Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,179 members, 7,811,442 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

Can Hyundai Santa Fe 2009 Engine V6 Be Change To V4? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can Hyundai Santa Fe 2009 Engine V6 Be Change To V4? (622 Views)

Please How Much Is C300 2009 Engine / Hyundai Motors Unveils The New 2019 Santa Fe / 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe Revealed - Be The First To See The First Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Hyundai Santa Fe 2009 Engine V6 Be Change To V4? by Saao(m): 2:48am On Feb 28
Hello gurus
Can Hyundai Santa fe 2009 model with v6 engine be converted or change to v4 engine? If possible I intend changing the gear to that of v4 gear as well.
Re: Can Hyundai Santa Fe 2009 Engine V6 Be Change To V4? by Bullfallo(m): 4:18am On Feb 28
Saao:
Hello gurus
Can Hyundai Santa fe 2009 model with v6 engine be converted or change to v4 engine? If possible I intend changing the gear to that of v4 gear as well.

You want to mess up the ECU? Do you have the resources to do all that? The conversation doesn’t worth it. It’s too costly to covert modern cars. Don’t play with wiring harness with Nigeria quacks
Re: Can Hyundai Santa Fe 2009 Engine V6 Be Change To V4? by Babatundehy: 8:16am On Feb 28
Santa Fe and sonatas of that year have the same engines I believe, I am not a mechanic but I assure you that this quest of yours will end in tears and loss, the electronics in Hyundai cars is serious, a single wrong or bad connection can ruin your finances, your car will not be drivable, end up being sold as scrap most likely, you'll regret it.
Your car, if properly maintained is a very nice car, I don't know why you must change to a four cylinder engine, I swear four cylinder engines should never be attractive to those who have owned or driven a V6, the difference In fuel economy isn't even a lot when thoughts like how convenient the bigger engine runs your accessories and the longer lifespan, chaii, Hyundai suppose arrest you.

1 Like

Re: Can Hyundai Santa Fe 2009 Engine V6 Be Change To V4? by 2shure: 11:05am On Feb 28
It can't work. Unless you will. Hange the gear to 4 plug gear. 4 plug gear with v6 na big difference. No go scrap the car o
Re: Can Hyundai Santa Fe 2009 Engine V6 Be Change To V4? by Saao(m): 3:29pm On Feb 28
I really appreciate your honest contribution. My only reason is just fuel economy if not I love v6
Re: Can Hyundai Santa Fe 2009 Engine V6 Be Change To V4? by Bullfallo(m): 4:03pm On Feb 28
Saao:
I really appreciate your honest contribution. My only reason is just fuel economy if not I love v6
how many miles per gallon?
Re: Can Hyundai Santa Fe 2009 Engine V6 Be Change To V4? by bigl: 5:37pm On Feb 28
Saao:
Hello gurus

It's cheaper to convert it to use CNG instead of scrapping it.

Contact Gazzuzz to help do the CNG conversion

2 Likes

Re: Can Hyundai Santa Fe 2009 Engine V6 Be Change To V4? by Saao(m): 5:41pm On Feb 28
Bullfallo:
how many miles per gallon?
I didn't measure it but If I get 10k fuel it can only take me to work lekki phase one and back home on traffic though
Re: Can Hyundai Santa Fe 2009 Engine V6 Be Change To V4? by Saao(m): 5:42pm On Feb 28
bigl:

It's cheaper to convert it to use CNG instead of scrapping it.

Contact Gazzuzz to help do the CNG conversion
ok will contact him but do we cng available?
Re: Can Hyundai Santa Fe 2009 Engine V6 Be Change To V4? by bigl: 5:44pm On Feb 28
Saao:
ok will contact him but do we cng available?

yes now ... It's everywhere and super cheap sef

1 Like

Re: Can Hyundai Santa Fe 2009 Engine V6 Be Change To V4? by Saao(m): 6:06pm On Feb 28
bigl:

yes now ... It's everywhere and super cheap sef
ok
Re: Can Hyundai Santa Fe 2009 Engine V6 Be Change To V4? by Bullfallo(m): 6:11pm On Feb 28
Saao:
I didn't measure it but If I get 10k fuel it can only take me to work lekki phase one and back home on traffic though
the difference from v6 and 4 plus is not that much oh. In some case unnoticeable.

Except you go for cars 1.4 - 1.8 cylinder engine
Re: Can Hyundai Santa Fe 2009 Engine V6 Be Change To V4? by Saao(m): 6:14pm On Feb 28
Bullfallo:
the difference from v6 and 4 plus is not that much oh. In some case unnoticeable.

Except you go for cars 1.4 - 1.8 cylinder engine
ok, buying car now is so expensive that is why I'm thinking in this direction. Some suggested CNG, maybe that's what I will consider
Re: Can Hyundai Santa Fe 2009 Engine V6 Be Change To V4? by Babatundehy: 8:20pm On Feb 28
Saao:
Your workplace is at lekki phase 1, your home is where? What is the distance from your workplace to your house? And what do you do in traffic? I also want to believe you have not been leaving your engine on with your air conditioner on full blast while stuck in traffic.
The problem is most likely not your vehicle, if you get a nice mpg, it is very likely your job doesn't pay enough to cover for your comfortable transportation to work, maybe wake up a lot earlier and use the public transportation services or only go to work with your car twice a week 🤔.
The rising cost of everything is making people talk about things they never even checked their price tags, many who shop once a month cannot do so anymore because they can no longer afford the fuel their generator needs to keep their foods frozen, my advice, rather than ruin your vehicle through some modification which I see as abuse or endanger yourself while trying to cut costs, have it parked at home, and jump danfo.
No disrespect here, but if you're complaining about fuel for this car and even wanting to go as far as "remanufacture" it then you probably can't afford a new replacement, vehicles don cost my fellow nairalander, make person no go use him own hand do himself.

3 Likes

Re: Can Hyundai Santa Fe 2009 Engine V6 Be Change To V4? by sultaan(m): 10:33pm On Mar 03
Nigerian fuel will take off 5 mpg off your efficiency, mechanics will take another 5

(1) (Reply)

Need Info About Where To Hire A Van.....anybody In The House Wit Such Info Plsss / I Want To Buy A Car / Feedback Needed On Gas And Petrol Alternate Tanks In A Car. (benin Residents)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.