Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,191 members, 7,953,684 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:10 PM

Do U Read Your Bible At Work Or School. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do U Read Your Bible At Work Or School. (946 Views)

How To Make The Most Benefit Of Your Bible Reading / Why You Place Your Bible So Close To You On The Bed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do U Read Your Bible At Work Or School. by damoche07(m): 12:55pm On Sep 19, 2007
Just wandering how neccesary it is to read my bible at work.Which is better?The hard copy or a soft copy on my PC?any other suggestions?
Re: Do U Read Your Bible At Work Or School. by pilgrim1(f): 1:09pm On Sep 19, 2007
Well, it all depends. If it's a mater of choice or preferences, there's no single best way to read and enjoy the Bible - because preferences differ with individuals.

For me, I enjoy reading the hard copy Bible - usually at home or some place where I can get all the peace and quiet. That way, I can be more relaxed with minimum distractions, reflect deeper, catch the gist quicker, ask questions to inspire further reading, and then mark verses that catch my attention in any passage.

I'm also fortunate to have been assigned a PC in my office with no hassles to do a few things for relaxation - such as listen to music online, or search out some interesting stuff on the net (as long as doing so does not "negatively impact" my work). Sometimes I do some IT quiz test when I'm less busy. . . and also read a few passages from the Bible software I downloaded to my PC.

Besides that, when I take a short holiday for the weekend and drive to the countryside, I enjoy listening to audio Bible. Lol, no - I don't take my eyes off the road or become so enraptured in the audio to forget what I'm doing behind the wheels. Sometimes I just join in reading along as the audio plays - just for the fun of checking out how well I'm catching up on my 'Scripture-memorizing' exercise.

I'll just say each person enjoys reading the Bible in ways that they find best suited to their suitation.

Cheers. wink
Re: Do U Read Your Bible At Work Or School. by ssRhino: 1:21pm On Sep 19, 2007
I dont think it does matter when and how u read ur bible, what matter is you reading the bible, God will not tell you to read your bible while u ought to be working, cos as a good christian, that is not a good example, cos the coy isnt paying you to be reading the bible, however, reading while on break is no bad idea too, Just read, and not just for reading sake, but apply what is read and you will be blessed.
Re: Do U Read Your Bible At Work Or School. by MP007(m): 8:36am On Sep 20, 2007
I dont? why ?
Re: Do U Read Your Bible At Work Or School. by cgift(m): 8:56am On Sep 20, 2007
Well, more often that not, debates on this forum gets me searching and doing some deep analysis.
Re: Do U Read Your Bible At Work Or School. by analyt82(f): 5:59pm On Sep 20, 2007
I have a couple of bible's so, I keep one at work in my desk, 2 in my car and a couple in my house. I always try to keep a bible with me ;Db/c you never know when you'll need it. Also, if we are in a spiritual battle everyday for our souls, it's good to always have your SWORD with you. grin
Re: Do U Read Your Bible At Work Or School. by pilgrim1(f): 6:17pm On Sep 20, 2007
analyt82:

Also, if we are in a spiritual battle everyday for our souls, it's good to always have your SWORD with you. grin

Hehe. . . nice one. . . very nice! grin

(1) (Reply)

Sarasutenseti Responds To Pat Roberson! Wish Death On Him / More Than 10000 People Displaced In Jos And Bukuru Metropolis Religious Crises. / Five Ways God Speaks To Us: Hearing The Voice Of God In Our Daily Lives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.