Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria (21859 Views)

Second Crude Supply To Arrive In Three Weeks — Dangote Refinery / First Crude Oil Shipment Delivered To Dangote Refinery / First Shipment Of Crude Arrives Dangote Refinery with 950,000 barrel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by Kukutenla: 5:39pm On Mar 03
Max24:

This thread is not about Emefiele. I only mentioned his name to support my main argument that Buharis govt did what they liked. If you feel my opinions don't address why Dangote had to import from US, then kindly give your own explanations. I am open to fresh revelations.
1. There is no govt that does not do what they like. This present one devalued the currency just for optics sake with no plans on what to do with it.
2. You clearly claimed Buhari used future crude as guarantee to borrow money. I'm asking you to substantiate that claim cause I know there's nothing like that and you swerved to Emefiele.
3. You claimed education is poor in Nigeria. If you were well educated, you will know it is near impossible for any govt to do what you claimed. That's why I'm asking you to substantiate it. Don't shift to Emefiele. Just explain how Buhari used future crude to obtain loans from China or wherever so you don't look like a poorly educated Nigerian like you accused others.
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by Sunday2021: 5:40pm On Mar 03
Since Tinubu decided to sell crude oil to Dangote in dollars it is better for him to buy from US.
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by Sunday2021: 6:01pm On Mar 03
YourGFsnatcher:

Help me understand. I thought we have crude oil in Nigeria and only import refined products because we didn't have refineries. Why are we now importing crude oil again?
Because Tinubu said he must sell crude to Dangote in dollars and considering how poor our currency is it better for Dangote to buy from US.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by Lomprico2: 6:02pm On Mar 03
majole:

I beg where are you so that i can give you 3.5m naira for 100 bags of dangote cement to be delivered anywhere in Togo. i go add 500k naira free for you

Make your research. I've done mine.
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by Truthshotcrazy: 6:25pm On Mar 03
Hotacetone:
I get angry Everytime they say they are importing oil from US. like WTF man undecided
This only means one thing; fuel price will never come down
grin grin cool
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by pacespot(m): 7:18pm On Mar 03
chiiraq802:
We have crude oil but no functional Refinery. So we exported our crude to other Countries for refining.

We still have crude oil and now we have Dangote Refinery. bt somehow Nigeria wants to start Importing Crude oil from Other Countries.

Lolss....9ja na cruise my guyy

People who knew Dangote very well were worried about him entering the oil sector, but some myopic Nigerians were kumbaya about this his Refinery project.

We will soon realize how much a fuel pump price can actually cost with Dangote now in the business.
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by YourGFsnatcher: 7:50pm On Mar 03
Sunday2021:
Because Tinubu said he must sell crude to Dangote in dollars and considering how poor our currency is it better for Dangote to buy from US.
Oh woww!!! Thats a bad move. Why must we sell domestic products in dollars? Isn't that weakening the naira?
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by YourGFsnatcher: 7:50pm On Mar 03
Sunday2021:
Oh woww!!! Thats a bad move. Why must we sell domestic products in dollars? Isn't that weakening the naira??
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by TheOgaBoss: 8:04pm On Mar 03
chiiraq802:
We have crude oil but no functional Refinery. So we exported our crude to other Countries for refining.

We still have crude oil and now we have Dangote Refinery. bt somehow Nigeria wants to start Importing Crude oil from Other Countries.

Lolss....9ja na cruise my guyy
ironically one of the advantages that was touted by apc supporters when this refinery had not taken off was that it will help conserve foreign exchange, now the so called foreign exchange it will conserve is what is being used to import crude, so how is this not going to impact the price of fuel if after importing crude at the high dollar exchange rate, the refined products are now sold to the Nigerian market, so where will dangote be sourcing the dollars to buy crude from since the bulk of the refined products will be sold in naira to the local market?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by NAC1666: 10:05pm On Mar 03
dre11:
•Relief as Nigeria nears OPEC’s renegotiated 1.5m bpd quota

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2024/03/03/dangote-refinerys-second-crude-oil-shipment-leaves-us-for-nigeria?amp=1
Dangote importing fuel. Nice one
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by abah001: 10:30pm On Mar 03
Anything Dangote na to milk Nigeria dry so as to remain top African richest not for the interest of Nigeria. Let's keep our hope to something else not Dangote products
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by NASTYNASOSO: 10:32pm On Mar 03
Arobaga:
As if we saw or felt the impact of the first crude import

Very useless billionaire

HMMMMMMM

WHO THE HELL STOPPED YOUR FATHER FROM SETTING UP A REFINERY IN NIGERIA
SURE WAY TO FEEL THE IMPACT.
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by Nefort: 10:32pm On Mar 03
Max24:

Why not simply ask people to educate you on why Dangote had to import crude that Nigeria has?
Please educate me. Why is Dangote importing crude oil?
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by afube: 10:35pm On Mar 03
aribisala0:

You that knows business model go and build your own refinery and put Dangote to shame

Dangote refinery is a finacial shipwreck.......BUA has learnt from him, his refinery in akwa Ibom under construction is a manageable 150,000 barrels per day capacity! If you hate knowledge kindly go give a wet transformer the kiss of death!
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by udemzyudex(m): 10:48pm On Mar 03
Mynd44:

A refinery of 650,000 barrels per day needs at least 19.5 million barrels piled up. Nigeria cannot supply Dangote with that volume of crude because we have commitments and agreements to keep to.

Dangote also needs that stash so it it doesn't run out during production. The alternative is to buy and when the tanks are filled, they can start buying just the daily amount.

Don't you wonder why Dangote isn't buying from Ghana or closer countries? Because theu also have agreements to keep to

So what's the need for PH refinery then? Why the noise about fixing PH refinery if we can't supply dangote that amount of crude, where will Nigeria see crude to refine in the PH refinery when it begins production?

Oh Nigeria will have to buy crude to refine grin.
Lol.. To think that some people were happy thinking dangote refinery will help reduce fuel price grin what a joke.
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by Fujiyama: 2:38am On Mar 04
Revealing thread.
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by simfrost90210: 9:26am On Mar 04
If flight takes 12hours directly to Nigeria, i wonder how many months this will take to Nigeria on water... Still seriously imagining!
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by Sunday2021: 9:27am On Mar 04
YourGFsnatcher:

Oh woww!!! Thats a bad move. Why must we sell domestic products in dollars? Isn't that weakening the naira??
exactly

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by Konquest: 1:00pm On Mar 04
dre11:
•Relief as Nigeria nears OPEC’s renegotiated 1.5m bpd quota

Dangote Refinery has ramped up its stock of imported crude oil from the United States as a second cargo as a second shipment of US light sweet crude oil was headed to Nigeria on Friday for delivery to the refinery, according to a trader and ship tracking data.

This is coming as indications emerged at the weekend that Nigeria’s efforts to raise crude oil production continued to yield results during the February circle, with output for the month rising by approximately 60,000bpd during the month.

Reuters reported that the vessel, Otis, which loaded about 850,000 barrels of WTI Midland in Houston last week, was signaling Lekki in Nigeria as its destination, according to Kpler and LSEG ship tracking.

It was estimated to reach the country around mid-March.

The vessel was chartered by Vitol, according to data sources and a trader.

The first shipment of two million barrels of US crude on the very large crude carrier, Gem No. 1, also chartered by Vitol, was nearing Nigeria and is expected to discharge next week.

The refinery, Africa’s largest with a nameplate capacity of 650,000 barrels per day, was built on a peninsula on the outskirts of the commercial capital, Lagos, by the continent’s richest man, Aliko Dangote.

The refinery began buying crude in December last year and The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation Ltd (NNPCL) has been the main supplier.

The refinery had issued tenders to sell two fuel cargoes for export, a tender document showed and trading sources with knowledge of the matter told Reuters earlier this month.

Bloomberg had in January this year reported that Trafigura Group sold two million barrels of WTI Midland to Dangote Refinery for end-February delivery.

This is the first time that the giant refinery has purchased non-Nigerian crude, traders said.

Trafigura is a multinational commodity trading company headquartered in Singapore, with major hubs in various locations, including Geneva, Houston, Montevideo and Mumbai.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2024/03/03/dangote-refinerys-second-crude-oil-shipment-leaves-us-for-nigeria?amp=1
Re: Dangote Refinery’s Second Crude Oil Shipment Leaves US For Nigeria by cardoctor(m): 4:49pm On Mar 04
These stories of crude oil being imported from US to Nigeria sounds so incredible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos Of Township Hall Road, Igbaja Constructed By Kwara State Government / On South South And Biafra...a Rivers-man View / PDP Lawyer Speaks After The Presidential Election Tribunal Sitting In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.