Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

T hisGlobe.com Edo,itsekiri,Uhrobo,isoko Are Yoruba Descendant - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / T hisGlobe.com Edo,itsekiri,Uhrobo,isoko Are Yoruba Descendant (1426 Views)

T hisGlobe.com edo and Delta State are Not Igboland / akwa ibom satellite pictures . there is no oil in akwa ibom T hisGlobe.com / BeninVs Urhobo/Isoko Politics: Most Edos Are Obident But Urhobo/isoko Are Batist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: T hisGlobe.com Edo,itsekiri,Uhrobo,isoko Are Yoruba Descendant by hedeybody: 8:16am On Mar 01
Johnjustice:

Nairaland should have an IQ test. A bit of history lesson will save you from embarrassing yourself from this online embarrassment. Go back even before Christ, even way before Moses and all, Edo people in their pure state have existed, then no Igbo or Yoruba as a tribe or culture.

Please close this thread, foreigners that knows the history will be laughing at this ridiculousness.
benin people are descendant of ondo people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: T hisGlobe.com Edo,itsekiri,Uhrobo,isoko Are Yoruba Descendant by EreluRoz: 8:42am On Mar 01
Ogiame:
You're mistaking me for your oil bunkering boyfriend.

I am not like him that would bow and like the scrotum of Ayiri because of food.

You can cruise with Ayiri, but don't try it with Ogiame.
Good to know you are pro Ogiame else you would have incurred my wrath. That throne must be protected

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: T hisGlobe.com Edo,itsekiri,Uhrobo,isoko Are Yoruba Descendant by Johnjustice: 8:53am On Mar 01
hedeybody:
benin people are descendant of ondo people.
Go to comedy section, you are a comedian. This section is for intellectuals.
Re: T hisGlobe.com Edo,itsekiri,Uhrobo,isoko Are Yoruba Descendant by UCyril: 9:02am On Mar 01
EreluRoz:
That's why I said most south south, I like culture and know much about it. The ijaws , itsekiris Urhobos, isokos make up the majority of south south and they are decendants from west. Others are visitors who settled except for the cross riverians and akwaibomites
they people you mentioned are not up to 2 million. Infact It's only itsekiri and delta ijaw that are related to west and maybe 20% of edo State.
Re: T hisGlobe.com Edo,itsekiri,Uhrobo,isoko Are Yoruba Descendant by DevilsEqual(m): 9:42am On Mar 01
Edo and Igbo mix together for where

Emeka, u do this one cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: T hisGlobe.com Edo,itsekiri,Uhrobo,isoko Are Yoruba Descendant by Ogiame: 9:43am On Mar 01
EreluRoz:
Good to know you are pro Ogiame else you would have incurred my wrath. That throne must be protected
Relay your wrath to your boyfriend.

4 Likes

Re: T hisGlobe.com Edo,itsekiri,Uhrobo,isoko Are Yoruba Descendant by NaMe4: 10:03am On Mar 01
oluztx:

Edit: watch as Yorubas will start twisting these facts, they will even start writing I've low IQ. This is what they do to distract and confuse so-called South South all because of oil. Go online, type Esan people, Afamai people, Ogbona people in Edo, look at them very well, come back here and tell us if these people resemble Igbo or Yoruba in appearance, tradition and language. Same Yoruba are now also claiming Isoko, Isoko of all people? What is the meaning of Isoko in Yoruba? They are even claiming Igodomigodo? What is the meaning of Igodomigodo in Yoruba? I'll make out time to expose Yoruba people soon. For now, go to YouTube and search "The Yoruba Questions." After watching all the 3 series, you will understand who Yoruba people are and their mission in Nigeria. There is a reason they always support Fulani. Not by accident, watch the videos to know why!

I am Edo and what you wrote are just imaginations and wishful thinking of the likes of Nnamdi Kanu and Ekpa, feeding some of their gullible followers.

Edos are a distinct people and the fact remains there has always been a close relationship with the 'Yorubas' (who are also made up of distinct groups/tribes).
The only argument amongst a few who have the time for such would be centered around which of the groups were the original progenitors. I personally see that as a total waste of time as it provides no exclusive benefit or makes anyone lesser than the other.

So because someone like Oshiomhole doesn't 'look like Igbo' (whatever that means), you assumed he was not Afemai, but Bini.
Re: T hisGlobe.com Edo,itsekiri,Uhrobo,isoko Are Yoruba Descendant by snowball11(m): 10:10am On Mar 01
Which descendants of yoruba? Is it the same yoruba of a people that don't know other tribes exist in Nigeria apart from themselves, hausa and igbo?

Nonsense! grin

2 Likes

Re: T hisGlobe.com Edo,itsekiri,Uhrobo,isoko Are Yoruba Descendant by SouthSouth1914: 10:47am On Mar 01
Putinofrussia:
Yoruba own most of the Southern people.
Igodomigodo came from Ife before another Ife man,Oranmiyan became the first Oba of Benin.
Oba Eweka,his son established the Benin Empire just like there existed the Oyo Empire.
All is about Yoruba.
Yoruba owns the South.

Dream on! Idumota is a Benin name! Benin kingdom found Lagos and rest of the west! Argue with your Redmi Hotnote!!

Re: T hisGlobe.com Edo,itsekiri,Uhrobo,isoko Are Yoruba Descendant by Lilosio: 10:47am On Mar 01
EreluRoz:
That's why I said most south south, I like culture and know much about it. The ijaws , itsekiris Urhobos, isokos make up the majority of south south and they are decendants from west. Others are visitors who settled except for the cross riverians and akwaibomites

Shut up, the urhobo/isoko where not descendants of the west, they just lived close to the Edos during the old. They were neighbors who shared common values not descendants clown..

Since there are hausa/Fulani in Kwara and osun today, does that mean that Yoruba is a descendants of the North?

Don't be stupid my friend
Re: T hisGlobe.com Edo,itsekiri,Uhrobo,isoko Are Yoruba Descendant by SouthSouth1914: 10:50am On Mar 01
Lilosio:

Shut up, the urhobo/isoko where not descendants of the west, they just lived close to the Edos during the old. They were neighbors who shared common values not descendants clown..

Since there are hausa/Fulani in Kwara and osun today, does that mean that Yoruba is a descendants of the North?

Don’t mind that myopic charlatan!
Re: T hisGlobe.com Edo,itsekiri,Uhrobo,isoko Are Yoruba Descendant by Lilosio: 10:54am On Mar 01
I schooled in Osun State funny that even the profs and old folks kept calling me omo igbo, when my name clearly stated am Isoko.

No matter how you correct them they never seem to understand that there are more than one tribe in South South...

The Yorubas are the most uninformed tribe in Nigeria in regards to ethnicity, the Yoruba education is all based on mouth to mouth, rumors and parlor topic...

It was super easy to trick them to believe stuffs you say as long as you close to them

2 Likes

Re: T hisGlobe.com Edo,itsekiri,Uhrobo,isoko Are Yoruba Descendant by OneCandleAway(f): 11:02am On Mar 01
Lilosio:
I schooled in Osun State funny that even the profs and old folks kept calling me omo igbo, when my name clearly stated am Isoko.

No matter how you correct them they never seem to understand that there are more than one tribe in South South...

The Yorubas are the most uninformed tribe in Nigeria in regards to ethnicity, the Yoruba education is all based on mouth to mouth, rumors and parlor topic...

It was super easy to trick them to believe stuffs you say as long as you close to them

Yoruba don't really travel round Nigeris that's why they have limited hire about other tribes. They prefer to live in their region.

1 Like

Re: T hisGlobe.com Edo,itsekiri,Uhrobo,isoko Are Yoruba Descendant by DevilsEqual(m): 11:18am On Mar 01
OneCandleAway:

Yoruba don't really travel round Nigeris that's why they have limited hire about other tribes. They prefer to live in their region.
No be u dey alway form "I'm Yoruba but"?

U spew too much shit about your own tribe

Neven seen a gut this ashamed of his own origin... U are the lowest among men
Re: T hisGlobe.com Edo,itsekiri,Uhrobo,isoko Are Yoruba Descendant by DevilsEqual(m): 11:22am On Mar 01
Lilosio:

Its always like that for the locals and the fact that u even have to single out a tribe just showed u have never been to any other region in Nigeria aside the SW

I have lived in Anambra for many years, even till now and all u spew here are the things i noticed with my neigbhours and street men

Easy to to trick them to believe some mundane things about your tribe which is irrelevant to them anyway

Imagine tricking me to believe things when there is google, bing and co
Rest abeg...U live in the midst of people and still spew so much shit about them....I wonder what kinda heart u have
Re: T hisGlobe.com Edo,itsekiri,Uhrobo,isoko Are Yoruba Descendant by AfonjaConehead: 11:27am On Mar 01
Well God bless ya all.
Oba gha tor kpere
Re: T hisGlobe.com Edo,itsekiri,Uhrobo,isoko Are Yoruba Descendant by DevilsEqual(m): 11:50am On Mar 01
Lilosio:

U sure say u go school sef??
Firstly, u commited a fallacy of hasty generalization by calling the Yorubas the least informed tribe in a nation with over 250groups, how did u even arrive at the fact that the Jukuns, Gbagyi and co are more informed than the average SW person

Secondly, which one be say Hausa dey osun?? and why Kwara for your analogy as Kwara isnt even in the SW region

Ayway, to think an Isoko person would insult Yoruba person sounds laughable, una wey be minority even for that one state wey una plenty pass cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Una wey dem suppose share as spoils from war among warlords in Major lands
Re: T hisGlobe.com Edo,itsekiri,Uhrobo,isoko Are Yoruba Descendant by OneCandleAway(f): 12:04pm On Mar 01
DevilsEqual:
No be u dey alway form "I'm Yoruba but"?

U spew too much shit about your own tribe

Neven seen a gut this ashamed of his own origin... U are the lowest among men

Admit yourself into an asylum

1 Like

Re: T hisGlobe.com Edo,itsekiri,Uhrobo,isoko Are Yoruba Descendant by Putinofrussia: 12:09pm On Mar 01
SouthSouth1914:

Dream on! Idumota is a Benin name! Benin kingdom found Lagos and rest of the west! Argue with your Redmi Hotnote!!
Oranmiyan from Ife was the first Oba of Benin so the Benin that you said went to Lagos is Yoruba.
Benin is still Yoruba.
What did you say again.
Re: T hisGlobe.com Edo,itsekiri,Uhrobo,isoko Are Yoruba Descendant by Don1987(m): 12:48pm On Mar 01
hedeybody:
ika are descendant of benin people
which Ika people, despite their proximity doesn't know to speak Benin. You should have asked yourself why they speak dialect similar to igbo
Re: T hisGlobe.com Edo,itsekiri,Uhrobo,isoko Are Yoruba Descendant by SouthSouth1914: 12:58pm On Mar 01
Putinofrussia:

Oranmiyan from Ife was the first Oba of Benin so the Benin that you said went to Lagos is Yoruba.
Benin is still Yoruba.
What did you say again.

Haha! This is crazier than I thought!
Re: T hisGlobe.com Edo,itsekiri,Uhrobo,isoko Are Yoruba Descendant by BrodaBenad: 1:04pm On Mar 01
hedeybody:
ika are descendant of benin people
Stfu

I'm ika guy original boji boji Owa guy

We are not Benins we intermarried quite alright

Any true Ika person knows we are Igbos

Thunder go faya all of una
Re: T hisGlobe.com Edo,itsekiri,Uhrobo,isoko Are Yoruba Descendant by BrodaBenad: 1:07pm On Mar 01
Don1987:
which Ika people, despite their proximity doesn't know to speak Benin. You should have asked yourself why they speak dialect similar to igbo

Don't mind all these Yoruba Boys here

We ikas are Igbos and I will finish anyone who challenges me with facts

Only 10 LGA people of Edo are speak Edo

Don't mind them we know ourselves

I'm glad Okowa made clear to everyone who we are
Re: T hisGlobe.com Edo,itsekiri,Uhrobo,isoko Are Yoruba Descendant by christistruth01: 1:18pm On Mar 01
oluztx:
There are two types of Edo people, so don't think they are one people. Remember, only your blood look like you. That's why siblings look alike.

1) We have Igodomigodo people who are Igbo blood. These are the Esan, Afamai, Ogbona, Ika and a few others. That's where you will find all the light skin Edo people that resemble Igbo people. That's where Victor Osimhem, Blessing Okagbare, Ighalo, Osazie Odenwingie, Ikpeba, e.t.c. Notice that their names sound Igbo. These are the original owners of that Edoland and Benin Kingdom. All the ancient Benin Kingdom obas were from Igodomigodo or Idu.

2) Then you have the Yoruba blood Edo people from Ile Ife or Dahomey blood, also know as Ilebueno. These ones resemble Yoruba people and their names sound like yoruba too. These are mostly Benin people, the Oshiomole, Dele Momodu, Shaibu, e.t.c. Even the current Oba and recent Oba last 100yrs are Yoruba blood. These people are not original Edo people, they invaded the Benin Kingdom, killed a lot of Igodomigodo people, raped their women, conquered them and assumed their identity. Same way Fulani assumed Hausa identity. Same way so-called Yoruba today from Dahomey and Ile Ife assumed the identity of Egba, Ijebu Igbo, Igbo Ora, Aworis, Ekiti, e.t.c.

So when you are claiming Edo people as Yorubas, all I'm saying is carry those that look like you. Remember, only your blood look like you!

Ogbona people in Edo
https://ogbonaelites.org/

The founder of Igodomigodo that is now Benin was a Yoruba Man from Ile Ife called Obagodo.

Obagodo is Yoruba for Oba Igodo

Re: T hisGlobe.com Edo,itsekiri,Uhrobo,isoko Are Yoruba Descendant by hedeybody: 4:44pm On Mar 01
EreluRoz:
Include the ijaws. Most south south are descendants of the west

In warri a crowned prince most have birthed by an Edo woman or a western Nigeria woman. The current Ogiame's mother is a princess and daughter of the late Ooni of Ife Oba Sijuade Okunade Olubuse of blessed memories
edo is western nigeria
Re: T hisGlobe.com Edo,itsekiri,Uhrobo,isoko Are Yoruba Descendant by hedeybody: 3:42am On Mar 02
Ff
Re: T hisGlobe.com Edo,itsekiri,Uhrobo,isoko Are Yoruba Descendant by hedeybody: 5:04am On Mar 02
UCyril:
they people you mentioned are not up to 2 million. Infact It's only itsekiri and delta ijaw that are related to west and maybe 20% of edo State.
you young..
Re: T hisGlobe.com Edo,itsekiri,Uhrobo,isoko Are Yoruba Descendant by Iceberg3: 11:11am On Mar 17
oluztx:
There are two types of Edo people, so don't think they are one people. Remember, only your blood look like you. That's why siblings look alike.

1) We have Igodomigodo people who are Igbo blood. These are the Esan, Afamai, Ogbona, Ika and a few others. That's where you will find all the light skin Edo people that resemble Igbo people. That's where Victor Osimhem, Blessing Okagbare, Ighalo, Osazie Odenwingie, Ikpeba, e.t.c. Notice that their names sound Igbo. These are the original owners of that Edoland and Benin Kingdom. All the ancient Benin Kingdom obas were from Igodomigodo or Idu.

2) Then you have the Yoruba blood Edo people from Ile Ife or Dahomey blood, also know as Ilebueno. These ones resemble Yoruba people and their names sound like yoruba too. These are mostly Benin people, the Oshiomole, Dele Momodu, Shaibu, e.t.c. Even the current Oba and recent Oba last 100yrs are Yoruba blood. These people are not original Edo people, they invaded the Benin Kingdom, killed a lot of Igodomigodo people, raped their women, conquered them and assumed their identity. Same way Fulani assumed Hausa identity. Same way so-called Yoruba today from Dahomey and Ile Ife assumed the identity of Egba, Ijebu Igbo, Igbo Ora, Aworis, Ekiti, e.t.c.

So when you are claiming Edo people as Yorubas, all I'm saying is carry those that look like you. Remember, only your blood look like you!

Ogbona people in Edo
https://ogbonaelites.org/

Re: T hisGlobe.com Edo,itsekiri,Uhrobo,isoko Are Yoruba Descendant by seecould: 11:32am On Mar 17
SouthSouth1914:

idumota correct written idu meta. Is a yoruba word. The ondo found lagos. An ondo màn found benin. Benin mean arger
Re: T hisGlobe.com Edo,itsekiri,Uhrobo,isoko Are Yoruba Descendant by SouthSouth1914: 11:41am On Mar 17
seecould:
idumota correct written idu meta. Is a yoruba word. The ondo found lagos. An ondo màn found benin. Benin mean arger

Haha! There was a show on DStv aired from one of the palaces in Lagos, they laid everything bare there. Don’t have to argue with you. Living in self denial is the worst state of mind anyone can ever be in!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obi Vs Soludo Road Infrastructure / Government Legislation Concerning Personal Activities: For or Against? / EFCC is A Threat To Democracy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.