Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,301 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria (36540 Views)

Is This What A Primary School In Ondo State Looks Like? (photos) / Pupils Of A Primary School Climbing Fence / A Primary School Where Pupils Wear Chelsea Jersey As Their Sportswear (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by Beaf: 6:50am On Nov 12, 2011
What Is Wrong With Education In Nigeria? A Picture Speaks A Thousand Words

I found these pics on a website. They are of a Nigerian primary school.
Sometimes, you wonder if we really care to be human. At least, what sort of human builds and sends kids to a place like this? What sort of "education" comes out of such dumps? One would even think twice about keeping animals in such a place.
There is a deep wickedness in the average Nigerian that needs questioning.

Contrast with Easingwold Community Primary School, UK which is a 100 years old and still looking good.

Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:57am On Nov 12, 2011
I'd be surprised if this school wasnt in Osun.
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by Beaf: 7:10am On Nov 12, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I'd be surprised if this school wasnt in Osun.

It isn't in Osun. I deliberately left out a link, because of the way topics like this descend into ethnic slug fests, whereas they are deep issues that need robust disaproval from every part of the country.

I keep wondering how it is possible for us to build such places to send our little loved ones into. Something is fundamentally wrong with that.
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 12, 2011
Beaf, you're really a good person. I'm so impressed that you care enough to make a post. Truthfully, I'm so selfish these days that I've become numb to all these things in our society. Thank you for reminding me how to be human.
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by jmaine: 9:39am On Nov 12, 2011
Structures like this are widespread over Nigeria embarassed . . Gone are those days where we used to attend After school private coaching classes in these buildings . . . . But we did more of extra curricular toasting of babes in those times wink
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 10:03am On Nov 12, 2011
All my Kids must school abroad. O boy see school.
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 12, 2011
@beef Sir,
I wonder what is your purpose of posting this pix here when you very well know that 75% of the primary schools in Nigeria are almost like the one in the photo. In fact, the pupils attending classes in those schools in your pix are actually lucky cause they have a roof over their head no matter how scanty. majority of others conduct their class under mango trees with the black board nailed to the tree while other construct grass thatched huts for classes!

If you are so concerned about the condition of primary schools in Nigeria, i guess all you have to do is include those pictures in your next briefing to the president for his attention! But until you do that, pls keep your romans9:15 compassion to yourself!

Nigeria doesn't need a lamb for a president. its time your GEJ stand up and face the multiple problems facing this country.

He should prioritize some pressing problems of Nigeria:
[b]Security
[/b]Power
Education
Infrastructure
He should
Its time for GEJ to be a lion!
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by Beaf: 12:40pm On Nov 12, 2011
Stromae:

Beaf, you're really a good person. I'm so impressed that you care enough to make a post. Truthfully, I'm so selfish these days that I've become numb to all these things in our society. Thank you for reminding me how to be human.

Thanks bruv, we really need to take care of our neighbours basic welfare, otherwise we too would not progress. It is hard to understand Nigeria and our callous attitudes, even to kids.
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by Beaf: 12:42pm On Nov 12, 2011
greateros:

@beef Sir,
I wonder what is your purpose of posting this pix here when you very well know that 75% of the primary schools in Nigeria are almost like the one in the photo. In fact, the pupils attending classes in those schools in your pix are actually lucky cause they have a roof over their head no matter how scanty. majority of others conduct their class under mango trees with the black board nailed to the tree while other construct grass thatched huts for classes!

If you are so concerned about the condition of primary schools in Nigeria, i guess all you have to do is include those pictures in your next briefing to the president for his attention! But until you do that, pls keep your romans9:15 compassion to yourself!

Nigeria doesn't need a lamb for a president. its time your GEJ stand up and face the multiple problems facing this country.

He should prioritize some pressing problems of Nigeria:
[b]Security
[/b]Power
Education
Infrastructure
He should
Its time for GEJ to be a lion!

Stop being silly for once. It is not the FG's duty to build primary school's, not even secondary schools (except for Unity schools).

I really dislike seeing such heartless posts as yours, which seem to justify the existence of such dumps. I am not aware that 75% of schools in Nigeria look like that and cannot bring myself to comprehend why you think that students who attend such schools "are actually lucky cause they have a roof over their head no matter how scanty. majority of others conduct their class under mango trees with the black board nailed to the tree while other construct grass thatched huts for classes!"
Maybe you would consider your child lucky to attend such a dismal health risk and death trap; most people I know wouldn't.

Are you actually talking about animals or our leadership and societal assets for tomorrow. Dude, you really need to search your heart.
You need to find out why you find the need to deflect the responsibility of the state and local govt to the FG, rather than face up to the gross wickedness on display.

Would you put a pig in that place, talkless an infant?
I pity you.
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by sheyguy: 2:53pm On Nov 12, 2011
in your own opinion beaf, what is wrong with the school?
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by room702(m): 2:55pm On Nov 12, 2011
if you ask me whose fault it is, i say its the politicians fault. those bastards don't care, they simple send their kids abroad for education. God punish them and i hope their kids fail in their class
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by llbhuds: 2:58pm On Nov 12, 2011
sheyguy:

in your own opinion beaf, what is wrong with the school?

abi ooo its still on a dry land
se u never see d one built on water?
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by seedord247(m): 3:02pm On Nov 12, 2011
This school must be in East side of nigeria
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by eghost247(m): 3:04pm On Nov 12, 2011
i have seen worse
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by nolongTing: 3:16pm On Nov 12, 2011
Another illogical post by the “beer parlour gossip champion” Beef Burger; Aren't you suppose to be washing Dame's blood stained, soiled panties? No solutions, no shame, no logic, just a self-hating, degrading own goal to further tarnish the image of Nigeria. Have you ever heard of the saying: “We must become the change we believe in?” - obviously not, based on your blind pro GEJ posts on this forum.
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by sandysprax(m): 3:16pm On Nov 12, 2011
eghost247:

i have seen worse

they study under the trees in the north.
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 12, 2011
This pic is from *****. Specifically O***.

Nevertheless, quite shameful lipsrsealed
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by frankcimc(m): 3:22pm On Nov 12, 2011
I remeber we use to have some blocks like this called Jakonde block, then i didnt see anything wrong studying in there, but right now that i can compare with what is obtain elsewhere I weep for our education sector. I hope those who has been trusted with the responsibility to rebuild our education do what they ought to do immediately.
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by crackhouse(m): 3:23pm On Nov 12, 2011
U talk as if u are not in Nigeria. The school in question looks good when compared to other schools that i have seen in some parts of Nigeria, at least the zinc is still o.k. The bad turns good when u see the worst, so u aint seen the worst yet that's why u are complaining. I pledge to Nigeria my country to be faithful, loyal and honest to serve Nigeria with all my strength, So help me God!
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 3:25pm On Nov 12, 2011
Some are even worse than this
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 12, 2011
http://cwatch.thehumanitycentre.org/archives/171

disregard this hypocrite

he will be back later posting these pictures and shouting acn
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by kunlekunle: 3:39pm On Nov 12, 2011
that was Awo's first step to introducing UPE in the west.
But this is not what he meant.
that design was introduced as a pilot program for the project in the 50s and 60s.
these SW politicians should reason beyond Awo and SW tomorrow
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 12, 2011
Beaf:

Stop being silly for once. It is not the FG's duty to build primary school's, not even secondary schools (except for Unity schools).

I really dislike seeing such heartless posts as yours, which seem to justify the existence of such dumps. I am not aware that 75% of schools in Nigeria look like that and cannot bring myself to comprehend why you think that students who attend such schools "are actually lucky cause they have a roof over their head no matter how scanty. majority of others conduct their class under mango trees with the black board nailed to the tree while other construct grass thatched huts for classes!"
Maybe you would consider your child lucky to attend such a dismal health risk and death trap; most people I know wouldn't.

Are you actually talking about animals or our leadership and societal assets for tomorrow. Dude, you really need to search your heart.
You need to find out why you find the need to deflect the responsibility of the state and local govt to the FG, rather than face up to the gross wickedness on display.

Would you put a pig in that place, talkless an infant?
I pity you.
True talk right there. It because we rely on our weak government to do every thing for us that we are living in squalor. The Federal and State Government are responsible for the education of their residents but that doesn't stop the private sector from assuming some of that duty.
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by Extreme201: 4:05pm On Nov 12, 2011
grin That school is Saka Tinubu Primary school in Orile Agege in Agege LGA. In Lagos
Mr beaf am I correct grin
embarassed
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by redsquare(m): 4:10pm On Nov 12, 2011
seedord247:

This school must be in East side of nigeria

You a big F.O.O.L. We all know where such schools are located in Nigeria.
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by maclatunji: 4:20pm On Nov 12, 2011
Beaf is painting himself as the benevolent and kind poster who truly cares about the welfare of the average Nigerian. Of course, my people are already falling for the bait. Let me guess, if we allow deregulation and the removal of oil subsidy the GEJ administration with its transformation agenda will change this and other schools to Americana wonderlands and we can all live happily ever after.

A time will come when you will manipulate yourself into irrelevance, just keep it going you hear.
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by youngmonie: 4:24pm On Nov 12, 2011
If am not mistaken this school is in Lagos, but one of those PRIVATE schools, the building behind it is a public school, im 99% sure about that.
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by Ihengote: 4:25pm On Nov 12, 2011
[b]
seedord247:

[color=#550000]This school must be in East side of nigeria
[/b]
[/color]

I checked your profile and confirmed that you are still a Mama's Boy going by your post above,
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by cold(m): 4:27pm On Nov 12, 2011
I thought there were supposed to be 'good' Christians & Muslims in that country.What are they doing?
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 12, 2011
I only saw one building in the three pictures; from ddifferent angles.
So that one building is what comprises the whole entire primary school or is there a better building housing other classes?
Btw, ho can we be sure this is a picture of a primary school? There is nothing in the pictur to show that it is.
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by femi4: 4:35pm On Nov 12, 2011
Mod pls correct the english used on the front page. A instead of An
Re: Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria by sheyguy: 4:46pm On Nov 12, 2011
Honestly on a closer look the place does not seem to have any feature of a sch, i cant see chairs, desks, or board, it looks like a abattoir. . .  Beaf should pls give us name and location of the school. or should give us pix with better view.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ebonyi State College Of Medicine Under Construction (Photos) / Anambra Student Who Dressed Like Anas Aremeyaw, Masked Journalist, Chased Out / Deji Akinwande Awarded PECASE By Obama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.