Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,765 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Open Letter To Mr President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Mr President (926 Views)

Mammoth Crowd Waiting For Mr President In Kano / If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption / What Would You Do If You Were Mr President? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Mr President by delvinmaya(m): 10:41am On Nov 12, 2011
As the records put it, he is the first President to link up with the Nigerian electorates through Facebook. I have been thinking about this for sometime now and i feel that the time is ripe for we the electorates to pass across our message, our fears, our hopes and our dreams to the President Goodluck Jonathan. I propose to paste the link to this thread on his Facebook Wall and let him realise the extent of all our aspirations and fears. To send a clear cut message to him of what we, the people he is serving want. Thank you all as you add your voices to this, but please i would like to beg everyone posting to refrain from foul languages, insults but rather precise points and arguments for and against some of the Presidents policies.

I will start with the subsidy. Mr President, while your proposal to remove the subsidy is commendable, because it will saves us some much needed money, the timing is bad, because there are no options on ground right now to cushion the effects that the subsidy removal will have on the nation. Already there are speculations of a massive showdown if the proposal is carried out. To forestall mishap, i would like to propose that your removal of the subsidy be gradual as you put in place the much needed options that would cushion its effect on the masses.(refineries etc)

I recently read about your trip to Australia for the recent CHOGM held there. There have been accolades poured your way and i pray that you have both grace and strength to continue.We know you have the interest of we nigerians at heart and this is why i will ask you to monitor closely the proposed privatisation of the assets of PHCN. Recently there have been accusations that there are on going efforts by unpatriotic nigerians to frustrate your efforts,please do not allow them to succed.
These for now are my contributions Mr. President. God bless Nigeria
Re: Open Letter To Mr President by PointB: 11:40am On Nov 12, 2011
When will the timing for removal of fuel subsidy be ever right? While the oil thieves keep collecting free money in the name of subsidy?

Mr. President, we say emphantic YES to subsidy removal and we thank you for your effort at improving electricity generation and transmission. May God continue to strengthen you and give you the wisdom to continue solving myriads of problems that bedevils the country.
Re: Open Letter To Mr President by cjfavour(m): 3:17pm On Nov 12, 2011
Pointb,the removal will bring inflation.price of goods and commodities will rise and will nt go down as they want us to believe. Why don't you tell the president to expose those that are sabotaging the subsidy programme?proecute and jail them? Ask him what they've been doing with the little money they have now. Look at our roads,death trap. Its only in corruption that our rating is increasing.we're 191 out of 192 countries with bad road.can u beat that? These men simply want more money to loot. Open ur eyes and forget about the 5000 naira they're paying you while they siphoning billions OUT OF THE COUNTRY.They dnt keep d money in 9ja thereby devaluing our currency. a dollar is equal to N154. How much was it b4 this PDP men took over power in 1999?
Re: Open Letter To Mr President by delvinmaya(m): 4:07pm On Nov 12, 2011
cjfavour:

Pointb,the removal will bring inflation.price of goods and commodities will rise and will nt go down as they want us to believe. Why don't you tell the president to expose those that are sabotaging the subsidy programme?proecute and jail them? Ask him what they've been doing with the little money they have now. Look at our roads,death trap. Its only in corruption that our rating is increasing.we're 191 out of 192 countries with bad road.can u beat that? These men simply want more money to loot. [/b]Open your eyes and forget about the 5000 naira they're paying you [b][/b]while they siphoning billions OUT OF THE COUNTRY.They dnt keep d money in 9ja thereby devaluing our currency. a dollar is equal to N154. How much was it b4 this PDP men took over power in 1999?

Can you please let me know who is being paid 5000 naira.
Re: Open Letter To Mr President by PointB: 7:27pm On Nov 13, 2011
cjfavour:

Pointb,the removal will bring inflation.price of goods and commodities will rise and will nt go down as they want us to believe. Why don't you tell the president to expose those that are sabotaging the subsidy programme?proecute and jail them? Ask him what they've been doing with the little money they have now. Look at our roads,death trap. Its only in corruption that our rating is increasing.we're 191 out of 192 countries with bad road.can u beat that? These men simply want more money to loot. Open your eyes and forget about the 5000 naira they're paying you while they siphoning billions OUT OF THE COUNTRY.They dnt keep d money in 9ja thereby devaluing our currency. a dollar is equal to N154. How much was it b4 this PDP men took over power in 1999?

Keep blabbing and yapping about what you don't know jack about.
Re: Open Letter To Mr President by Biggoozz: 8:44pm On Nov 13, 2011
Mr President, I sure know that uneasy lies the head that wears the crown, but I want to express my utter shock and dissatisfaction about how your government allows self destruct practices against the policies you clamor over all the time about your determination to build the economy through immense support for the private sector and growing businesses. Yet just last week, the TUC and NLC were patronising a China bus making company when our very own Innoson is totally abandoned without any government support not to think of patronage. Sir, this is a big mockery on our determination to build this nation!

Please do something about this situation one of which I suggest to ba a life jail for all the proponents of that China bus deal.
Re: Open Letter To Mr President by sheyguy: 9:20pm On Nov 13, 2011
They keep giving us crap proposal instead of curtailing corruption at the top they try to spread the effect of corruption to the followers. Subsidy ain't nothing but a fraud, if they can't check the thieves they are aware of at the top the we might well go for something spontaneous like a revo. its so fustrating God!!!
Re: Open Letter To Mr President by Demdem(m): 10:46pm On Nov 13, 2011
With due respect Mr president. I honestly feel u are dumb.
To those who may wonder why this, please kindly check my sig below.
Re: Open Letter To Mr President by dayokanu(m): 10:53pm On Nov 13, 2011
Retardeen Jonathan ,

You have proven to be the worst human to rule the country. You are dumb, clueless and hopelessly retardeed.

Can you do us a favour and just resign?
Re: Open Letter To Mr President by jason123: 10:54pm On Nov 13, 2011
PointB:

When will the timing for removal of fuel subsidy be ever right? While the oil thieves keep collecting free money in the name of subsidy?

Mr. President, we say emphantic YES to subsidy removal and we thank you for your effort at improving electricity generation and transmission. May God continue to strengthen you and give you the wisdom to continue solving myriads of problems that bedevils the country.

Very ignorant! Please, remain in USA! You know nothing about YOUR country!
Re: Open Letter To Mr President by PointB: 11:33am On Nov 14, 2011
^^^If not ignorance and inferiority complex what would make you conclude that I live in the US?
Re: Open Letter To Mr President by cjfavour(m): 12:02pm On Nov 14, 2011
point b,tell me what you know. Tell me how the common man will benefit when they remove the subsidy that's if there is anything like subsidy at all?
Re: Open Letter To Mr President by ranlaen: 12:08pm On Nov 14, 2011
I will start with the subsidy. Mr President, while your proposal to remove the subsidy is commendable, because it will GIVE YOU[/b]some much needed money[b]TO STEAL , the timing is bad, because there are no options on ground right now to cushion the effects that the subsidy removal will have on the nation. Already there are speculations of a massive showdown if the proposal is carried out. To forestall mishap, i would like to propose that your removal of the subsidy be gradual as you put in place the much needed options that would cushion its effect on the masses.(refineries etc)

These for now are my contributions Mr. President. God bless Nigeria

OK i have corrected the letter now it can be sent.
Re: Open Letter To Mr President by PointB: 12:09pm On Nov 14, 2011
This has been discussed severally, and i don't have the time to start this all over again. Next.

(1) (Reply)

Pdp Sponsor Of Boko Haram ? Beaf You Are A Slowpico For Real! / Ex-militants Seize Abuja-lokoja Road, Seek Part In Amnesty Deal / Nlc, Tuc Part Ways

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.