like a baby from the cooling.
The engine is super rugged, the worst you can deal with is the rattling noise that comes when it's been sitting for a long time, they say that's from the chains or tensioners, if you're not comfortable with that you just replace or keep using that way, rattling goes away within two seconds, this isn't even a Hyundai thing, many other brands get the same noise after their engines have been through serious mileages.
The best older generation sonatas are the ones before 2011, the GDIs are entirely different.
Go ahead and get the sonata 2009, but I'll advise you get the V6, I wanted to sell mine as I needed money for some projectonths back but I thank God I found the amount I need through some other means, if I had sold it I would have missed it or even regretted it.

2 Likes

Re: Which Car Is Your Next Car To Buy And Why by Kingdemu: 3:47pm On Feb 27
fineboynl:

W212 E350 facelift.
Re: Which Car Is Your Next Car To Buy And Why by nurey(m): 3:25pm On Feb 28
Smart4two or Smart4four, small, versatile and fuel efficient, also doesn't bring attention to owner as i am a future billionaire
Re: Which Car Is Your Next Car To Buy And Why by Ohislee(m): 5:21pm On Feb 28
Toyota Highlander 2017.

I love that piece of machine.

Re: Which Car Is Your Next Car To Buy And Why by RoadMozart(m): 7:06pm On Feb 28
One nice jeep gladiator or wrangler rubicon will do for a start
Re: Which Car Is Your Next Car To Buy And Why by cmoney22222: 12:53am On Feb 29
2020 Toyota Carmy sE or Xle. I love the exterior or any convertible. My love for convertible no be here. I was hoping to buy 2013 Toyota Carmy off Iaai auction and have it converted to a convertible. I contacted one company in the USA for this, they gave me a quote of 20k$. I just ran off. Hope there are expert that does this type of converting in Nigeria sha.
Re: Which Car Is Your Next Car To Buy And Why by TheGrandMaster: 11:18am On Feb 29
2019 Mercedes Benz E450, time for a change been using a 2009 C300 for 10 years now.
Re: Which Car Is Your Next Car To Buy And Why by Emekayoung(m): 11:23am On Mar 02
My next car is 2011 kia picanto,three plugs or 2010 Hyundai i10,due to it's fuel economy. Naija is unpredictable so it's better i switch to something that won't dig holes into my pocket through fueling.

2 Likes

Re: Which Car Is Your Next Car To Buy And Why by Chingyyy878: 11:11pm On Mar 02
Emekayoung:
My next car is 2011 kia picanto,three plugs or 2010 Hyundai i10,due to it's fuel economy. Naija is unpredictable so it's better i switch to something that won't dig holes into my pocket through fueling.

True
Re: Which Car Is Your Next Car To Buy And Why by Chasito(m): 8:01am On Mar 03
Honda accord 2014, I love that ride meehhhn
Re: Which Car Is Your Next Car To Buy And Why by cmoney22222: 9:53am On Mar 03
🙏 amen
Chasito:
Honda accord 2014, I love that ride meehhhn
Re: Which Car Is Your Next Car To Buy And Why by olamilekan9(m): 11:43am On Mar 03
Benz Ml 350 09-010…mad reliable Suv 👍
Re: Which Car Is Your Next Car To Buy And Why by Visiblue: 3:17pm On Mar 03
Babatundehy:

I tell you that the car is crazily solid, 2009 Hyundai sonata (V6) user here, the power and smoothness when driving is so good, has safety techs that matter and fuel economy is great, what's expected of a V6.
Maintain it well and the car will take care of you, I've only used mine for like a year and I've only fixed a fuse, find a mechanic or rewire who knows his craft and not just anyone whenever you have an issue and you'll remain happy.
When I was learning to drive I hit a parked car and I was at maybe 30mph, the parked car was a rav 4 and the bumper split into two, my car only got scratches and a little dent that didn't take the panel 10 mins to fix, body is solid.
The air conditioning is mad, that's the word lol, I never have it on very cold or even the fan t more than 2, I no won begin shiver for car, turn it on and within seconds of entering the car you're smiling like a baby from the cooling.
The engine is super rugged, the worst you can deal with is the rattling noise that comes when it's been sitting for a long time, they say that's from the chains or tensioners, if you're not comfortable with that you just replace or keep using that way, rattling goes away within two seconds, this isn't even a Hyundai thing, many other brands get the same noise after their engines have been through serious mileages.
The best older generation sonatas are the ones before 2011, the GDIs are entirely different.
Go ahead and get the sonata 2009, but I'll advise you get the V6, I wanted to sell mine as I needed money for some projectonths back but I thank God I found the amount I need through some other means, if I had sold it I would have missed it or even regretted it.
Can the can you travel for a long distance with the car? How far have you gone with it?
Re: Which Car Is Your Next Car To Buy And Why by Babatundehy: 8:58pm On Mar 03
Visiblue:
Can the can you travel for a long distance with the car? How far have you gone with it?

The truth is, not much, i work from home so the car is often used occasionally by my wife to go to the market to restock food and on Sundays to church.
I live in Akure and I have to be at Ado Ekiti with my parents for Easter and Christmas, that's the longest distance the car did last year 2023. Just last month I went with my wife to Lagos, just to shop for clothes (with the car of course) at Miskay and at David wej, the shopping was an excuse sha we just needed a road trip, it was the first time I enjoyed the cruise control, e sweet 😂, and e come be like say cruise control dey chop lesser fuel sef, I haven't driven any other car besides my mum's Honda accord (not V6) but I want to believe every V6 should be lots of fun on the road.
The only thing lacking in this car is Bluetooth function for your device, but it's got every other thing really, usb ports, cigarette lighter, everything to make you happy, sound system is super dope too and you can really adjust the output.
I happy say I no sell am 😂, i hear Hyundai didn't put its dreaded GDI and theta engines in cars it made after 2021, if the reviews are great I'd like to stick with that brand, I'm not a fan of what's really popular na why I no like these very popular brands, popular brand sef get him good side sha,plenty mechanics go get mind quickly begin touch am lol, it's what made me buy this one, and it was a great buy.
I bought it April 2023 if I remember good, I serviced it the same day and then just last week I did the servicing again, oil that came out almost filled the 5 litre mobil gallon, engine no short oil at all, the only thing I also changed was the serpentine belt 4K and that was because it was installed wrongly(mechanic wey put am no put am well).
I no dey speed but God knows I'll be like a ghost to drivers of four plugs and below and or unhealthy V6s, I no need touch gas pedal before my shadow show for your side mirror 😂

1 Like

Re: Which Car Is Your Next Car To Buy And Why by Visiblue: 12:07pm On Mar 04
Babatundehy:

The truth is, not much, i work from home so the car is often used occasionally by my wife to go to the market to restock food and on Sundays to church.
I live in Akure and I have to be at Ado Ekiti with my parents for Easter and Christmas, that's the longest distance the car did last year 2023. Just last month I went with my wife to Lagos, just to shop for clothes (with the car of course) at Miskay and at David wej, the shopping was an excuse sha we just needed a road trip, it was the first time I enjoyed the cruise control, e sweet 😂, and e come be like say cruise control dey chop lesser fuel sef, I haven't driven any other car besides my mum's Honda accord (not V6) but I want to believe every V6 should be lots of fun on the road.
The only thing lacking in this car is Bluetooth function for your device, but it's got every other thing really, usb ports, cigarette lighter, everything to make you happy, sound system is super dope too and you can really adjust the output.
I happy say I no sell am 😂, i hear Hyundai didn't put its dreaded GDI and theta engines in cars it made after 2021, if the reviews are great I'd like to stick with that brand, I'm not a fan of what's really popular na why I no like these very popular brands, popular brand sef get him good side sha,plenty mechanics go get mind quickly begin touch am lol, it's what made me buy this one, and it was a great buy.
I bought it April 2023 if I remember good, I serviced it the same day and then just last week I did the servicing again, oil that came out almost filled the 5 litre mobil gallon, engine no short oil at all, the only thing I also changed was the serpentine belt 4K and that was because it was installed wrongly(mechanic wey put am no put am well).
I no dey speed but God knows I'll be like a ghost to drivers of four plugs and below and or unhealthy V6s, I no need touch gas pedal before my shadow show for your side mirror 😂
This is great review! I plan to upgrade my from Toyota Camry 2021, but I am scared of porting to a wrong car, that Camry has served me for 9 years, very reliable and rugged. The way you said about this Sonata, I may upgrade to it, I hope I won't regret.

1 Like

Re: Which Car Is Your Next Car To Buy And Why by Babatundehy: 7:04am On Mar 05
Visiblue:
This is great review! I plan to upgrade my from Toyota Camry 2021, but I am scared of porting to a wrong car, that Camry has served me for 9 years, very reliable and rugged. The way you said about this Sonata, I may upgrade to it, I hope I won't regret.
That's my personal experience with the car, it's serving me very nicely and not eating into my pocket. Sonatas are great until 2010, that's what you see everywhere on the internet, you can make your own research.
Re: Which Car Is Your Next Car To Buy And Why by 735i(m): 7:09pm On Mar 08
2021 GLE 450.
The money never dey oh, but e must complete before the end of this year!

(1) (Reply)

Help Needed With Tint Permit, Ownership Change, Driving Licence And Car Document / White Smoke N Increased Rpm / Nissan Leaf To Self Park It Self **NISSAN Is Taking Automobile Into A New Level*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.