Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria (21843 Views)

Second Crude Supply To Arrive In Three Weeks — Dangote Refinery / First Crude Oil Shipment Delivered To Dangote Refinery / First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by Mandate1: 8:22am On Mar 03
razzydoo:
How can you support someone that don’t know what he/she is talking about? You yourself even know better.
No, I agree with his supposition, except for the part USA is not oil producing.
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by frog12: 8:23am On Mar 03
what's there to celebrate? importing crude from america??

something is wrong
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by Judolisco(m): 8:24am On Mar 03
chiiraq802:
We have crude oil but no functional Refinery. So we exported our crude to other Countries for refining.

We still have crude oil and now we have Dangote Refinery. bt somehow Nigeria wants to start Importing Crude oil from Other Countries.

Lolss....9ja na cruise my guyy
Buhari Don use our Crude oil collect loan.... We r really in deep shit... Dangote no suppose build dat refinery sef.... Because I don't see d use if he is not getting Crude oil in Nigeria
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by Walai(m): 8:25am On Mar 03
NNPC will sell oil to dangote in naira. Use of dollars in domestic trade is against our fiscal laws.

Nolevel666:

So he now buys from the US in naira?

Explain better or Say something else please
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by fawaz050(m): 8:26am On Mar 03
Mynd44:

A refinery of 650,000 barrels per day needs at least 19.5 million barrels piled up. Nigeria cannot supply Dangote with that volume of crude because we have commitments and agreements to keep to.

Dangote also needs that stash so it it doesn't run out during production. The alternative is to buy and when the tanks are filled, they can start buying just the daily amount.

Don't you wonder why Dangote isn't buying from Ghana or closer countries? Because theu also have agreements to keep to

Buy Crude from Ghana?

I used to think highly of you before. But you fall my hand

650,000bpd? And you think NNPC cannot meet up? At the minimum NNPC, produces 1.2mbpd and putting local needs first means Dangote's request will always be prioritized.

The major problem here is the $3.3bn Crude oil for Cash Agreement with Afrexim, which is a sham by the way. Hence, the NNPC is stuck between:

1. Keeping up with the loan facility agreement with AFREXIM.

2. Selling crude to meet up with FAAC Allocations and

3. Meeting up with local request.

But my question is, why can't NNPC advise Dangote to import from Russia?

The delivery timeline is quicker, their oil is better than WTI and, the exchange rate is better.

Gooood! Deliver us from this people o

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by blackgold2018(m): 8:27am On Mar 03
Arobaga:
As if we saw or felt the impact of the first crude import

Very useless billionaire
lol.. someone that his pocket and money are more valuable than human beings.
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by anyilalaz: 8:28am On Mar 03
chiiraq802:
We have crude oil but no functional Refinery. So we exported our crude to other Countries for refining.

We still have crude oil and now we have Dangote Refinery. bt somehow Nigeria wants to start Importing Crude oil from Other Countries.

No be small cruise walahi!!!

We have palm oil but we import palm oil from Malaysia
We have abundant gas that we flare but we still import gas

We have abundance iron ore but we still import millions of metric tons of iron rods and other.

Even the one we managed to produce here with almost 95% local sources is beyond common man to buy like cement , etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by blackgold2018(m): 8:29am On Mar 03
Mynd44:

A refinery of 650,000 barrels per day needs at least 19.5 million barrels piled up. Nigeria cannot supply Dangote with that volume of crude because we have commitments and agreements to keep to.

Dangote also needs that stash so it it doesn't run out during production. The alternative is to buy and when the tanks are filled, they can start buying just the daily amount.

Don't you wonder why Dangote isn't buying from Ghana or closer countries? Because theu also have agreements to keep to
dangote personal adviser.. or an assumed opinion
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by Edipet(m): 8:30am On Mar 03
AntiChristian:
Ignorant people wanting to comment!

Continue to gaslight your country!

Can we supply Dangote consistently?

does dangote have the capacity to buy our crude?
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by Available9: 8:31am On Mar 03
gaby:
Story Story...

Don't be surprised to find out Dangote has exported and sold the rumored crude oil shipment he received from NNPC.

The guy man don locate better oil business without even lighting up his refinery.

grin
and he will pay in dollars... hahahahaha... Dangote should leave Nigeria alone
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by Greenfusion: 8:35am On Mar 03
chiiraq802:

Nigeria na scam, very fraudulent country filled with lies
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by seunayantokun(m): 8:37am On Mar 03
Na only news, no fuel dey come from there?
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by rapheal5(m): 8:38am On Mar 03
I had a dream Tinubu created a new set of police, not our regular police, they were armed like usa swats. He called them the green police to fight against bandit, kidnapping and BH boys....
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by oilyngbati(m): 8:42am On Mar 03
imam07:
all these nah lie. This is a way of suffering Nigerians. How come when we don get refinery Nigeria no con get crude to supply. How come united state wey no dey drill crude dey supply country wey get crude oil. Abi this thing no sound funny to you. They moment dangote get refinery I heard Nigeria doesn't have enough crude to supply dangote. Did d govt or dangote let Nigerians know this before dangote started his refinery.
Please the US has oil in abundance in Texas and it drills oil. You can verify

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by Greenfusion: 8:44am On Mar 03
Johncuppa:

You can't just make a defense for this country without looking like a fool
sincerely.......and still see people trying to defend rubbish....na wa o, this one community foolishness o

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by Newton1045: 8:45am On Mar 03
We have crude oil.
Suddenly,no more crude oil.
Then crude oil been stolen

Nigeria confuse
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by emerged01(m): 8:49am On Mar 03
We import fuel because no refineries but now there is refinery we are importing crude oil.
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by Baba4kinatu(m): 8:50am On Mar 03
chiiraq802:

Just for your education, there are already long term contracts with some off-takers for Nigeria Oil, way before dangote birthed the idea of starting a refinery. Notwithstanding he can still buy from NNPC or a quota of our production transported to him to refine for local use
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by Bluntemperor: 8:50am On Mar 03
Mynd44:

God bless you brother, for your analysis!
Summary - Nigeria Oil Production is very Low,to meet Higher Capacity like Dangote and others Local Manufacturing Commitments!
This is where NLC - supposed to be channeling their energies - on the Federal Govt and the NNPC - to make Nigeria becomes more Productive e g Employ more hands/ Youths,not based on Ethnicity but Experts,but they are fighting for their purse and dues- Not for Workers or Retirees!

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by emonis88: 8:51am On Mar 03
I think dangote is a businessman, who is out to impoverish his country so as to make his own money, a ruthless person, so the FG don't want to sell crude to him or is this his ruthless person showing.
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by SMARTMOTORS(m): 8:54am On Mar 03
I no understand o! The refinery still depend on USA??.....abeg make person clear cuz I'm lost!
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by seunayantokun(m): 8:55am On Mar 03
chiiraq802:

Because Buhari don take everything borrow money far into the future. Nigeria was sold off by that chief executive terrorist and proceeds stolen to empower fulani herdsmen terrorists and further their fulanisation agenda. Unfortunately, Tinubu is covering him. Not so much to bank on again in the oil sector. Hope in gas, and maybe some new oil discoveries, and other natural mineral resources.
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by Franking: 8:55am On Mar 03
I don't understand. Why do we have to import crude oil too? Something must be fundamentally wrong with this contraption.
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by Franking: 8:56am On Mar 03
seunayantokun:

Because Buhari don take everything borrow money far into the future. Nigeria was sold off by that chief executive terrorist and proceeds stolen to empower fulani herdsmen terrorists and further their fulanisation agenda. Unfortunately, Tinubu is covering him. Not so much to bank on again in the oil sector. Hope in gas, and maybe some new oil discoveries, and other natural mineral resources.

You mean the APC is why we are where we are?
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by HRMK: 8:57am On Mar 03
with all the shipments of crude received by dangote not a single drop or litre has been refined!this isnt funny!!
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by BUZUSKY: 8:57am On Mar 03
This country there is question (?) some years back dont have refinary we export thounsands of barrel bt now that we have refinary. hmm
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by Godfullsam(m): 8:58am On Mar 03
looseweight:
This is definitely a sad news. I believe Nigeria would been up to task to deliver every crude oil that Mr Dangote needs, but cannot since we need dollars to pay our debt and also using same crude oil to pay debt. PEACE be unto you Nigeria!!

Buhari really delt with us!

We are still paying for the sin of buhari.
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by Endinjustice: 9:03am On Mar 03
Mynd44:

Agbado logic.
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by Funkyswagzz(m): 9:04am On Mar 03
fawaz050:

Buy Crude from Ghana?

I used to think highly of you before. But you fall my hand

650,000bpd? And you think NNPC cannot meet up? At the minimum NNPC, produces 1.2mbpd and putting local needs first means Dangote's request will always be prioritized.

The major problem here is the $3.3bn Crude oil for Cash Agreement with Afrexim, which is a sham by the way. Hence, the NNPC is stuck between:

1. Keeping up with the loan facility agreement with AFREXIM.

2. Selling crude to meet up with FAAC Allocations and

3. Meeting up with local request.

But my question is, why can't NNPC advise Dangote to import from Russia?

The delivery timeline is quicker, their oil is better than WTI and, the exchange rate is better.

Gooood! Deliver us from this people o

That afremix deal was a decoy. I suspect there's something going on in nnpcl we don't really know. Besides nnpcl has only 55% stake of the entire crude oil in Nigeria. Who knows if they have sold some to shell and agip
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by fawaz050(m): 9:11am On Mar 03
Funkyswagzz:

That afremix deal was a decoy. I suspect there's something going on in nnpcl we don't really know. Besides nnpcl has only 55% stake of the entire crude oil in Nigeria. Who knows if they have sold some to shell and agip

I think the 1.2mbpd is net of all contractual commitment with other JVs.
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by seunayantokun(m): 9:12am On Mar 03
Franking:

You mean the APC is why we are where we are?
Yes APC, but move away from this party stuff. It is the people and their mindset. There is no party those people use that would stop whatever evils they are using the current Nigeria system for. We no longer need the party thing - it is you and what agenda you use power for. Nigeria is sinking!
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by gaby(m): 9:14am On Mar 03
Walai:
Stop turning the truth upside down. Nigeria's crude oil is being used to repay loan simple. The remaining oil needs to be sold outside for the much needed forex. Dangote can't buy in dollars

But he's buying with Naira from the U.S abi?

Funny skit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Foluke Daramola Salako Mobiles Traders To Vote For Buhari / See The First Ladies To Be Honoured At Int'l Women Power Conference 2022 In Abuj / Photos Of Township Hall Road, Igbaja Constructed By Kwara State Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.