Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,589 members, 7,816,453 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Nigeria Ranks 2nd In 10 African Countries With High Police Bribery Rates -Report - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigeria Ranks 2nd In 10 African Countries With High Police Bribery Rates -Report (377 Views)

Nigeria Ranks 146th On Global Peace Index, 8th Least Peaceful In Africa / Man Charged To Court For Recording Bribery In Ogun (Video) / Nigeria Ranks 3rd In Global Internet Crimes Behind UK, US โ€“ NCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Ranks 2nd In 10 African Countries With High Police Bribery Rates -Report by Thissystem: 7:56pm On Feb 29
Getting security is a universal need, but it proves challenging for people globally, including in Africa, largely due to the work attitude of security officials.

For instance, in Africa, citizens are frequently compelled to part with their hard-earned money when reporting a crime or seeking help in emergencies. This payment is often required to navigate bureaucracy or ensure a prompt response from the police.

The prevalence of systemic corruption on the continent has increased the challenges citizens face when engaging with the police. And although many African countries have laws in place to combat corruption, the enforcement of these laws often faces challenges.

A recent survey shows that negative perceptions of police professionalism and corruption go hand in hand with low public trust in the police, poor marks on government performance in reducing crime, and citizensโ€™ sense of insecurity.

Below are 10 African countries with the highest police bribery rates:

1 Liberia 78%
2 Nigeria 75%
3 Sierra Leone 72%
4 Uganda 71%
5 Congo-Brazzaville 68%
6 Cameroon 63%
7 Burkina Faso 62%
8 Guinea 53%
9 Kenya 52%
10 Gabon 51%

More
https://latestnewsng.com/2024/02/10-african-countries-with-high-police-bribery-rates/

Re: Nigeria Ranks 2nd In 10 African Countries With High Police Bribery Rates -Report by Thissystem: 7:56pm On Feb 29
This is serious. There needs to be a reform

Corruption has really eaten deep into the fabrics of our society.....from A-Z

1 Share

Re: Nigeria Ranks 2nd In 10 African Countries With High Police Bribery Rates -Report by immortalcrown(m): 8:06pm On Feb 29
Why isn't Nigeria ranked 1st? Something is wrong with the ranking. Must Nigeria be cheated in everything, even in this ranking? Or, did Nigeria use bribe to dodge the first position?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranks 2nd In 10 African Countries With High Police Bribery Rates -Report by Kingof2nations(m): 8:06pm On Feb 29
was just curious to know who's the first because I'm surprised Nigeria is not the first

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranks 2nd In 10 African Countries With High Police Bribery Rates -Report by SoNature(m): 8:08pm On Feb 29
If Nigรฉria can be better than a country, then I pity Liberians for what they go through in the hands of their police.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranks 2nd In 10 African Countries With High Police Bribery Rates -Report by Thissystem: 8:08pm On Feb 29
Kingof2nations:
was just curious to know who's the first because I'm surprised Nigeria is not the first

Lol, I didn't know Liberia na "Area Father" on that.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 2nd In 10 African Countries With High Police Bribery Rates -Report by aribisala0(m): 8:10pm On Feb 29
I only came to see which country pushed us to number two. How is that possible?

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Ranks 2nd In 10 African Countries With High Police Bribery Rates -Report by Nbote(m): 8:10pm On Feb 29
I'm sure Nigeria came first but they bribed their way into second
Re: Nigeria Ranks 2nd In 10 African Countries With High Police Bribery Rates -Report by LadyExcellency: 8:12pm On Feb 29
It should be 95%.
Nigerian Police is not your friend. Lie lie.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 2nd In 10 African Countries With High Police Bribery Rates -Report by Lumarstone: 8:16pm On Feb 29
We supposed to be ranked first!
Re: Nigeria Ranks 2nd In 10 African Countries With High Police Bribery Rates -Report by nnaetobi(m): 8:20pm On Feb 29
U Na dey mad.nigeria Na 100*%
Re: Nigeria Ranks 2nd In 10 African Countries With High Police Bribery Rates -Report by hisgrace090: 8:20pm On Feb 29
It's first not second.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 2nd In 10 African Countries With High Police Bribery Rates -Report by iamtardey: 8:35pm On Feb 29
immortalcrown:
Why isn't Nigeria ranked 1st? Something is wrong with the ranking.
say that louder ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: Nigeria Ranks 2nd In 10 African Countries With High Police Bribery Rates -Report by iamtardey: 8:37pm On Feb 29
LadyExcellency:
It should be 95%.
Nigerian Police is not your friend. Lie lie.
they can be jovial sometimes tho grin But me I no Dey follow olopa play o ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Dem don too show me shege
Re: Nigeria Ranks 2nd In 10 African Countries With High Police Bribery Rates -Report by abobote: 9:01pm On Feb 29
Nigeria can't rank second, it's not possible.
Nigeria has to be first in anything bribery and corruption
Re: Nigeria Ranks 2nd In 10 African Countries With High Police Bribery Rates -Report by Lifestone(m): 9:15pm On Feb 29
You guys love negative news about Nigeria. Las Las, we will all pay the price including our children.
These are the type of contents that foreigners will read and they profile us.
Re: Nigeria Ranks 2nd In 10 African Countries With High Police Bribery Rates -Report by Blackfire(m): 11:22pm On Feb 29
How dare they take the top 1 spot from us

We are going to prtesr
Re: Nigeria Ranks 2nd In 10 African Countries With High Police Bribery Rates -Report by Chicagograduate(m): 3:01am On Mar 01
Giant of Africa.

(1) (Reply)

18 Killed In Boko Haram Attack In Niger / South Africa Supreme Court Found Oscar Pistorius Guilty Of Murder Today / What Do You Think

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.