Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,778 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles (21729 Views)

NFF Appoints Jose Peseiro As Super Eagles New Coach / Manchester United Appoints Ralf Rangnick As Interim Manager (Pix) / Man Utd Reach Agreement With Rangnick To Become Interim Manager - The Athletic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by victorazy(m): 12:36pm On Mar 02
This man again?
Na wa for NFF
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by Bawofss(m): 12:37pm On Mar 02
Jayhome24:
Better than that bloody Pasaru or Pasiro shit. I never like that Pasiro or Pasiru idiot for once day.

Eguavon far better. Good one.

Oya you sef talk tru, how is Eguavoen better than Pasero? Say you no like Pasero no mean say you go disrespect the man like that by comparing him to failure Eguavon. Pasero is about to get a bigger offer than our Naija own.

Where as, your Eguavon cannot be considered by the smallest country in Africa except the currupt NFF
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by Deogratiasfx: 12:38pm On Mar 02
Powersurge:
This looks demeaning.

This reminds me of my first job after graduation.

All my colleagues were master degree holder with 8-15 years experience in that field (though they were all thieves. Like 98% of Nigerians).

My former manager (an Indian man) has ND equivalent. He was paid in dollars ($2000 then). He's entitled to vacation to anywhere once a year with his family.

Meanwhile, my colleagues salary were ₦40,000-₦50,000.

After the Indian man left, they brought a fresh graduate (like myself) from India. He came as a management trainee (like myself), yet he was the Manager.

You can never be the best for the job in the eyes of Nigerians.

Don't mind Nigerians. We are our problems. What height have these foreign coaches us to that our local coaches have not reached. Yet we pay in several thousands of dollars meanwhile we pay our local coaches peanut.

1 Like

Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by femicyrus(m): 12:40pm On Mar 02
Back to square 1

The rating of the eagles will have to go down to the level of this man till a high profile quality coach is employed
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by Boyuche: 12:44pm On Mar 02
In as much as interim coach is temporary,must it always be Eguavoen all the time? Man failed to do a simple task the last time out and is still getting the nod over the likes of Emmanuel Amuneke who prepped some of these players at the under 17 level or better still Daniel Omokachi...Well NFF never learns!
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by jiz: 12:48pm On Mar 02
That is another good view
Bawofss:

Bro it's not just to appoint any how local coaches, but to take the best out of our local coaches. Amunike can do the job if they give him free hand to work........Eguavon has failed over and over again, he is not even worth to be near anything naija football again. He is supposed to be in Europe adding to his knowledge on how to be a good coach
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 12:49pm On Mar 02
His cabal rules the NFF. They wanted to remove Poseiro before the Afcon and put Eguavoen but, they couldn't afford it.
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by sterlingD(m): 12:52pm On Mar 02
Not again ! What about Amunike?

1 Like

Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by Ewedegubbler: 12:59pm On Mar 02
A new era of bribery just kicked off
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by GoodGovernance: 12:59pm On Mar 02
NNF always putting our local coaches in very difficult positions, to justify another foreign coach.

Peseiro has cleverly abandoned Nigeria, after messing up our World Cup qualifiers.

Any way I still believe in miracles, to qualify for next world cup. undecided
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by Oghene86: 1:00pm On Mar 02
politicoNG:
Eguavoen is the Technical Director of the NFF

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/h95zSUgC2RZWVdaV/?mibextid=Nif5oz

Standby coach 😁
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by Bawofss(m): 1:06pm On Mar 02
AdeolaOmoOba:
His cabal rules the NFF. They wanted to remove Poseiro before the Afcon and put Eguavoen but, they couldn't afford it.

You are right bro, they frustrated the man out of the job. Many in NFF would have loved for him to fail woefully at the afcon so that they can have something to hold on to....

I don't like Paseiro either because of the brand of football he plays and the lack of good scouting of attacking mildfieders/wingers in our league to complement the team

We should be going for an upgrade on Paseiro if we are to move forward be it foreign or our local coaches, but definitely not Eguavoen!
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by HardBishop: 1:06pm On Mar 02
kingsways:
No, Eguavoen has failed before! The last time out after they sacked Gernot Rohr, he failed to qualify Nigeria for the World Cup. They want to play out the same scene again

They should have appointed Amunike. Amunike proved himself as a player, playing for Zamalek, Sporting Lisbon and Barcelona. He also proved himself as a coach when he took Osimhen, Chukwueze & Co to win the U17 World Cup, and then took lowly Tanzania to the Nations Cup.

Both as player and coach, Amunike stands above Eguavoen
They can't appoint amunike cos na ibo man.... Let them continue.....
We go try to carry cup but na second be our limit.
Stephen ibo man did a wonderful job and took the afcon cup
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by Ken4Christ: 1:07pm On Mar 02
Why Eguavon? I don't like his coaching style.

Samson Siasia has raised better team than him.

Well, it's their problem.
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by b1olat: 1:11pm On Mar 02
How, Why, definitely a step in the wrong direction.
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by pobosky20(m): 1:17pm On Mar 02
Already preparing to fail cool
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by Ekaka14: 1:18pm On Mar 02
This people no just get respect for Finidi George at all....
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by omobabaoffa(m): 1:19pm On Mar 02
Frigga13:
Cicero cool

Good.
Cerezo you mean 😀😀😀😀😀

1 Like

Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by Otunski: 1:20pm On Mar 02
NFF is so useless. Eguavoen again,
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by Bennycollins: 1:20pm On Mar 02
Powersurge:
This looks demeaning.

This reminds me of my first job after graduation.

All my colleagues were master degree holder with 8-15 years experience in that field (though they were all thieves. Like 98% of Nigerians).

My former manager (an Indian man) has ND equivalent. He was paid in dollars ($2000 then). He's entitled to vacation to anywhere once a year with his family.

Meanwhile, my colleagues salary were ₦40,000-₦50,000.

After the Indian man left, they brought a fresh graduate (like myself) from India. He came as a management trainee (like myself), yet he was the Manager.

You can never be the best for the job in the eyes of Nigerians.
Eguavoen had been there several times a this is about the sixth has had not cracked a single thing. He was sacked after failing with Enyimba and I think sunshine stars.
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by Mrtaye: 1:22pm On Mar 02
kingsways:
No, Eguavoen has failed before! The last time out after they sacked Gernot Rohr, he failed to qualify Nigeria for the World Cup. They want to play out the same scene again

They should have appointed Amunike. Amunike proved himself as a player, playing for Zamalek, Sporting Lisbon and Barcelona. He also proved himself as a coach when he took Osimhen, Chukwueze & Co to win the U17 World Cup, and then took lowly Tanzania to the Nations Cup.

Eeyah it's so unfortunate Nigeria would miss the world cup again
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by BreconHills(m): 1:23pm On Mar 02
Well that's the end of the WC. The politico coach wins. Did they consider this guys record the last time out?

I sincerely hope I am wrong. But does data lie?

1 Like

Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by meobizy(f): 1:29pm On Mar 02
Na this guy I dey watch that year dey one year short of sixty today? I don truly old. My niece is here complaining that I move like an elder. Nna ehn, life is not funny anymore.
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by GoodGovernance: 1:29pm On Mar 02
kingsways:

You should have asked yourself why Rohr was sacked.

The foreign coaches had always put us in very difficult positions at the world cup qualifiers, same scenario is about to happen.Peseiro has messed up our World cup qualifiers,we should not expect any miracle from Eguavoen.

NFF takes delight in embarrassing our local coaches, to justify hiring another foreign shit!
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by Mrtaye: 1:29pm On Mar 02
saddler:

Tribalism don set in.
Because you are igbo, Amunike has suddenly become better than Eguavoen
It's not about igbo ki lo ma n seyin gan,it's about national interest and some people have decided to jettison national and overriding public interest for personally interest and aggrandizement.... Amunike is shoulders above Eguavoen both as player and coach
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by Mrtaye: 1:31pm On Mar 02
saddler:

You want someone who was guilty of corruption to take over the job because you have a bias for him.

Amunike is better than all of them

1 Like

Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by Juju70(m): 1:32pm On Mar 02
Well well well....what a country
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by Agunesinjaweola: 1:34pm On Mar 02
kingsways:

Amunike does not have a political clout to influence his appointment.
Nigeria is not England !
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by Okorocubana(m): 1:34pm On Mar 02
Eguavon and Interim coaching
na 5&6
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by Jayhome24: 1:34pm On Mar 02
Bawofss:

Oya you sef talk tru, how is Eguavoen better than Pasero? Say you no like Pasero no mean say you go disrespect the man like that by comparing him to failure Eguavon. Pasero is about to get a bigger offer than our Naija own.

Where as, your Eguavon cannot be considered by the smallest country in Africa except the currupt NFF

So let me know where you are standing. Are you now Pasiru advocate or something?

I'm not concern about AFCON final but I had be very concern from day 1 of Pasiru as our coch because he lacks what it take to handle super Eagle and in all matches, friendlies we have played the evidence is glaring so instead for him to continue as the coach at least let Eguavon do the job on temporary level till we get a replacement that is where I'm going, ok.

Mind you I don't care how you love to insult your country, Nigeria, good for you but remember Nigeria is where you are born and bred and remember Nigeria is not the worst country in the world.

Thanks.
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by Agunesinjaweola: 1:35pm On Mar 02
Peseiro is the worst coach Nigeria had since Independence !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Videos And Pictures Of Super Falcons Players In Camp Ahead Of 2022 WAFCON / Sunday Oliseh To NFF: "Pay Us Now We Are Alive"; " We Do Not Owe You" - NFF / Premier League Bans Gambling Sponsorship On Front Of Club Shirts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.