Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Dollar Is Falling, Naira Is Rising, And The People That Update Us Are In Coma - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dollar Is Falling, Naira Is Rising, And The People That Update Us Are In Coma (3949 Views)

PDP, LP In Coma, They Will Die In Three Years – Primate Ayodele / Ex-Edo Speaker, Marcus Onobun In Coma After Ghastly Auto Crash (PHOTO) / Abiola Ajimobi's Health Condition Worsens After Days In Coma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dollar Is Falling, Naira Is Rising, And The People That Update Us Are In Coma by abc115: 2:54pm On Feb 28
Dollar is falling, Naira is rising, and the people that always update us are in coma.

Nairaland nna weldone

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dollar Is Falling, Naira Is Rising, And The People That Update Us Are In Coma by Olachase(m): 2:56pm On Feb 28
how much is it now cus me i don tire to day check update

28 Likes

Re: Dollar Is Falling, Naira Is Rising, And The People That Update Us Are In Coma by AlexBells(m): 2:56pm On Feb 28
abc115:
Dollar is falling, Naira is rising, and the people that always update us are in coma.

Nairaland nna weldone
Temporary measure and bringing back the regulation is not a reliable solution. So many job lost as now illegal BDC closes, we are not yet out of the wood, personally I want Tinubu to succeed but he isn’t tackling the problem head on production is not really increasing

10 Likes

Re: Dollar Is Falling, Naira Is Rising, And The People That Update Us Are In Coma by Shadomaan7: 2:58pm On Feb 28
Yesss, finally some positive news for our economy! If only our leaders could do the same and prioritize our own currency

5 Likes

Re: Dollar Is Falling, Naira Is Rising, And The People That Update Us Are In Coma by garriAndsugar: 3:02pm On Feb 28
Your concern should be dollar is falling, naira is rising yet prices aren't coming down.

We don't need any useless update about naira rising we want to see price of goods coming down

29 Likes

Re: Dollar Is Falling, Naira Is Rising, And The People That Update Us Are In Coma by banku: 3:03pm On Feb 28
Far too early to celebrate yeyebrity.

The Government is taking reasonable measures of deterrent but long term solution is to discourage junk imports and stop liberal market no country in the world practices.

Dollar is like a yoyo big mouse eating your toes and blowing it for comfort at the same time.

When did we even get used to one dollar to 500 not to mention one thousand.

abc115:

Nairaland nna weldone

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Dollar Is Falling, Naira Is Rising, And The People That Update Us Are In Coma by SoNature(m): 3:04pm On Feb 28
Bola Tinubu met the dollar at 400 official rate and 600 at parallel market rate. Until it drops below what he met it, we have nothing to celebrate.

Again, nobody forced Tinubu to take that job! He lost sleep, spent a lot of money and travelled round to country to convince Nigerians that he was capable of doing the job! He should do it and stop seeking validation!

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dollar Is Falling, Naira Is Rising, And The People That Update Us Are In Coma by Zxcvbnmghtr: 3:10pm On Feb 28
SoNature:
Bola Tinubu met the dollar at 400 official rate and 600 at parallel market rate. Until it drops below what he met it, we have nothing to celebrate.

Again, nobody forced Tinubu to take that job! He lost sleep, spent a lot of money and travelled round to country to convince Nigerians that he was capable of doing the job! He should do it and stop seeking validation!

Complain Complain Complain. Nawa o. grin grin grin

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dollar Is Falling, Naira Is Rising, And The People That Update Us Are In Coma by Zxcvbnmghtr: 3:11pm On Feb 28
AlexBells:

Temporary measure and bringing back the regulation is not a reliable solution. So many job lost as now illegal BDC closes, we are not yet out of the wood, personally I want Tinubu to succeed but he isn’t tackling the problem head on production is not really increasing

Local Production is key but it can't happen overnight. It's gradual process.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dollar Is Falling, Naira Is Rising, And The People That Update Us Are In Coma by SoNature(m): 3:12pm On Feb 28
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Complain Complain Complain. Nawa o. grin grin grin

I'm not complaining; I'm stating the obvious. The world only celebrates people who made things better than they met it, not those struggling to improve something after destroying it.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dollar Is Falling, Naira Is Rising, And The People That Update Us Are In Coma by Frigga13: 3:13pm On Feb 28
Naira is gaining

Dollar no Dey fall..

This Apc paid people sef..

Na who carry naira go useless.. Asiwaju the Yoruba god..

So wetin the op Dey celebrate?

You see some Nigerians no well at all.. tribalism turns humans to animals

Your kinsma meet naira at 600.. against dollar.. his mumu and his team foolishness carry go 1800.. now he’s quick fixing the naira to gain.. 1350.. and you’re here celebrating with intend to abuse and curse your superiors that has warned about the Yoruba god daftness .

Nairaland sef ..

Very anyhow site with lots of Yoruba people

17 Likes

Re: Dollar Is Falling, Naira Is Rising, And The People That Update Us Are In Coma by Zxcvbnmghtr: 3:14pm On Feb 28
SoNature:

I'm not complaining; I'm stating the obvious. The world only celebrates people who made things better than they met it, not those struggling to improve something after destroying it.

You are still complaining. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dollar Is Falling, Naira Is Rising, And The People That Update Us Are In Coma by kpakpakpa(m): 3:15pm On Feb 28
Call me naive but i ain't moved by the so called crashing of the dollar. As a neutral person in politics who want our leaders to succeed irrespective of their party affiliation and make the people smile, it is only when the prices of goods comes down that i will celebrate or be happy.

I ask for a bag of fertilizer today and its 37k, how can we the poor masses afford such at this moment when we are almost dieing of hunger? A bottle of herbicide is 5500 as we speak, that means many of us who depend on farming will not be able to farm this year and this means more hunger next year.

Life as a jobless Nigerian is worse than hell, the future is not looking too good my brother. Many of us can not explain how we manage to be alive till now

11 Likes

Re: Dollar Is Falling, Naira Is Rising, And The People That Update Us Are In Coma by QualitySneakers: 3:15pm On Feb 28
Production can't increase overnight.one step at a time

AlexBells:

3 Likes

Re: Dollar Is Falling, Naira Is Rising, And The People That Update Us Are In Coma by SoNature(m): 3:17pm On Feb 28
Zxcvbnmghtr:

You are still complaining. grin

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

1 Like

Re: Dollar Is Falling, Naira Is Rising, And The People That Update Us Are In Coma by ambale(m): 3:17pm On Feb 28
You guys are predictable seriously and the president knows you his supporters have weak brains

The strategy is simple, make the situation so bad, then do some stuffs and make it look like you working

It's not even 1k yet, even when it was 600 under buhari, there was still little being felt

Many of you add nothing positive to the economy rather than buying data to gist away your future and few ones working with government are just doing lazy work upandan

You think any business man wants the economy down, we can't even sell cars again cos an food everybody dey buy, you think I'm happy that money no dey enter like before?

11 Likes

Re: Dollar Is Falling, Naira Is Rising, And The People That Update Us Are In Coma by kpakpakpa(m): 3:19pm On Feb 28
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Local Production is key but it can't happen overnight. It's gradual process.
Gradual process you say?

Next year will be worse, the government is not encouraging the local production that you are even talking about.
Re: Dollar Is Falling, Naira Is Rising, And The People That Update Us Are In Coma by Zxcvbnmghtr: 3:20pm On Feb 28
ambale:
You guys are predictable seriously and the president knows you his supporters have weak brains

The strategy is simple, make the situation so bad, then do some stuffs and make it look like you working

It's not even 1k yet, even when it was 600 under buhari, there was still little being felt

Many of you add nothing positive to the economy rather than buying data to gist away your future and few ones working with government are just doing lazy work upandan

You think any business man wants the economy down, we can't even sell cars again cos an food everybody dey buy, you think I'm happy that money no dey enter like before?

Nawa for una. You should know that Canadian Dollar is falling against the American Dollar and the Economy is biting seriously there.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Is Falling, Naira Is Rising, And The People That Update Us Are In Coma by Minime10(f): 3:23pm On Feb 28
Dollar is falling, dollar is falling how has the so call dollar fall impacted on the prices of stable food stuffs in the market?
A bag of sachet water now sells for 400, cement price isn't dropping either from the price it went up to. A bag of rice is still 68k plus naira and you are here making noise about dollar falls🙄

8 Likes

Re: Dollar Is Falling, Naira Is Rising, And The People That Update Us Are In Coma by aribisala0(m): 3:23pm On Feb 28
AlexBells:

Oil production is increasing
Electricity production is on the right track
Food production is severely hampered by bandits but efforts are being made to deal with that

What concrete steps can be taken in the immediate term to increase production that this Government is failing to take?

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dollar Is Falling, Naira Is Rising, And The People That Update Us Are In Coma by OfficialAPCNig: 3:23pm On Feb 28
Tinubu FX policy is wack.

So far it continues to fluctuate, it'll always give room for speculators to thrive.

Dollar was #1680+ few days ago.

It fell to #1600+

This morning it was #1520 and just now it's #1530.

Immediately I saw the dollar was down to #1520, I bought $350 dollar on *******.

It's now #1530.

I am selling once top #100 per dollar.

35k profit.

Now imagine how much those who are speculating with up to $1 million makes daily.

That's 100 million Naira for each trip.

The only way the government can stop us from speculating is by stopping those fluctuations.

But occasionally pumping in dollars into the market to push the rate down will only favour FX traders.

For those that will wail under this comment, FX trading is not illegal. It's perfectly a legal means to make money.

9 Likes

Re: Dollar Is Falling, Naira Is Rising, And The People That Update Us Are In Coma by Zxcvbnmghtr: 3:23pm On Feb 28
kpakpakpa:

Gradual process you say?

Next year will be worse, the government is not encouraging the local production that you are even talking about.

Tell us your own efforts. How have you been productive.

3 Likes

Re: Dollar Is Falling, Naira Is Rising, And The People That Update Us Are In Coma by Walkingdead755: 3:24pm On Feb 28
Lol abeg let naira go back to 1$=1#
Re: Dollar Is Falling, Naira Is Rising, And The People That Update Us Are In Coma by aribisala0(m): 3:24pm On Feb 28
OfficialAPCNig:
Tinubu FX policy is wack.

So far it continues to fluctuate, it'll always give room for speculators to thrive.

Dollar was #1680+ few days ago.

It fell to #1600+

This morning it was #1520 and just now it's #1530.

Immediately I saw the dollar was down to #1520, I bought $350 dollar on *******.

It's now #1530.

I am selling once top #100 per dollar.

35k profit.

Now imagine how much those who are speculating with up to $1 million makes daily.

That's 100 million Naira for each trip.

The only way the government can stop us from speculating is by stopping those fluctuations.

But occasionally pumping in dollars into the market to push the rate down will only favour FX traders.

For those that will wail under this comment, FX trading is not illegal. It's perfectly a legal means to make money.

What is the right policy?

25 Likes

Re: Dollar Is Falling, Naira Is Rising, And The People That Update Us Are In Coma by OfficialAPCNig: 3:26pm On Feb 28
aribisala0:

Food production is severely hampered by bandits but efforts are being made to deal with that

What concrete steps can be taken in the immediate term to increase production that this Government is failing to take?
Which electricity production is on the right track? For the past week I have never experienced over 3 hours electricity at a go, especially during the day, here in Lagos.

If not for solar, I wonder how I'll survive in this Tinubu economy.

Dey no dey use propaganda run governance.

9 Likes

Re: Dollar Is Falling, Naira Is Rising, And The People That Update Us Are In Coma by OfficialAPCNig: 3:26pm On Feb 28
aribisala0:

Personally, I want the rate to keep going up. I don't care. But as a good Nigerian, the only way to fix this FX madness is to peg the exchange rate.

Once Tinubu does that, speculators and traders will vanish or at least limit their activities.

Do you know there are people who believes that the FG is benefiting from this exchange rate fluctuations?

A sitting senator even said that.

I don't understand why dollar will fall to $1500+ and in less than 24 hours will start rising until it hits #1,700+.

And then started falling again.

And when it hits $1500+, it'll start rising again.

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Is Falling, Naira Is Rising, And The People That Update Us Are In Coma by Chinkoalhaji34: 3:27pm On Feb 28
oh, which kind of coma dey worry una wey una no fit tell us about this fall of dollar and rise of Naira?
Re: Dollar Is Falling, Naira Is Rising, And The People That Update Us Are In Coma by aribisala0(m): 3:28pm On Feb 28
OfficialAPCNig:

Which electricity production is on the right track? For the past week I have never experienced over 3 hours electricity at a go, especially during the day, here in Lagos.

If not for solar, I wonder how I'll survive in this Tinubu economy.

Dey no dey use propaganda run governance.

See every thing is not quarrel
They commissioned a plant in Aba this week is that the wrong track?
Please enlighten me

I do not expect magic but if you are moving in the wrong direction
Just making a U turn is the right thing

28 Likes

Re: Dollar Is Falling, Naira Is Rising, And The People That Update Us Are In Coma by AlexBells(m): 3:30pm On Feb 28
aribisala0:

Are these kind of production what that have been jacking the exchange? Why is Dangote not selling petrol in Naira, what about utility import, drugs and other raw materials needed to produce finished goods are we producing them yet, with every measure Tinubu takes, he kills another industry. It is still a balance and that’s the problem
Re: Dollar Is Falling, Naira Is Rising, And The People That Update Us Are In Coma by aribisala0(m): 3:31pm On Feb 28
AlexBells:

Are these kind of production what that have been jacking the exchange? Why is Dangote not selling petrol in Naira, what about utility import, drugs and other raw materials needed to produce finished goods are we producing them yet, with every measure Tinubu takes, he kills another industry. It is still a balance and that’s the problem

28 Likes

Re: Dollar Is Falling, Naira Is Rising, And The People That Update Us Are In Coma by OfficialAPCNig: 3:32pm On Feb 28
aribisala0:

See every thing is not quarrel
They commissioned a plant in Aba this week is that the wrong track?
Please enlighten me

I do not expect magic but if you are moving in the wrong direction
Just making a U turn is the right thing
It's only for Aba people. It's not going into the national grid
Re: Dollar Is Falling, Naira Is Rising, And The People That Update Us Are In Coma by kpakpakpa(m): 3:32pm On Feb 28
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Tell us your own efforts. How have you been productive.
I will need a day atleast to explain this simple question so i will pass.

To summarize it for you, people like us are the reason why you are alive and typing at this moment because without our efforts put in farming, you may not see food to eat despite a dollar been sold at 5naira.

All i'm saying is for the governmet to stop chasing the dollar and make goods available at cheap price to the masses and every problem will settle on it own. I know of many people that will farm 10lines of cassava if the price of fertilizer and other things did not come down and you what that means.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Week / South West Sells Out Southern Nigeria To Hausa/fulani As Slaves / How Senior & Junior Cadets Celebrate Their Birthdays In Nigerian Defence Academy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.