Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

Nigeria: Towing The Path Of Asia 3rd To 1st Worlds - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Towing The Path Of Asia 3rd To 1st Worlds (566 Views)

Kogi: Buhari Setting Nigeria On Path Of Anarchy – Fayose / Nnamdi Kanu's court case adjourned to 1st december / Is Nigeria Still Towing The Path Of Democracy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria: Towing The Path Of Asia 3rd To 1st Worlds by Biggoozz: 12:41pm On Nov 12, 2011
I remember reading Lee Kuan Yew's "From 3rd world to 1st" when about in the 60s his country Singapore with Nigeria and other Asian 3rd world contemporaries like South Korea, Malaysia and China used to attend those UN development support and relief events.

Lee recounted getting locked in a development strategy competition born out of sheer envy with Singapore's neighboring developing world Asian countries most of whom today are either a 1st world or almost one. This attitude saddled with determination to quit being beggars has brought these nations to where they are today. 

5 decades later Nigeria is still deriving joy begging for the crudest international support both in finance and governance and still making crude election campaign promises like steady power/water supply and good roads.

Other African prodigal nations like Ghana today have picked the same "We can do better" competitive attitude like these Asian nations and are fast realising all-round growth. Ghana 6 times smaller and less privileged with resources is giving Nigeria a tough one and they so much as sing about it.

NIGERIA! when will we wake up and challenge our self destruct system, even if it requires REVOLTING,

Let's get uneasy, the cloud is gathering and has moved me to write, take your own step born of restlessness, gradually we will arrive the tipping point when A CHANGE CAUSE will happen.

I can't wait,
Re: Nigeria: Towing The Path Of Asia 3rd To 1st Worlds by ektbear: 12:44pm On Nov 12, 2011
That book changed my life.

Possibly the most important book I've read after the Bible.

Anyway, I remain skeptical of Nigeria's chances. We shall see.
Re: Nigeria: Towing The Path Of Asia 3rd To 1st Worlds by Akanbiedu(m): 12:51pm On Nov 12, 2011
Nigeria has much more fundamental/deep problems other than lack of development.
Re: Nigeria: Towing The Path Of Asia 3rd To 1st Worlds by Biggoozz: 12:54pm On Nov 12, 2011
That book also gave me one of the most frustrating experiences of my life. Know what and how things can be done to have a simple good life and helplessly seeing situations get worse.

I and a lot other Nigerians have made crative effort to contribute in making things better but have them badly frustrated by corruption.

If you invent a good idea, they will steal it and worst still make money or publicity with it and not implement it well or at all.

Let us not give up to our nation, we must fight for it!

(1) (Reply)

17 Nigerian Firms Invest N325bn In Ghana / Politics Of Crime: Lets Play ''choose'' ''choose'' Game / Bankole's Running Cost Was Reduced To N100 Million As A Punishiment By Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.