Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,154 members, 7,811,315 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension (20799 Views)

Over 91 Million Bank Accounts At Risk Of Deactivation As CBN's BVN/NIN Deadline / Skye Bank Customers Don't Panic - 10 Things To Know About Skye Bank Takeover / Don't Panic, Your Money Is Intact- CBN Assures All Ex-skye Bank Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by olax02(m): 5:18pm On Feb 29
Kaycee9242:
What is their problem again? They will never allow one to rest in this country
Today NIN, tomorrow BVN, next tomorrow is prepaid meter.....na wa for this country. undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by jiz: 5:19pm On Feb 29
Bank is looking for means to loot hard earning income of Nigerians. They shouldn't try nonsense. Is it not same biometric for both NIN and BVN. Banks capture the BVN themselves. Why will you prioritze third party verification above your own

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by TemmyT002(m): 5:19pm On Feb 29
Hope they know that many bank customers are just getting the messages two days ago?
Also, the major banks have been totally useless. They want customers to come to the bank for the linkage. They never thought about the population and the rushing and the transport fare for many customers to their branches.
Kudos to Opay and Palmpay who allowed customers to do the linking through their apps.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by Yankee101: 5:19pm On Feb 29
Cardoso CBN is the most confused ever
You scatter naira
You scatter banking
You scatter customs clearing
You reinstate binance, you banned binance
You set official rate at 1400 and sell to bdc at 1300. Tomorrow youโ€™ll remember itโ€™s an error
Confused bank marketer made cbn governor with no deep banking experience

1 Like

Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by frog12: 5:19pm On Feb 29
They are very lazy and mad. Go to the LGA and see as they mistreat people
Kaycee9242:
What is their problem again? They will never allow one to rest in this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by adecz: 5:24pm On Feb 29
These APC people are always looking
for new ways to make life just a little
bit more difficult for citizens..๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

You can never see them bringing up good
ideas on how to better our lives๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜’

E nor go better for everyone who voted
APC from 2019

3 Likes

Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by ekitimanalways(m): 5:30pm On Feb 29
purplekayc:
Is it both NIN and BVN or just NIN requested?
BVN and/or NIN.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by happney65: 5:31pm On Feb 29
ekitimanalways:

BVN and/or NIN.

I don't understand. Do I have to link NIN too? My BVN already linked.

Please make me understand, I'm confused here
Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by ComeToJesus: 5:34pm On Feb 29
Please let me ask. My account has been linked to my BVN for some time now.

For customers who are not in Nigeria and who may not have NIN, what's their fate in the scheme of things?

A lot of unnecessary data generated in Nigeria.

Countries have just one integrated and unified data management system that link your bank info, driver's licence, credit card, Civil ID card, international passport etc together.

If you are owing utility bills or you have been ticketed for traffic infractions, just a tap on the computer at your exit point will expose all your red flags and you'll pay before leaving.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by amnesty7: 5:34pm On Feb 29
Very unserious ppl. When they extend, I will take my time to go.

3 Likes

Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by Realdeals(m): 5:35pm On Feb 29
If not for fraud, all this while, for over 10 years ago will an account be operated without BVN or NIN.
Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by TimiRume(f): 5:35pm On Feb 29
I think it's either of them. Either Bvn or Nin or both. Not conpulsorily both
Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by JoshTim: 5:35pm On Feb 29
Chai, see people wey no even bother to read. It is either bvn or NIN. If your account has bvn, no need for NIN linkage.

4 Likes

Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by Lumarstone: 5:37pm On Feb 29
CyracksMrBlogger:
come back and carry your brain, see am for gutter there ๐Ÿ‘‰

When a fool writes, we always know them. I hope am replying to a fool writes up here.

Bastard

1 Like

Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by tnerro1(m): 5:38pm On Feb 29
I donโ€™t understand, we don link our BVN to our accounts, we go still link NIN to our accounts again?

After this dem go say link voters card to ur bank account โ˜น๏ธ

1 Like

Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by ceejay80s(m): 5:39pm On Feb 29
Sleekfingers:
These people are playing with fire. Una say una go post no debit on account not link with NIN.....

With the way Nigerians are hungry and angry. With the small change inside account, they won't be able to withdraw it.

What happened in Sri Lanka will be child's play.
Leave them , they should continue, na banks go suffer am,
We burn down banks..... simple
Let them continue to push us
Imagine the hardship and the least u can do is block or suspend my account,
Maybe na me go be the first to burn my self in front of a bank in Lagos

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by israelmao(m): 5:40pm On Feb 29
FG shouldn't create another difficult situation that could make people to make hasty withdrawals from their bank accounts to forstall what happened during cash scarcity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by NinjaMetahuman: 5:42pm On Feb 29
One day, one asshole will just wake up and craft a new way to frustrate Nigerians for nothing.

What problem has nin and bvn solved?
Why is it difficult for the unfunny, unfortunate clowns running things to harmonize bvn and nin when you literally need bvn to register for nin.

These people are absolutely insane.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by matify83: 5:43pm On Feb 29
If only all the multiplicity of data with Nim-c, road safety, banks and telecom companies can be compressed in one central database so that we don't go through this hassles unend.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by lexy2014: 5:43pm On Feb 29
Image123:
Suspend already. For how long will they continue to risk account suspension? It's indeed easier to control cows than some Nigerians.

what is the benefit of NIN to nigerians?

what will NIN do for bank accounts that BVN is not already doing?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by Imka: 5:43pm On Feb 29
This is standardisation. It's a beast system policy of this accursed tinubu government. You will all be known.

2 Likes

Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by AuwalYusuf812(m): 5:45pm On Feb 29
Is that our problem ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿคท

1 Like

Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by Omalicious1: 5:46pm On Feb 29
Great100000:

Source: https://leadership.ng/nin-bank-linkage-85-51m-bank-customers-risk-account-suspension/

The banks don't have the capacity to contain the crowds...why don't they come up with a USSD code for this? This is 2024, come on!

4 Likes

Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by ivolt: 5:47pm On Feb 29
Common CBN.
This isn't enough.
You can do more than this.
Also request that we link our INEC id card number, passport number and Birth certificate numbers.

Bunch of idiots.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by Angy55(f): 5:47pm On Feb 29
TemmyT002:
Hope they know that many bank customers are just getting the messages two days ago?
Also, the major banks have been totally useless. They want customers to come to the bank for the linkage. They never thought about the population and the rushing and the transport fare for many customers to their branches.
Kudos to Opay and Palmpay who allowed customers to do the linking through their apps.

I have not received any notification from Zenith and first bank. It was only palmpay and Opay that kept notifying me since January and linked my NIN through their app.

I thought it was only Opay and Palmpay.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by HeatSeeker(m): 5:49pm On Feb 29
I created this topic hours ago! How come Nlfpmod?! undecided
Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by Riskymarvelous(m): 5:56pm On Feb 29
Nah Dem go loose customers now
Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by FxExpo(m): 5:59pm On Feb 29
Let me either transfer or withdraw that my kobo I don't want any statement for my kobo because of confuse leaders in a confuse country
Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by Nemesis0147(m): 6:00pm On Feb 29
Angy55:

I have not received any notification from Zenith and first bank. It was only palmpay and Opay that kept notifying me since January and linked my NIN through their app.

I thought it was only Opay and Palmpay.
I didnโ€™t receive from access bank too.

1 Like

Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by Magicdon(m): 6:01pm On Feb 29
Image123:

What's stressful about linking your NIN and BVN to your account?

oga na stress na, u reason am na, u dont how long u will stand on queue in the bank? At times they will say go home, no network, come tomorrow?

2 Likes

Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by TemporaryHansel: 6:02pm On Feb 29
How do I link nin to my bank accounts? Iโ€™ve checked my access and UBA bank apps no option for such. Does that mean I must visit the physical offices of the banks?
Re: NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension by finishmatter: 6:06pm On Feb 29
Nemesis0147:
Till tomorrow
Make access bank try nonsense with me
I went to access bank to link mine and was told my customer care rep that they don't have any facility to link NIN with my account.
omo I shock.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CBN Begins To Clear FOREX Backlog / Dubai Company Buys N48bn Stake In Dangote Cement / Naira Drops To 313.5 As Dollar Shortage Persists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.