Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,840 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires (17757 Views)

Over 91 Million Bank Accounts At Risk Of Deactivation As CBN's BVN/NIN Deadline / Banks Fear Rush As CBN Threatens To Bar Customers Without BVN, NIN By April / Old Naira Notes: Nigerians Fear Massive Losses As Deadline Draws Near (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by Great100000: 11:23am On Mar 02
The Central Bank of Nigeria has kept mum as the deadline for banks to restrict customers’ accounts without a Bank Verification Number or National Identity Number has expired.

DAILY POST recalls that CBN, in a notice on December 1 last year, signed by the Director of Payments System Management Department, Chibuzo Efobi and Director of Financial Policy and Regulation Department, Haruna Mustapha, asked banks to restrict tier-1 accounts or wallets without NIN or BVN.

“For all existing Tier-1 accounts/wallets without BVN or NIN: Effective immediately, any unfunded account/wallet shall be placed on ‘Post No Debit or Credit’ until the new process is satisfied.

“Effective March 1, 2024, all funded accounts or wallets shall be placed on ‘Post No Debit or Credit’, and no further transactions will be permitted. The BVN or NIN attached to and/or associated with all accounts/wallets must be electronically revalidated by January 31, 2024”, the statement partly reads.

However, CBN acting spokesperson, Hakama Sidi has yet to respond to calls from DAILY POST on Friday over the fate of banks’ customers without NIN or BVN.

Meanwhile, in a telephone interview with DAILY POST, the President of the Bank Customers Association of Nigeria, Dr Uju Ogubunka, appealed to CBN for a deadline extension.

According to him, though many accounts have NIN or BVN, there are still many without the requirement.

“At this point, the best thing for CBN to do is extend the deadline for bank customers to have their NIN or BVN”, he told DAILY POST.

A source who preferred anonymity in a tier-1 bank told DAILY POST that no customer account had been restricted owing to the NIN or BVN requirement.

“At the moment, no customers’ accounts have been restricted. Customers in the last three days have trooped in to update their account”, he said.

DAILY POST reported that bank customers were in a last-minute rush to meet the NIN and BVN requirement deadlines as they besieged their respective banks.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2024/03/02/bvn-nin-requirement-cbn-keeps-mum-as-deadline-expires/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by Mcreloaded(m): 11:45am On Mar 02
This one naira is stabilising and gaining against the dollars everyone is scared of rocking the boat.

Just know that phone lines will be disconnected some day.

Anything to .are the naira stronger even if it is to postpone the whole bvn and nin thing for as long as it takes and also not forgetting the reason for the bvn and nin in the first place , which is to check mate criminality
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by Offpoint1: 12:35pm On Mar 02
Why do we need BVN and NIN? Why can't we use one for all?

By the ways...

Sportybet fans here is free 2 odds for you.

C2266EED

If e no enter, as for my location.

20 Likes

Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by Heffalump(m): 12:35pm On Mar 02
Very directionless CBN!

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by Ibiblaze(m): 12:36pm On Mar 02
Ok,next post
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by SQLmastar(m): 12:36pm On Mar 02
wink
Well, this exercise shouldn't lead to long queues within the banking hall, if the banks know their onions.

I was at Access Bank the other day and I witnessed a humongous crowd.

How about creating an online secured portal for all citizens to link BVN/NIN from the comfort of their homes? Rocket science? I don't think so.

23 Likes

Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by iscom(m): 12:37pm On Mar 02
OK
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by saasala(m): 12:38pm On Mar 02
Yeye dey smell

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by ImoleNaija: 12:38pm On Mar 02
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by inoki247: 12:38pm On Mar 02
Lol I think all bank don find a way around that....

Even FCMB wey I no understand aw dey operate I see mail this morning to Link my NiN and na instantly he link as I follow the link from dem....

1 Like

Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by frankmoney(m): 12:41pm On Mar 02
Multiple verification every time. Either you use BVN or NIN

1 Like

Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by BigDawsNet: 12:41pm On Mar 02
Bvn is connected alrdy..

NiN serve same purpose as BVN...

Why stressing Nigerians

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by Ayobeck(m): 12:42pm On Mar 02
Good initiative but later bcom catastrophe
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by hosemujica: 12:42pm On Mar 02
Gullibility
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by Ayobeck(m): 12:42pm On Mar 02
Good initiative but later bcom catastrophe

Ole ni gbogbo yin

1 Like

Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by cezarman(m): 12:42pm On Mar 02
MOM kor, DAD Ni angry

My BVN is almost littered everywhere because of verification... They're still asking for NIN.

4 Likes

Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by bobbiiee: 12:43pm On Mar 02
Is it a challenge to harmonise all the platforms? Voter cards, National identity numbers, International passports, and Driver's licences.

Yet, each time i visit the bank they ask for NiN & BVN, though they have both.

A friend has MTN line for over 10 years and wanted to buy a mifi. They asked for his ID. He said it was not on him. He told them to check his details on their database, that is ID was submited and his biometics was captured. They told him that they can't sell the mifi unless he has an ID card. Because I have at least one ID on me every time, he bought it in my name.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by atobs4real(m): 12:43pm On Mar 02
They know better

They will definitely extend the deadline
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by streetshuttle(m): 12:44pm On Mar 02
Oponu.
Heffalump:
Very directionless CBN!
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by MEGA4BILLION(m): 12:46pm On Mar 02
Confused system.
Soon they will introduce NPC number and ask to be linked to other platforms. Just to increase suffering among the masses.

4 Likes

Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by kuntash: 12:47pm On Mar 02
Mcreloaded:
This one naira is stabilising and gaining against the dollars everyone is scared of rocking the boat.

Just know that phone lines will be disconnected some day.

Anything to .are the naira stronger even if it is to postpone the whole bvn and nin thing for as long as it takes and also not forgetting the reason for the bvn and nin in the first place , which is to check mate criminality

Maybe it's to edit what you posted ...

Not clear

Just try and reload

1 Like

Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by Funkyswagzz(m): 12:47pm On Mar 02
They can never block peoples account no matter what

2 Likes

Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by Rahkman: 12:47pm On Mar 02
Tinubu just sit down appoint morons into him useless government na now I dey even see buhari as an intellectual

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by ibrocool(m): 12:48pm On Mar 02
I hope they won't introduce another thing in the future for us to register or get restricted. Wahala no go finish for this country.
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by jiz: 12:49pm On Mar 02
I don't know if the finger prints and face captured by BVN is different from NIN?
Useless banks always looking for ways to loot hard earnings of Nigerians
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:50pm On Mar 02
SQLmastar:
wink
Well, this exercise shouldn't lead to long queues within the banking hall, if the banks know their onions.

I was at Access Bank the other day and I witnessed a humongous crowd.

How about creating an online secured portal for all citizens to link BVN/NIN from the comfort of their homes? Rocket science? I don't think so.

Mr SQL, GOD bless you for your last paragraph.

It's like some banks just derive pleasure in stressing the populace.

I know UBA, GTB and Stanbic customers can do theirs online but First Bank and Access, SMH!

1 Like

Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by Zupay: 12:50pm On Mar 02
BigDawsNet:
Bvn is connected alrdy..

Why stressing Nigerians

I see no difference!
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by GRACEGLORY: 12:51pm On Mar 02
Ok, tell them we shall respond as soon as they keep dad

3 Likes

Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by Chibuzoripob: 12:52pm On Mar 02
angry they beta nor try nonsense sha make Amadioha nor strike them 😒 😑 🙄 sad
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by Mandate1: 12:56pm On Mar 02
BigDawsNet:
Bvn is connected alrdy..

Why stressing Nigerians
I actually saw the policy as a needless one, just stressing people. BVN yes, NIN of what need? Since it's already being used to upgrade account.
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by mbahdi(m): 12:57pm On Mar 02
Useless confused cbn
Re: BVN, NIN Requirement: CBN Keeps Mum As Deadline Expires by AntiChristian: 12:57pm On Mar 02
I never get time go update sef!

Will they seize my change?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N193 Billion Intervention Loans Declared Lost By CBN / The Richest Men In Africa? / NLNG Panics As US, Australia Enter Gas Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.