Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,525 members, 7,812,638 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 (24982 Views)

Ogun Poly Student Commits Suicide After Losing His Tuition Fee To Gambling / Lagos State University (LASU) Tuition Fee To Be Reduced / Do I Stand A Chance Of Studying Law With A Jamb Aggregate Of 266? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by Burob: 1:03pm On Mar 03
Nwaotu10:
Watch out, Agbadorians will be like ;
It's still cheap. Ghanaians are paying #650, 000 for the said exam. grin
Why bring it to our attention, if no be guilty conscience dey worry you?
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by Burob: 1:05pm On Mar 03
spacechuks:
How is the exchang rate affecting IELTS

Well, I hope when the exchange rate goes down, all these arbitrary price increase will also come down

Why is Tinubu wicked like this, look at what he has put us into, people can no longer build houses, people can no longer feed,
Please Shut up.
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by CommonSense1967: 1:08pm On Mar 03
strangest:
His Excellency Ahmed Tinubu (HEAT)

grin grin

I guess Tinubu is also the reason why the prices of food and everything have gone up in the UK and the US.
Tinubu is also the reason for your past 20-year miserable low life. Yeah
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by Multiversed: 1:10pm On Mar 03
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by just2endowed: 1:21pm On Mar 03
Why can't they turn everything to computer base test to eliminate logistics cost? They are just milking Nigerians dry.
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by just2endowed: 1:22pm On Mar 03
CommonSense1967:

I guess Tinubu is also the reason why the prices of food and everything have gone up in the UK and the US.

I will agree to your argument but is it not same tinubu that has accepted responsibility in the economic woes if the nation?
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by AntiTerrorist: 1:27pm On Mar 03
RichDad1:

Or that the certificate expires and you have pay to undergo another test.
Or you pass the test, get to the embassy only to be denied visa for no reason. I don't blame them but the human animals we have as leaders.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by obaidan: 1:33pm On Mar 03
post=128749841:
This Is Too Much Na.

Only Almighty God Will Surly See US Through.
It is really your votes that will see you through.
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by Coldie(m): 1:36pm On Mar 03
As at 2020 it was 50k. 2024 it’s times 6
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by superintendents(m): 1:37pm On Mar 03
Coldie:
OK..

✌️
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by obaidan: 1:40pm On Mar 03
You people shouting it is too much. You voted your emilokan, price of everything doubled, tripled in some cases. Who do you think will pay for increase in the price of fuel, rent, salary of staff, utility and other cost of conducting the exam that the exam organizing body will have to deal with.
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by Uchemus(m): 1:42pm On Mar 03
qanda:
This is really tough. One will wonder why Nigerians should write a test of English exam in the first instance.

Can't the Nigerian government make a case...in the end, to Japa is by choice.

After paying such an amount, e no go good to fail the test o.

Individuals preparing to sit for the exam should prepare well biko.

IELTS exam preparation ebooks and Videos are available for FREE on Q and A App

Install Q and A App from Playstore
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tolu.qanda

Govt should make a case? Lol.. have you heard your president speak?
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by obaidan: 1:47pm On Mar 03
Coldie:
As at 2020 dollar was 350 now its dancing around 1600. Meanwhile IELTS was much more than 50k in 2020, so if it's times 3 today, that is even generous of the body conducting the exam. Nigerians should understand that votes have consequences. Na urself u dey do. Vote right and also endeavor to take it upon yourself to convince one dullard to also vote right
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by spacechuks(m): 1:53pm On Mar 03
Burob:
Please Shut up.

You kid ,shut up ,

What do you know, have you built house in your life before.
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by strangest(m): 1:53pm On Mar 03
CommonSense1967:

May your life and future be as beautiful as Tinubu's governance. AMEN!!!
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by CommonSense1967: 2:27pm On Mar 03
strangest:

May your life and future be as beautiful as Tinubu's governance. AMEN!!!

May your life be as miserable and worthless as 8 years of Obi the Agulu packaged fraud Governorship of Anambra State. Big 🙏
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by RisenObinna: 3:01pm On Mar 03
MT:
Are people still writing this exam?

So demeaning to a country that has English-taught courses throughout its lifetime.

What percentage of English people can pass this exam themselves?

But they realise how appealing their countries have become to Africans, so they get away with everything, knowing that our Government can not make a diplomatic case on behalf of her citizens.

This is simply a way for western nations to make more money out of Africans, majorly.
Seriously, nothing can cause me to take this exam, nothing. This is exploitation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by DavidEsq(m): 3:02pm On Mar 03
SKYHIGHfx:
We are still a slave to the west, we need to stop all this tribal bashing and come together to build a formidable nation, yes we can
Dey play. U don't seem.to understand that those who are supposed to be at the helm of such coming together are themselves ensconced in the worst expression of tribalism. Didn't the last election teach u anything? I doubt because a typical Nigerian doesn't learn.
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by sylve11: 3:04pm On Mar 03
strangest:
His Excellency Ahmed Tinubu (HEAT)

grin grin

😆 🤣 cool
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by RisenObinna: 3:07pm On Mar 03
Nwaotu10:
This has nothing to do with Tinubu. The exploitation has been before Tinubu.

IELTS should be scrapped for Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by kelvindj98: 3:08pm On Mar 03
Nigerians love slavery. Imagine paying that amount to be cleaning white yansh.
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by madjune(m): 3:30pm On Mar 03
When I say Nugeria has no government, some might think I'm too pessimistic.

Wasn't it this same exam, routinely conducted at the National Arts theater, surulere back in the day that I paid N25,000 to take?

That's like 2008.

Why are they charging this crazy fee and the Nigerian govt acts like it can't do anything about it?

Sad.
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by membranus: 3:39pm On Mar 03
Sayvick:
Excuse me sir.

Is the test for employment?

Both for employment and study purposes abroad.
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by NwaliE01: 3:50pm On Mar 03
It's still very cheap in Nigeria. It's about $443 in Australia ie about N449,645. It's well with Nigeria. We're truly passing through a hard time.
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by nedekid: 3:57pm On Mar 03
Nwaotu10:
Lolz, something that was about 36k few years back.
APC, spreading poverty spreading party.
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by rafcrown(m): 4:48pm On Mar 03
Political leaders have no mercy for the masses.
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by chinchum(m): 5:25pm On Mar 03
Dalohad:
British scammers.

Ensure you get a letter of English proficiency from your School Faculty or Department after you graduate and use it in your school or migration applications. Where that is not applicable, write PTE, TOEFL or Duolingo. They are cheaper. I want to see this criminal IELTS scammers lose money.

Nigeria is a Commonwealth country. English has remained the official language of ways and means of interaction and business for 100 years. We should not be writing these exams which are purely meant to swindle hapless and desperate Nigerians seeking greener pastures.

I wrote it once in 2016 and got a band 8 in almost all criteria and never used it. It has since expired while I have gone on to acquire a Master's degree. It cost me only N10,000 to get a letter of English proficiency from my Department. I will NEVER pay for IELTS again. I will be facing my US applications. The UK and Canada are not on my list.
who ever collected #10,000 to write a letter of English proficiency in your college dept. is also a scammer.

We are no different than the people whe accuse.
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by micxwell(m): 5:30pm On Mar 03
KaptainAfrika:
Kuku do PTE or CELPIP though this one is only in Lagos.
What's the cost of CELPIP presently?
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by PastorOlokonla: 5:51pm On Mar 03
MT:
Are people still writing this exam?

So demeaning to a country that has English-taught courses throughout its lifetime.

What percentage of English people can pass this exam themselves?

But they realise how appealing their countries have become to Africans, so they get away with everything, knowing that our Government can not make a diplomatic case on behalf of her citizens.

This is simply a way for western nations to make more money out of Africans, majorly.

Were you forced to write?

1 Like

Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by Dalohad: 6:12pm On Mar 03
chinchum:
who ever collected #10,000 to write a letter of English proficiency in your college dept. is also a scammer.

We are no different than the people whe accuse.

Ok. Wait until they make it N50,000. Or better still, go write IELTS with your 280k. Some faculties are giving it out for free, but I do not think it will be for long.

Go to the University Senate and tell them to make it free in all faculties and department. That's the right way to start.
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by CorrectionFLuid: 6:16pm On Mar 03
SalamRushdie:
It high time the govt step into this IELTs exploitation..why will you be paying so much to prove to someone you speak English when Nigeria is a known Anglophone country

It's purely a money making scheme by these countries, after all people going to Germany, Russia, etc, they don't get asked to take exams to prove they can speak Russian, or German.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

University Of Uyo Cult Clash: One Killed; Students Ordered To Vacate Hostels / Anambra Takes First Position In Schools Debate / Can I Still Go Back To School At 23?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.