Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,979 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Why Every Smart Manufacturer Should Build Their Plant In Aba Now! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Every Smart Manufacturer Should Build Their Plant In Aba Now! (2185 Views)

Just In: Okezie Ikpeazu Completes Osisioma Flyover, Aba Now Ultra Modern City / Where Did The Chinese Borrow Money To Build Their Country / Ngwa Road Aba Now Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Every Smart Manufacturer Should Build Their Plant In Aba Now! by proeast(m): 4:13am On Mar 03
Just like the rejected stone that eventually became the pillar, Aba is now on the threshold to becoming Nigeria’s saving grace!

The situation in Nigeria is now almost hopeless except for the sliver of hope glimmering from Aba. Firstly, let’s look at the current situation of things & why no manufacturer will survive in the long run except they move their production base to Aba now:

1. Power generation has remained abysmal and in some cases worsening yet energy bills keep skyrocketing! Nigeria’s power generation still hovers around 4000 megawatts for a population of over 200 million. That’s most likely the lowest in the world per capita. No serious manufacturer can rely on PHCN, so they’re left to produce their own power & make use of PHCN as backup.

2. For a manufacturer to produce their own electricity, they would rely on diesel. A liter of diesel is currently 1700! Now multiply that to the number of liters their generating sets consume daily, weekly or monthly & tell me if any manufacturer can still run optimally and profitably?

3. Unfortunately, there are no official & clear-cut plans by the government to change this deplorable situation. So, it’s either MNC’s & local investors move their plant to Aba or go bankrupt/extinct eventually.

I went to Vietnam, a country that has border with China yet I was shocked to discover that almost everything consumed in Vietnam is produced in the country. So, I asked myself, how the hell was Vietnam able to overcome so-called cheaper Chinese goods? If Vietnam that has land borders with China could keep so-called cheap Chinese goods off their shelves, then why not Nigeria that is thousands of kilometers away?

With cheap & reliable electricity from Geometric, industries/plants in Aba can easily produce cheap goods & eventually ensure that Nigerian produced goods effectively replace those from China. If Vietnam can do it, then we can do it even more!

Aba has large markets & chains of distributors. It is connected by rail. Is near to cargo international airports in Owerri & P.H. As well as Onne seaport. Goods produced in Aba are daily supplied to markets all over Nigeria and to other countries like Cameroun, Gabon, Chad, Ghana, Equatorial Guinea etc.

Aba has become Nigeria’s best kept secret & saving grace. Any investor who fails to take advantage now should only blame themselves.

28 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Every Smart Manufacturer Should Build Their Plant In Aba Now! by stonemasonn: 4:37am On Mar 03
Is land available(in acres)?

2 Likes

Re: Why Every Smart Manufacturer Should Build Their Plant In Aba Now! by Chinkoalhaji34: 4:40am On Mar 03
Time will tell.

33 Likes

Re: Why Every Smart Manufacturer Should Build Their Plant In Aba Now! by 9japride(m): 4:54am On Mar 03
Ola9ja23:
😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Why not go and drag the investors from Ogun state 🤣🤣😂😂

You think investment is just about electricity?

The Nzogbu Nzogbu people of dot in a circle republic is not accommodating

[color=#006600][/color]

I don't really know what you guys gain from malicious lies? The kind of wickedness and evil in this country is just terrible.
When you can't compete with the Igbos, you start singing malicious songs of Igbos are not accommodating.
Abia state will be the next Asian giant and there is nothing anyone can do about it
Your tribe's big men are already thinking of investing in Abua state and you are here doing childish games.
I don't think you are from the western part of the country. Majority of the trolling monikers that usually add any particular tribal words in their monikers are always fake people.
Your aim is to create irrelevant and primitive arguments amongst fellow Nigerians.
Nigerians should be careful when joining issues with these kind of people.
Anyone that always looks for avenue to cause crises amongst the three big major tribes is not of Nigerian origin or just a paid nonentity.

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Every Smart Manufacturer Should Build Their Plant In Aba Now! by proeast(m): 4:54am On Mar 03
Ola9ja23:
😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sorry, everything is not about tribalism. Dunlop and Michelin left Nigeria for Ghana because they had 24/7 power supply. Same with other brands. But thank God for Geometric, such won’t happen again. Instead, they will move to Aba and Nigeria wins while tribal bigots sulk.

Instead of investors anywhere in Nigeria to go bankrupt or watch their brand go extinct, they will smartly move their production to Aba and maintain their warehouse or office anywhere they like. They need Aba more than Aba needs them!!!

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Every Smart Manufacturer Should Build Their Plant In Aba Now! by proeast(m): 4:58am On Mar 03
stonemasonn:
Is land available(in acres)?

Yes, land is very much available for any size of factory/manufacturing. There vast lands in existing industrial estates like Osisioma, Alaoji or Eziama etc. You can also get lands of any size in the outskirts of the city.

15 Likes

Re: Why Every Smart Manufacturer Should Build Their Plant In Aba Now! by 9japride(m): 5:01am On Mar 03
proeast:

Sorry, everything is not about tribalism. Dunlop and Michelin left Nigeria for Ghana because they had 24/7 power supply. Same with other brands. But thank God for Geometric, such won’t happen again. Instead, they will move to Aba and Nigeria wins while tribal bigots sulk.

Instead of investors anywhere in Nigeria to go bankrupt or watch their brand go extinct, they will smartly move their production to Aba and maintain their warehouse or office anywhere they like. They need Aba more than Aba needs them!!!

[color=#006600][/color]

That person you quoted is either a primitive child or a paid agent used to ensure youths never unite in Nigeria.
A sensible person will start thinking of investment in Abia state.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Every Smart Manufacturer Should Build Their Plant In Aba Now! by LegendHero(m): 5:02am On Mar 03
Na only for Nairaland we dey hear 24/7 power in Abia.

All people living in Abia are saying there is no 24/7 light in Abia anywhere. Infact them dey para for Twitter say they are deceived.

But seems some people said Geometric never power everything say them dey await gas or something.

It seems people on line 33kva are the one with 24/7 and I know other states also enjoy constant light for people on that line.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Every Smart Manufacturer Should Build Their Plant In Aba Now! by Pareporters: 5:08am On Mar 03
Ola9ja23:
😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

A lot goes into Energy
Re: Why Every Smart Manufacturer Should Build Their Plant In Aba Now! by Putindbutt: 5:09am On Mar 03
This one is smoking Aba weed, electricity has been decentralised, each state will soon begin to generate its own power, what's the big deal in Aba with that small 188MW?. Even now, some industrial clusters have IPP that provides them with electricity.

5 Likes

Re: Why Every Smart Manufacturer Should Build Their Plant In Aba Now! by Shadomaan7: 5:10am On Mar 03
Na Aba wey we go dey run go for all our goods now o! No light, no cheap fuel, but we go make am work, just like Vietnam. If you no move your business to Aba, you go just dey look like person wey no like

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Every Smart Manufacturer Should Build Their Plant In Aba Now! by proeast(m): 5:11am On Mar 03
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

That person you quoted is either a primitive child or a paid agent used to ensure youths never unite in Nigeria.
A sensible person will start thinking of investment in Abia state.

It’s really sad how hate and bigotry has eaten so deep into them. That dude is probably hungry and hopeless but will rather expend his energy to hate on others.

They forget that the basic reason naira continues to crash against the dollar is because Nigeria is producing next to nothing. How can Vietnam that has land borders with China be producing almost everything they need locally yet Nigeria that is thousands of miles and oceans away keep complaining of cheap Chinese imports?

Now that Aba has come to help Nigeria overcome this existential problem, some primitive bigots are still hating??!!!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Every Smart Manufacturer Should Build Their Plant In Aba Now! by Putindbutt: 5:15am On Mar 03
LegendHero:

All people living in Abia are saying there is no 24/7 light in Abia anywhere. Infact them dey para for Twitter say they are deceived.

But seems some people said Geometric never power everything say them dey await gas or something.

It seems people on line 33 are the one with 24/7 and I know other states also enjoy constant light for people on that line.
None of the turbine has been turned on yet, still waiting for gas and money for the gas supply is heavy hence the delay. Besides, the 188MW is only serving 7 LGs and will start with 14hrs light. this guy wants every companies to come and sit down with 188MW, how many can that serve?

5 Likes

Re: Why Every Smart Manufacturer Should Build Their Plant In Aba Now! by proeast(m): 5:18am On Mar 03
LegendHero:

It seems people on line 33kva are the one with 24/7 and I know other states also enjoy constant light for people on that line.

Lol, were you expecting every home in Aba to start enjoying 24 hours power supply at once? You don’t think Geometric will happen to complete the logistics of metering and all that to ensure efficient and effective billing?

The fact that Geometric already stated they have excess capacity and is looking to sell some of their generated electricity to the national grid or expand beyond 7/9 LGA’s should tell you that everyone enjoying 24/7 electricity is only a matter of time.

14 Likes

Re: Why Every Smart Manufacturer Should Build Their Plant In Aba Now! by LegendHero(m): 5:20am On Mar 03
Putindbutt:

None of the turbine has been turned on yet, still waiting for gas and money for the gas supply is heavy hence the delay. Besides, the 188MW is only serving 7 LGs and will start with 14hrs light. this guy wants every companies to come and sit down with 188MW, how many can that serve?

Yea 188MW small somwhow to service massive industries but if he can at least service residential areas with 24/7, it’ll be nice.

But the problem he might have is people paying for the actual light because without subsidy, only few can afford paying for the 24/7 especially considering the fact that Abia people purchasing power go low small compared to other major cities.

But let’s see. I pray it work fine coz if people are being taken away from the national grid, it’ll be beneficial for Nigeria on the long run.

30 Likes

Re: Why Every Smart Manufacturer Should Build Their Plant In Aba Now! by LegendHero(m): 5:22am On Mar 03
proeast:

Lol, were you expecting every home in Aba to start enjoying 24 hours power supply at once? You don’t think Geometric will happen to complete the logistics of metering and all that to ensure efficient and effective billing?

The fact that Geometric already stated they have excess capacity and is looking to sell some of their generated electricity to the national grid or expand beyond 7/9 LGA’s should tell you that everyone enjoying 24/7 electricity is only a matter of time.

We are saying the same thing. What I’m just saying is that people running the propaganda that they started enjoying 24/7 already should mellow coz reality currently is very different.

Let’s see how it goes in the coming month when he would have gathered everything necessary to deliver at capacity of at least 80%.

32 Likes

Re: Why Every Smart Manufacturer Should Build Their Plant In Aba Now! by proeast(m): 5:27am On Mar 03
Putindbutt:
This one is smoking Aba weed, electricity has been decentralised, each state will soon begin to generate its own power, what's the big deal in Aba with that small 188MW?. Even now, some industrial clusters have IPP that provides them with electricity.

Ignorance is a disease. 188MW is small for a single city Yet Nigeria with so many cities, hundreds of towns & thousands of villages is still struggling with 3000MW? When you remove the MW given to airports & some others to Niger & Benin, how many is left to share among 200 million people??

Yet you think a single city having 188mw to itself alone is not significant enough?

Haters and bigots will never have peace.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Every Smart Manufacturer Should Build Their Plant In Aba Now! by Putindbutt: 5:32am On Mar 03
LegendHero:

Yea 188MW small somwhow to service massive industries but if he can at least service residential areas with 24/7, it’ll be nice.

But the problem he might have is people paying for the actual light because without subsidy, only few can afford paying for the 24/7 especially considering the fact that Abia people purchasing power go low small compared to other major cities.

But let’s see. I pray it work fine coz if people are being taken away from the national grid, it’ll be beneficial for Nigeria on the long run.
His headline is funny to me, maybe he doesn't know we're talking about 188MW, and he's saying every manufacturer should relocate there, that small power will collapse. Since FG has since electricity bill into law, i expect more investors to set up power plants in any state of interest pretty soon.

4 Likes

Re: Why Every Smart Manufacturer Should Build Their Plant In Aba Now! by LegendHero(m): 5:32am On Mar 03
proeast:

It’s really sad how hate and bigotry has eaten so deep into them. That dude is probably hungry and hopeless but will rather expend his energy to hate on others.

They forget that the basic reason naira continues to crash against the dollar is because Nigeria is producing next to nothing. How can Vietnam that has land borders with China be producing almost everything they need locally yet Nigeria that is thousands of miles and oceans away keep complaining of cheap Chinese imports?

Now that Aba has come to help Nigeria overcome this existential problem, some primitive bigots are still hating??!!!!

Lol imagine you a poor boy calling someone hungry.

Whats with you broke people and penchant for brokeshaming people and projecting your reality on them?

31 Likes

Re: Why Every Smart Manufacturer Should Build Their Plant In Aba Now! by LegendHero(m): 5:39am On Mar 03
proeast:

Firstly, you lack the ability to read and comprehend effectively. I said he is PROBABLY hungry (the use of probable means I didn’t categorically call him hungry). There is still a chance he could be among the very few Nigerians who aren’t hungry and dejected.

You’ve been literally living here in Nairaland perpetually. So, I can inferentially say you’re jobless, unemployed or underemployed. In other words, you’re definitely poor and hungry.

If I’m poor and broke as you claim, I won’t afford to be globetrotting at the moment. Paying for flights & hotel is not something broke people can afford. FYI, I’m not sharing in your misery and Tinubu maladministration😂.

When I start to dey globetrott, I am sure you haven't gone for your first visa interview at any embassy.

Lol, see this broke boy, na me you wan dey use travel yanga to lol. Check my screenshot below, I am a medallion status at Delta and I am sure if you are a SkyMiles member you will understand what i am saying.

Before the covid era, I travel twice a week every dammn week for years. Flight and hotel na small ish baba, no be me you go dey use that dey game broke boy.

As for Nairaland, if you work IT and work from home mostly, you can be on Nairaland as much as you like. No be everybody wey dey on Nairaland broke as you.

You no even talk about properties and assets, you wan dey use travel dey brag. If you’re game, let’s both show our email screenshots with our travel trips and na from there you go know say I no be your mate for this travel ish.

You better be humble.

30 Likes

Re: Why Every Smart Manufacturer Should Build Their Plant In Aba Now! by Putindbutt: 5:42am On Mar 03
proeast:

Ignorance is a disease. 188MW is small for a single city Yet Nigeria with so many cities, hundreds of towns & thousands of villages is still struggling with 3000MW? When you remove the MW given to airports & some others to Niger & Benin, how many is left to share among 200 million people??

Yet you think a single city having 188mw to itself alone is not significant enough?

Haters and bigots will never have peace.
Canaan land Ota generates 15MW for itself, Redemption camp generates 10MW, no be say Aba is the first to do this na, why the noise?. With the new electricity bill, your community, my community can even generate their own electricity themselves, go and read the bill.

5 Likes

Re: Why Every Smart Manufacturer Should Build Their Plant In Aba Now! by Putindbutt: 5:44am On Mar 03
proeast:

There's no excess anywhere, all the capacity is 188MW. Guy stop lying.
Re: Why Every Smart Manufacturer Should Build Their Plant In Aba Now! by Basic123: 5:46am On Mar 03
The funny thing is that they are using the project to hype ALEX OTTI on social media.

OBIDIENTS are complete LIARS!

7 Likes

Re: Why Every Smart Manufacturer Should Build Their Plant In Aba Now! by proeast(m): 5:50am On Mar 03
LegendHero:

Lol imagine you a poor boy calling someone hungry.

Whats with you broke people and penchant for brokeshaming people and projecting your reality on them?

Firstly, you lack the ability to read and comprehend effectively. I said he is PROBABLY hungry (the use of probable means I didn’t categorically call him hungry). There is still a chance he could be among the very few Nigerians who aren’t hungry and dejected.

You’ve been literally living here in Nairaland perpetually. So, I can inferentially say you’re jobless, unemployed or underemployed. In other words, you’re definitely poor and hungry.

If I’m poor and broke as you claim, I won’t afford to be globetrotting at the moment. Paying for flights & hotel is not something broke people can afford. FYI, I’m not sharing in your misery and Tinubu maladministration😂.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Every Smart Manufacturer Should Build Their Plant In Aba Now! by TopBanter: 5:50am On Mar 03
Putindbutt:

Best Post here and I was about to say the same thing till I saw your post.

In fact relatively rich and progressive regions, eg the SW, can even fund PPP power solution to provide constant energy throughout a region.

So may possibility and so many singular rich State, or States combining wealth and resources, can and will source their own solution now they have the constitutional authorisation to address their own power needs.

Yet we know some.people are prone to.messianic over-celebrstion of anything and everything they are affiliated with. Just plain silly to be honest.

Just look at the disturbing abnormality shown below in a single post by OP that confirms these guys are very insecure people who overcompensate by seeing themselves and all things they are affiliated with as superior. Cringeworthy and disturbing.

Just like the rejected stone that eventually became the pillar, Aba is now on the threshold to becoming Nigeria’s saving grace!

The situation in Nigeria is now almost hopeless except for the sliver of hope glimmering from Aba

Aba has become Nigeria’s best kept secret & saving grace. Any investor who fails to take advantage now should only blame themselves.

4 Likes

Re: Why Every Smart Manufacturer Should Build Their Plant In Aba Now! by proeast(m): 5:59am On Mar 03
Putindbutt:

Canaan land Ota generates 15MW for itself, Redemption camp generates 10MW, no be say Aba is the first to do this na, why the noise?. With the new electricity bill, your community, my community can even generate their own electricity themselves, go and read the bill.

Lol, Canaan land generating 15mw or redemption camp generating 10mw for themselves can’t be compared with what Geometric is doing in Aba. Using big generators to power a neighborhood is different. How sustainable and cheap is that in the long run? How impactful is that to the GDP? Mind you, Ariaria already has similar dedicated power plant that has been running since but it would be stupid to compare its effect or significance to Geometric.

If you think raising close to $1 billion USD & the local expertise to go with it in building such project is easy, then what stops your states from replicating Geometric?

Gosh, you guys should stop being insecure. A post advertising Aba without mentioning them yet they’re all over the place showing their insecurity.

Spit!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Every Smart Manufacturer Should Build Their Plant In Aba Now! by proeast(m): 6:04am On Mar 03
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

I don't really know what you guys gain from malicious lies? The kind of wickedness and evil in this country is just terrible.
When you can't compete with the Igbos, you start singing malicious songs of Igbos are not accommodating.
Abia state will be the next Asian giant and there is nothing anyone can do about it
Your tribe's big men are already thinking of investing in Abua state and you are here doing childish games.
I don't think you are from the western part of the country. Majority of the trolling monikers that usually add any particular tribal words in their monikers are always fake people.
Your aim is to create irrelevant and primitive arguments amongst fellow Nigerians.
Nigerians should be careful when joining issues with these kind of people.
Anyone that always looks for avenue to cause crises amongst the three big major tribes is not of Nigerian origin or just a paid nonentity.

Lol, don’t mind them, it’s always the usual suspects. Anything that indicates progress for the East or Igbo people always have them foaming in the mouth. It’s really pathetic how we pretend to be one country yet certain sections of the country would rather see Ghana or Togo develop than another section of their country.

Pathetic losers!

9 Likes

Re: Why Every Smart Manufacturer Should Build Their Plant In Aba Now! by TopBanter: 6:20am On Mar 03
proeast:

Lol, Canaan land generating 15mw or redemption camp generating 10mw for themselves can’t be compared with what Geometric is doing in Aba. Using big generators to power a neighborhood is different. How sustainable and cheap is that in the long run? How impactful is that to the GDP? Mind you, Ariaria already has similar dedicated power plant that has been running since but it would be stupid to compare its effect or significance to Geometric.

Gosh, you guys should stop being insecure. A post advertising Aba without mentioning them yet they’re all over the place showing their insecurity.

Spit!

You're the one being insecure. Did you see how many times in your opening post it you spoke messianically about what is essentially a small project from Aba?

"Saving grace of Nigeria indeed". You sound disturbed and definitely suffering from the worst inferiority complex possible if not commonsense would tell you that many States will go on to develop far more comprehensive solutions that will make this thing from Aba look like a Suzuki Alto in comparison to a Ferrari.

The issue is that the model most states would want would be bigger, far more complex and demanding as it will be dviced to electrify the entire State and not a city alone.

If States now have full autonomy over power generation, transmission and distribution then why would any go for IPP for single cities or commercial areas when fully comprehensive models that serves the entire State can be deviced?

The model States would pursue will take more time from planning through construction and testing to then arrive at project delivery. Much like Lagos metro rail covering the entire State been compared to a single rail line from Yaba to Aguda.

It is people like you who attract animosity for anything coming from your people or land. Lagos delivered the first intracity metro rail system in sub-Saharan Africa, a monster project by any measure of judgment, and it was your people attacking it.

Yet you are waxing lyrical, like a deranged megalomaniac, about "saviour of Nigeria" over this small project that will look like a 1940 creation once others start moving on their own fully comprehensive models. Keep deluding yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Why Every Smart Manufacturer Should Build Their Plant In Aba Now! by aariwa(m): 6:26am On Mar 03
Yes but you don’t need to tell an igbo person of an opportunity because they can spot one from 2m miles afar

2 Likes

Re: Why Every Smart Manufacturer Should Build Their Plant In Aba Now! by TopBanter: 6:35am On Mar 03
proeast:

Lol, don’t mind them, it’s always the usual suspects. Anything that indicates progress for the East or Igbo people always have them foaming in the mouth. It’s really pathetic how we pretend to be one country yet certain sections of the country would rather see Ghana or Togo develop than another section of their country.

Pathetic losers!

Please shut up and stop disgracing yourself. You're the pathetic loser you call others and a 'dull' one to boot.

When you describe small Aba, because of a tiny IPP project, as the "saving grace" of Nigeria twice in one post, what do you think this reveals to intelligent folks, who understand the psychology of human mind, about your mental make-up.

It screams inferiority complex plus deep insecurity bro and you people show it time and time again. Virtually everyday. It is why you hyped Kanu a God till Buhari snared and caged him.

It is why you are all hyping the failure Obi a messiah when his record as governor of Anambra is one of the most abysmal in Nigeria's history since 1999.

It is why you tout yourself superior and "ordained by God to lead black Africa" (Nnamdi Azikiwe) yet not a single SE State is a stand-out or exemplary state of Nigeria by any standard at all.

You guys are just irritating, emptily bragadocious, delusional and dull.

/

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Teenagers Slaughter Prostitute In Hotel Room / Acn Senator (babafemi Ojudu) Talks On Fuel Subsidy. / 40yr Old Politician Hon. Rotimi Makinde Is Set 2 Marry 20yr Old Super Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.