Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,482 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ (23255 Views)

UK Considers Supplying Anti Aircraft Star Streak Missiles To Ukraine / Mcdonald’s Temporarily Closes 850 Restaurants In Russia. Suspends Operations. / Lake Fire In California Continues To Rage, Growing To 11,000 Acres( Vid) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by epainos: 4:33am On Feb 29
No matter how you fight this issue, you will lose. BAT has realised that he MUST keep subsidizing it. Lol. Officially CBN is the one that has pegged it with the recent $20k sales to qualified BDCs.

The ONLY solutions are:

1. Borrow money or just get it anyhow to quickly invest heavily in Power. If Barth Nnaji can do it in Aba, we can do it elsewhere. Lagos, Abuja and PH need this. 24/7 light everywhere.

2. Keep cabals in diesels away, so that production can start again. The high cost of diesel was the reason factories shut down. So, we need to get electricity going.

Naturally, producers will return to work and the naira will naturally gain its strength back.

See...CBN will keep subsidizing it as long as my recommendation above is not done. And it will get to a stage, where CBN will die off too. The truth is on BAT's table. grin Nigeria cannot afford to continue what CBN is doing, but BAT may take the easy way out like Buhari and do it...cause more damage, and pass the burden to the next president.

We will all keep suffering from this issue. Lol. Only smart people who can source for dollars are a bit safe.

Good luck to everyone.

9 Likes

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by enemyofprogress: 4:35am On Feb 29
aariwa:
If they can be able to get it to 1,200 . I will buy in the dip and transfer into my domiciliary account in Ghana
na people like you dey spoil this country

4 Likes

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by Coolestguy2023: 4:35am On Feb 29
Thr hypocrites and evil haters of the country will avoid this thread. The clowns with put there tails in between ther legs are ealk out of the thread because it's a good news for the country which they hate to hear. They are always happy and there testosterone is always high whenever they hear anything bad about the country. That will always give them the.opportunity to unleash there evil minds on SM insulting everyone. You will never see such evil people commend the government when they make effort to get things right but will be quick to critize and insult government for anything wrong which sonetimes doesn't even havr to do with the government. I can assure you that such people will NEVER reap the fruit of this country because you can't be cursing the country and insulting the leaders and expect anything good to happen in your life.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by Konquest: 4:35am On Feb 29
Truths9ja:
Wow that’s great. Naira keep on increasing back. You can still withdraw via kucoin crypto currency wallet app. Use my code when signing up on kucoin. You can withdraw on kucoin crypto currency wallet app. You can buy or sell the usdt . My refer code: https://www.kucoin.com/r/rf/rB31GDW
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by bluefilm: 4:36am On Feb 29
Are we supposed to be celebrating this mess?

Nonsense angry

2 Likes

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by AngelicBeing: 4:36am On Feb 29
aariwa:
If they can be able to get it to 1,200 . I will buy in the dip and transfer into my domiciliary account in Ghana
And I will arrest you for currency trafficking and detain you for 70 years in Abuja without Bail wink

2 Likes

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by Konquest: 4:37am On Feb 29
danowena:
Depends on where they got their info from. I bought at N1460 and felt cheated. grin even though i bought at N1580 on tuesday.

I pray it continues to appreciates as we hope the cabals won't fight back.

A good move to block the crypto sites. They were part of the problem with their speculation of rates. remaining finance sites like flywire, cadremit and co that helps in inflating the dollar figure for their own gain at our detriment.
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by Konquest: 4:37am On Feb 29
aariwa:
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by Imeyo(m): 4:37am On Feb 29
mycar:
Anything short of atleast N750/usd is good for nothing, N1500/usd represents 150% devaluation and this sounds like a thief giving you back 0.01% of your stolen money for transport and expects you to be happy with him.
Over to you hypocrites embarassed
By the way, FG should enforce the capturing of usd customers' bvn to discourage hoarding. Only in Nigeria they hoard dollars. what a country!
Aki, you are right 👍
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by AngelicBeing: 4:37am On Feb 29
Lalami3232:
This is good news!!! But the problem with Nigeria is Nigerians. Whatever goes up can't come down in this country. It's virtually impossible for prices of goods to come down after been increased because of our yeye greed. Sometimes eeh, I dey feel say God just select some certain types of people to be born in this country. We deserve the kind of leaders we get because majority of us are worse than them. What do I even know aside to enlighten my fellow men nationwide.

Oga if you no meet your wife as a virgin, oga go for DNA test oooooo because boreholes aka non-virgins can't be trusted
Haba, you no dey Taya do virgin talk shocked
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by Konquest: 4:39am On Feb 29
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by londonerr: 4:41am On Feb 29
bluefilm:
Are we supposed to be celebrating this mess?

Nonsense angry
I wonder o.
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by Chibuzoripob: 4:43am On Feb 29
cool we are waiting for New Agulu masquerade to drop his bad luck quote

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by spako4(m): 4:47am On Feb 29
[quote author=updatedws post=128700096]So the official rate now higher than the parallel rate? The government continues to play to the gallery...
In medicine, there is what we call symptomatic management where instead of diagnosing and getting rid of the cause of a sickness, you continue to treat symptoms of the sickness like fever.

These gains u see are artificial and placebolic at best.
Open your eyes well and see

Banning cryptos and churning out stringent measures against BDC operators who have been in existence for years without causing any problems would do no good to the Nigerian economy at large.

The government has to realize that bowing to pressure from IMF and world bank to remove subsidy and float the naira is the bane of our current situation...

Hitting the ground running is/was the greatest undoing of this government.

If the government really meant well for this country, what he would have done was to probe the former government to recover the billions of the borrowed dollars that were looted instead of making the citizens pay for these loots through subsidy removal.

I submit with this thought.

The only way forward for Nigeria right now is to start going backward.

The government must undo the deadly policies set by the Buhari government instead of continuing in it
Stop these blaming games and see good things this government is doing

2 Likes

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by Chibuzoripob: 4:52am On Feb 29
sad OBI and his cheesy OBIDIENTS won't be happy. Good news is a taboo for them.They dnt wish the country well.HOPELESS,MISFORTUNE is their motto watchword sad grin shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by adamusuleiman2: 4:52am On Feb 29
Like play, the naira is fighting back ooo. Even I am shocked.

1 Like

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by kkins25(m): 4:53am On Feb 29
If we continue to give---temporary solution, to the poorest of the poorest..

1 Like

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by Daniel058(m): 4:55am On Feb 29
Truths9ja:
Wow that’s great. Naira keep on increasing back. You can still withdraw via kucoin crypto currency wallet app. Use my code when signing up on kucoin. You can withdraw on kucoin crypto currency wallet app. You can buy or sell the usdt . My refer code: https://www.kucoin.com/r/rf/rB31GDW
p2p no longer working in Nigeria
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by kkins25(m): 4:56am On Feb 29
Chibuzoripob:
sad OBI and hi sads OBIDIENTS won't be happy. Good news is a taboo for them.They dnt wish the country well.HOPELESS,MISFORTUNE is their motto watchword sad grin shocked

That's not how money works, sir. There are many factors that determine the value of Money, increasing the demand for Naira would only go so little. Las las, you'll still take that Naira, convert it, to purchase goods.

The government is only trying to force the demand for the Naira, but is the Naira being demanded?
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by Yankee101: 4:57am On Feb 29
Shut binance down
Naira appreciates
You can’t let another entity determine your future

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by Flets: 4:57am On Feb 29
adamusuleiman2:
Like play, the naira is fighting back ooo. Even I am shocked.

Max - 1 month from now, 1USD will exchange for more than 1800.

The root cause of the naira devaluation has not been touched at all. This symptom treatment ain’t sustainable

Even the presidency and the governors don’t trust the naira and that is why they convert their allocations to USD monthly.

5 Likes

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by Truths9ja: 4:58am On Feb 29
Daniel058:
p2p no longer working in Nigeria
lol it works on kucoin crypto app and not Binance
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by Chibuzoripob: 5:01am On Feb 29
cool make everything sha come down to normal..We dnt want bad energy
kkins25:

That's not how money works, sir. There are many factors that determine the value of Money, increasing the demand for Naira would only go so little. Las las, you'll still take that Naira, convert it, to purchase goods.

The government is only trying to force the demand for the Naira, but is the Naira being demanded?

1 Like

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by lanre316: 5:01am On Feb 29
aariwa:

Correct guy wey sabi

1 Like

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by lanre316: 5:05am On Feb 29
Truths9ja:

Not only kucoin sef. Many top global exchanges have naira P2P. I don't know if the government people are reading, so pardon me if I don't mention names. Just Google top 10 global crypto exchanges. More than 3 of them have naira P2P, that I'm sure.
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by Daniel058(m): 5:06am On Feb 29
Truths9ja:
this is kucoin, where is p2p there pls?

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by Daniel058(m): 5:08am On Feb 29
lanre316:

Not only kucoin sef. Many top global exchanges have naira P2P. I don't know if the government people are reading, so pardon me if I don't mention names. Just Google top 10 global crypto exchanges. More than 3 of them have naira P2P, that I'm sure.
please can I DM you?
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by madjune(m): 5:10am On Feb 29
Emedu:
We are simply moving from a fixed (pegged) exchange rate to a managed floating exchange rate regime. Changes like this often come along with the high upward volatility we experienced some weeks ago.

With the aggressive efforts of the CBN, I strongly believe we are in the stage of stability; once that is obtained, we can then talk about appreciation of naira to fair value

Good days ahead.

Good days ahead.

What are you exporting?
Have you finished paying off your debt?

1 Like

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by Truths9ja: 5:13am On Feb 29
lanre316:

very true, 100% truths. How many crypto currency app they want to block. Cardoso will be pelted sachet water on the street when dollar no gree for him. Naira rate against dollar rate will hit #2k per dollar soon. Btc no gree for anybody. It has reached over $60k already heading to $80k

1 Like

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by Nawa4nl: 5:15am On Feb 29
fearlessfang:
Buy the dip. It would go back up grin
No mind them with their fire brigade mentality
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by lanre316: 5:20am On Feb 29
Daniel058:
this is kucoin, where is p2p there pls?

Update your app to the latest version. Go to home page.

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by lanre316: 5:23am On Feb 29
Daniel058:
please can I DM you?

Go ahead

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'Silence Is Betrayal': Prince Harry Hits Buckingham Palace / Petition To Prevent Trump UK State Visit Hits Over 560,000 Signatures / Jim Kenney: Trump Needs To "Put His Big Boy Pants On" And Accept Defeat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.