Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Igbos Need To Finance Geometric Power To Purchase EEDC From Emeka Offor - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Need To Finance Geometric Power To Purchase EEDC From Emeka Offor (1758 Views)

Vice President Shettima Commissions Geometric Power Plant In Aba / Peter Obi In Abia State For The Commissioning of Aba Geometric Power (Pictures) / Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Need To Finance Geometric Power To Purchase EEDC From Emeka Offor by chichar1(f): 9:09pm On Feb 29
DevilsEqual:
A good suggestion but the feasibility is near zero
Why the hate on Emeka Offor tho?? Man wey people dey worship for Onitsha

Kill the spirit of hate in u
Taaaaa!!!!!! Worship who?
Re: Igbos Need To Finance Geometric Power To Purchase EEDC From Emeka Offor by igwebuike01: 9:46pm On Feb 29
horsepower102:

The distribution company (EEDC owned by Emeka offor) will not allow it to happen.

That’s why I said since they won’t allow it, why don’t they generate and distribute. My problem is that they are just sitting there doing nothing. They will only wake up once another company tries to do what Barth Nnaji did.

It’s almost like they are enemy of progress. That’s my problem.
Nope, not EEDC fault but Nigeria structure. Those who generate transmit to national grid and is shared by quota. Even if Emeka Offor builds a power plant, it will not be used within SE. Whatever he generates will be sent to osogbo for sharing

1 Like

Re: Igbos Need To Finance Geometric Power To Purchase EEDC From Emeka Offor by FlamieB(m): 9:50pm On Feb 29
Geometric blablabla, I'm just watching keenly to what's going on. I'm in Aba and the power supply here is even worse after the commissioning. I don't know where you guys are seeing the so called 24/7 power supply in Aba
Re: Igbos Need To Finance Geometric Power To Purchase EEDC From Emeka Offor by peleson1: 9:50pm On Feb 29
igwebuike01:

Nope, not EEDC fault but Nigeria structure. Those who generate transmit to national grid and is shared by quota. Even if Emeka Offor builds a power plant, it will not be used within SE. Whatever he generates will be sent to osogbo for sharing
True
Re: Igbos Need To Finance Geometric Power To Purchase EEDC From Emeka Offor by Collins4u1(m): 10:10pm On Feb 29
DevilsEqual:

nobody dey worship him for onitsha.
Re: Igbos Need To Finance Geometric Power To Purchase EEDC From Emeka Offor by kukoyi4adaugo: 10:22pm On Feb 29
I know EEDC is a distributor but current laws allow them to also generate.I know EEDC is a distributor but current laws allow them to also generate....

1 Like

Re: Igbos Need To Finance Geometric Power To Purchase EEDC From Emeka Offor by Despacito1: 12:36am On Mar 01
AlexBells:

Business is about calculation. I don’t even see Onitsha and Nnewi as manufacturering hub so let’s not go that far, Onitsha is a commercial hub same as Nnewi. When you factor in the cost of building a plant and close to a billon $ you will it is better to continue with the national grid. I may have hurt your ego by classifying Onitsha and Nnewi as commercial hub rather than industrial hub but for now that’s the situation. Aba will be producing while Onitsha and the rest will be distributing fir now it is not like there’s something you can do to change the reality for at least the next 10 years

Poor minded people don't think far or lack possiblity of vision. Why do you think settling for less is the way forward? Nnewi and Aba are not met first. Nnewi is a village. Aba is a manufacturing and economic hub city that needs 24/7 light out of national grid. With what Alex Otti is doing now forget your Onitsha and Nnewi in this context cos they will be way backward to catch up with Aba in all indecise. Emrka offor should stay off clear. We can't be paying for light and have non.
Re: Igbos Need To Finance Geometric Power To Purchase EEDC From Emeka Offor by christistruth01: 12:39am On Mar 01
horsepower102:
This is for igbos to think about. Since EEDC power distribution company was purchased by Emeka offor, the power situation in the south east has not improved.

The company frustrated and bankrupted geometric in court. If not Geometric would have started power supply to Aba years ago.

The owner of the company is not patriotic to Ndiigbo and not willing to make the needed investments needed to improve power supply to the south east.

This is why I propose that we should finance geometric to purchase EEDC.

If geometric purchases EEDC, they can build power plants and distribute locally to different municipalities in the south east.

Think about it.

The good thing about this is that you can see that internal Sabotage is more than external one
Emeka Offor is not Fulani but he held things up since 2007 after President Yaradua a Fulani gave the go ahead

Re: Igbos Need To Finance Geometric Power To Purchase EEDC From Emeka Offor by igwebuike01: 3:23am On Mar 01
christistruth01:

The good thing about this is that you can see that internal Sabotage is more than external one
Emeka Offor is not Fulani but he held things up since 2007 after President Yaradua a Fulani gave the go ahead
Stop talking rubbish on topics you are not familiar with. Nnaji shot himself on the foot by merging Aba ring fence with EEDC during his tenure as power minister with hope to buy EEDC. But Namàdi Sambo helped Emeka offor by extending the deadline after his bid fell below. His partners from Thailand later raised more money before the new deadline and Interstate won EEDC bidding instead of Geometric. So it was never Emeka Offor fault that Aba ring fence was merged with EEDC, Nnaji made the mistake by himself which later cost him huge money

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Need To Finance Geometric Power To Purchase EEDC From Emeka Offor by Difrent: 3:28am On Mar 01
DevilsEqual:

Between Emeka Offor and Vincent Ogbulafor I don't know who benefitted the most from PDP
Re: Igbos Need To Finance Geometric Power To Purchase EEDC From Emeka Offor by AlexBells(m): 6:05am On Mar 01
Despacito1:

Poor minded people don't think far or lack possiblity of vision. Why do you think settling for less is the way forward? Nnewi and Aba are not met first. Nnewi is a village. Aba is a manufacturing and economic hub city that needs 24/7 light out of national grid. With what Alex Otti is doing now forget your Onitsha and Nnewi in this context cos they will be way backward to catch up with Aba in all indecise. Emrka offor should stay off clear. We can't be paying for light and have non.
Big dreamer with Zero attention to reality. Which country’s population has tripled within 50 years and how do you in your wildest imagination assume that the way Nigeria is going that stable electricity is realistic for the time being. Let’s attend to priority cities first, as mire priority city gets independent electricity, more more ration will be available in the national grid. Solution is a continuum.
Re: Igbos Need To Finance Geometric Power To Purchase EEDC From Emeka Offor by dettolgel: 6:13am On Mar 01
DevilsEqual:

I don't think most Nigerians understand the meaning of the word hate.

That he has an opinion contrary to yours does not mean hatred.

Maybe his opinion is born out of insufficient information or that he is naive. In that case you could provide your opinion with the information he has missed out. He will learn from it and any other reader will learn the fact also.

I tire for some people
Re: Igbos Need To Finance Geometric Power To Purchase EEDC From Emeka Offor by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:16am On Mar 01
horsepower102:

What is stopping his from raising financing or partnering with other companies to do what Barth Nnaji did in Aba. There are millions of igbos both home and abroad that will help finance EEDC to start building power plants all over the south east.

Nothing is stopping Emeka offor. He needs to step aside and let someone else do it if he doesn’t want to do it.
He has a selfish interest embedded in his blood. I hate to make this statement but that is a general problem with Anambra Igbos. It's always business first before the masses. Barth Nnaji did what he did as an average Enugu wawa man.

We Igbos need to stop waiting for Nigeria and plan a way forward. Nigeria is ruined already and will never be ready to support us.
Re: Igbos Need To Finance Geometric Power To Purchase EEDC From Emeka Offor by aamir14t: 7:22am On Mar 01
How is it discos are owing that much apart from lackadaisical attitude and shear wickedness of some Nigerians to pay for electricity?How is it discos are owing that much apart from lackadaisical attitude and shear wickedness of some Nigerians to pay for electricity?...
Re: Igbos Need To Finance Geometric Power To Purchase EEDC From Emeka Offor by GerogeI(m): 8:27am On Mar 01
horsepower102:
This is for igbos to think about. Since EEDC power distribution company was purchased by Emeka offor, the power situation in the south east has not improved.

The company frustrated and bankrupted geometric in court. If not Geometric would have started power supply to Aba years ago.

The owner of the company is not patriotic to Ndiigbo and not willing to make the needed investments needed to improve power supply to the south east.

This is why I propose that we should finance geometric to purchase EEDC.

If geometric purchases EEDC, they can build power plants and distribute locally to different municipalities in the south east.

Think about it.

I hope your are not writing this out of hatred. Sounds more like take and give it to my kinsman, with the usual indigenes Non Indigene sentiments we know Enugu peeps for.

We all know power is unbundled, Why can't you start a generation company, like so many others and sell power to EEDC. After all the price is still regulated?

Is it really the owner Emeka Offor, that is your problem or the fact that Technical distribution was not separated from Commercial Distribution. Why give it to Geometric, how do you know they will operate efficiently, it's an untested outfit. And will also become a monopoly under the current structure of unbundling.

Besides, this model of unbundling is the handwork of both Prof. Barth Nnaji as Minister and Prof. Iloeje as Special adviser to Obasanjo. It has proven quite a failure all across the country.

The bottle neck lies in concessioning commercial retailing to a single company like EEDC, it should be open to multiple small players who compete, they buy power from Gencos into the Grid, and sell to end users. Just like the transmission, the hardware distribution should be given to a Technical concern, who should maintain the network and serve the Multiple Non Technical retailers.

The way out is simple. The power grid in the south East was built mostly through self-help community contributions, So does not belong to the Federal Government. State Government can challenge the Federal Government Concessioning in court by identifying the specific funding sources for the grid in 1980s and 1990s. If they win, the FG will have to refund EEDC. Each state can appoint its own Technical Management Company for its grid. And Open retail to Multiple smaller companies who will pay for using the grid to connect their clients.

So in Summary, I agree to removing current discos, but without causing EEDC abrupt losses. I disagree with appointing Geometric, the have no track record apart from building a power plant. Grid involves much more. And thirdly, their should be Multiple players, not monopolies like Geometric ring fencing Aba, or EEDC.
Re: Igbos Need To Finance Geometric Power To Purchase EEDC From Emeka Offor by oluwatobi43301: 12:01pm On Mar 01
I’m not talking about seeking fund, I’m talking about public funding for his private business, why not he take loans from bank why not yiu with the idea seek public funding, he has done his partI’m not talking about seeking fund, I’m talking about public funding for his private business, why not he take loans from bank why not yiu with the idea seek public funding, he has done his part...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dollar Under Jonathan Compare To Tinubu Government / The Inside Scoop About Olusola Saraki? / Who Do You Want Become Nigeria's Next President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.