Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,666 members, 7,816,731 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Can I Sue A Mobile Phone Company For Misinformation And Others? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Can I Sue A Mobile Phone Company For Misinformation And Others? (1167 Views)

Which Phone Company Has The Best Camera Based On Your Experience / I Want To Sue A Phone Company / China’s Largest Phone Company Gives Their CEO A $1.5 Billion Bonus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Sue A Mobile Phone Company For Misinformation And Others? by BEANSndPLANTAIN(m): 8:55pm On Mar 01
So there is this mobile phone company whose name starts with I and ends with X.

There is a product they made in 2019 which was terrible and they are selling that same product in 2024... Same specifications but different names...

This is ought right rip off.

In the image attached, are

Re: Can I Sue A Mobile Phone Company For Misinformation And Others? by BEANSndPLANTAIN(m): 9:02pm On Mar 01
Now let me explain the image above.
I own an infinxHotlOplay
I also bought an.... |NFINXHOT40II at the rate of 140,000k (which is reflecting the true make on Facebook as s5Iite)

Imagine selling what these people are doing
Re: Can I Sue A Mobile Phone Company For Misinformation And Others? by immortalcrown(m): 9:05pm On Mar 01
They don't force you to patronize them.
Re: Can I Sue A Mobile Phone Company For Misinformation And Others? by BEANSndPLANTAIN(m): 9:07pm On Mar 01
immortalcrown:

Oga it's only dignifying to be a honest business man. What I am telling you is they did not improve anything as claimed on their pack.
That's why fb is displaying the actual operating system

5 Likes

Re: Can I Sue A Mobile Phone Company For Misinformation And Others? by immortalcrown(m): 9:09pm On Mar 01
BEANSndPLANTAIN:

Oga it's only dignifying to be a honest business man. What I am telling you is they did not improve anything as claimed on their pack.
That's why fb is displaying the actual operating system
Ignore their products. That's all.
Re: Can I Sue A Mobile Phone Company For Misinformation And Others? by BEANSndPLANTAIN(m): 9:15pm On Mar 01
immortalcrown:
Ignore their products. That's all.

This is not about ignoring a product or not. This is calling out people for unwholesome antics.
There are millions of Nigerians who are not tech swavy enough to notice all these unwholesome practices. This is a clear case of rip off and Misinformation na.
You are selling s5lite to Nigerians and you are telling them it's |NFINXHOT40II

You can't be selling beans and be calling it fried rice now

9 Likes

Re: Can I Sue A Mobile Phone Company For Misinformation And Others? by immortalcrown(m): 9:16pm On Mar 01
BEANSndPLANTAIN:
There are millions of Nigerians who are not tech swavy enough to notice all these unwholesome practices. This is a clear case of rip off and Misinformation na.
It is not about being tech savvy or not. Nigerians are irrational in spending. It is not only about phones.
Re: Can I Sue A Mobile Phone Company For Misinformation And Others? by Olokolobo: 9:27pm On Mar 01
Go for redmi, get value. Transsion na scam.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Sue A Mobile Phone Company For Misinformation And Others? by noobody(m): 12:35am On Mar 02
This is what transsion is known for,

They are frauds!

Scammers,

Thieves.

People should avoid them,

They are criminals!!

5 Likes

Re: Can I Sue A Mobile Phone Company For Misinformation And Others? by noobody(m): 12:38am On Mar 02
BEANSndPLANTAIN:

There is a product they made in 2019 which was terrible and they are selling that same product in 2024... Same specifications but different names...

Mention there name,

We all know e nor fit pass tecno,Infinix and itel,

Na so them dey do,they are fraudulent!!

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue A Mobile Phone Company For Misinformation And Others? by Westerhoffe(m): 12:57am On Mar 02
Wow!

Is this for real?

Re: Can I Sue A Mobile Phone Company For Misinformation And Others? by BEANSndPLANTAIN(m): 6:03am On Mar 02
noobody:

Mention there name,

We all know e nor fit pass tecno,Infinix and itel,

Na so them dey do,they are fraudulent!!

It's is infinix now
Re: Can I Sue A Mobile Phone Company For Misinformation And Others? by noemal: 6:11am On Mar 02
BEANSndPLANTAIN:

This is not about ignoring a product or not. This is calling out people for unwholesome antics.

You can't be selling beans and be calling it fried rice now

A simple check on GSMARENA reveals that the two devices aren't quite as similar as you think they are. I find it amusing that you choose to believe Facebook over your phone manufacter. I believe you have decent knowledge of phone specs.

These two phones run on different processors, different android versions and they have different storage configurations and the hot 40i has a higher battery capacity, (even the screenshot you provided confirms that) I'm not in anyway a transsion marketer, I'm just letting you know that there is a mix up somewhere, that made Facebook identify your device as another model.

Even though most phone manufacturers (especially transsion) are guilty of churning out the same model of devices under a new name and higher price, that is not the case here, Facebook is the one causing an issue not your OEM. Thank you

Edit: here is a link to the comparison

https://m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=10008&idPhone2=12731#

2 Likes

Re: Can I Sue A Mobile Phone Company For Misinformation And Others? by DesChyko: 7:25am On Mar 02
According to the specifications, they are not the same, even if the difference is just the case colour. Your lawsuit is dead on arrival.

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue A Mobile Phone Company For Misinformation And Others? by HugeElephant(f): 7:37am On Mar 02
DesChyko:
According to the specifications, they are not the same, even if the difference is just the case colour. Your lawsuit is dead on arrival.

Nigeria don't have a working judicial system and tech swavy individuals, if what op is claiming is right, Transion will be heavily fined if it were in the civilized world

It's obvious the mobile device certification is displaying S5 lite on Facebook instead of hot40i..
that is a clear evidence
Re: Can I Sue A Mobile Phone Company For Misinformation And Others? by DesChyko: 7:41am On Mar 02
HugeElephant:
Nigeria don't have a working judicial system and tech swavy individuals, if what op is claiming is right, Transion will be heavily fined if it were in the civilized world

Well, I've seen electronic products like Sunny, Panasunny, Suny Ericssom, Panasharp, NOKLA and the likes make bold sales and get away with it.

Not nearly as easy as it looks. The electronics giants look away as the effort is not worth it.
Re: Can I Sue A Mobile Phone Company For Misinformation And Others? by HugeElephant(f): 7:49am On Mar 02
noemal:

A simple check on GSMARENA reveals that the two devices aren't quite as similar as you think they are. I find it amusing that you choose to believe Facebook over your phone manufacter. I believe you have decent knowledge of phone specs.

These two phones run on different processors, different android versions and they have different storage configurations and the hot 40i has a higher battery capacity, (even the screenshot you provided confirms that) I'm not in anyway a transsion marketer, I'm just letting you know that there is a mix up somewhere, that made Facebook identify your device as another model.

Even though most phone manufacturers (especially transsion) are guilty of churning out the same model of devices under a new name and higher price, that is not the case here, Facebook is the one causing an issue not your OEM. Thank you

Edit: here is a link to the comparison

https://m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=10008&idPhone2=12731#

Everything up there is hogwash.
Do you know the meaning of "mobile device certification"
Re: Can I Sue A Mobile Phone Company For Misinformation And Others? by Norman4real(m): 8:36am On Mar 02
You made this whole thread to basically complain about nothing. grin grin
Is there an issue with the phone you bought? Is there something not working as advertised

So what if Facebook identified the device differently? Is Facebook's core purpose to identify and certify phone models?

The simple explanation here is that Facebook simply doesn't have the Hot 40i registered in whatever database it uses especially since it's a fairly new model.
Try using an app like Antutu whose core purpose is to verify and test phone specs and if that gives you different results then maybe we could have a problem to actually address.

Otherwise this thread is just nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: Can I Sue A Mobile Phone Company For Misinformation And Others? by noobody(m): 8:49am On Mar 02
Scams and fraud,the toy robots are always our to defend like phoools
Re: Can I Sue A Mobile Phone Company For Misinformation And Others? by GTCO: 9:36am On Mar 02
Norman4real:
You made this whole thread to basically complain about nothing. grin grin
Is there an issue with the phone you bought? Is there something not working as advertised

So what if Facebook identified the device differently? Is Facebook's core purpose to identify and certify phone models?

The simple explanation here is that Facebook simply doesn't have the Hot 40i registered in whatever database it uses especially since it's a fairly new model.
Try using an app like Antutu whose core purpose is to verify and test phone specs and if that gives you different results then maybe we could have a problem to actually address.

Otherwise this thread is just nonsense.

Says a known self confessed tinder scammer and Transion marketer.
Re: Can I Sue A Mobile Phone Company For Misinformation And Others? by noemal: 11:46am On Mar 02
HugeElephant:

Everything up there is hogwash.
Do you know the meaning of "mobile device certification"
For you to say everything I wrote up there is "hogwash" It only shows you have no idea about what you're saying. Like someone else pointed out it's not Facebook's job to certify phone models.

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue A Mobile Phone Company For Misinformation And Others? by falcon01: 6:47pm On Mar 02
immortalcrown:
he has all the right to complain!
Re: Can I Sue A Mobile Phone Company For Misinformation And Others? by Norman4real(m): 11:47am On Mar 03
GTCO:

Says a known self confessed tinder scammer and Transion marketer.
of course you lack the capacity to make a valid argument so you just resort to insults and baseless claims. Oh well, go ahead and sue the company and we see how far that empty head gets you.

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue A Mobile Phone Company For Misinformation And Others? by noobody(m): 12:24pm On Mar 03
Norman4real:
of course you lack the capacity to make a valid argument so you just resort to insults and baseless claims. Oh well, go ahead and sue the company and we see how far that empty head gets you.

You transsion agents would go to any length to defend the fraud the company stands for,well I would be shocked to expect anything less,then you won't be paid.

Re: Can I Sue A Mobile Phone Company For Misinformation And Others? by HugeElephant(f): 3:41pm On Mar 03
noobody:

You transsion agents would go to any length to defend the fraud the company stands for,well I would be shocked to expect anything less,then you won't be paid.

They don't know the harm they are doing to their own people. Maybe one day they will know
Re: Can I Sue A Mobile Phone Company For Misinformation And Others? by Norman4real(m): 10:59pm On Mar 04
noobody:

Lol, so i make just one post about a Transsion phone every 2 years, and that makes me some paid agent. Lol, that's funny coz I'm not even Nigerian.
Now go to those posts and see if I've asked anyone to buy those phones or even posted a link to any external site.
Why is it hard for you to believe that someone can actually just be a fan of something without being paid to fake it?
You need to check yourself man.

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue A Mobile Phone Company For Misinformation And Others? by noobody(m): 7:47am On Mar 05
Norman4real:
Lol, so i make just one post about a Transsion phone every 2 years, and that makes me some paid agent. Lol, that's funny coz I'm not even Nigerian.
Now go to those posts and see if I've asked anyone to buy those phones or even posted a link to any external site.
Why is it hard for you to believe that someone can actually just be a fan of something without being paid to fake it?
You need to check yourself man.

It's obvious you are parts of those registering new accounts daily here on nairaland

The reason why all those accounts can't reply at once is because,one account has to be logged in to reply before the others can log in

I know all your dirty tricks.

Plenty Monika just to spread lies and deceit.

You post 2 years ago or presently doesn't change anything
Re: Can I Sue A Mobile Phone Company For Misinformation And Others? by motionarena: 10:50am On Mar 05
BEANSndPLANTAIN:

Might be facebook error you.
Sometimes they do misread my iPhone version and location

2 Likes

Re: Can I Sue A Mobile Phone Company For Misinformation And Others? by Norman4real(m): 3:24pm On Mar 05
noobody:

It's obvious you are parts of those registering new accounts daily here on nairaland

The reason why all those accounts can't reply at once is because,one account has to be logged in to reply before the others can log in

I know all your dirty tricks.

Plenty Monika just to spread lies and deceit.

You post 2 years ago or presently doesn't change anything
Just take the assumption as you see fit i guess. I'm in no position to convince you otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Can I Sue A Mobile Phone Company For Misinformation And Others? by noobody(m): 3:30pm On Mar 05
Norman4real:

Just take the assumption as you see fit i guess. I'm in no position to convince you otherwise.

You are not in any position to convince me about anything ever.

You can't be promoting fraud and you want to convince me,keep confusing the gullible ones bro.

Cheers.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Phones / Windows Smartphones Software Downloads / Did You Get The Iphone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.