Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,982 members, 7,828,479 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ (23349 Views)

UK Considers Supplying Anti Aircraft Star Streak Missiles To Ukraine / Mcdonald’s Temporarily Closes 850 Restaurants In Russia. Suspends Operations. / Lake Fire In California Continues To Rage, Growing To 11,000 Acres( Vid) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by lexy2014: 7:21am On Feb 29
Donsheddy:

Is the price of dollat how it use to be before 🤔🤔

People celebrating this little drop is one of the reasons why i believe this country isn't going to get better any time soon....
we dey use our future they play...

Dollar moved from 700 to 1500 that over 100% loss in value and we dey celebrate in space of 9 months....

Make we just dey play...

Just how we celebrated when we first got to 1300 and dropped back to 950

We all celebrated...
Who could have believed that a naira will be 1500🤔 and we all still celebrating.. mm.

Politicians just dey use us play chess...
God day

you are blessed. I seriously dont understand the mentality of some Nigerians. the expectation from government is very low

2 Likes

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by Truths9ja: 7:39am On Feb 29
dikings:

Real Fact. As for Cryptocurrencies, Nigerians must trade grin
yes. All of the world, crypto currency’s are been trade, and it will continue till Jesus come
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by Truths9ja: 7:40am On Feb 29
obembet:

U deserve 10 years ban. Why can you invite FG to come and ban them too since u can not keep quiet cos of stupid referal
nope, some people haven’t heard of kucoin, so it’s a form of enlightenment to people niii
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by Truths9ja: 7:41am On Feb 29
Bluearrow:

Stop posting this!
Except u are doing it for them to notice it & block it too
ok sir
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by lexy2014: 7:45am On Feb 29
Lalami3232:
This is good news!!! But the problem with Nigeria is Nigerians. Whatever goes up can't come down in this country. It's virtually impossible for prices of goods to come down after been increased because of our yeye greed. Sometimes eeh, I dey feel say God just select some certain types of people to be born in this country. We deserve the kind of leaders we get because majority of us are worse than them. What do I even know aside to enlighten my fellow men nationwide.

Oga if you no meet your wife as a virgin, oga go for DNA test oooooo because boreholes aka non-virgins can't be trusted

something moved from 700 to 1600 and now it is 1500. how is that good news?

1 Like

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by lexy2014: 7:46am On Feb 29
DeLaRue:

Thanks bro. for the names of these sites.

I wonder if the CBN has an intelligence unit that is monitoring social media to gather information about these numerous sites, and block them.

how are the sites you want CBN to be running after responsible for the governments failure in the way it has managed the naira?
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by abobote: 7:47am On Feb 29
NaijaSumigan:
Every political leader who has contributed to Nigeria downfall shall remain in everlasting pain.

The pains these politicians have caused Nigerians all these while shall never go unpunished over their lives and family members.

They travel around the world but the bastards can't lead well. They loot our money, always coming out to give false hope.

Every political leader stealing the wealth of Nigerians will not live to spend what he/she stole.
It doesn't work like that
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by BodyCount: 7:50am On Feb 29
aariwa:
If they can be able to get it to 1,200 . I will buy in the dip and transfer into my domiciliary account in Ghana
You don't deserve a government. You're more corrupt than the rulers you complain about.
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by lexy2014: 7:50am On Feb 29
Omalicious1:

THIS IS GOOD!!!!! BUT CAN THE PRICES OF THINGS JUST GO BACK TO HOW IT USED TO BE BEFORE?

something moved from 700 to 1600 in under a year and now it is 1500. how is that good news?

you are celebrating dollar at 1500 and you are expecting prices to go back to how it used to be before. was dollar 1500 before?

1 Like

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by Mikuni(m): 7:51am On Feb 29
Geovanni412:

Nope,

Realists

What economic measure is in place to sufficiently stabilise the naira?

Are we exporting more products now?
They increased the interest rate this week. The effect will definitely be strong
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by Mikuni(m): 7:52am On Feb 29
Emedu:

Mind you, Nigeria’s total trade in the third quarter of 2023 stood at ₦18,804.29 billion. Exports were valued at ₦10,346.60 billion while total imports stood at ₦8,457.68 billion, this was not felt in our exchange rate because of our high debt service to revenue ratio, high volume of printed naira in the name of ways and means. All these things are systematically taken care of to ensure the surplus naira is mopped up.

I believe there are good days ahead
I owe the appreciation to the increase in interest rate
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by lexy2014: 7:56am On Feb 29
Mikuni:

I owe the appreciation to the increase in interest rate

which interest rate? is the government still allowing market forces or it is now regulating the price of the dollar?
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by naija4life247: 7:56am On Feb 29
aariwa:
If they can be able to get it to 1,200 . I will buy in the dip and transfer into my domiciliary account in Ghana

Pray make Ogun no kee you
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by Johnjustice: 7:57am On Feb 29
Close down all online binance applications and platforms. We should not allow a few speculators destroy our economy, due to their own personal greed.
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by BodyCount: 8:05am On Feb 29
nairalanda1:
Still lipstick on a pig. Lipstick on a pig does not make it a beautiful Homo sapiens woman.

Nigeria needs to, as Moghalu has said, be an exporter of manufactured goods and services...
Y'all should stop this senseless and unreasonable mentality.
Nigeria is one of the main exporter of goods in the world, don't let the government foōl you.
Everything is not all about finished goods.
We export CRUDE OIL and many other natural resources and agricultural products! CRUDE OIL IS WHAT IS SUSTAINING MANY ARAB NATIONS.
Nigeria is very very rich, the problem is stealing, embezzling and corruption.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by KaptainAfrika: 8:07am On Feb 29
Can they return it to 150 Naira where they found and it fk off. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by MartinsD12(m): 8:16am On Feb 29
Ibrahimcoomasie:

https://www.thecable.ng/naira-gains-at-parallel-market-trades-at-n1500
If we have competent economic knowledgeable people in leadership I don't see the reason why naira should be losing value get it back to 400 immediately
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by Corrections: 8:18am On Feb 29
RainMoreDFARMS:
This burger now nah gold for my area

This food. … no be small thing o That bread and Akara can’t be less than #1500 grin grin

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by CountinBlessins(m): 8:25am On Feb 29
NaijaSumigan:
Every political leader who has contributed to Nigeria downfall shall remain in everlasting pain.

The pains these politicians have caused Nigerians all these while shall never go unpunished over their lives and family members.

They travel around the world but the bastards can't lead well. They loot our money, always coming out to give false hope.

Every political leader stealing the wealth of Nigerians will not live to spend what he/she stole.

Amen

1 Like

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by obembet(f): 8:26am On Feb 29
Truths9ja:
nope, some people haven’t heard of kucoin, so it’s a form of enlightenment to people niii

Carry microphone
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by incomebrain(m): 8:33am On Feb 29
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by VanuatuWycombe: 8:37am On Feb 29
NaijaSumigan:

And every civil servants, from area office in local governments to federal government. Aaamen, aaaamin, iseeeee.
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by Faposky95: 8:39am On Feb 29
with all the children going out from the NYSC in this country, why cant we hear a government driven Industrial Plan....?
as far back as 2004, i decried this, where most Engineering and Science grads came out to hustle for bank jobs and commercial spaces.
1000 grads from the 774 LGs sponsored by government in an Industrial Plan for starters.
and see what we would produce Made in Nigeria.......
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by OctavianAC(m): 8:43am On Feb 29
danowena:
Depends on where they got their info from. I bought at N1460 and felt cheated. grin even though i bought at N1580 on tuesday.

I pray it continues to appreciates as we hope the cabals won't fight back.

A good move to block the crypto sites. They were part of the problem with their speculation of rates. remaining finance sites like flywire, cadremit and co that helps in inflating the dollar figure for their own gain at our detriment.
Where did you got yours, please call me or send my your WhatsApp number for business. 08113558880.

1 Like

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by babatunji91185: 8:47am On Feb 29
No worry this one would still be shut down.So people should signup because of your stupid referral bonus.Show us more, so CBN will shut it down asapNo worry this one would still be shut down.So people should signup because of your stupid referral bonus.Show us more, so CBN will shut it down asap...
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by tollyboy5(m): 8:52am On Feb 29
nairalanda1:
Still lipstick on a pig. Lipstick on a pig does not make it a beautiful Homo sapiens woman.

Nigeria needs to, as Moghalu has said, be an exporter of manufactured goods and services...
The recent increase in dollar is caused by artificial market reality with speculators over speculating.
Nigerians has gone back to their farm and insecurity is seriously death with.
The artifical market realities need to be cut out so as the economy improves gradually it will reflect on the market rate and not fighting speculating forces.

Besides since nnpcl got crude oil we've not seen anything in the market
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by nairalanda1(m): 8:54am On Feb 29
BodyCount:

Y'all should stop this senseless and unreasonable mentality.
Nigeria is one of the main exporter of goods in the world, don't let the government foōl you.
Everything is not all about finished goods.
We export CRUDE OIL and many other natural resources and agricultural products! CRUDE OIL IS WHAT IS SUSTAINING MANY ARAB NATIONS.
Nigeria is very very rich, the problem is stealing, embezzling and corruption.

Compare our population with most Arab nations, and you would see why our revenue from fuel does not sustain us, and why we should diversify from oil.

Also, corruption exists and is a problem. I am not denying that, but before we even talk about corruption, the amount we earn from crude cannot sustain a nation of 20million, talk less of 220 million
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by nairalanda1(m): 8:55am On Feb 29
tollyboy5:

The recent increase in dollar is caused by artificial market reality with speculators over speculating.
Nigerians has gone back to their farm and insecurity is seriously death with.
The artifical market realities need to be cut out so as the economy improves gradually it will reflect on the market rate and not fighting speculating forces.

Besides since nnpcl got crude oil we've not seen anything in the market

The thing is, even taking your explanation into account, at the end, we ain't earning enough dollars in the first place.

We have to earn more dollars, and improving productivity is the first step
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by tollyboy5(m): 8:59am On Feb 29
Mikuni:

They increased the interest rate this week. The effect will definitely be strong
I don't really understand this interest rate of a thing. Interest on what?
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by tollyboy5(m): 9:08am On Feb 29
nairalanda1:

The thing is, even taking your explanation into account, at the end, we ain't earning enough dollars in the first place.

We have to earn more dollars, and improving productivity is the first step
We're earning enough dollar bro. This is the right step to take. This will reduce the subsidy the government introduced back to cater for rising import rate of petrol.
More money to service our debt, if the Naira could appreciate to a balance rate where stable import of refined oil is sold at 600 per liter without subsidy then Dangote and supply our local market without loss.
We can confidently cut off refined import to increase our forex gain. It's a chain or reaction and the Lagos Boys are on the right track grin
Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by Elsueno: 9:12am On Feb 29
Atom007:

Saboteurs

Why?....it is his/her money

The government is currently missing something very very important which is 'trust'. people act on trust, restore it & not only would everybody stay, but foreign investors can come without d fear of thier money getting stucked

1 Like

Re: Naira Continues Appreciation Streak, Gains And Closes At ₦‎1,500/$ by Cjsarima: 9:13am On Feb 29
Please how can I withdraw my $ on Airtm? P2P isn't working. They are not pairing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yoweri Museveni: Life Cannot Stop Because We Banned Facebook / Nelson Mandela Day: Obama Gives Life Changing Speech On Annual Lecture / South Africa's Military Ends Hijab Ban For Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.