Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,948 members, 7,952,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:13 AM

If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption (5382 Views)

Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption / No Programme Of Event Has Been Scheduled For Osinbajo As Acting President- Today / Buhari Meets With Obanikoro, Issoufou, Niger President Today In Abuja [photos[ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption by oliky(m): 11:50pm On Oct 31, 2007
Just got thinking about this today,and i really wondered how a good leader would really deal with this issue of corruption.Guess corruption has eaten very deep into our nation and would probably need someone with a vision to really wipe it out to the minimum.So how will you handle corruption if you were Mr President.
Re: If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption by Kobojunkie: 12:27am On Nov 01, 2007
OH BOY OH BOY!!!!, I would other that every person that has had some sort of accusation leveled against them in the past step down while serious investigation be carried out. Heck, I would higher investigators from other countries to get to the bottom of the issue. I will force them to pay up EVERY SINGLE KOBO they stole, if any, before they can resume work.

I will even have every leader, my LGA to Presidents dog to sign paper agreeing to reveal source of every Kobo they have and have made. The information is updated on a monthly basis and made available on the government site for people who would like to research the numbers. Any discrepancies, you step aside while we research you to make sure you no steal money. Every Kobo will and must be accounted for. EVen the President will not be immune.
Re: If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption by iykrion(m): 1:33am On Nov 01, 2007
oliky:

Just got thinking about this today,and i really wondered how a good leader would really deal with this issue of corruption.Guess corruption has eaten very deep into our nation and would probably need someone with a vision to really wipe it out to the minimum.So how will you handle corruption if you were Mr President.

I will borrow a leaf from China cool
Re: If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption by almondjoy(f): 3:24am On Nov 01, 2007
iykrion:

I will borrow a leaf from China cool

Amen to that!  Or any group of people who think with their heads and not their posterior orifices!
Re: If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption by Kobojunkie: 3:47am On Nov 01, 2007
gibin
Re: If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption by Wouter: 3:16pm On Dec 13, 2007
How I would handle corruption being the President of Nigeria?
Good question, easy answer. I would do exactly what I promised in the Oath of Office that I made at my appointment.

Which means:
1. be faithful, discharge my duties to the best of my ability, in accordance with the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the law;
2. not allow my personal interest to influence my official conduct or my official decisions;
3. do right to all manner of people, according to law, without fear or favour, affection or ill-will;
4. devote myself to the service and well-being of the people of Nigeria.

By doing so, I would (try to) be an example. Furthermore, I would take similar oaths from my ministers and have them take oaths from their civil servants. And open a Presidential Office for Good Governance, that is active in promoting good behaviour in a non-corrupt way.

The four points stated above come from the Oath of Office that already exists in Nigeria (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President_of_Nigeria): "I do solemnly swear/affirm that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, I will discharge my duties to the best of my ability, faithfully and in accordance with the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the law, and always in the interest of the sovereignty, integrity, solidarity, well-being and prosperity of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that I will strive to preserve the Fundamental Objectives and Directive Principles of State Policy contained in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that I will not allow my personal interest to influence my official conduct or my official decisions; that I will to the best of my ability preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that I will abide by the Code of Conduct contained in the Fifth Schedule to the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria; that in all circumstances, I will do right to all manner of people, according to law, without fear or favour, affection or ill-will; that I will not directly or indirectly communicate or reveal to any person any matter which shall be brought under my consideration or shall become known to me as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, except as may be required for the due discharge of my duties as President; and that I will devote myself to the service and well-being of the people of Nigeria. So help me God."

So practice what you preach, give the good example and be a true leader in this way. Or as Mahatma Gandhi puts it: “Be the change you want to see in the world.”

Is this solution too easy, or what?
Re: If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption by Bhola(f): 3:22pm On Dec 13, 2007
I will first pick up every and all past Local government chairmen, state governors, senators, house of reps, presidents, vps, all off them and lock them up, after I have frozen all their accounts. I will try and recover all the stolen monies from them, then tie each one, starting from the one that stole the most, to a pole and have junior officers of the army or police shoot at them, not kill them at the first shot. Maybe, kill them after like five shots.

Then, I will show the video to each person that will be serving under me and let them see what will happen to them, if I ever find out that they stole one naira. That is what I will do.

p.s: sometimes, some people have to be treated like goats.
Re: If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption by Purist(m): 3:53pm On Dec 13, 2007
Bhola:

I will first pick up every and all past Local government chairmen, state governors, senators, house of reps, presidents, vps, all off them and lock them up, after I have frozen all their accounts. I will try and recover all the stolen monies from them, then tie each one, starting from the one that stole the most, to a pole and have junior officers of the army or police shoot at them, not kill them at the first shot. Maybe, kill them after like five shots.

Then, I will show the video to each person that will be serving under me and let them see what will happen to them, if I ever find out that they stole one naira. That is what I will do.

p.s: sometimes, some people have to be treated like goats.

LMAO!  Personally, I would rather those thieves be tied to a pole NAKED, and BRUTALLY FLOGGED TO DEATH with horse whips.  This should be done in the poorest or the most neglected part of the community, and BY THE PEOPLE of that community where the thief had "served", so that they can vent all their frustration on him/her by whipping the LIVING SH*T out of him/her.  Then when he/she is almost dead, they should be BURNT TO ASHES.  Then as you suggested, the video of this should be shown to every intending public office holder to serve as a deterrent. cool
Re: If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption by Backslider(m): 4:47pm On Dec 13, 2007
The key word is intelligence gathering and securing the Intelligence.

People of Nigeria The problem I had with OBJ was that he underrated the degree of corruption in Nigeria.

To tackle corruption is from 3 angles

Civilian security cadre pooled from the Jobless Young men and women
Professional Like the police etc
Media campaign

If you look very well OBJ only worn the war with the professionals and even then there was the perception that the EFCC was used by OBJ.

What OBJ should have done or what Yaradua should do now is that he should recruit Young boys and girls of ages 13 - 21 Train into a highly trained intelligence gathering organ.

When ICPC launched 10 million volunteers I was happy. But the selection is where the problem is. You must take the UNCORRUPTED ONES AND THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN GET THIS PEOPLE IS THE YOUTH. IF YOU HAVE TO GO AS LOW AS 9 years so be it.

You need a standing Civil core so that this young men and women will move the campaign to the next generation. This kids will be given access to very vital strategic installations.

They will sniff information and send it to various command post for profiling.

The men and women will be feed paid a stipple and educated for free. They will be given the chance to enter into any degree program in any Nigerian University after 5years of service.

OBJ did Very well to up 2 professional bodies to tackle corruption one is a lame duck the other is a BULL DOG.

We should have televised trials so that the people will know what law shall jail a criminal. You can arrest anyone but if the courts free him there is nothing any one can do. To make the Judiciary sit up Lets us hear public hearings.

OBJ underestimated the power of the greatest arsenal in modern day warfare. You can be defeated in the media. I used to think that a leader should not care about the leader. Yes but but when the Media has lived on corruption for close to 2 decades. The media has fought the Tyrants and some lost their life but they never got help.

A Journalist pen is much greater than any big gun of a regiment. You must recruit men that will carry the news and say it as it is on the ground to the people in their language even if it is their brothers are affected. This type of Honor you can only get from teenagers.
Re: If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption by ahuramazda(m): 10:50pm On Dec 13, 2007
To bring Nigeria back to a civilized, developed and standard country shun this corruption image.

Hear me out.

Nigeria is in darkness when I went through the comment above. The solution is there in each one statement but not mention.

God created everything on earth based on the first element of which if it does not exists others will not be. That is why I said all of you mention it but did not state it.

LET THERE BE LIGHT!!! (ELECTRICITY)

According to Institute of Electronics and Electrical Engineering Spectrum Magazine report China has less than 3 minutes of power outage in a year bucause the grids were electronically monitored.

Media House can survive based on electricity. Police Station are not computerized to keep record of criminal in North who surface in South. Communication depend on electricity.

LET THERE BE LIGHT!!! (24/7)

Yes, everything that happen in Aso Rock, National Assembly, Budget Office, Pay Office will be check out from the internet.

LET THERE BE LIGHT!!!

Organization or bodies like EFCC and ICPC should find out first the corrupt practice in PHCN, not the Governors, the Senator or the lot. But PHCN.

There is no light, we are in darkness. I have trace all the corrupt practices in the country from those who are able to steal or raid a street (houses cannot boast of electronic security system) down to the NPF (where each station is a den of robbers, sorry police officers) because data were not kept on a server that will be in Abuja or Lagos to be monitor by their superior for future reverence e.g. how many guns and bullets went out tonight. uhhh!!! No record because there is no light.

Resolve the issue of electricity, then other suggestion above is possible one by one. Present your reason and it will come back to electricity. To research, develop or invent anything in today world for the glory of this country, we need electricity.

Those who are in Aso Rock, National Assembly, House of Representative and other parastatals knew this but will never address it because no one want their corrupt dealing in darkness know. So they do not want the issue of electricity been resolved.

Nigeria problem and dent image can be restore if there is ELECTRICITY!!!

LET THERE BE LIGHT 24/7/365/6 and every other problems will have been solved.

LET THERE BE LIGHT!!!
Re: If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption by naijaway(m): 11:44pm On Dec 13, 2007
I would lead by example first. Secondly, I would ensure basic necessities exist like lights, roads been built and some under construction; Thirdly, I would make every citizen and visitor be in a national database; Fourthly, I would improve all forms of internal security from the road safety, police, CIDs, to the SSS etc with equipments and funds; Fiftly, I would install standard in the educational departments and ensure that majority of citizens get a reputable education from the primary level to the masters level and this standard also includes vocational trainings; Sixtly, I will demote the powers of chiefs, obas, sheiks etc to a one day national holiday that would be called a traditional day, it would mean that none of these people can have any influence in politics, in their states or any other state, and their heridity stuff would be scrapped; Lastly, I would push for a law that allows outsiders and nationals that have lived in a certain city or state for over 7years eligible to vote and run for election after proof of stay, and it will also be against the law to classify someone's name to a certain tribe on paper regardless of state.
  The one about eligibilty to vote and run for elections will be 4years for west and South Africa. And if u are a Nigerian living outside for more than eight years u will have to live in Nigeria for 1 and halfyrs staight to be able to participate as an aspiriant for any political party or any other sensitive job on the country excerpt as an advisor after 6months stay. Less I forget, all departments will be subject to rigorous investigations from surveillance videos to phone tapping if deemed corrupt or a terrorist, and if proven otherwise, the government will pay you. In order words, I will Obama(change) Nigeria for real. All wishes but one day someone sane might peep some game or have the balls to implement some actions.
Re: If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption by BigB11(m): 11:45pm On Dec 13, 2007
This is simple!
First, I will not get myself involved in any selective or vindictive activities under every circumstance. I will be focused, determined, dedicated and very firmed. I will touch the lives of the very poor Nigerians, I will reshape and solidify the image and pride of Nigeria. My concentration on empowering the children, the future will be incompressible.

Solution to corruption in Nigeria:

I will put together a group of 50 independent delegates from everywhere in Nigeria, with substantial clearances. Their job is to identify each and every government official that stole from 1980 through 2007.
For a successful outcome, names of these individuals will be made confidential. How much each stole will also be determined.

Each individual will be privately contacted; based on how much individual stole, money to be returned back to Nigeria Federal Government will be determined. All identified corrupt individuals have an option to return specified amount of money with absolutely no question or face uncompromised punishment.
Deadline to return this specified amount of money will also be specified.

After the expiration of the deadline, all individual that cooperated will be pardoned immediately by the Federal Government; while the names of the rest that refused to cooperate will be revealed to the public and they will also be severely punished (eg. 20 years in federal prison and all their accumulated properties will be confiscated by the Federal Government).

Finally, our Constitution will be reviewed and revised.
From Oct 30, 2008,  any individual caught engaging in any corruption activities (regardless of the scale) will be executed at his or her home town.

I will also announce vigorously to the entire country that scapegoat is desperately needed.
Guys: That will be the end of corruption in Nigeria; and new Nigeria will be born in a very short period.
Then, we will all witness the real career dedicated politicians, while the business politicians/ business police men will dissolve one at a time

With love, Big B1.
Re: If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption by BigB11(m): 11:53pm On Dec 13, 2007
Anything else will be a mere waste of money and time; trust me!
Re: If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption by BigB11(m): 11:56pm On Dec 13, 2007
It makes no sense and it costs too much to prosecute these bastards; with zero outcome at the end of the day . I will make it clear that, I do not want anybody to go to jail, I do not have time for games or for she say, he say, do not waste your time getting a lawyer and absolutely it's not up to EFCC at every level.
Do yourself and your family a favor by cooperating firmly with the federal government; Just show me the money and you're free for life or else you will regret ever being a corrupt Nigerian citizen.

It is that simple.

With one or two solid scapegoats, I guarantee you that Nigerians will clearly understand this language.
Re: If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption by BigB11(m): 3:29pm On Dec 14, 2007
Ibori was arrested few days ago, now Fayose has also been arrested. What is next?
I do not think any of these moves will truly completely rectify corruption in Nigeria. It will only educate others to change their style and be more careful.

Corruption in Nigeria is giving birth to triplet every minute.
Re: If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption by Nobody: 1:07am On Dec 15, 2007
simple!with two gloved hands grin
Re: If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption by EmekaNaija(m): 2:15am On Dec 15, 2007
My action plan is listed below. But prior to that:
I will channel 90% of national Income and take loans from other countries to provide ELECTRICITY and basic infrastructure to Nigeria, and to equip the police because the fight agaisnt corruption is indeed a war.
Then here comes my answer.

I'll answer differentl. When i become President, to handle corruption, i will:

1) Declare my assets publicly
2) i) Disband EFCC, ICPC and restructure the Nigerian Police force to take up due responsibility
ii) Set up a task force to fight corruption
3) Make a law to make corruption a capital offence punishable by death (firing squad)
4) Announce that anyone who ever enriched himself through corruption (1960 to date) should own up and refund atleast 80% of his/her loot
within a 4 year period (ie the grace period would be till the end of my 1st term)
5) Make sure i lead by example in my 1st term and second terms
6) In my second term, every other official that did not own up would be prosecuted, if found guilty, all his estate to be seized by the state
then he/she faces the special firing squad set up by my government
7) Make sure there is no sacred cow,
cool All firing squads must be aired on national TV to send a bold statements to all Nigerians that we are 0% tolerant of corruption

I pledge to do this, SO HELP ME GOD
Re: If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption by Nobody: 2:54am On Dec 15, 2007
sound so ambitious. cool
Re: If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption by Depilot(m): 1:07pm On Dec 15, 2007
This is simple!
First, I will not get myself involved in any selective or vindictive activities under every circumstance. I will be focused, determined, dedicated and very firmed. I will touch the lives of the very poor Nigerians, I will reshape and solidify the image and pride of Nigeria. My concentration on empowering the children, the future will be incompressible.

I will put together a group of 50 independent delegates from everywhere in Nigeria, with substantial clearances. Their job is to identify each and every government official that stole from 1980 through 2007.
For a successful outcome, names of these individuals will be made confidential. How much each stole will also be determined.

Each individual will be privately contacted; based on how much individual stole, money to be returned back to Nigeria Federal Government will be determined. All identified corrupt individuals have an option to return specified amount of money with absolutely no question or face uncompromised punishment.

After the expiration of the deadline, all individual that cooperated will be pardoned immediately by the Federal Government; while the names of the rest that refused to cooperate will be revealed to the public and they will also be severely punished (eg. 20 years in federal prison and all their accumulated properties will be confiscated by the Federal Government).

From Oct 30, 2008,  any individual caught engaging in any corruption activities (regardless of the scale) will be executed at his or her home town.

I will also announce vigorously to the entire country that scapegoat is desperately needed.
Guys: That will be the end of corruption in Nigeria; and new Nigeria will be born in a very short period.
Then, we will all witness the real career dedicated politicians, while the business politicians/ business police men will dissolve one at a time

With love, Big B1.

as crazy as big1 may sound, i welcome his presidency in my country.
african countries have been killed and buried by corruption and for one to give birth to a new africa a drastic but reasonable action must be taken.
Re: If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption by McKren(m): 1:40pm On Dec 15, 2007
There are loads of ways to fight corruption. The subject of war against corruption is no rocket science, some will propose a total approach, others will prefer a slow and steady but effective approach; Some will propose a bottom-up approach, others will prefer a top-bottom approach.

All ideas are workable, but for whatever idea a particular Government chooses if it lacks sincerity [/b]of purpose they will simply get no where.

And going by the topic which says "If You Were Mr President [b]Today
,how Will You Handle Corruption" : My straight answer to that straight question is I will handle it with sincerity.

The situation in Nigeria's corruption war can only be likened to an Italian President rising to power on the promise of tackling Gansterism and Mafioso on the streets of Sicily and Napples but then appointing a Mafia defense lawyer as Chief Law Officer. Where will the Justice come from??

If you like wake Tunde Idiagbon from grave and make him head of EFCC of even IG of police, He will not achieve anything so long as someone like Micheal Aondoakaa is AGF in this country.

It is not by mere co-incidence that Micheal Aondoakaa has halted more corruption cases than initiating them since he became AGF.

Instantaneous suggestion from the Nigerian context
1. Sincerity of purpose on the part of the Presidency
2. Spliting the office of Nigeria's Attorney General and Justice Ministry
3. Having an Independent minded Attorney General who can only be removed by 2/3 majority of the NASS

There is nothing wrong with the Anti-corruption agencies as they are currently set-up, just that shackles should be removed from their way and they should be encouraged to operate within the confines of rule of law not undermined.
Re: If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption by oldie(m): 3:41pm On Dec 15, 2007
These are not my ideas, but I agree with them
A penny for his thoughts

http://www.globalpolicy.org/nations/launder/general/2003/12real.htm

Tackling Corruption Realistically
By Anthony Ogus
id21
December, 2003

Corruption is deeply embedded in the political culture and poverty of many less developed countries (LDCs). Regulatory bodies are particularly vulnerable to corruption as they have the power to make key decisions on profit-making activities. Corrupt regulatory bodies can thus dangerously impede economic development. [b][/b]

How can LDCs tackle corruption? International organisations usually recommend one of three traditional remedies:

• The criminal justice system
The World Bank and the International Monetary Fund have promoted attempts to suppress corruption in LDCs through the criminal justice system - by catching and punishing illegal behaviour. However, as most LDC criminal justice systems lack both the capacity to find the culprits and the judges to condemn them, the process is largely futile.

• Administrative law reform
Attempts at administrative law reform focus on depoliticising the civil service, improving the quality of officials through better training, pay and conditions; making decision-making more transparent and; better account auditing. Whilst such reforms should be welcomed, they depend on both the availability of resources and vitally, the existence of political will to make administrative processes more accountable.

• Rewarding lawful behaviour
It is often presumed that lawful behaviour can be encouraged by increasing the salaries of officials and giving better rewards to ‘whistleblowers’ who report corruption. However, this is not necessarily correct. High paid government officials might still be tempted by bribes and the existence of high rewards might itself be a further incentive for criminals to frame innocent officials.

The problem with all these remedies is that they are too ambitious. Corruption is likely to remain a factor in many LDCs until substantial changes in their political cultures and economic structures have been achieved. Instead of trying to eliminate corruption altogether, LDCs should act now to redesign their regulatory structures and procedures so as to reduce the opportunities for corruption to flourish and take over. The following possibilities could be explored in the redesign of LDC regulatory structures:

1. Decision-making by committees rather than individuals
Although this adds to the cost of regulation, it may eventually save money by facilitating mutual monitoring and accountability.

2. Competition between officers/offices
Some competition can be introduced into the regulatory process by providing the same service through alternative individual officers or offices. However this should not mean adding further layers of bureaucratic decision-making: that would simply make the problem worse.

3. Centralisation of decision-making
A “once-for-all” payment to secure the co-operation of a single corrupt centralised decision-maker may be better than having to pay bribes to a number of officials operating under a multi-layered system of decision-making.

4. Abolition of unnecessary licensing requirements
Many forms of business create no significant risks for the community and controlling entry by requiring a licence often creates an unnecessary opportunity for corruption.

5. More rules, less discretion
Discretion creates more opportunities for corruption than where regulatory requirements are laid out through clear, precise and formal rules.

Not all these suggestions marry well with models of regulation common in industrialised countries which often favour decentralised decision-making, less specific rules and more discretion. However, if these policies were transplanted to LDCs, they would enhance, rather than reduce, the opportunities for corruption.
Re: If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption by folahann(m): 10:21pm On Dec 15, 2007
I will make sure they open firing squad against anybody arrested by EFCC
Re: If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption by Depilot(m): 11:36pm On Dec 15, 2007
hi mckremn,

your idea seems to be very adequate, but right at this moment this gentleman style will not work well in a society where corruption has eaten deeply through the skin into the bones of our people. corruption is not only embedded in our political culture but embedded generally in our culture in africa from a to z. i'm sorry gentleman approach will be promising but will not be fruitful, our people will find one way or the other to beat the gentleman approach and continue with business as usual. sometimes iron hand intwined with democracy flavor is the only answer and this is what big1's post has.
Re: If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption by McKren(m): 11:51pm On Dec 15, 2007
Was not proposing any gentleman approach or any approach either

I am only saying that the shackles placed on the path of the EFCC and ICPC in the person of Micheal Andoakaa should be removed. No approach whether tough or gentlleman will work with Micheal Aondoakaa as AGF.
Re: If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption by Depilot(m): 2:19am On Dec 16, 2007
i wasn't trying to knock your proposal, i just thought you sounded gentle and very prudent which will not work in african heavily corrupt societies. at least for now.
Re: If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption by janami(f): 3:51pm On Dec 16, 2007
mk every civil servant comfortable financially and otherwise cos that is where corruption starts from. i am not sayin that it will eradicate corruption, but it is a starting point atleast smiley
Re: If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption by Backslider(m): 7:42pm On Dec 30, 2007
Mckren

I agree with you. There must be sincerity. but you don't determine sincerity from a man face. OBJ was very sincere. But the contemporary war Machinery (The media) did not help him.

People have survived made wealth of immense proportion from Corruption. Yes there must be sincerity but there must also be impunity.

You must combine over strict regime with a sincere heart so that it will send a signal to people that want to go into this crime. The corrupt rich man own Newspapers Media houses. Imagine That? what do you expect the people to hear. Read Big b1 and see where he said dealing with Fayose and Ibori was not the right way to go. openly condoning corruption! If he made money of corruption and owned a newspaper or was the proprietor of a media house Imagine what he would be writing about people facing court cases.

If Fayose goes to jail It means people like Tinubu will have there share

I dont care if OBJ stole Money.

He was a Sincere "criminal" that wanted Justice.

I will agree with a an ex convict that seeks sincere change and deals with criminals than a man holy man that condones corruption.
Re: If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption by kokoA(m): 8:45pm On Dec 30, 2007
first of all, i will influence the senate to amend the constitution reviewing the law guiding corrupt practices of any kind. We will fix a death sentence for anybody found to be corrupt at any level.
Re: If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption by BigB11(m): 8:59pm On Dec 30, 2007
I hate to be cocky, but I am very confident to say that there isn't any other alternative to effectively and efficiently handle corruption in Nigeria better than my recommendation.

And I predict that very soon it will be adopted

This is simple!

From Oct 30, 2008, any individual caught engaging in any corruption activities (regardless of the scale) will be executed at his or her home town.

With love, Big B1.
Re: If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption by BigB11(m): 12:41am On Dec 31, 2007
Read Big b1 and see where he said dealing with Fayose and Ibori was not the right way to go. openly condoning corruption!

@backslider:
Unbelievable statement of yours.
You carefully picked Big B1's statement, the one that complements your conclusion. My man, be reasonable and understand where I'm coming from; just don't pick and choose my words as you desire to debase my point of view; it is totally unfair!

Yes, I stated that the arrest of Ibori and Fayose will absolutely not solve corruption problem in Nigeria and that is the fact.
It is clear to the world, except you that the corruption problem in Nigeria is much bigger than these 2 folks. We definitely need more than just arrest and 18 months in jail.

95% of the country is corrupt; and you think arresting just 5% and jailing them for few months will produce miracle.

Come on, my man, be for real!
Re: If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption by Mamajama(m): 12:59am On Dec 31, 2007
Quote BIGB1

95% of the country is corrupt; and you think arresting just 5% and jailing them for few months will produce miracle.

No it will not, but we should start by killing or hanging BABANGIDA by firing squad similar treatment given to corrupt politicians in China. That will send a clear message. Happy new year BIGB1 grin grin
Re: If You Were Mr President Today,how Will You Handle Corruption by Nobody: 1:03am On Dec 31, 2007
I will appoint Tafa Balogun EFCC chairman and Emmanuel Nwude head of ICPC

(1) (2) (Reply)

EFCC Acting On Debtors: What About Wonder Bank Victims? / 2011: Efcc Submits Corrupt Aspirants’ Names To Pdp ! / President Jonathan Predicts Stable Electricity By April 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.