Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,059 members, 7,828,730 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Is It Appropriate To On Your Generator At Midnight Knowing You Have Neighbors - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Appropriate To On Your Generator At Midnight Knowing You Have Neighbors (511 Views)

I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) / Is It Appropriate For 18+ Lady To Wash Her Father's Under wear? / Nude Woman Curses Her Husband, His Side Chick In Abuja At Midnight-Facebook User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Appropriate To On Your Generator At Midnight Knowing You Have Neighbors by ksam(m): 1:16am On Mar 03
As you can see the time i am posting this. Waking up due to heat only to find out that there's no light. The only way I can get back to sleep is when the environment is cool and that can only happen when there's light. Now I am tempted to put on my Generator but I'm considering the noise it will cause to my neighbors.

I used to have a neighbor who puts on his generator throughout the night and i know the calmness the environment gets when the generator goes off in the morning. If you are in my position now, what will you do?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Appropriate To On Your Generator At Midnight Knowing You Have Neighbors by blackpanthar: 1:51am On Mar 03
ksam:
As you can see the time i am posting this. Waking up due to heat only to find out that there's no light. The only way I can get back to sleep is when the environment is cool and that can only happen when there's light. Now I am tempted to put on my Generator but I'm considering the noise it will cause to my neighbors.

I used to have a neighbor who puts on his generator throughout the night and i know the calmness the environment gets when the generator goes off in the morning. If you are in my position now, what will you do?

You are a good and considerate person.... BUT IT WON'T GET YOU FAR.

SIMPLY TURN IT ON... find ways to hush the noise. Simple

7 Likes

Re: Is It Appropriate To On Your Generator At Midnight Knowing You Have Neighbors by Perfectwazobia: 2:01am On Mar 03
Re: Is It Appropriate To On Your Generator At Midnight Knowing You Have Neighbors by matify83: 2:08am On Mar 03
Will your neighbors consider you if they were to be in your position?

A good sleep is therapeutic.
You are taking your mental health for granted.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Appropriate To On Your Generator At Midnight Knowing You Have Neighbors by jefdr001: 2:50am On Mar 03
No Sir. Noise pollution also worsens sleep. Your neighbors have right to good sleep too. No be only you heat de worry.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Appropriate To On Your Generator At Midnight Knowing You Have Neighbors by Ahmed0336(m): 3:18am On Mar 03
You've already answered yourself.
Just buy handfan and let others sleep in peace.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Appropriate To On Your Generator At Midnight Knowing You Have Neighbors by Inspirer1: 3:37am On Mar 03
Experiencing same here, been awake since past 12 a.m. and couldn't sleep till now, someone's gen is on although I'm not disturbed by it but if I put on mine I know it'll disturb like 2 other flats.

So annoyed with govt not providing basic need like power angry it affects a lot of things, you cant get so many things done at the right time and even ones health, cos this lack of sleep will definitely affect my productivity during the day,,, what a country

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate To On Your Generator At Midnight Knowing You Have Neighbors by TheWinterBird(f): 3:50am On Mar 03
How nice of you to think of them. Since you've not turned it on all night, you could turn it on a bit but I guess it would disturb them. Maybe apologize to them in the morning.

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate To On Your Generator At Midnight Knowing You Have Neighbors by HeatSeeker(m): 3:54am On Mar 03
Please invest in a rechargeable fan wink

9 Likes

Re: Is It Appropriate To On Your Generator At Midnight Knowing You Have Neighbors by HarunaWest(m): 7:12am On Mar 03
matify83:
Will your neighbors consider you if they were to be in your position?

A good sleep is therapeutic.
You are taking your mental health for granted.
This is the same mentality that brought made us like this. Instead of you to encourage him, you rather advise him to be selfish. Its this selfishness and self centerdness destroyed Nigeria. Where we dont care for others but ourselves.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Appropriate To On Your Generator At Midnight Knowing You Have Neighbors by matify83: 9:47am On Mar 03
HarunaWest:
This is the same mentality that brought made us like this. Instead of you to encourage him, you rather advise him to be selfish. Its this selfishness and self centerdness destroyed Nigeria. Where we dont care for others but ourselves.

Don't be naive my friend!

It is the same mentality of Nigerians excavating a hole when pushed to the wall instead of fighting back that has brought us to this level of being the poverty capital of the world.

He can not foolishly sacrifice his comfort for his neighbour's if reciprocity can not be guaranteed.

You think I will leave my children in this sweltering heat because of one neighbor who will not consider my position if he has the same opportunity?

Wisdom should have taught you by now that even the government does not "Send you" in matters of your welfare and that is why they will never pay you a living wage or provide you with the basics of life which is their primary responsibility.

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate To On Your Generator At Midnight Knowing You Have Neighbors by samwash(m): 9:52am On Mar 03
If you get money install solar that can take you are least 6hrs on fan, or better still buy rechargeable fans for each room.
Me personally I dislike generator noise.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Appropriate To On Your Generator At Midnight Knowing You Have Neighbors by HarunaWest(m): 9:52am On Mar 03
matify83:

Don't be naive my friend!

It is the same mentality of Nigerians excavating a hole when pushed to the wall instead of fighting back that has brought us to this level of being the poverty capital of the world.

He can not foolishly sacrifice his comfort for his neighbour's if reciprocity can not be guaranteed.

You think I will leave my children in this sweltering heat because of one neighbor who will not consider my position if he has the same opportunity?

Wisdom should have taught you by now that even the government does not "Send you" in matters of your welfare and that is why they will never pay you a living wage or provide you with the basics of life which is their primary responsibility.

Do what suits you. However, remember that if we dont look out for one another, we would never have a sustainable world.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Appropriate To On Your Generator At Midnight Knowing You Have Neighbors by hakeemhakeem(m): 11:50am On Mar 03
Gather money by rechargeable fan

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

The best option for your kitchen is now on sale at unbeatable price / Peaceful Home: Child Upbringing A Tool / Mother Or Wife Who Should Come First For A Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.