Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,715 members, 7,820,495 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Should You Wear Your Suit With The Label? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Should You Wear Your Suit With The Label? (7887 Views)

Man Decorates His Suit With Naira Note To Attend An Event (Photo) / Black Women: "Why Don’t You Wear Your Hair Natural?” / Wearing Designer Suit With The Label,is It Proper? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should You Wear Your Suit With The Label? by PtBlank: 12:36am On Nov 12, 2011
Now this has got me thinking: Is a suit supposed to be worn with the label around the wrist or is the label supposed to be torn off? Methinks the label should be torn, but when you see people you think should know wearing it the wrong way, you begin to have a rethink. Check out IK's picture below (suit label on left wrist) and see what I'm talking about. Is that how it should be worn? No offense intended pls!

Re: Should You Wear Your Suit With The Label? by kelz88(f): 12:57am On Nov 12, 2011
Looks weird having it on.

Don't think I've seen any guy wearing a suit with the label. Maybe that's the style.
Re: Should You Wear Your Suit With The Label? by Sunflowers(f): 1:58am On Nov 12, 2011
grin grin grin
May be someone just forget to remove the label,
Re: Should You Wear Your Suit With The Label? by Chisom212: 8:49am On Nov 12, 2011
Epic fail grin

He is even forming angry

Re: Should You Wear Your Suit With The Label? by adconline(m): 8:53am On Nov 12, 2011
No way
Re: Should You Wear Your Suit With The Label? by member479760: 8:57am On Nov 12, 2011
the guy go return ham!

1 Like

Re: Should You Wear Your Suit With The Label? by 27naira(m): 9:08am On Nov 12, 2011
nakedall:

the guy go return ham!

em borrow am? grin

him no get wardrobe manager. cheesy
Re: Should You Wear Your Suit With The Label? by freecocoa(f): 9:28am On Nov 12, 2011
Me sef dey think say him rent am.

Wearing it with the label no make sense na,but I know people wey dey do am sha,dem get plans to return am after.
Re: Should You Wear Your Suit With The Label? by Hawkeye(m): 10:05am On Nov 12, 2011
hehehe,
Re: Should You Wear Your Suit With The Label? by Great9ja: 10:10am On Nov 12, 2011
NAIRALAND PLS WHAT WRONG IN WEARING WITH LABEL ON WRIST, IT SEEMS SOME TRY KNOW TOO MUCH, I DON,T SEE ANY WRONG WITH CUS, ALWAYS BLA BLA BLA, NA WETIN BE UR OWN SEF
Re: Should You Wear Your Suit With The Label? by hillsate: 10:39am On Nov 12, 2011
If you really look at labels on suit, they are fixed loosely because it is meant to be removed. The essence of the labels on suit is for quick identification of the designer by the purchaser. Who has time to be opening inside s suit to know the designer.
Re: Should You Wear Your Suit With The Label? by anishe(m): 10:46am On Nov 12, 2011
the label is supposed to be removed.
Re: Should You Wear Your Suit With The Label? by Somatic(m): 10:56am On Nov 12, 2011
Can't really say. It depends. Me remove the labels before wearing the suit. Buh my younger brother has this suit that the label is so tight and finely stitched that we decided maybe it was intended to be left as is. Still it depends sha. To every his own.
Re: Should You Wear Your Suit With The Label? by DerMeister: 11:08am On Nov 12, 2011
People who don't know how to wear suits wear them with their labels on, or maybe they hired the suit from a shop for an occassion and would have to return it afterwards to the store. If they remove the labels, they'd have to pay for the suit.

Guy who actually own the suits should please remove the labels on the sleeves b4 wearing them out.
Re: Should You Wear Your Suit With The Label? by k10: 11:13am On Nov 12, 2011
maybe the picture was for a photoshoot of the suit designer
Re: Should You Wear Your Suit With The Label? by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 12, 2011
if u r a promo object, leave d label on ur suit! mediocre de fashion
Re: Should You Wear Your Suit With The Label? by eros(m): 11:34am On Nov 12, 2011
Always wondered about it, but then it isn't very nice leaving the label on the suit.
Re: Should You Wear Your Suit With The Label? by PtBlank: 11:51am On Nov 12, 2011
In a recent interview I attended, the HR guy blasted one applicant for having his suit label on and stretching his arm forward for him (the Head of HR) to see the designer of the suit. Very embarrasing.
Re: Should You Wear Your Suit With The Label? by Claus(m): 12:29pm On Nov 12, 2011
Leaving the label on the sleeve of your suit is a major NO NO!
Re: Should You Wear Your Suit With The Label? by Allwell(m): 12:42pm On Nov 12, 2011
It's like having the price tag of your shoe on.
Re: Should You Wear Your Suit With The Label? by mikeywise(m): 1:19pm On Nov 12, 2011
why yall quick to jump into conclusion? IK is a tv personality, how are u sure he is not advertising for a particular designer?
Re: Should You Wear Your Suit With The Label? by achinu(m): 1:39pm On Nov 12, 2011
The label on a suit is supposed be taken off before rocking it, It's a No, No
Re: Should You Wear Your Suit With The Label? by OAM4J: 3:51pm On Nov 12, 2011
No.
Re: Should You Wear Your Suit With The Label? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 4:08pm On Nov 12, 2011
Simple
Re: Should You Wear Your Suit With The Label? by anonimi: 4:40pm On Nov 12, 2011
hillsate:

If you really look at labels on suit, they are fixed loosely because it is meant to be removed. The essence of the labels on suit is for quick identification of the designer by the purchaser. Who has time to be opening inside s suit to know the designer.

Indeed the answer is NO, capital NO.
I have read something like the bold part above.
Moreover when in doubt check out how the designers, celebs and leaders of the countries that originated the fashion item wear it.
Anyway be sure not to wear your suit with label on when visiting the White House, Buckingham Palace, Westminster, Paris fashion shows etc.
Re: Should You Wear Your Suit With The Label? by Exponental(m): 5:33pm On Nov 12, 2011
It's as good as leaving d LAGOS sticker on ur windscreen afta purchasing a toks.
Or
label on ur shirt.

I get pissed off seeing it!
Re: Should You Wear Your Suit With The Label? by cecegorz(m): 7:56pm On Nov 12, 2011
It's a complete fashion faux pas.
Matter of fact, removing the label should be the first assignment while donning a new jacket.
Like some one said, you won't want to wear the price tag of an item on it.
Re: Should You Wear Your Suit With The Label? by r231(m): 8:22pm On Nov 12, 2011
Nope
Re: Should You Wear Your Suit With The Label? by NaijaNaWaa: 9:20pm On Nov 12, 2011
It is a complete turn-off for me. Only jew-men wear their suits without removing the sleeve labels. What makes it more annoying is when you are saddled with a woman that doesn't know better. The bobo's woman would've saved him the embarrassment. Tufiakwa.
Re: Should You Wear Your Suit With The Label? by hollars(m): 9:23pm On Nov 12, 2011
I have always assumed that it is understood that one is supposed to remove such a label before wearing the suit, Is it or is it not unconscionably tacky to wear the suit with the tag still on it? Because many labels are made of fabric, I think some people are under the impression that they are part of the suit. Perhaps a message to the men would be that labels are a secret best kept between you and your tailor
Re: Should You Wear Your Suit With The Label? by gascoign1(m): 11:16pm On Nov 12, 2011
D label should be removed,i guess sometimes ppl thinks d label is a design and left it there for show off
Re: Should You Wear Your Suit With The Label? by PtBlank: 11:28pm On Nov 12, 2011
mikeywise:

why yall quick to jump into conclusion? IK is a tv personality, how are u sure he is not advertising for a particular designer?

So if he's advertising, how do you see what he's advertising? Can you tell the designer of the suit he's wearing up there? The fact is the label is meant to identify the designer of the suit and should be removed after purchase.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Suggest Colour Combo/Deco & Hair Style For My Wedding! / 2022 Latest Gorgeous Ankara Skirt And Blouse Styles / Babycham-- Trainers /shoes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.