Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension (20845 Views)

Over 91 Million Bank Accounts At Risk Of Deactivation As CBN's BVN/NIN Deadline / Google Voice Texting Limits To Avoid Account Suspension / Skye Bank Customers Don't Panic - 10 Things To Know About Skye Bank Takeover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by Dyfynezz12(m): 7:53am On Mar 01
ceejay80s:

No beg me....I must burn my self in front of bank.....Dem wan kill us...it's too much na...
Pls advise me, will have bottle of petrol do?
My money no reach 1 litre
Guy u 're funny
If u kill urself it means Tinubu has won cox his plan for the masses is to use hunger and kill us all.
Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by YoungBlackRico(m): 8:22am On Mar 01
Lumarstone:
Tinubu's goverment remains a great disaster to Nigerians; from lift to right, front to back, day and night, ups and downs, every side of human life you face now, you must jam disasterious policies of BOLA AHMED TINUBU.

Am of less hope that peoples money in the bank will not remain intact, why? am much afraid of all this group of APC looters in governance.

They're already planning to go and open a bank accounts in Qatar where money will be saved without efcc trace.

I left..!
una go dey skip classes, now see wetin you dey type
Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by smogicesamson: 9:52am On Mar 01
Image123:

What's stressful about linking your NIN and BVN to your account?

And how is it not stressful, going to the banking hall waiting for almost an hour isnt that stressful, has long as it cant be done online den it is stressful else you dont have anything doing
Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by Artscollection: 10:11am On Mar 01
Image123:
Suspend already. For how long will they continue to risk account suspension? It's indeed easier to control cows than some Nigerians.

They already implemented the bvn which can serve the same purpose why the duplicate which is already straining the whole process even countries they are copying from only make use of a particular set of numbers like d ssn, i don't even know who is the cow here.
Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by Chidozianu(m): 10:13am On Mar 01
TemmyT002:
Hope they know that many bank customers are just getting the messages two days ago?
Also, the major banks have been totally useless. They want customers to come to the bank for the linkage. They never thought about the population and the rushing and the transport fare for many customers to their branches.
Kudos to Opay and Palmpay who allowed customers to do the linking through their apps.
True. Few weeks back, I opened my Opay app, I saw the notification on linking NIN, I did it immediately. But these useless banks are never innovative for once.

1 Like

Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by Baatunde(m): 4:09pm On Mar 01
Do you have to go the bank? most banks have online avenue to do so. The only problem is the vNIN from the NIMC portal which caused minor delays for some. Honestly as long as you have relatives who are educated you need not go the bank to do the linking, just as easy as using the USSD codes from your phone to link the mobile phone number or from the telecoms operator's website also

Knowing that some people just want to moan about everything to prove stupid points, BVN is not the same as NIN and perhaps if NIN has been in place earlier on we might not have needed the BVN again. All I could say is that even thought the general message about the March 1 deadline has been in place since last year, the banks did not do a good job of sensitizing their customers in this regard. Worthy of note however that typical of any major change in Nigeria, give at least a year notice and some would still not take action until the last minute,

IF the government should introduce mandatory registration of all births to get access to government services some would still complain. We want things to be better, to have better database for governance and yet we don't just want to embrace sensible changes

smogicesamson:

And how is it not stressful, going to the banking hall waiting for almost an hour isnt that stressful, has long as it cant be done online den it is stressful else you dont have anything doing
Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by MrsAminaBello(f): 4:17pm On Mar 01
Image123:

What's stressful about linking your NIN and BVN to your account?
stop talking like you're not in Nigeria
Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by MrsAminaBello(f): 4:21pm On Mar 01
JoshTim:
Chai, see people wey no even bother to read. It is either bvn or NIN. If your account has bvn, no need for NIN linkage.
God bless you.
You're The only educated and learned person on this thread.
I have been saying this to my colleagues but they didn't read it well or couldn't comprehend the NIN or BVN.

1 Like

Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by MrsAminaBello(f): 4:22pm On Mar 01
tnerro1:
I don’t understand, we don link our BVN to our accounts, we go still link NIN to our accounts again?

After this dem go say link voters card to ur bank account ☹️
NIN or BVN ?
Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by Tonytonex(m): 4:25pm On Mar 01
Cmanforall:
After BVN?

Does this make BVN useless?
it's not both. They said NIN and/or BVN
Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by Sharmeenator(m): 4:52pm On Mar 01
JoshTim:

Lies....i work in the bank. Go and read the circular again.
Since you work in the bank, wetin bank talk?
Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by Image123(m): 7:27pm On Mar 01
Hespee93:

The stress therr is going to the banking hall, not eberybody have the time. Since I started using my bank mobile app, I have never for once visit any bank cos I don't have anything to do.

They can creat a platform for people to link their BVN and NIN to their bank account simple.

There are online platforms.
Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by tnerro1(m): 7:58pm On Mar 01
MrsAminaBello:
NIN or BVN ?

They said NIN also
Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by jonahhh: 9:27am On Apr 10
I’m seeing debit restriction on my gtb account does that mean I can walk in the bank and withdraw or no hope

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Arrest Had No Ethnic Undertone – Innocent Chukwuma / Elon Musk Warns Low Birth Rates May Lead To Population Collapse / How To Produce Dettol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.