Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,121 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles (21747 Views)

NFF Appoints Jose Peseiro As Super Eagles New Coach / Manchester United Appoints Ralf Rangnick As Interim Manager (Pix) / Man Utd Reach Agreement With Rangnick To Become Interim Manager - The Athletic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by Mrtaye: 1:37pm On Mar 02
Eastlink:
As old as your tribalist head is so you didn't see the point raised right? How long will the NFF continue to take us for a ride. Name the indigenous Nigerian coach that is currently better than Emmanuel Amuneke? If I was Amuneke, I'll tell the NFF to shove the job under their ass and go coach other organized African countries. His CV is too rated to be waiting on the corrupt NFF.
Exactly
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by Mrtaye: 1:44pm On Mar 02
Agunesinjaweola:

Amunike does not have a political clout to influence his appointment.
Nigeria is not England !
Okay simply put merit is jettisoned for political clout in Nigeria
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by Mrincredy(m): 1:44pm On Mar 02
A serial failure again
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by Agunesinjaweola: 1:53pm On Mar 02
Mrtaye:

It's not about igbo ki lo ma n seyin gan,it's about national interest and some people have decided to jettison national and overriding public interest for personally interest and aggrandizement.... Amunike is shoulders above Eguavoen both as player and coach
All this grammar doesn't belong to Nigeria system my brother.
Is it on national interest the political system rejected Osinbajo for Tinubu

Tell me how on national interest is the reason how Equavon would be brought back after initial dissapointment for failing to qualify Nigeria for a major competition.
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by godofuck231: 1:56pm On Mar 02
They are afraid of him because he a dead strick MFK
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by seunayantokun(m): 2:00pm On Mar 02
Them never taya to dey use this man for interim coach always?
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by MobilityMFR(m): 2:04pm On Mar 02
What's with the interim BS? Is he not worth a full-time head coach?The way we treat our own no funny. After all, una go pay am groundnut.

politicoNG:
Eguavoen is the Technical Director of the NFF

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/h95zSUgC2RZWVdaV/?mibextid=Nif5oz
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by Dancebreaker: 2:04pm On Mar 02
Capernum:
This name Eguavon is always funny to me. Anyways, we no dey chop name.
Funny to an ear that does not understand the meaning.

Is Eguavoen funnier than Paul Heckingbottom, manager of Sheffield United? grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin

Eguavoen alludes to the "bubbly and busy nature of a royal court/palace".

A name from the time that having many children in the house was considered wealth, including old age pension guarantee. cool cool
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by Omalicious1: 2:18pm On Mar 02
politicoNG:

Hope say una no go owe am? Lolz
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by duduade: 2:23pm On Mar 02
Angelfrost:
Interim is fine... Shouldn't be long term tho.

Hopefully he has learned from his past errors.

His foremost task should be recruitment of top and passionate players, especially in that Midfield.

That's if the likes of Kanu and Austin okocha do not influence his choices
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by Sleekfingers: 2:26pm On Mar 02
politicoNG:

😆😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

What a country
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by Laple0541(m): 2:27pm On Mar 02
Why this senseless Eguavon again? His incompetence cost us the World Cup the last time.

1 Like

Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by Azzik: 2:33pm On Mar 02
kingsways:
No, Eguavoen has failed before! The last time out after they sacked Gernot Rohr, he failed to qualify Nigeria for the World Cup. They want to play out the same scene again

They should have appointed Amunike. Amunike proved himself as a player, playing for Zamalek, Sporting Lisbon and Barcelona. He also proved himself as a coach when he took Osimhen, Chukwueze & Co to win the U17 World Cup, and then took lowly Tanzania to the Nations Cup.

Both as player and coach, Amunike stands above Eguavoen
NFF and politics are like 5&6
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by saddler: 2:36pm On Mar 02
Eastlink:
As old as your tribalist head is so you didn't see the point raised right? How long will the NFF continue to take us for a ride. Name the indigenous Nigerian coach that is currently better than Emmanuel Amuneke? If I was Amuneke, I'll tell the NFF to shove the job under their ass and go coach other organized African countries. His CV is too rated to be waiting on the corrupt NFF.

So you know better than NFF who decided to appoint Eguavoen instead of Amunike.
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by Emmanuel909090: 2:43pm On Mar 02
Why not appoint a young man.
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by Femako(m): 2:54pm On Mar 02
Foolish people
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by PencilBox: 2:57pm On Mar 02
Powersurge:
This looks demeaning.

This reminds me of my first job after graduation.

All my colleagues were master degree holder with 8-15 years experience in that field (though they were all thieves. Like 98% of Nigerians).

My former manager (an Indian man) has ND equivalent. He was paid in dollars ($2000 then). He's entitled to vacation to anywhere once a year with his family.

Meanwhile, my colleagues salary were ₦40,000-₦50,000.

After the Indian man left, they brought a fresh graduate (like myself) from India. He came as a management trainee (like myself), yet he was the Manager.

You can never be the best for the job in the eyes of Nigerians.

Same shit here in my job.
The Lebanese are in charge. Employed by a Nigerian to manage his business.
A fresh graduate from Lebanon is our manager.
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by bishopclin(m): 3:02pm On Mar 02
politicoNG:

What is wrong with making Finidi George the Technical Director? Is he not also qualified? At least he has been in the coaching crew and may have got a lot of experience
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by magzey: 3:11pm On Mar 02
Eguavon remained a failure in coaching Super Eagles grin
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by yemmywesey(m): 3:20pm On Mar 02
Nonsense
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by felixtare(m): 3:22pm On Mar 02
Not again cool
Why we like going round the circle in dis country
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by okerekingsley90: 3:33pm On Mar 02
SouthSouth1914:

Is there anything good that can come from Nigeria ?

The government don’t plan, the Nigerian government is as crazy as the Nigerian people. We as a country are a throwback to the days of slavery!

There is no lie here my brother. I don't blame the coach that resigned
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by Kinghenry1315: 3:35pm On Mar 02
Why did they have election in NFF why change the sport minister if you know you won't bring in any new idea or creativity different from your predecessor when you know you will still be rotating eguavon a coach that didn't know the Ghana team has changed formation in the one of the caf competition it was a player that told him amunike has proof himself on so many occasion that he is a good coach oliseh and finidi are not in amunike league give amunike the job for just one year and let us see what he will do they all claimed to love football they love their pocket more
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by SouthSouth1914: 3:38pm On Mar 02
okerekingsley90:

There is no lie here my brother. I don't blame the coach that resigned

Yes! It is still the same rhetoric! They will owe Iguavoen, and players too! They will go on strike etc. Then they will hire a permanent foreign coach and pay him in USD. Nigeria seems cursed from the pit of hell!
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by Mrtaye: 3:51pm On Mar 02
Agunesinjaweola:

All this grammar doesn't belong to Nigeria system my brother.
Is it on national interest the political system rejected Osinbajo for Tinubu

Tell me how on national interest is the reason how Equavon would be brought back after initial dissapointment for failing to qualify Nigeria for a major competition.
Na wah ooo
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by ShallongeV: 3:52pm On Mar 02
1 step fwd 10 steps backwards . Who else remember that song by Legend Bob Marley..
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by Nigeria1960: 3:53pm On Mar 02
Eguavon again! When will this NFF learn? This guy is out to ruin our world cup hope again! He is clueless about coaching.
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by kingsclass: 3:59pm On Mar 02
Why Eguevon? Upon all his disastrous record.
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by Exceed15: 4:00pm On Mar 02
He can deliver if he learns from his past mistakes.
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by doubleportion: 4:38pm On Mar 02
Extra tyre as usual grin
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by Bimpe29: 4:52pm On Mar 02
All the best Mr Augustine ☺️
Re: NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles by Ajigbaleogungun(m): 5:20pm On Mar 02
I pray he qualifies Nigeria for World Cup because of his previous negative record .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Local Boxer Knocks Out Opponent In Lagos (pics ,video) / PSG Wants Victor Osimhen To Replace Mbappe / Man Tries To Attack Messi In Ibiza Spain (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.