Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,479 members, 7,816,132 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Why Bad Things Happen To Good People. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Bad Things Happen To Good People. (96 Views)

Jesus Will Not Return Until These Things Happen / Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People / 8 People That Said Bad Things About God And Their Tragic Ending (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Bad Things Happen To Good People. by itu404(m): 1:35pm On Mar 03
The life of a wild beast is something to notice with a lot of deep thought contrasted   with the lives of humans. Let us take the life of a male lion; every male lion will kill the cobs of a lioness without hesitation just to have it own offspring from that lioness; if the lioness can hide the cobs from ravaging lion so good, but if not the cobs are killed. The lioness will have no choice than to give in to the killer lion and have its offspring. The circle continues. This is their world they do not see it as bad or evil or unfair. We as humans being do see evil and express our outrage no matter the societal status of who is perpetrating it. This shows we have something in us something like the breath of life which the creator breathes into man during the creative process, something that makes us see an event and give it a name: good evil, morally wrong, ethically wrong.   It true from our observation on earth, that evil also unleash it terror on the innocents and the guiltless ones.  A promiscuous man took a woman to bed got infected with Acquired immune deficiency syndrome [AIDS] and goes home only to infect his innocent wife. A man got a lot of money from his mother’s burial ceremony [Africa burial ceremonies] the next day he is attacked and the money demanded by robbers after the scuffle that ensue the man is fatally shot dead. A pastor serving at a branch in the UK of one of most populous church in Africa decided to go on a vocation to Spain with his family. While on the terrace the daughter called out from the swimming pool desperately gasping for breath his brother was the first to jump in to serve her , but got gasping later on  Father wade in to save his offspring, but he met the same faith; Story? All died in thatpool! Mother had to return to UK with her a lone daughter. Recently one of Nigeria foremost banker, philanthropist and educationalist died along his wife, and son in the united state of America. These sad stories are real and happened to real people, maybe you heard about one or two for sad stories travel faster and tends to endure while good news is fragile and it takes a lot to keep it afloat. Therefore, no one can deny the fact confronting us all, that bad things sometimes happen to good people;  Man in their attempt to blame these unfortunate victims will go into history, foraging, looking for one perceived bad thing the dead have done and when they find it attributes it to their ill faith. That reminds us of a certain situation in the church at Corinth. They indulged in boasting and contentment, Apostle Paul had to warn them of one evil in their mist that could ruin all the good amongst them. See 1 Corinthians 5:2-6, And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you. For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed, In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus. Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? Yes, one evil can ruin a bunch of good deeds and stay on top of that deeds for a very long time.  [KJV] What I am saying here, is that our world works in this way, the power of evil seems to have a power over good.

It is in the light of such events that the naïve question the existence of God and others who have seen a lot God’ informs of healing, miracles and others to deny His existence, forms the idea that we have many gods; some good and some evil. Then we have those who in their simplicity sum it up as Gods will for the evil or suffering to occur yet the bible says James 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:  Evil, suffering had happen to people in the bible.  Good people, in the bible have suffered evil too. Nobody bears testimony to this than the son of God that incarnated into man, Jesus our lord and savior.. see Hebrews 4:15, For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. That God, called the mighty God, who incarnated, went through deprivations and hides from evil men. See Mark 8:31, and he began to teach them, that the Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders, and of the chief priests, and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again. That our savior encountered suffering, rejection and humiliation only shows that it would be naïve for preachers, pastors to teach that as Christians we are immune or free from pain and suffering. Now, it must be made plain that the sufferings that Jesus went through while on earth is different from the suffering, pain and death on the cross; see Luke 9:58 And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head. While on earth doing good and healing the sick he had not even a house of his own! He was even born in a manger. The death on the cross is to bring us back to God, bought our salvation and die in our place that was why he said in the book of Mark 10:4, for even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many. It was not to save us from the evil, pain sufferings that are in this world, which was introduced when Adam fell, after being warned by God of the consequence of disobedience. He suffered, his disciples suffered afterwards and almost all the apostles met death at the hands of evil men. But we should pray like he commanded us to do  against evil in the book of Matthew 6:13, And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen. Let us not forget or overlook this; bad things strikes in the house of the good and the evil see Luke 8:23 but as they sailed he fell asleep: and there came down a storm of wind on the lake; and they were filled with water, and were in jeopardy. Matthew 7:24-25 therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.” The rain came, the wind blew….even upon the house of the righteous just like it rained and blew upon the house of the evil man.”. Mark 4:38-39, and he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish? And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. The wind came not caring that the lord and Christ the messiah was in that ship, it came with intent to perish the occupants and shipwreck the boat: Where the occupant of the boat sinners?  On the contrary the personification of righteousness was in that boat, the mighty God was in that boat, the savior of the world was in the boat. Evil can come

anytime to all, but the righteous can take authority and ask God to deliver from this evil. Remember, Jesus prayed that we should be delivered from evil. He did not say “to protect from it.” Evil can come knocking, but you can emulate our lord and savior by taking authority through prayers and confessions of faith and the finished work on the cross of calvary.

Evil only proves is there is a God, otherwise many will mock and say what do i need heaven for when i have it all here; no evil no suffering and no death. But when these events occur we laa have no choice than to ask ourselves what is life [Matthew 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?]

I leave you to ponder over this scriptural verse : 1 Corinthians 15:19, If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
Re: Why Bad Things Happen To Good People. by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:47pm On Mar 03
bad things happen to good people because thats the way life goes, just like good things happen to bad people....anyone who believes that nothing bad will happen to them (if they only do good in their lives) are MENTALLY DERANGED!

how sick in the head someone must be to believe that only good things should happen to them, lol!

(1) (Reply)

Salome / I No Go Suffer, I No Go Beg For Bread / I Call On All Christians For Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.