Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,228 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Super Eagles: Why Jose Peseiro, NFF Parted Ways - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles: Why Jose Peseiro, NFF Parted Ways (23857 Views)

We’re Not Happy, No Money To Sack Peseiro – NFF Speaks On 1-1 Draw With Zimbabwe / NFF Appoints Jose Peseiro As Super Eagles New Coach / Super Eagles: Why I Turned Down Advice From NFF Officials – Rohr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles: Why Jose Peseiro, NFF Parted Ways by Amotolongbo(f): 10:55pm On Mar 02
jieta:
No apologize, I think buhari was right when he said women belong to the kitchen and the other room.
You could have said Buhari was Buhari was right on your mother
Re: Super Eagles: Why Jose Peseiro, NFF Parted Ways by esivue007(m): 11:48pm On Mar 02
This man na thief o!

See d way I screamed!

120... what??
Re: Super Eagles: Why Jose Peseiro, NFF Parted Ways by MEGAWATCH: 11:54pm On Mar 02
Malroux:
My fear with local coaches is that they work with fear and favor. He who pays the piper dictates the tune. A foreign coach can never be intimidated by anyone.

I don't believe that intimidation is the problem of local couches.

The problem is with our FA, the money you always see they claim to pay this foreign couches are not even close to what they pay them.

They go into deals with them but local couches will never earn such money and so they will never make big kickback money for them.

So why bringing them on?
Re: Super Eagles: Why Jose Peseiro, NFF Parted Ways by Ekaka14: 1:48am On Mar 03
sirjoggy:
Augustine eguanvoen will do better
Una don start with "Augustine Eguavoen will do better" no be say after 2 matches now story go begin change o...go and look at his checkered history with the SE first...I hope his interim assignment won't lead us down the ladder...I really pray he can bring something different from his previous records
Re: Super Eagles: Why Jose Peseiro, NFF Parted Ways by aestake: 1:49am On Mar 03
RainMoreDFARMS:
You dey mind am.
I wonder if Nigeria winning the AFCON would have added anything to his wellbeing. Win or lose, those player raked in millions for themselves.
I tell ya. To deceive Nigerians no hard.
Re: Super Eagles: Why Jose Peseiro, NFF Parted Ways by Magicdon(m): 3:34am On Mar 03
henrimoto:
He came up with that request because other football National teams wants his services.

Algeria FA.. dey look for am.

And you think Algeria will fold their hands and watch him play defensive tactics and cause them BP? The will kick his ass
Re: Super Eagles: Why Jose Peseiro, NFF Parted Ways by Powersurge: 4:44am On Mar 03
Amotolongbo:
How many times do super eagles play matches in a month that he will be paid that kind of money monthly?
In a year, super eagles may not play more than 5times and he will still be paid for the months which he did nothing

He knows his worth.

NFF will be negotiating ₦3m for a local coach.

Meanwhile, they were wiping Paseiro's ass with ₦75m monthly.

What stops NFF from paying a local coach $40k?

It's simple, we see our own as worthless.
Re: Super Eagles: Why Jose Peseiro, NFF Parted Ways by Princezibk: 4:50am On Mar 03
This Man is heartless 😩

Make we kuku sell the National team then
Re: Super Eagles: Why Jose Peseiro, NFF Parted Ways by rexesq(m): 5:47am On Mar 03
For the love of the game of soccer, I write.

But looking at the sim involved when an average Nigerian with all his family inclusive of extended family, working for the government for 35 years cannot earn up to what he wants to be earning in a month.

I study wrong career? Make everyone become couch.

Abeg them don repair that fans bus? I just deh ask to know something...

Cuz I deh vex right now. Which kind thing? Ehn? Na what bu dis? 120k dollars!

How much does the game bring for Nigeria. We pay that amount for what?

See, make I no just talk something now.
Re: Super Eagles: Why Jose Peseiro, NFF Parted Ways by Impecca(m): 6:08am On Mar 03
ImoleNaija:
You say what?
How did u guys convert? Pls show me how I normally check it
Re: Super Eagles: Why Jose Peseiro, NFF Parted Ways by livebullet(m): 6:12am On Mar 03
Pay a Nigerian Coach N20m monthly and we will be fine... $120k dollar on top wetin? Say the Portuguese dog go bring us worl cup? Abeg mAh yeh word... We can't continue to drain this country like this .. we never even talk of the billions NFF management go embezzle
Re: Super Eagles: Why Jose Peseiro, NFF Parted Ways by MentalCase98: 7:52am On Mar 03
Wow! $50,000 per month is $600k per year. And he wanted over X2 of that. All to continue playing that useless football we saw at AFCON? No please.
Re: Super Eagles: Why Jose Peseiro, NFF Parted Ways by Charly68: 8:55am On Mar 03
[quote author=GanagiBitrus post=128741463]$120,000 = ₦180m per month for S/Eagles to be playing boring football like we saw in AFCON.
Abeg make the man dey go. 👋
- He should go and try his luck somewhere else and I bet he can't find a tolerant nation like Nigeria . We endured his non performance for long. God just helped him not to leave in disgrace through the AFCON game. The game too get as e be ..

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: Why Jose Peseiro, NFF Parted Ways by yinkeys(m): 11:07am On Mar 03
NFF doesn’t have money to pay him $100k
The guy boosted his cv with Nigeria
He didn’t do much tactics wise besides the shift to 3-4-3
Nigeria has used 3-5-2 before in 2018 World Cup
He did so well because the players were determined to get to the Afcon final
Ndidi said they’ve been talking to themselves since the sad r16 boot at Afcon 2021 to get to the final.
A final guarantees a medal
Why can’t they just place Emmanuel Amunike on a $50,000 salary and allow him get Nigeria back to its glory days.
The inferiority complex in Africa is ridiculous, take a cue from Ivory Coast former white coach and then Fae the home based coach who got them the trophy. Check out the pay gap.
At least he would have a glance at our local league much better than any foreign based coach would.
The last 2 coaches to win Afcon are home grown
The few home based players called would be used where quality is missing in the team.
Peseiro was probably on $50k salary, I hear he wanted $100,000 since he’s got new offers from North Africa. He might flop there like he flopped everywhere else. Nigeria has a decent pool of talent.
In terms of recruiting players, whoever is in charge should follow Keshi’s model
Start following home based games & build from home.
You can’t tell me you won’t find quality in any home based players
Groom them till the foreign based join the team.
If not for NFF intervention and suggesting Nwabali to Peseiro he’d still use the Cyprus based Uzoho till today
I hope the new coach avoids selection errors. Personnel errors cost us the 2022 World Cup and Afcon 2021 early exist. Pick by merit & desire levels not by Europe based

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles: Why Jose Peseiro, NFF Parted Ways by ImoleNaija: 11:33am On Mar 03
Impecca:

How did u guys convert? Pls show me how I normally check it

It's nothing hard. Just google 'dollar to naira'. It will bring up the page where you can enter the values.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles: Why Jose Peseiro, NFF Parted Ways by PepeXKermit: 11:42am On Mar 03
Amotolongbo:
See this thing talking.

I bet you won’t even have the audacity to open your mouth to talk where I’m talking football

Who d f are you and what makes you think you are worth any iota of value? grin
Re: Super Eagles: Why Jose Peseiro, NFF Parted Ways by oladosu59996: 12:09pm On Mar 03
He has triedBut the truth is Amunike can do better if given the free handHe has triedBut the truth is Amunike can do better if given the free hand...
Re: Super Eagles: Why Jose Peseiro, NFF Parted Ways by Amotolongbo(f): 2:33pm On Mar 03
PepeXKermit:

Who d f are you and what makes you think you are worth any iota of value? grin
Ta lo n gun iya ti aja n jo?
Re: Super Eagles: Why Jose Peseiro, NFF Parted Ways by K4diamond: 6:31pm On Mar 03
robosky02:
He has tried

But the truth is Amunike can do better if given the free hand
I have heard from different quarters that Amunike can do better, to the best of my knowledge, he had only managed two national teams Golden Eaglet and Tanzania, then later an assistant to Eguavoen that failed to qualify for the last world cup. Maybe there is something I am missing about him.
Re: Super Eagles: Why Jose Peseiro, NFF Parted Ways by Love800(m): 6:41pm On Mar 03
What are u trying to say?
Are u saying dat when there is no tournament taking place, he is still paid?
Amotolongbo:
How many times do super eagles play matches in a month that he will be paid that kind of money monthly?
In a year, super eagles may not play more than 5times and he will still be paid for the months which he did nothing
Re: Super Eagles: Why Jose Peseiro, NFF Parted Ways by Love800(m): 6:45pm On Mar 03
She was saying dat a coach is paid even when the players are not in action. Is that true?
jieta:
No apologize, I think buhari was right when he said women belong to the kitchen and the other room.
Re: Super Eagles: Why Jose Peseiro, NFF Parted Ways by abbiboy: 7:34pm On Mar 03
Judolisco:
D man Don go... Look for another coach all dis shaleye no concern us.... D funny stuff is dat if we hire a Nigerian now... We might not pay him up to even 50k oh.... I was sad when I heard nff were owing late Stephen keshi
Because the welfare of your country is of no concern to an avg Nigerian the reason nff treat local coaches as cabbage.
Re: Super Eagles: Why Jose Peseiro, NFF Parted Ways by abbiboy: 7:36pm On Mar 03
Waste of $$$ with God abeg oo matches. Give siasia such una say no... This fifa suspension pain me.
Re: Super Eagles: Why Jose Peseiro, NFF Parted Ways by sunnyprof: 9:45am On Mar 04
pay nigerian coach NGN10m monthly and take care of all official expenses (office, travels etc.), HE WILL DO WONDERS!
Re: Super Eagles: Why Jose Peseiro, NFF Parted Ways by Tesenak20: 2:14pm On Mar 04
TOPCRUISE:

Local coach will go for a player in turkey israel Denmark or Cyprus when we have a quality player in same position in Laliga, serie A, or premier league.
Local coach don't think outside the box. If 4-4-2 formation did not work, he will still stay on to that 4-4-2 rather than switching to 5-3-2, 5-4-1 or 4-3-3, or other creative formation till they sack him and will be blaming the players.
When it's time to defend that is when they will tell their players to attack.
That is why I don't want them.

False information.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ganduje Reopens Football Viewing Centres In Kano / Super Eagles Team Arrives Kaduna (photos) / 'NFF & Sports Ministry Sold Tickets Meant For Nigerians To Argentines & Iceland'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.