Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,621 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires (17778 Views)

Over 91 Million Bank Accounts At Risk Of Deactivation As CBN's BVN/NIN Deadline / Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April / Old Naira Notes: Nigerians Fear Massive Losses As Deadline Draws Near (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by Chibuzoripob: 12:57pm On Mar 02
sad one can honestly do it at home but u go FEAR FAKE WWW YAHOO BOYS.COM NGR.Make those boys nor go shayo with ur remaining balance
SQLmastar:
wink
Well, this exercise shouldn't lead to long queues within the banking hall, if the banks know their onions.

I was at Access Bank the other day and I witnessed a humongous crowd.

How about creating an online secured portal for all citizens to link BVN/NIN from the comfort of their homes? Rocket science? I don't think so.
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by TrackerSK: 1:01pm On Mar 02
Nah who get money for account they update am
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by Chicagograduate(m): 1:03pm On Mar 02
I used my BVN to enrolled for my NIN at NIMC centre.Why should I link my NIN to my BVN when I have done that during enrollment?
BigDawsNet:
Bvn is connected alrdy..

NiN serve same purpose as BVN...

Why stressing Nigerians
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by Oghene86: 1:04pm On Mar 02
Great100000:

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2024/03/02/bvn-nin-requirement-cbn-keeps-mum-as-deadline-expires/

Ok if I may understand this, its either BVN or NIN, I already have BVN in my account so I need not worry

1 Like

Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by sexiestharam(f): 1:06pm On Mar 02
I need clarity on this policy. Is it BVN OR NIN? Or is it BVN AND NIN?

1 Like

Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by nairalanda1(m): 1:08pm On Mar 02
Well, so far, nothing is happening

I did spend some hours on the line with the customer care of my main bank, and at the end of the call, the customer care officer was of the opinion that nothing was going to happen. That most people hadn't done nothing.

Still, accounts linked..
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by Emma1Oj(m): 1:11pm On Mar 02
SQLmastar:
wink
Well, this exercise shouldn't lead to long queues within the banking hall, if the banks know their onions.

How about creating an online secured portal for all citizens to link BVN/NIN from the comfort of their homes? Rocket science? I don't think so.
Pls ooo. Do you know how or where GTB is getting their technological systems from? It seems that bank is 50yrs mile ahead of other bank in Nigeria.

Wow..!! They are dam good.

I'm not a staff or has any relatives working with dem o.. but I give it to them
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by Emma1Oj(m): 1:15pm On Mar 02
Pls ooo. Who knows where GTB is getting their technological systems from? It seems that bank is 50yrs mile ahead to other bank in Nigeria. You don't even need to queue to get atm or same information from the banking hall. They have a machine outside that does all that instantly.

Wow..!! They are dam good.

I'm not a staff or has any relatives working with dem o.. but I give it to
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by LordIsaac(m): 1:17pm On Mar 02
AntiChristian:
I never get time go update sef!

Will they seize my change?
That’s because you are not on Tier-1. Your change is safe.
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by do4luv14(m): 1:18pm On Mar 02
BigDawsNet:
Bvn is connected alrdy..

Why stressing Nigerians

Sir I don't just understand this whole thing too,

is it BVN that banks had been giving their customers After opening an account, or is it that the NIN should be linked with BVN, if Yes

Then what about those who got their NIN through BVN
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by do4luv14(m): 1:19pm On Mar 02
LordIsaac:
That’s because you are not on Tier-1. Your change is safe.
How do one knows if He/She is in tier-1??
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by deltateam: 1:22pm On Mar 02
They don't want to touch the tiger's tail, believe me.

With the amount of hardship in the land, any attempt to add further hardship to the citizens may not be enjoyed.
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by TreasureJunky: 1:26pm On Mar 02
They have not stabilized Naira,, it is this one they want to do.
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by BreconHills(m): 1:27pm On Mar 02
Offpoint1:
Why do we need BVN and NIN? Why can't we use one for all?

By the ways...

Sportybet fans here is free 2 odds for you.

C2266EED

If e no enter, as for my location.

NIN will be the final one stop ID but BVN is being used for data triangulation.

1 Like

Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by nairalanda1(m): 1:29pm On Mar 02
do4luv14:

How do one knows if He/She is in tier-1??

You should ask your bank for details on that, but here is a brief definition from a website of a MFB.

Tier 1 accounts allow you daily transactions of N50,000 (yes, inflow and outflow) and the account can hold a total of N300,000.

Tier 2 accounts allow you daily transactions of N200,000 (that’s both inflow and outflow) and the account can hold a total of N500,000.

A Tier 3 account is the best place to be. It allows you daily transactions of N1,000,000 (you guessed it, that’s both inflow and outflow) and the account can hold a total of N1,000,000,000.
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by goody234: 1:32pm On Mar 02
Mandate1:
I actually saw the policy as a needless one, just stressing people. BVN yes, NIN of what need? Since it's already being used to upgrade account.

you see people cant read it says either of them not both serves no purpose
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by Calitoscassius(m): 1:43pm On Mar 02
ferhyntorlah:

Mr SQL, GOD bless you for your last paragraph.

It's like some banks just derive pleasure in stressing the populace.

I know UBA, GTB and Stanbic customers can do theirs online but First Bank and Access, SMH!
Because they want to make sure people are who they claim to be, rather thqn impersonting other people for fraudulent porposes. I guess.
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by YemyTemmy: 1:48pm On Mar 02
Imagine they blocked account of about 88.1Million people cos of yeye bvn/nin linkage, that woulda sparked the begining of the needed revolution
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by IPG25(m): 2:01pm On Mar 02
This law is affecting only the poor it's doesn't affect the elites, God will help the helpless in this country .
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by Elinosweet143(f): 2:18pm On Mar 02
Why won't they keep mute when their servers can not function well, una know say una no get the capability to stand heat yet una go bring policies wen una know say e no go work
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by onyxo76(m): 2:25pm On Mar 02
Someone will just wake up one morning just to find a way to stress Nigerians, tomorrow they will ask us to attach birth and marriage certificate.
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by IamAtAnger: 2:27pm On Mar 02
Can you even understand what you typed?... read it again and see if u can process what you typed.. Mtchewwww
Mcreloaded:
This one naira is stabilising and gaining against the dollars everyone is scared of rocking the boat.

Just know that phone lines will be disconnected some day.

Anything to .are the naira stronger even if it is to postpone the whole bvn and nin thing for as long as it takes and also not forgetting the reason for the bvn and nin in the first place , which is to check mate criminality
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by TrustNone: 2:28pm On Mar 02
GRACEGLORY:
Ok, tell them we shall respond as soon as they keep dad
grin

1 Like

Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by Maxtipulation(m): 2:37pm On Mar 02
Na pesin money wey dem go chop dem dey fine
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by NinjaMetahuman: 3:00pm On Mar 02
SQLmastar:
wink

those old banks and one useless bastard at Cbn are just useless.

The likes of opay, you do it seamessly on their app, all those old banks have apps too, why can't people do it there.

They are just trying to frustrate Nigerians again.

2 Likes

Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by deebrain(m): 3:16pm On Mar 02
Funny country.

Just to give you the feeling they are working to improve the security architecture of the country.

I'm yet to see the herdsman or bandit or terrorist caught using all these BVN Abi NIN....
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by do4luv14(m): 3:28pm On Mar 02
nairalanda1:

You should ask your bank for details on that, but here is a brief definition from a website of a MFB.

Am asking due to this BVN and NIN issues,
I had done my bvn since 2016, And I had even received msg f3om my bank about my aza being able to receive 1m,

but had not received any msg about tier I or 2 neither 3, The one I received is to link my Bvn with my NIN,

pls what about that
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by nairalanda1(m): 4:22pm On Mar 02
do4luv14:

Am asking due to this BVN and NIN issues,
I had done my bvn since 2016, And I had even received msg f3om my bank about my aza being able to receive 1m,

but had not received any msg about tier I or 2 neither 3, The one I received is to link my Bvn with my NIN,

pls what about that

Check your bank's website or contact them for how to link the nin with the bank account. Seems you got to do that
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by do4luv14(m): 4:28pm On Mar 02
nairalanda1:

Check your bank's website or contact them for how to link the nin with the bank account. Seems you got to do that

Yes,

will find out on Monday when they resume

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by adebankole74596: 5:21pm On Mar 02
Good initiative but later bcom catastrophe Ole ni gbogbo yinGood initiative but later bcom catastrophe Ole ni gbogbo yin...
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by BigDawsNet: 6:19pm On Mar 02
do4luv14:

Sir I don't just understand this whole thing too,

is it BVN that banks had been giving their customers After opening an account, or is it that the NIN should be linked with BVN, if Yes

Then what about those who got their NIN through BVN

The BvN associated with your account is required to be reconnect to your account

While

Your NIN needs to be connected to your account also...

Most customers don't hav NIN linked to dere account.

Some hav
Driver licence
International Passport
Voters card
Government work ID
as an identity for dia Bank

But now... the CBN said dey only want NIN which is the most powerful Nigeria Identification...
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by iswallker(m): 6:54pm On Mar 02
BigDawsNet:
Bvn is connected alrdy..

Why stressing Nigerians

BVN done by bank a private entity
BVN has never been listed as a form of identity in Nigeria.
NIN Issued by Federal Government

Why not just follow the simple instruction to have both submitted to bank.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

More Firms To Shut Down In 2021 - Manufacturers Association Of Nigeria (MAN) / Transportation Business In Lagos / Wrong Bank Transfer To Another Recipient Who Is To Blame

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.