Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,616 members, 7,820,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

Hardship: FCT Consumers Turn To ‘awara’ As Substitute For Meat - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Hardship: FCT Consumers Turn To ‘awara’ As Substitute For Meat (33428 Views)

Substitute For Meat And Fish / Fonio: Could This Be A Cheaper Substitute For Rice? (Pictures) / 2 Guys Kill A Snake, Hang It On Their Necks, Cut It Into Pieces For Meat (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hardship: FCT Consumers Turn To ‘awara’ As Substitute For Meat by NSK4U(m): 8:24pm On Feb 29
blackmantis:

It's made from grinded soybeans fried in oil

And it tastes like meat or has the texture of meat??
Re: Hardship: FCT Consumers Turn To ‘awara’ As Substitute For Meat by Angelfrost(m): 8:31pm On Feb 29
The Awara price go still fly off the roof with the new demand...!

There get where una go adjust belt reach, belt go tear! undecided

1 Like

Re: Hardship: FCT Consumers Turn To ‘awara’ As Substitute For Meat by StraightGaay: 8:33pm On Feb 29
abobote:
I haven't heard it before

Can they soup and stew with it?
It is made from soy beans
Re: Hardship: FCT Consumers Turn To ‘awara’ As Substitute For Meat by goslowgoslow(m): 8:33pm On Feb 29
uba1991:
The truth is that some fools will still vote for this calamity if he contest just because he is a Yoruba man
The way you people voted for the earthquake we avoided because he is Igbo.

3 Likes

Re: Hardship: FCT Consumers Turn To ‘awara’ As Substitute For Meat by Angelfrost(m): 8:34pm On Feb 29
aariwa:
Very soon they will start eating lizards

That's if hunger no kpai all the lizards fess...! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Hardship: FCT Consumers Turn To ‘awara’ As Substitute For Meat by AllahOfBlood: 8:36pm On Feb 29
Jessyjeff:
It's the economy, stupid!
Nigerians will never forget the party called APC.

This period is Nigeria's great depression. History will definitely judge folks behind the present economic mess in the country.

grin grin
Re: Hardship: FCT Consumers Turn To ‘awara’ As Substitute For Meat by goslowgoslow(m): 8:37pm On Feb 29
Kurugu92:
if tomorrow is 2027 I will still vote that brave man and that doesn't mean I'm a fool
They will vote Obi and claim that he is coming to repair Nigeria not because he is Igbo but they will tell you that you voted Tinubu because he is Yoruba. Very toxic tribe!
Meanwhile Obi will not do anything better he could have been the worst.

4 Likes

Re: Hardship: FCT Consumers Turn To ‘awara’ As Substitute For Meat by Damseldammie(f): 8:38pm On Feb 29
Wara soya beske....
Re: Hardship: FCT Consumers Turn To ‘awara’ As Substitute For Meat by andy244: 8:41pm On Feb 29
azpekuliar:
It is superior to meat!
Ndo.

1 Like

Re: Hardship: FCT Consumers Turn To ‘awara’ As Substitute For Meat by wiseoneking: 8:44pm On Feb 29
azpekuliar:
It is superior to meat!
Make sure you give your kids meat and stop this your poverty complex of superiority. Hunger makes people yo accept every lower options

1 Like

Re: Hardship: FCT Consumers Turn To ‘awara’ As Substitute For Meat by uba1991: 8:49pm On Feb 29
goslowgoslow:

The way you people voted for the earthquake we avoided because he is Igbo.
from your mind you know that Tinubu is the worst among the 3 candidate. Tinubu is not mentally fit to rule this country.

4 Likes

Re: Hardship: FCT Consumers Turn To ‘awara’ As Substitute For Meat by Kurugu92(m): 8:50pm On Feb 29
goslowgoslow:

They will vote Obi and claim that he is coming to repair Nigeria not because he is Igbo but they will tell you that you voted Tinubu because he is Yoruba. Very toxic tribe!
Meanwhile Obi will not do anything better he could have been the worst.
leave those guys tinubu is their match he will still teach them another lesson come 2027

3 Likes

Re: Hardship: FCT Consumers Turn To ‘awara’ As Substitute For Meat by uba1991: 8:51pm On Feb 29
Kurugu92:
if tomorrow is 2027 I will still vote that brave man and that doesn't mean I'm a fool
It means you you are worst than a fool.

1 Like

Re: Hardship: FCT Consumers Turn To ‘awara’ As Substitute For Meat by CharleyBright(m): 8:59pm On Feb 29
WantsandMore:
really? Who supplies the south/west/east with bulk meat then?

Do Petrol station attendants selling fuel buy fuel for cars?
Is it everyone that is a builder owns a house?

That Hausa supply meat to the South doesnt automatically mean Hausa people buy meat to cook.

Ask anyone that is living in the north, most of Hausa people don't buy meat to put in their food.

1 Like

Re: Hardship: FCT Consumers Turn To ‘awara’ As Substitute For Meat by Zeebuy: 9:00pm On Feb 29
Kurugu92:
It does, in fact, make you a fool. A fool is someone who doesn't learn from his mistakes. If you didn't learn from this mistake, you sir, are a fool

3 Likes

Re: Hardship: FCT Consumers Turn To ‘awara’ As Substitute For Meat by Bimpe29: 9:00pm On Feb 29
We call it Beske.
Re: Hardship: FCT Consumers Turn To ‘awara’ As Substitute For Meat by Zeebuy: 9:01pm On Feb 29
azpekuliar:

It is Tofu. Made with Soybeans.
People who eat tofu don't eat meat? The reason people are going with this awara is because they're unable to afford meat due to hardship in the land

2 Likes

Re: Hardship: FCT Consumers Turn To ‘awara’ As Substitute For Meat by WantsandMore: 9:04pm On Feb 29
CharleyBright:

Do Petrol station attendants selling fuel buy fuel for cars?
Is it everyone that is a builder owns a house?

That Hausa supply meat to the South doesnt automatically mean Hausa people buy meat to cook.

Ask anyone that is living in the north, most of Hausa people don't buy meat to put in their food.
Charley this is not a bright opinion.
Re: Hardship: FCT Consumers Turn To ‘awara’ As Substitute For Meat by mukthar2000(m): 9:05pm On Feb 29
An ‘awara’ seller in Bwari Area Council, FCT, Mrs Hannatu Musa, says more consumers have turned to buying ‘awara’ as a substitute for protein.

Stop exaggerating and stop using present hardship to complicate things.

Awara have being using on Amala as meat for long in Oyo state, ilorin, saki and some Yoruba state from many years since I was schooling at ibadan then.
Re: Hardship: FCT Consumers Turn To ‘awara’ As Substitute For Meat by Kurugu92(m): 9:08pm On Feb 29
uba1991:
It means you you are worst than a fool.
your generations na fool now , after rebellion against constituted authority seeking unrealistic nation through civil war later want to govern the same nation with blackmail and uncultured unelectable candidate wait till next election to start beating your chest as usual because big lesson is underway idiot

2 Likes

Re: Hardship: FCT Consumers Turn To ‘awara’ As Substitute For Meat by CorrectionFLuid: 9:14pm On Feb 29
Jessyjeff:
It's the economy, stupid!
Nigerians will never forget the party called APC.

This period is Nigeria's great depression. History will definitely judge folks behind the present economic mess in the country.

Asides economic depression, the nation wore a face of literal depression the very moment Tinubu was announced as the winner.

1 Like

Re: Hardship: FCT Consumers Turn To ‘awara’ As Substitute For Meat by bluefilm: 9:15pm On Feb 29
Part of the plan of the Globalists Elites who are really the brains behind the ongoing wrecking of so many economies around the world, is to condition people into eating bugs for meat
Re: Hardship: FCT Consumers Turn To ‘awara’ As Substitute For Meat by CountLaka(m): 9:16pm On Feb 29
Let the COWS breathe!

1 Like

Re: Hardship: FCT Consumers Turn To ‘awara’ As Substitute For Meat by Kurugu92(m): 9:20pm On Feb 29
Zeebuy:

It does, in fact, make you a fool. A fool is someone who doesn't learn from his mistakes. If you didn't learn from this mistake, you sir, are a fool
which of the mistakes is it voting for candidate of my choice or voting for the most intellectual amongst them if you called that a mistake you are right cause you don't even know your parents gave birth to you by mistake,my words for you and your brothers who think it's still on tell them it's over

2 Likes

Re: Hardship: FCT Consumers Turn To ‘awara’ As Substitute For Meat by bobbiiee: 9:23pm On Feb 29
Renewed Shege ProMax. That is on a lighter note. I love that beske thing.
Re: Hardship: FCT Consumers Turn To ‘awara’ As Substitute For Meat by goslowgoslow(m): 9:26pm On Feb 29
uba1991:
from your mind you know that Tinubu is the worst among the 3 candidate. Tinubu is not mentally fit to rule this country.
Your Obi is the most terrible among the three of them...it is all noise because you people or Obedients wants Igbo presidency. PERIOD!

3 Likes

Re: Hardship: FCT Consumers Turn To ‘awara’ As Substitute For Meat by goslowgoslow(m): 9:28pm On Feb 29
CorrectionFLuid:

Asides economic depression, the nation wore a face of literal depression the very moment Tinubu was announced as the winner.
It was you that wore a face of depression not me! Talk for yourself!

3 Likes

Re: Hardship: FCT Consumers Turn To ‘awara’ As Substitute For Meat by HopeGying: 9:29pm On Feb 29
Will they learn any lesson? Declare election tomorrow and the results will more or less be the same.

1 Like

Re: Hardship: FCT Consumers Turn To ‘awara’ As Substitute For Meat by goslowgoslow(m): 9:29pm On Feb 29
bobbiiee:
Renewed Shege ProMax. That is on a lighter note. I love that beske thing.
This kain mumu comment! As if you are not part of it! Poor thing! 🤣
Re: Hardship: FCT Consumers Turn To ‘awara’ As Substitute For Meat by CorrectionFLuid: 9:31pm On Feb 29
goslowgoslow:

It was you that wore a face of depression not me! Talk for yourself!

Nice one NPC. You must be so proud of yourself.
Re: Hardship: FCT Consumers Turn To ‘awara’ As Substitute For Meat by soccerlite: 9:36pm On Feb 29
azpekuliar:
It is superior to meat!

Akika

Superior indeed
Re: Hardship: FCT Consumers Turn To ‘awara’ As Substitute For Meat by goslowgoslow(m): 9:40pm On Feb 29
CorrectionFLuid:

Nice one NPC. You must be so proud of yourself.
Go to sleep 😴😴

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Snake Delicacies Refresh Our Skin– Nigeria’s Snake Eaters / Two Dead, One Blind After Eating ‘Forbidden’ Fish In Ebonyi / How I Cooked Delicious Beans Porridge With Swag (pics & Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.