Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,843 members, 7,828,071 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) (46351 Views)

CBN Lists Deposit Money Banks In Nigeria (see Full List) / Customers Stranded As Bdcs In Abuja, Kano, Lagos Shutdown Over Dollar Spike / CBN Lists 5 Forms Of Naira Abuse: Money Bouquet, Spraying, Selling, Squeezing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) by HBB1(m): 9:52pm On Feb 27
happney65:

That is the truth and you know it. Till the end of time that is how it would be

Except if there is true restructuring. But in a situation where the major seaports,major airports etc are only concentrated in a single city of over 200M people in a country. That is what will happen

Stop the excuses oga.

Lagos was a slave port for 100s of years even before the British.

Its location has always made it favourable.

When the returnee slaves came, they settled in or around Lagos as there was a form of development there.

They then contributed their own quota.

When the Brits came, they made Lagos alone a Colony, whicb must have happened because it was viable.

Lagos alone was a Colony.

Afterwards they made it the Capital because ot was easier for them.
Easier and less expensive.

They also contributed their own.

When Nigeria gained her independence, the Goverment naturally continued from there.

Many factors contributed to lagos being what it is today-- and not just it being a formal FCT.

1 Like

Re: CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) by Klinxmanz(m): 10:01pm On Feb 27
iLegendd:
I'm 20% sure some of these BDC guys that have lost their source of income will start kidnapping or join Boko straight.
sir must the amount be the exact price for big coins like btc, eth!
Re: CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) by PHAYOL81: 10:02pm On Feb 27
richiemcgold:
Ondo is not on the list. Are there no BDC in Ondo State?
What about those abokis standing under Akure bridge and around the post office area? Are they not BDC too?
grin grin grin

Unliscensed and illegal. The list only covered the registered. The street traders are the problems dictating prices to their benefits through hoarding and illegal cash (dollars)laundering.

Ykc2:
let's imagine edo state capital of Nigeria from time immemorial then warri nigerian port city I swear lagos will be just like another ondo or osun state also south westerners should also give thanks and praises to God's of their land that northerners are not connected to the Atlantic ocean had been that northern nigeria is connected to Atlantic ocean is game over for lagos,do you know why northerners don't want other ports in SS to work ? Is their joker against South west if south west don't want to dance to their tune they will make other ports working,let them build one international airport in the south east where all European airline can land and take off you will feel it at muritala Mohammed lagos,we know what is going on in nigeria,if they can move capital to Abuja what is ordinary port if they are connected to Atlantic ?

YOU guys are irredeemable and inseparable from these bullsh!t of FG concentration, major ports benefits/favours, ex-FCT argument always raised against the development of LAGOS. What was then responsible for LAGOS swift development during colonial era because no area/region was close and it was operating as a separate colony? Hadn't airport been in ABUJA the new FCT for decades; why hasn't the new FCT airport overtaken LAGOS? And to think this was your people's assertion for years as a pivotal reason for LAGOS leading development. Everybody started building airports and in the end, none could measure up. MMIA is even a major contributor to the continous existence of many of them because they're unviable.
Now your goal has shifted onto seaport. Like airport, seaport is available for anybody to build, why being afraid to invest in one if you feel it's the clog in the wheel of your development? The NIGER-DELTANs always said the same (as if pre- and post-amalgamation any of,their seaports ever performed as vibrant as the LAGOS port)but when AKWA IBOM government got approval to put their money where their mouths are, they turned COLD. They got approval about the same time as LASG but only LAGOS went ahead to do it in absolute believe of the ROI, their counterparts merely chicken out. It had been a case of excuse upon excuse. And no government is stopping no seaport anywhere from working to its best capabilities. That's not in favour of LAGOS. The true reality you don't want to accept is that no seaport had ever performed vibrantly as LAGOS ports and that's why all records pointed it out that the coast WAS A POPULAR POINT OF EXIT FOR SLAVE (AND FOLLOWING AGRONOMICS)TRADERS IN AFRICA. I don't understand why you have to pretend to be affected by something you too can get. But if you think the FG would spend billions for you over project they don't truly need, then you're only preparing yourself for disappointment. Thanks.

Ykc2:
oga is it abiola or awolowo that built apapa and tin can port? Who built muritala Mohammed airport? I guess abiola right ,so tell me what lagos is exporting to other countries that can earn nigeria foreign exchange ,

Kids everywhere. Sometimes you wonder if the end of your stay on this forum isn't overdue because of IQ and age bracket of the army of members here. But for the correction of misinformation that's rife here, I'd have left honestly.
Were Awo or Abiola the leaders/rulers or governors of the colonial LAGOS? Where did you see me named any of the two as the facilitator of the development mentioned? Or did I tell you Lagos development start with any of them? I guess whosoever scrape HISTORY of our education curriculum did more havoc to the intellect of todays children than good. He has to be severely penalized.

Yampotatocarrot:

Now, I love this, unfortunately, there's no where in the report that talks about arresting those street dollar hawkers

Also, what if those guys are actually working for the licenced BDC, does that still make them illegal?

I'm seeing everyone comment as if the street hawkers are illegal... What if they're actually working for the registered guys? Will it now be a crime to recruit "marketers" to sell for you?

THEN THE STREET TRADERS SHOULD BE REGISTERED TO THE BDC EACH OF THEM IS FRONTING FOR SO THAT THE GOVERNMENT CAN EASILY TRACE ATROCITY RIGHT TO THE MAIN BODY. The reason why we're here is that people used this hawkers to control (don't wann use inflate)prices to the detriments of the nation's economy. We need to know who and why? If someone sells a lot more than the actual price the CBN sells to them, such needs to be investigated. Unfortunately, you cant do that to the hawkers because they're affiliated to no one legally.

3 Likes

Re: CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) by CaptainFM1: 10:03pm On Feb 27
tobtap:
Lagos is simply the undisputed economic capital in naija... The size is massive... Other states need to upgrade.. Dem dey lag behind.. .. all economic statistics back Lagos as naija engine room

They should upgrade in #No of BDC? Aren't BDC suppose to be incorporated in our banks?

See, the problem with Nigeria is what I termed "Parallelism". And this disease is in almost every sector of our economy.

Think about any official/government businesses in Nigeria, and you will find a parallel/unofficial one operating alongside. This is the basis of corruption in the country!

A classic example of Parallelism is Bank ATM machines not working because almost all the bank staff operate POS stand.
Re: CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) by Klinxmanz(m): 10:06pm On Feb 27
iLegendd:
I'm 20% sure some of these BDC guys that have lost their source of income will start kidnapping or join Boko straight.
sir what are the funding process of ur binance. That is the apps u use to fund ur dollar and crypto wallet. Am thinking about wise or any other vital recommendations. Thank u 4 ur time!
Re: CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) by iLegendd(m): 10:12pm On Feb 27
Klinxmanz:
sir what are the funding process of ur binance. That is the apps u use to fund ur dollar and crypto wallet. Am thinking about wise or any other vital recommendations. Thank u 4 ur time!
If you have money in Wise, yes, you can fund your Binance via Wise. If your money is in Naira, you use Binance P2P.
Re: CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) by Klinxmanz(m): 10:16pm On Feb 27
iLegendd:
If you have money in Wise, yes, you can fund your Binance via Wise. If your money is in Naira, you use Binance P2P.
sir but i don't wise or a dollar account, neteller only trade with forex, well sir u are a genius, u have help me understand some concept!
Re: CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) by ALFADOS(m): 10:17pm On Feb 27
fergie001:

The Cable
its fake reports
Re: CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) by Jogs1900: 10:19pm On Feb 27
Yampotatocarrot:

Now, I love this, unfortunately, there's no where in the report that talks about arresting those street dollar hawkers

Also, what if those guys are actually working for the licenced BDC, does that still make them illegal?

I'm seeing everyone comment as if the street hawkers are illegal... What if they're actually working for the registered guys? Will it now be a crime to recruit "marketers" to sell for you?

This is the perfect answer to your question.
Today, 2 unregistered BDC were jailed in kano

https://punchng.com/kano-court-jails-two-bureau-de-change-operators/?amp
Re: CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) by Klinxmanz(m): 10:19pm On Feb 27
iLegendd:
sir have u ever wise to know their requirement for verificate?
Re: CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) by Jogs1900: 10:29pm On Feb 27
richiemcgold:

Yea.
Whenever I land in town, that area is my first point of call. I know many of those mallams very well, some as far back as 1998, and we're still doing business till now. So I just dey wonder why Ondo is not on that list. How come?
Since you have relationship with those mallams, ask them if they are registered BDC.
The government only have records of registered BDCs.
Re: CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) by wiseoneking: 10:34pm On Feb 27
tobtap:
Lagos is simply the undisputed economic capital in naija... The size is massive... Other states need to upgrade.. Dem dey lag behind.. .. all economic statistics back Lagos as naija engine room
That shows you that Lagos is the property of all Nigerians. Just imagine other states around it slacking. Anambra alone and Kano are far higher than some zones combined together
Re: CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) by Jogs1900: 10:35pm On Feb 27
Typing:

The approved CBN BDC na still Aboki
No...i know Yorubas and igbos that have BDC licence in Lagos.
Re: CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) by wiseoneking: 10:37pm On Feb 27
Typing:
That Anambra own na big fat lie.
The pains continue, they are not your mate. Your state is not even on the list. Lol
Re: CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) by richiemcgold: 10:53pm On Feb 27
Jogs1900:

Since you have relationship with those mallams, ask them if they are registered BDC.
The government only have records of registered BDCs.

I just confirmed from Akure right now that EFCC arrested some BDC operators yesterday around that same axis. That means they have been doing business all these years without a license

1 Like

Re: CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) by HBB1(m): 10:57pm On Feb 27
wiseoneking:
That shows you that Lagos is the property of all Nigerians. Just imagine other states around it slacking. Anambra alone and Kano are far higher than some zones combined together

Go and bid for Oba of Lagos or State Governor naw.
cheesy

So in your Economic books, registered BDC is the hallmark of viability.

Una no go kee person.

London has less BDCs that even Oyo State, so it means Oyo State is a better economy?

1 Like

Re: CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) by Jogs1900: 10:57pm On Feb 27
richiemcgold:

I just confirmed from Akure right now that EFCC arrested some BDC operators yesterday around that same axis. That means they have been doing business all these years without a license
That's it.I strongly support this reform...Now, the registered BDC will start keeping records of all their transactions. Politicians will find it difficult to exchange their loot for USD. Even terrorists will find it difficult to exchange their ransoms for USD.
Re: CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) by HBB1(m): 11:01pm On Feb 27
IbeOkehie:

The Igbo were the ones in Dangote's position from the 1940s to July 1966, we were the dominant tribe in Nigeria.

Nigeria didn't turn into paradise back then and the Igbo certainly didn't make any effort to turn Nigeria into a free market economy....for exactly the reasons the British didn't do it and that's why the dominant Islamic Alliance will not do it today.

Basically VIOLENCE is the currency of political power in Nigeria and the result is always winner take all. Direct translation - no development.

Good Luck to Nigerians.

How come the 'dominant tribe' was then trying to seize power in 1966?
You don't attempt to seize what is yours or do you?

If you don't chest best in a day, you won't be able to shit!

🤣

1 Like

Re: CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) by Kekydiv(m): 11:09pm On Feb 27
I thought Anambra would’ve taken the lead o..
Re: CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) by MaziX(m): 11:51pm On Feb 27
JaySterling:
That means all those Aboki wey dey stand for road for Akerele/Shitta, Sabo in Yaba, Ikeja are unlicensed or middlemen for the main CBN approved BDC?
the game no fit end..
Re: CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) by Ogurube: 11:52pm On Feb 27
How can someone that went to school be talking so senselessly? Any enlightened mind should know that majority of the commercial, national administrative, and graft laundering activities happen in Lagos, Abuja, and Kano, respectively. States, like Anambra, Kaduna, Abia, Oyo, Enugu, etc, who have no seaports, international airports, nor bank/multinational headquarters are actually trying. So, stop the empty bloviation.

tobtap:
Re: CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) by Tochi360: 12:03am On Feb 28
Demurray:
Ekiti state no get. Why?

Person wey dey Ekiti go enter transport go Akure go manage the one wey Akure get grin grin
Re: CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) by Ykc2(m): 12:03am On Feb 28
PHAYOL81:

Unliscensed and illegal. The list only covered the registered. The street traders are the problems dictating prices to their benefits through hoarding and illegal cash (dollars)laundering.

YOU guys are irredeemable and inseparable from these bullsh!t of FG concentration, major ports benefits/favours, ex-FCT argument always raised against the development of LAGOS. What was then responsible for LAGOS swift development during colonial era because no area/region was close and it was operating as a separate colony? Hadn't airport been in ABUJA the new FCT for decades; why hasn't the new FCT airport overtaken LAGOS? And to think this was your people's assertion for years as a pivotal reason for LAGOS leading development. Everybody started building airports and in the end, none could measure up. MMIA is even a major contributor to the continous existence of many of them because they're unviable.
Now your goal has shifted onto seaport. Like airport, seaport is available for anybody to build, why being afraid to invest in one if you feel it's the clog in the wheel of your development? The NIGER-DELTANs always said the same (as if pre- and post-amalgamation any of,their seaports ever performed as vibrant as the LAGOS port)but when AKWA IBOM government got approval to put their money where their mouths are, they turned COLD. They got approval about the same time as LASG but only LAGOS went ahead to do it in absolute believe of the ROI, their counterparts merely chicken out. It had been a case of excuse upon excuse. And no government is stopping no seaport anywhere from working to its best capabilities. That's not in favour of LAGOS. The true reality you don't want to accept is that no seaport had ever performed vibrantly as LAGOS ports and that's why all records pointed it out that the coast WAS A POPULAR POINT OF EXIT FOR SLAVE (AND FOLLOWING AGRONOMICS)TRADERS IN AFRICA. I don't understand why you have to pretend to be affected by something you too can get. But if you think the FG would spend billions for you over project they don't truly need, then you're only preparing yourself for disappointment. Thanks.
oga is it abiola or awolowo that built apapa and tin can port? Who built muritala Mohammed airport? I guess abiola right ,so tell me what lagos is exporting to other countries that can earn nigeria foreign exchange ,
Re: CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) by HBB1(m): 2:01am On Feb 28
Ykc2:
let's imagine edo state capital of Nigeria from time immemorial then warri nigerian port city I swear lagos will be just like another ondo or osun state also south westerners should also give thanks and praises to God's of their land that northerners are not connected to the Atlantic ocean had been that northern nigeria is connected to Atlantic ocean is game over for lagos,do you know why northerners don't want other ports in SS to work ? Is their joker against South west if south west don't want to dance to their tune they will make other ports working,let them build one international airport in the south east where all European airline can land and take off you will feel it at muritala Mohammed lagos,we know what is going on in nigeria,if they can move capital to Abuja what is ordinary port if they are connected to Atlantic ?

You to dey explain... no evidence!
Re: CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) by hakeemhakeem(m): 3:38am On Feb 28
JaySterling:
That means all those Aboki wey dey stand for road for Akerele/Shitta, Sabo in Yaba, Ikeja are unlicensed or middlemen for the main CBN approved BDC?

Those are annex of the registed one banks have branches all over too
Re: CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) by hakeemhakeem(m): 3:42am On Feb 28
spiSeyi:
Aboki boys full everywhere with millions of hard currency shocked, yet some people with 2x2 shop will claim that they are the only biz tycoon in Nigeria who developed Lagos grin grin.
When it comes to business ventures the Northern guys are the king,yet they don't make noise and chest beat even when then can afford to by all the 2x2 shops and their owners.
You like violence no too they loud 📢 it
Re: CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) by hakeemhakeem(m): 3:47am On Feb 28
Benwems:

Unnecessary noise. If Lagos is superb. They should form a country of their own.

Read what you wrote again by then you should have more understanding
Re: CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) by SmartMen: 4:45am On Feb 28
tobtap:
Just pray make other governors continue to sleep. That is the only reason Lagos feels that way--others are sleeping.
Re: CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) by Typing: 5:49am On Feb 28
Jogs1900:

No...i know Yorubas and igbos that have BDC licence in Lagos.

They are working for Northerners as marketers
Re: CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) by IbeOkehie: 6:12am On Feb 28
HBB1:

How come the 'dominant tribe' was then trying to seize power in 1966?
You don't attempt to seize what is yours or do you?

If you don't chest best in a day, you won't be able to shit!

🤣

It's a pity most Nigerians don't know or maybe embraced a false history, or haven't bothered to do a proper analysis.

The Igbo controlled Nigeria in all but name. A study of the demography of federal employees and university graduates makes it very clear. The Igbo were so utterly dominant that the Fulani & Yoruba were begging for secession and the Igbo rejected their pleas. In fact Zik ceded the position of Prime Minister to the North as a gesture of good faith, to tamp down Northern secessionist sentiment.

Not just those tribes. Do you know there were TWO Cameroonian provinces that were part of Nigeria? They were given a referendum in 1964. The Northern Cameroonian province elected to remain part of Northern Nigeria, but the Southern Cameroons decided to leave the Eastern Region and join Cameroon. Their reason? Igbo domination. Go and read the history, it's fascinating.

The Jan 1966 coup was an attempt to keep Nigeria together, it was an effort to salvage a nation wracked by serious political instability that has set in soon after independence. The biggest error resulting from the coup was Unitary Decree No 34. The rest is history and we're all living it.

Good Luck to Nigeria.
Re: CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) by Majesty7: 6:26am On Feb 28
Yampotatocarrot:

I agree with your second question, why not sell to banks and ask banks to sell directly to customers?

Are banks that superior that CBN and government can't punish erring banks that refuse to sell or claim they don't have?

What about banks allowing people perform transactions on their cards, even if it's just $200 monthly, with the dollar they get from CBN?

That is the practice in any reasonable country. Nigeria is the only country that practice this BDC and CBN romance. It is a useless and fraudulent policy
Re: CBN Lists The Number Of BDCs In States In Nigeria (Full List) by gideonvalor98(m): 6:28am On Feb 28
No wonder! This is just too much.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dollar Equals Euro For The First Time In 20 Years / How Much Do I Need To Open A Betting Shop? / Zenith Bank Replies Chiamaka Agim: ₦800,500 Is All You Can Get.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.