Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,228 members, 7,811,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

Nestle Nigeria Posts N104bn Loss In 2023, Shareholders Funds Wiped Out - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nestle Nigeria Posts N104bn Loss In 2023, Shareholders Funds Wiped Out (17515 Views)

Cadbury Nigeria Reports N28.2billion Loss In 2023, Shareholders’ Funds Wiped Out / Shareholders Funds Wiped Out As MTN Nigeria Incurs N740bn FOREX Losses / My Sister’s Bank Account Wiped Out. Please Help!!! (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nestle Nigeria Posts N104bn Loss In 2023, Shareholders Funds Wiped Out by Reelz: 3:17pm On Feb 28
Nestle is about to go down.. God help us.
Re: Nestle Nigeria Posts N104bn Loss In 2023, Shareholders Funds Wiped Out by Truf: 3:18pm On Feb 28
FreeStuffsNG:

Paper loss actually wink Their revenue shot up in double digits as usual and they're still making big money here in Nigeria!

For those who don't know how to read and interpret FS, I am sorry that I can't help you.

The forex volatility is a temporary thing. Nestle will outlive it if it keeps minting money like it's still doing. I trust Nestle majority shareholder and other sophisticated investors to start mopping the shares from weak hands who don't understand the FS. To shareholders of Nestle, your company is still very formidable and profitable!

God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!
High on cow dung?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nestle Nigeria Posts N104bn Loss In 2023, Shareholders Funds Wiped Out by Egoveen: 3:30pm On Feb 28
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool Waiting I just read.

Cha!!!

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!
WTF mangrin

1 Like

Re: Nestle Nigeria Posts N104bn Loss In 2023, Shareholders Funds Wiped Out by Adolfnigeria: 3:37pm On Feb 28
@Zxcvbnmghtr
nah poverty of the mind kill u there
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Poverty.
Re: Nestle Nigeria Posts N104bn Loss In 2023, Shareholders Funds Wiped Out by Zxcvbnmghtr: 3:40pm On Feb 28
Adolfnigeria:
@Zxcvbnmghtr
nah poverty of the mind kill u there

Anyone that makes you happy. grin grin grin
Re: Nestle Nigeria Posts N104bn Loss In 2023, Shareholders Funds Wiped Out by nedekid: 3:42pm On Feb 28
Dialpad:
SAD for shareholders

This should pave way for local companies to emerge, at least they won't be sending funds to any home office
Where are the local companies emerging from? Visit any local factory around your neighborhood and speak to anyone in charge. Most are shutting down or running skeletal operations. The nylon manufacturing factory opened by Chinese early last year beside my office, I was informed they have cut staff by half and running below capacity. Can you blame them? Soon they will prefer importation rather than local production as it will be cheaper and less stressful.
As I have beign highlighting of recent, a country with poor electricity cannot have expensive diesel to run generators and haulage. Diesel is now 1600-1800 per liter. A large factory running 1000kva Gen will blow 5.6m diesel daily on 20hrs of use.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nestle Nigeria Posts N104bn Loss In 2023, Shareholders Funds Wiped Out by Egoveen: 3:46pm On Feb 28
Pristine664:
This economic problem is everywhere actually.

But Nigerians online love bad news about their country because it makes them feel better about last election so the media push it more to them.
I like your style of wailinggringrin
Re: Nestle Nigeria Posts N104bn Loss In 2023, Shareholders Funds Wiped Out by Reincarnation10: 3:55pm On Feb 28
The comment sectionis all the evidence u need to know Nigerians dont read
Re: Nestle Nigeria Posts N104bn Loss In 2023, Shareholders Funds Wiped Out by Growing(m): 4:12pm On Feb 28
This is is some troubling news.
Re: Nestle Nigeria Posts N104bn Loss In 2023, Shareholders Funds Wiped Out by mrBlunt(m): 4:22pm On Feb 28
Pristine664:
This economic problem is everywhere actually.

But Nigerians online love bad news about their country because it makes them feel better about last election so the media push it more to them.

Don't mind them. Things are hard now, but, if the government is truly sincere, it only means the country is going through a transformation process and things will become better and more stable with time.

Nestle and Co have been making huge gains for decades from the Nigerian market and repartriating most of the Fx to their home countries. Fx losses in one year should not be a reason for them to groan and start crying. They should write off the losses against their accumulated reserves. Let their parent companies bring fx too. I believe they cannot consider leaving Nigeria because of this 'minor' loss in one year.
Re: Nestle Nigeria Posts N104bn Loss In 2023, Shareholders Funds Wiped Out by blueAgent(m): 4:30pm On Feb 28
Dialpad:
SAD for shareholders

This should pave way for local companies to emerge, at least they won't be sending funds to any home office
Local companies with which products , Nestle products or there own products?
Do you think any country can survive without FDI or foreign manufacturers?
Re: Nestle Nigeria Posts N104bn Loss In 2023, Shareholders Funds Wiped Out by blueAgent(m): 4:32pm On Feb 28
FreeStuffsNG:

Paper loss actually wink Their revenue shot up in double digits as usual and they're still making big money here in Nigeria!

For those who don't know how to read and interpret FS, I am sorry that I can't help you.

The forex volatility is a temporary thing. Nestle will outlive it if it keeps minting money like it's still doing. I trust Nestle majority shareholder and other sophisticated investors to start mopping the shares from weak hands who don't understand the FS. To shareholders of Nestle, your company is still very formidable and profitable!

God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!
Keep fooling yourself
Speaking grammar and terms you can barley comprehend.

2 Likes

Re: Nestle Nigeria Posts N104bn Loss In 2023, Shareholders Funds Wiped Out by skj1377(m): 4:35pm On Feb 28
I wish Tinubu all the best
Re: Nestle Nigeria Posts N104bn Loss In 2023, Shareholders Funds Wiped Out by Tealcrestmedia(m): 5:03pm On Feb 28
They made good profits, the report is kinda ambiguous. They took loans in usd, due to our dancing FX situation, companies that took loan at say 650 to 1 usd will now be paying or have a net liability of times 2 what they took, if they are ever to repay back those loans. Also report did not specify when those loans are due but have already included it in 2023 reports.
Re: Nestle Nigeria Posts N104bn Loss In 2023, Shareholders Funds Wiped Out by Arabs999: 5:16pm On Feb 28
DIVINEEVIDENCE:
Na statistics we go chop?
...Nna. You funny die... grin angry angry angry grin

1 Like

Re: Nestle Nigeria Posts N104bn Loss In 2023, Shareholders Funds Wiped Out by esthel(f): 5:27pm On Feb 28
Nestle shares was one of the best performing shares, Nigeria has happened to them
Re: Nestle Nigeria Posts N104bn Loss In 2023, Shareholders Funds Wiped Out by smiliyB(f): 7:34pm On Feb 28
eliyke:
angry I wonder what will b going through d minds of some investors dis calamity govt is trying to woo,instead of cleaning ur house first,u are traveling up nd down begging other countries to invest in ur country when u can not maintain d little ones u hv here
I read this comment in this man's voice grin especially the last part.

Funny but not funny
Re: Nestle Nigeria Posts N104bn Loss In 2023, Shareholders Funds Wiped Out by Tonididdyx: 9:24pm On Feb 28
Doing business in Nigeria Is hell

Electricity costs along can drive you nuts!
Re: Nestle Nigeria Posts N104bn Loss In 2023, Shareholders Funds Wiped Out by nigeriansamurai(m): 9:30pm On Feb 28
[quote author=Sirmwill post=128689117]If Nestle should decide to leave Nigeria

All Your eyes would see Banza version of Shege
Re: Nestle Nigeria Posts N104bn Loss In 2023, Shareholders Funds Wiped Out by Komo4dmoney: 1:37am On Feb 29
They record loss now, but all these years they've been gaining.
Re: Nestle Nigeria Posts N104bn Loss In 2023, Shareholders Funds Wiped Out by uba1991: 2:47am On Feb 29
And some mumu want investors to come and risk their money in this disaster.
Now certainly many people will be jobless.
Re: Nestle Nigeria Posts N104bn Loss In 2023, Shareholders Funds Wiped Out by uba1991: 2:53am On Feb 29
olax02:
What of all these times that they have been reaping the average Nigerian with their stupid price? They should take heart. sad
the moment you want to support Tinubu you must remove your brain before doing that. A reasonable human being cannot type this rubbish you just did. Do you know how many Nigerians are feeding their families because of that company? If they are not making profit the company will fold up, and if the company fold up thousands will lose their jobs. Those that lose their Job now becomes security risk.
Mr man you better shut up if you don't know what to say in public.

1 Like

Re: Nestle Nigeria Posts N104bn Loss In 2023, Shareholders Funds Wiped Out by stanliwise(m): 8:22am On Feb 29
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Oga the economy is biting even worse in Europe and America.
whether na Akamu dey your brain. I nor know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira Now N166 To $1. Can Someone Tell Me What Is Happening? / Microfinance Bank Defrauds Over 200 Market Women In Lagos / Naira Appreciates As Manufacturers Lament Forex Scarcity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.