Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,561 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

So Hitv Cannot Air Champions League - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / So Hitv Cannot Air Champions League (1425 Views)

Animax Tv (a 24hrs Anime Channel Launches On Hitv) / Hitv Gives Out 100,000 Free Decoders To Nigerians / Hitv & It's Relevance In The Nigerian Broadcast Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So Hitv Cannot Air Champions League by sniperwolf(m): 1:21pm On Sep 19, 2007
It is a shame to know that Hitv cannot air the biggest football series in Europe (Champions League) and they still expect Nigeria to pay to watch there repeated advertisement. Please If there are any staff of that company tell them that I'm going right away to destroy my decoder and everything cos it is not worth it. From N3000 mothly subscription to N4000, yet no improvement in the service they are rendering.

I'm going to get back my DSTV: so much more
HITV Sucks!!!!
DSTV is the detonator!!!!

HiTv Nigerians want to patronise you but you are messing things up
Re: So Hitv Cannot Air Champions League by urfriend(m): 9:35pm On Oct 01, 2007
look pls let give hitv more time.there are coming with more channels soon.5 new channels from fox,i.e news,documentry,music,movies,etc.
the champions league rights will be ready for bidding from next year,including the fa cup.but hitv has uefa cup,nba.
Re: So Hitv Cannot Air Champions League by niyi09(m): 4:25pm On Oct 22, 2007
there is no probability that hitv wil win the rights to uefa champions league because dstv is not sleeping.it would be difficult for hitv to even win the rights after this one exppires because dstv is going to put much money.lets wait and see
Re: So Hitv Cannot Air Champions League by urfriend(m): 9:34pm On Oct 23, 2007
see we shall see.my the way the champions league is owned my espn for africa,they in turn re-sold some to dstv.the right plus that of the fa cup ends this season.bidding will soon begin.dstv more to worry then hitv because gtv,and 4 other big operators will also be bidding for it.it's not all about the money,but ur bidding ability.can dstv buy every rights.well time shall tell.watch out for the nba this october 30th and nation cup jan -feb live on hitv.
Re: So Hitv Cannot Air Champions League by niyi09(m): 12:31pm On Oct 24, 2007
hitv cannot smell champions league rights,even they cannot even be able to retain the premiership bid they have now.dstv is planning big.wait and see
Re: So Hitv Cannot Air Champions League by damoche07(m): 5:01pm On Oct 24, 2007
@urfriend.

Is the champions league right for Africa or for Nigeria and each countries?
Is it going to sold in a bloc or in a premiership format?
Who are the four operators involved?

It would be tough battle cos if DSTV loses that right and HITV can stabilise technically,bye bye to DSTV.

Lest i 4get,it seems u know HITV well,abeg,tell them to improve o cos am tired of defending HITV against its 'enemies'.
Re: So Hitv Cannot Air Champions League by sniperwolf(m): 12:54pm On Nov 26, 2008
What da Bleep is wrong with HiTv? I only put the cable on during weekends
Re: So Hitv Cannot Air Champions League by donaremu(m): 1:47pm On Nov 26, 2008
Hey,

HiTV has added Setanta Africa which i think shows one champion league match. cool
Re: So Hitv Cannot Air Champions League by urfriend(m): 2:01pm On Nov 26, 2008
hi all,

please note that the HiTV UEFA Champions League starts from august 2009.Hitv never told any one that it will start this season,so please wait till august next year,that is when it starts.
Re: So Hitv Cannot Air Champions League by niyi09(m): 2:31pm On Nov 26, 2008
@ urfriend
what happened to the 5 channels from fox, i think that deal did not work out or what?
Re: So Hitv Cannot Air Champions League by urfriend(m): 4:48pm On Nov 26, 2008
hi niyi09,
with time i will let you guys know.
Re: So Hitv Cannot Air Champions League by Nobody: 3:17pm On Nov 27, 2008
urfriend:

look please let give hitv more time.there are coming with more channels soon.5 new channels from fox,i.e news,documentry,music,movies,etc.
the champions league rights will be ready for bidding from next year,including the fa cup.but hitv has uefa cup,nba.

They've been out for over a year,and haven't improved on every other angle,not just sports.How much longer will we wait for their improvements?The y have the benefit of learning from previous experiences of their rivals,so they have NO excuse.

It's clear some people floated the company to retrieve the rights to the EPL from DSTV.Nothing more.
Fact is:HiTV is utter RUBBISH.Aside from EPL,they have absolutely NOTHING to offer.
If you're smart,get DSTV.Period
Re: So Hitv Cannot Air Champions League by urfriend(m): 3:37pm On Nov 27, 2008
hi eastbay,please i will like to ask you a question,how many channels does hitv have?.if you get it right,then i will know you are in tune with what's happening at hitv.

expecting your reply soonest.
Re: So Hitv Cannot Air Champions League by ekonibaje(m): 12:55pm On Dec 03, 2008
yah-hitv are proudly nigeria--d issues involve cannt be reverse--u cant sactisfy human wats-but u need to sample 90million opinion and get up to people demand--asuming der is no premiership -wat are u selling--just imagine if der is no football dt means to hitv--dis are facts--i made money thru hitv i sell--but i need to support many demands--thks 4 discovery science and sentata africa--u need t o go for movies nw--nt only sport--pls -i knew is nt easy to get does right-but u need to work to wards future plan--pls-let all support dis dream and make sure it works--but --alwys think on hw to down subcription price-thks

(1) (Reply)

Which TV Advert In Nigeria do you find most annoying? / Your Favourite Desperate Housewife / Dstv New Channel Changes: Faqs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.