Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,826 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

Shareholders Funds Wiped Out As MTN Nigeria Incurs N740bn FOREX Losses - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shareholders Funds Wiped Out As MTN Nigeria Incurs N740bn FOREX Losses (22984 Views)

Cadbury Nigeria Reports N28.2billion Loss In 2023, Shareholders’ Funds Wiped Out / Dangote Sugar Incurs ₦172 Billion In FOREX Losses, Ends 2023 With ₦108.9 Billion / Nestle Nigeria Posts N104bn Loss In 2023, Shareholders Funds Wiped Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shareholders Funds Wiped Out As MTN Nigeria Incurs N740bn FOREX Losses by new2012: 4:41pm On Mar 01
Bluntemperor:

Ogbeni,all these your Book -Theory should stop, unless they are paying you!
Questions 1. Are they not doing business in Nigeria,so why are you still quoting them in Dollars?
2 .So,if you are doing business in America, you will still quite the prices in $ dollar,but why not in Naira in Nigeria abi?
3.then by implications,you and the MTN have Dollarise their business - that supposed to be done in Naira,thereby fraudulently over- rating the business Valuation to the detriment of Nigerians!
4. That means,you and their Auditors have been buying Dollars against the Naira in Nigeria, thereby Fooling us and you are not given the true Valuations of the business enterprise!
• So,if MTN is to extend business to France,they will still quote in $ ,as if French have no Currency of their own!
Of Course,after all it can be Converted,but that is not what these Business Organisation are doing in Nigeria, they are only Fooling us and it means, they don't need all these $ Dollars quotations they are doing!
•Una see , wetting de turn Nigeria to!
Corruption in an out of Nigeria!
No wander, they have been Manipulating the Naira.
When you are in Rome do like Romans - is as simple as that!

Bro, it will b nice to calm down, think through things before saying them.. you're typing a whole lot of gibberish.

these guys use assets from outside that require dollars

1 Like

Re: Shareholders Funds Wiped Out As MTN Nigeria Incurs N740bn FOREX Losses by Fuckyoumod: 4:45pm On Mar 01
AllTheWayUp:
The Tinubu curse keeps striking Nigerians harder
Dem go feel it
they all allowed him to destroy this country. Then they should deal with it.. Tinubu till 2027.
Re: Shareholders Funds Wiped Out As MTN Nigeria Incurs N740bn FOREX Losses by Teeklef(m): 4:48pm On Mar 01
Judolisco:
so u are saying they are technically the same?
Yes boss🏃‍♂️✅

1 Like

Re: Shareholders Funds Wiped Out As MTN Nigeria Incurs N740bn FOREX Losses by ViceGovernor: 5:02pm On Mar 01
Lol 😂 and this is the same network FG wants to blacklist millions of SIMs and lose huge money because of NIN.

FG make una dey play una go get sense by force...today is first of march o I never see anybody when dem block him line
Modified
MTN has blocked my line and many other lines.
This is outrageous

1 Like

Re: Shareholders Funds Wiped Out As MTN Nigeria Incurs N740bn FOREX Losses by Virgo3: 5:22pm On Mar 01
AllTheWayUp:

The banks, Dangote group and BUA were the one getting forex below market rate, thus they are declaring profit while other multinationals ike Nestlé, Nigerian Breweries, Guinness, Cadbury, MTN, were getting forex at market rate and thus lead to their financial loss.
The forex system in Nigeria is rigged
Tony Elumelu is just cashing out every day from unfair forex trading thus he is always throwing parties almost every month like a yahoo boy that just cashed out
mtn that pulled over 10 billion dollars from iyr economy to SA, lol they have pulled a corporate massive frauds against ther shareholders. The biggest coys are the biggest cheats, thieves and sharks, they can swallow d entire country just for gains
Re: Shareholders Funds Wiped Out As MTN Nigeria Incurs N740bn FOREX Losses by Anatolia: 5:25pm On Mar 01
yommen:

While Obi supporters are selling their children to feed?

Tinubu rats are either jumping inside well or dying by stampede as they are soliciting for ordinary rice because of hardship. Make no mistake, I am not happy Nigerians of any tribal extraction are dying but this hardship was brought upon everyone due to the pride , sele and foolishness.
Re: Shareholders Funds Wiped Out As MTN Nigeria Incurs N740bn FOREX Losses by edungene7: 5:25pm On Mar 01
STEWpid:
Chai..

Osenoboa!!!

Does it mean my share of 0.0612% of MTN NG is gone?

MTN cannot tell me that bullshitticus!!

take heart man bulaba is fixing the economy while shitman is fighting insecurity
Re: Shareholders Funds Wiped Out As MTN Nigeria Incurs N740bn FOREX Losses by Bluntemperor: 5:39pm On Mar 01
new2012:

Bro, it will b nice to calm down, think through things before saying them.. you're typing a whole lot of gibberish.
these guys use assets from outside that require dollars

Rubbish kill you there!
Are you Okay at all- calm down osi- that you are using to Steal big in Nigeria!
-Answer those questions I have raise!
So,I don't know that they Import Assets and quotes them in Dollars,abi?
e g the Generator Purchased you already quoted in Dollars Price,so how do you now quote the Services Provided to Nigerians in Dollars again,in Nigeria?
Is that what these Companies do in South Africa- quoting in $ Dollars and Not in South Africa Rand's?
Let them be Truthful to Nigerian State!
A siri gbogbo awon jegudu- jera ni Nigeria ma tu gben ni!
Tell Nigerians- something else on why Nigeria Naira( N) is being suppressed at the expense of the Overated Dollars($) ?
You remember how they came and charged all manners of Price, until Glo came with per Second!
So,why did they immediately change to per Second too?

1 Like

Re: Shareholders Funds Wiped Out As MTN Nigeria Incurs N740bn FOREX Losses by cornelman: 6:09pm On Mar 01
Svoboda:

That mtn data is pure exaggeration. Let them exit the country if they cant Continue.

What about thousands of employed Nigerians who will lose their jobs? Do you have jobs for them? Are you planning on creating alternatives for them?

Economy is not run by sentiments.

I don't understand how a lot of you people think. How should you just think of ways foreign companies would leave your country without having capable local companies to take over and also a way of reabsorbing the retrenched workers who are your citizens back into the workforce?

1 Like

Re: Shareholders Funds Wiped Out As MTN Nigeria Incurs N740bn FOREX Losses by new2012: 6:28pm On Mar 01
Bluntemperor:

Rubbish kill you there!
Are you Okay at all- calm down osi- that you are using to Steal big in Nigeria!
-Answer those questions I have raise!
So,I don't know that they Import Assets and quotes them in Dollars,abi?
e g the Generator Purchased you already quoted in Dollars Price,so how do you now quote the Services Provided to Nigerians in Dollars again,in Nigeria?
Is that what these Companies do in South Africa- quoting in $ Dollars and Not in South Africa Rand's?
Let them be Truthful to Nigerian State!
A siri gbogbo awon jegudu- jera ni Nigeria ma tu gben ni!
Tell Nigerians- something else on why Nigeria Naira( N) is being suppressed at the expense of the Overated Dollars($) ?
You remember how they came and charged all manners of Price, until Glo came with per Second!
So,why did they immediately change to per Second too?

insults straight up? I'd thought you were matured.. Now I see why you're typing a whole lot of beautiful nonsense.

"They charged all sort till glo came", Nigga that was over 24+ years ago.

BTW, Nestle, PZ, Airtel and all other manufacturing/telco coys are technically dead in Nigeria, they all require reinvestments to stay afloat and if these economic crises continue till the end of this year, they will all crumble.

Dollar is the currency across the world for certain commodities. No matter the country you're in. if you buy PC or software made in most countries, you remit in USD.

1 Like

Re: Shareholders Funds Wiped Out As MTN Nigeria Incurs N740bn FOREX Losses by Folzye(m): 6:42pm On Mar 01
It is clear that this tinubu's administration has no good fruit to yield
Re: Shareholders Funds Wiped Out As MTN Nigeria Incurs N740bn FOREX Losses by Kukutenla: 7:03pm On Mar 01
inoki247:
Lol Shareholder better go and hold MTN well before dem run dem street....

Banks are cashing out while the companies are going bankrupt shocked shocked

Stop writing nonsense.
Which one is run them street?
Have you checked their books and found anything at variance to what was announced
Re: Shareholders Funds Wiped Out As MTN Nigeria Incurs N740bn FOREX Losses by Imsoblessed: 8:49pm On Mar 01
MTN should be investigated,this guys are criminals
Re: Shareholders Funds Wiped Out As MTN Nigeria Incurs N740bn FOREX Losses by PARADIZEPRIEST: 9:01pm On Mar 01
THEY HAVE BEEN RIPING NIGERIANS OFF SINCE OBJGOVT.NOW GOD DONE PUNISH THEM ,THIEVES. angry
Re: Shareholders Funds Wiped Out As MTN Nigeria Incurs N740bn FOREX Losses by Eriokanmi: 9:15pm On Mar 01
Mayydayy:
If big corporations like mtn are recording this amount of loss,then you should Imagine what SMEs and other little business are going through in this country. Let's keep playing politics with everything but the truth is that the terrible realities are still staring at us the face face. No reasonable foreign corporation will come to invest in this country at it's current state. It's our loss.
I lost over 35m naira. I know by God's grace, I'd recover

1 Like

Re: Shareholders Funds Wiped Out As MTN Nigeria Incurs N740bn FOREX Losses by Mom007(f): 12:36am On Mar 02
Mayydayy:
If big corporations like mtn are recording this amount of loss,then you should Imagine what SMEs and other little business are going through in this country. Let's keep playing politics with everything but the truth is that the terrible realities are still staring at us the face face. No reasonable foreign corporation will come to invest in this country at it's current state. It's our loss.
If only most small business owners know how to keep proper accounts, they will know that they are incurring heavy heavy losses. Most don't pay themselves or their family members. They are always borrowing and any money that enters their hands from other sources goes into d businesses. Very bad something like that!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shareholders Funds Wiped Out As MTN Nigeria Incurs N740bn FOREX Losses by harrypetty(m): 3:54am On Mar 02
What happened to first class graduate accountant? Where is the magic wand of this administration?
Re: Shareholders Funds Wiped Out As MTN Nigeria Incurs N740bn FOREX Losses by Mayydayy(m): 8:39am On Mar 02
Eriokanmi:
I lost over 35m naira. I know by God's grace, I'd recover

It's a pity. So sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Re: Shareholders Funds Wiped Out As MTN Nigeria Incurs N740bn FOREX Losses by nobilie: 1:53pm On Mar 02
I smell a foul play. The Nigerian government does not protect its citizens. MTN has stolen from us. They made profit as the top telecom in Nig.

1 Like

Re: Shareholders Funds Wiped Out As MTN Nigeria Incurs N740bn FOREX Losses by Bluntemperor: 2:46pm On Mar 02
nobilie:
I smell a foul play. The Nigerian government does not protect its citizens. MTN has stolen from us. They made profit as the top telecom in Nig.

God bless you bro and that is why I wouldn't reply the Apartheid defenders, because they are feeding there!
Did you see how the DSTV and GO-Tv is treating Nigerians, despite the House of Reps Laws made on the Pay -As -You -Go,as they frustrated it?
The same Law Makers have looked elsewhere and is part of Corruption we talk about in Nigeria- for when Laws are made and Not Implemented,it is Corruption! Nigeria System is very Wicked!
What are the MTN claiming - that they were making loss but when the Dollars was at N200,400,800, they were making huge Profits!
And when they were giving their Dividends and making Script Issues/ Shares Purchases at $( Dollars),they were making Homongous Money!
Let them tell us,at how much was Emiefiele gangster selling Dollars to them,as done to Dangote,for them to buy- let them tell the over 200Millions Nigeria!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shareholders Funds Wiped Out As MTN Nigeria Incurs N740bn FOREX Losses by Konquest: 7:30pm On Mar 02
References1:

https://nairametrics.com/2024/03/01/mtn-nigeria-incurs-n740-billion-in-forex-losses-shareholders-funds-wiped-out/?amp=1
Corporate companies and SMEs in Nigeria had "blood on the dance floor" due to FX challenges in the period leading right up to 2024.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bitcoin Can Be Used For 'Illegal' Purposes - US Regulators / ECOWAS To Implement Common Currency In West Africa – Official / First Bank Salutes Medical Professionals Tackling COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.