Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,813 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 (25013 Views)

Ogun Poly Student Commits Suicide After Losing His Tuition Fee To Gambling / Lagos State University (LASU) Tuition Fee To Be Reduced / Do I Stand A Chance Of Studying Law With A Jamb Aggregate Of 266? (2) (3) (4)

Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by bluefilm: 6:35pm On Mar 03
What nonsense!?
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by chinchum(m): 7:27pm On Mar 03
Dalohad:

Ok. Wait until they make it N50,000. Or better still, go write IELTS with your 280k. Some faculties are giving it out for free, but I do not think it will be for long.

Go to the University Senate and tell them to make it free in all faculties and department. That's the right way to start.
Start your complaint from there. #50,000 to write a template letter is greed. Don't be surprised it is now 100,000.
Less than 12 months ago IELTS was less than #100,000
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by subcbouy: 8:14pm On Mar 03
British has been scamming us for ages but we haven't learned any lesson.
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by Cmanforall: 8:38pm On Mar 03
onyxo76:
to finally escape from this country via student route go cost one nothing less than 40m. ielts thar my colleague still wrote last week at 113k, na wah o

It used to be 30k, I think. Then 75 or so...
Just going up
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by Jeje247: 9:05pm On Mar 03
SalamRushdie:
It high time the govt step into this IELTs exploitation..why will you be paying so much to prove to someone you speak English when Nigeria is a known Anglophone country
Lol...so the government will go and negotiate...to plead for price reduction so that its own people would be able to leave. Very embarrassing thing to ask for.

Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by crossbreedwears(m): 9:22pm On Mar 03
English has alwahs been difficult than maths from day one
MagicalConcepts:
Ahhhhh, se kama japa mo ni?
Ikunle äbiyamo o!
Last year it was N120K to N150K.
Yet some people are failing the exam. That IELTS Academics na hin hard pass!
I v never seen where English hard pass maths & physics, na inside IELTS. You go dey read passage like say na Hebrew them take write am. The sweetest is the listening 🎧. You listen 👂 well and you get the passage. You lose concentration and owo ti jona, your money don burn!
If you are a fictional writer or a good lier with fabricated stories, writing & speaking won't be your problem. Good cheats go sabi do speaking well.
IELTS has four parts
1. Listening
2. Reading
3. Writing
4. Speaking.
All the best to all writing it this year and beyond as they aspire to japa from Sapaland!

Meanwhile, we sell lovely Adire Kampala Fabrics. Patronize us. See our profile, see signature.

Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by crossbreedwears(m): 9:24pm On Mar 03
I would rathwr start up a busines with the 40m than using it to japa. There are few business that someone can venture into and still survive. As a single man, 40m is okay but if you've family then i can't say oh
onyxo76:
to finally escape from this country via student route go cost one nothing less than 40m. ielts thar my colleague still wrote last week at 113k, na wah o
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by NameInUse(f): 9:48pm On Mar 03
What!!!
That's ridiculous much.
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by enemyofprogress: 10:29pm On Mar 03
Na wa o. I must not fail o

If you dey follow us go UK through desert today abeg na around 9:30pm we dey comot fa 🤷🤷👌
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by olutokeayodele(m): 11:01pm On Mar 03
This is daylight exploitation. The government should regulate them or even cancel them.
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by YoshihideSuga: 11:10pm On Mar 03
CorrectionFLuid:

It's purely a money making scheme by these countries, after all people going to Germany, Russia, etc, they don't get asked to take exams to prove they can speak Russian, or German.

Because the language of instruction in universities in those countries aren't in Russian and German, but in English.

You see, this is one of the reasons Nigerians MUST continue to write IELTS whether they like it or not!
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by philos(m): 11:32pm On Mar 03
One of the consequences of this price hike is the possibility of what I recently heard as a rumour.
That people can get the IELTS results, without physically taking the Test.
This hasn't been confirmed though.

But imagine paying such amount of money, only for one not to get the desired band score.

However, this can be avoided if one enrolls in an IELTS Tutorials that guarantees success.
We who have aced the Test can be a good guide.

Contact us now and you'll not regret it. Distance is NOT a barrier:
veritastutorials@gmail.com
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by Abee79(m): 11:50pm On Mar 03
This is one stupìd policy I would never understand. English is Nigeria's official language. Our academic certification is issued in English at all levels. Then we are subjected to write an exam to prove we speak English? To add insult upon injury, you might fail. Even if you pass, the result is valid only for a limited period of time. If you need it after it expires, you'd have to write it again and again . . . SCAM!
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by LordPherule(m): 4:59am On Mar 04
maak400:

https://www.britishcouncil.org.ng/exam/ielts/book-test

Not compulsory to japa, but necessarily needed to japa.
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by Badca81: 10:25am On Mar 04
Love800:
Duolingo na app na!
Wetin you dey yarn?

Some universities accept it now . Google and check
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by OvertheTop(m): 1:37pm On Mar 04
HORLADY:
Who go go go still go.
What justification do they have for the increment?
Just the law of the higher the demand, the higher price I guess. Smh

Fuel don Cost....
Fuel to Carry Transport the exam Questions from UK to Nigeria through the Internet Link DON COST grin
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by Love800(m): 1:24pm On Mar 05
[b][/b]alright
Badca81:

Some universities accept it now . Google and check
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by KaptainAfrika: 2:25pm On Mar 05
micxwell:
What's the cost of CELPIP presently?
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by micxwell(m): 4:40pm On Mar 05
KaptainAfrika:
Booking a closer date is the problem now
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by Johnwrite(m): 7:09am On Mar 10
I go use am start business one time
Re: IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 by Solomondwriter: 7:44am On Mar 10
I better the money start up business

Anambra Takes First Position In Schools Debate / I Feel Ashamed Nigerian Professors Earn Less Than $1000 A Month - TETFund Boss / University Student Praying On Roof Before Exam (pix)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66