Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,109 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

My Experience With A Market Woman Today! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience With A Market Woman Today! (201 Views)

Chinese Turns Nigerian Soldier To A Maid In A Market [PICS] / What Happened Between Me And An Igbo Woman Today / Yemi Osinbajo Booed In A Market Where He Went For Trader Moni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With A Market Woman Today! by Elzazzi: 1:27pm On Mar 01
Please don’t mind my errors.

Early this morning I strolled to the shop of the woman I normally buy stuffs from anytime I want to cook. I’m currently in Ogbia Bayelsa state and the prices of food items has really skyrocketed here.

I bought plantain 1k and they are 6 pieces and relatively big compared to other places that will even sell 4 small ones for that same amount. I noticed her food items were cheap when compared to others in same locality. While I was buying the things I needed, another woman came to shop and was telling her how her items were cheaper when compared to others selling around her. I paid attention to their conversation.

Then I now asked the woman, why are things were cheaper when compared to others. She told me most people are just greedy and wicked and it’s mostly fault of the retailers who hoard the goods and wait till the Naira falls and then increase the amount they sell them. And those buying take advantage and triple the amount they use in selling. She told things aren’t currently good but people are just taking advantage of the situation to increase the prices of goods and they are making much more gains than ever.

Tinubu wasn’t my candidate in the last election and I know many voted for their preferred candidates for reasons best known to them.

The truth is that the common man on the streets is feeling this hardship and economic sabotage fellow Nigerians. We don’t have to go to the extreme because we want make gains and make people suffer. I know the government has its own shortcomings and blames, but let’s be considerate on ourselves. Thanks

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Market Woman Today! by Zonefree(m): 1:30pm On Mar 01
Cheap propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Market Woman Today! by surgical: 1:30pm On Mar 01
Elzazzi:
Please don’t mind my errors.

Early this morning I strolled to the shop of the woman I normally buy stuffs from anytime I want to cook. I’m currently in Ogbia Bayelsa state and the prices of food items has really skyrocketed here.

I bought plantain 1k and they are 6 pieces and relatively big compared to other places that will even sell 4 small ones for that same amount. I noticed her food items were cheap when compared to others in same locality. While I was buying the things I needed, another woman came to shop and was telling her how her items were cheaper when compared to others selling around her. I paid attention to their conversation.

Then I now asked the woman, why are things were cheaper when compared to others. She told me most people are just greedy and wicked and it’s mostly fault of the retailers who hoard the goods and wait till the Naira falls and then increase the amount they sell them. And those buying take advantage and triple the amount they use in selling. She told things aren’t currently good but people are just taking advantage of the situation to increase the prices of goods and they are making much more gains than ever.

Tinubu wasn’t my candidate in the last election and I know many voted for their preferred candidates for reasons best known to them.

The truth is that the common man on the streets is feeling this hardship and economic sabotage fellow Nigerians. We don’t have to go to the extreme because we want make gains and make people suffer. I know the government has its own shortcomings and blames, but let’s be considerate on ourselves. Thanks
My friend stop lying, you see you can't defend this Tinubu caused this mess not the common man .
Everything is caused by people who have no access to political power to make policies who are themselves victims of heartless, evil leaders, one idiot called omokri will come and say its because the people are not buying nija,you guys are not stable in your postulates,unfortunately for you ass kickers, Tinubu has owned up to his errors

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Market Woman Today! by Elzazzi: 1:57pm On Mar 01
surgical:
My friend stop lying, you see you can't defend this Tinubu caused this mess not the common man .
Everything is caused by people who have no access to political power to make policies who are themselves victims of heartless, evil leaders, one idiot called omokri will come and say its because the people are not buying nija,you guys are not stable in your postulates,unfortunately for you ass kickers, Tinubu has owned up to his errors

Go check my previous comments if you see anywhere I supported Tinubu post it here. I didn’t absolve the wrongs of the government in my post, I only said some people are taking advantage of the situation to increase prices of goods unnecessary.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Market Woman Today! by lionshare: 2:19pm On Mar 01
Elzazzi:

Go check my previous comments if you see anywhere I supported Tinubu post it here. I didn’t absolve the wrongs of the government in my post, I only said some people are taking advantage of the situation to increase prices of goods unnecessary.

The leadership within a society mirrors its populace; feel free to interpret and utilize this insight as you see fit.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: About 300 Abducted By Islamic Militants In Nigeria - CBS News / Be Patient For 8 Yrs During Buhari Rule ,nothing ,they Are Saying It Again..... / President Tinubu Approves Restructuring Of FGN Power Company Board [FULL LIST]]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.