Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,919 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People (5105 Views)

Responding To Hismasterpiece, "Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People" / Gloria Bamiloye: "Why Wearing Of Trousers By Christian Women Is Not Good" / New Atheists Are Not Intellectually Bright, Philosophers Agree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People by Hismasterpiece(m): 9:19pm On Oct 20, 2021
Dear atheists, you say there is no God. That is literally what atheist means: 'A Theos' which is the original greek word which means 'No God'.

You claim to be enlightened and more reasonable and logical and in your right mind unlike us religious people (not really religious people in general, more like Christians because that is the religion you people speak against the most in this section).

But i believe you guys are wicked. My reason being this. You see yourselves as being free and we religious as being enslaved. You see yourselves as being in your right mind and we religious as being out of our minds.

But in your wickedness you have left us all to our slavery and our insanity. Rather than reaching out to us in love and reasoning with us thoughtfully in order to bring us out of our deception and slavery you bash us, insult us, shame us, laugh at us in our wretched condition.

I don't believe you atheists really believe the things you claim to believe. If you really did, it would show. There is no aggressive effort being made by atheists to get the word out and deliver us poor theists out of our bondage. But the Christians who believe what they claim are aggressively spreading the word. Various radio stations and programs, various books and video and audio resources being used to spread the message but the same can't be said about atheists. How many atheist radio stations are there spreading the word about atheism and liberating people? How many Billy Grahams are there in atheism? How many Martin Luthers (both of them)? How many Oyedepos? How many apostle Pauls? How many mother Theresas? How many Andrew Wommacks? How many John Wesleys? How many D L Moodys? How many Kenneth Hagins?

If someone sees his neighbors house on fire and rather than rush and help them put out the fire and evacuate people from the house just walks on by and heads home without showing any concern at all, is that person a good person? If instead of helping them he begins to criticize them publicly and starts accusing them of being careless and stupid and idiotic and uneducated would that be fair? or kind? or good?

That is exactly what you atheists do. You people are selfish and want to enjoy your freedom alone while us religious folk suffer in chains. You show us no love or compassion. Rather than correct us lovingly and put us in the right path you shame us and try to make us look stupid for believing in what we believe in.

I don't believe this is fair treatment. The Christian believes the non-christian is going to hell, and in love he tells him and puts him in the right path. The atheist believes the theist is enslaved in his mind and out of his mind and rather than liberate him he attacks him. That is wickedness, pure wickedness.

Instead of making posts that logically and systematically explain atheism and why it is the right worldview, while logically refuting the claims of all religions step by step, you guys make posts mocking people who you claim to be in bondage rather than helping them lovingly.

You people are wicked.

Abraham Lincoln saw slaves and believed they shouldn't be slaves. And what did he do? shame them? mock them? no, he freed them. I believe that if you people really believe what you claim you should do the same.

Good evening.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People by Ammishaddai: 9:39pm On Oct 20, 2021
Empty post

10 Likes

Re: Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People by Hismasterpiece(m): 9:43pm On Oct 20, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Empty post

Lol.. the truth is a bitter pill indeed.
Re: Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People by Workch: 9:48pm On Oct 20, 2021
Lol, Mumu post

10 Likes

Re: Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People by zaxbash: 9:50pm On Oct 20, 2021
grin U are high on cheap weed

1 Like

Re: Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People by Hismasterpiece(m): 10:04pm On Oct 20, 2021
Workch:
Lol, Mumu post

The truth remains the truth

1 Like

Re: Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People by Hismasterpiece(m): 10:04pm On Oct 20, 2021
zaxbash:
grin U are high on cheap weed

I already quit smoking weed bruh
Re: Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People by 22o62021: 10:05pm On Oct 20, 2021
����
Re: Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People by Hismasterpiece(m): 10:06pm On Oct 20, 2021
22o62021:
����

����
Re: Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People by zaxbash: 10:20pm On Oct 20, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

I already quit smoking weed bruho
am damn right... Adverse drug reactions from previously smoked expired cheap weed
Re: Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People by Hismasterpiece(m): 10:21pm On Oct 20, 2021
zaxbash:
am damn right... Adverse drug reactions from previously smoked expired cheap weed

Lol..
Re: Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People by zaxbash: 10:23pm On Oct 20, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

Lol..
U be atheist now...? Werey Na ur papa dey produce rain,Na ur mama create the first life on earth...
Re: Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People by Ammishaddai: 10:25pm On Oct 20, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

Lol.. the truth is a bitter pill indeed.
Stop being sentimental with stupidity and argue based on logic
Re: Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People by Hismasterpiece(m): 10:31pm On Oct 20, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Stop being sentimental with stupidity and argue based on logic

Again with the insults.. exactly what i noted in the post.

There is nothing illogical about anything i've said
Re: Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People by Hismasterpiece(m): 10:32pm On Oct 20, 2021
zaxbash:
U be atheist now...? Werey Na ur papa dey produce rain,Na ur mama create the first life on earth...

You're insulting me now just like i noted in the post.

I take it that you're an atheist, no?
Re: Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People by Crofton: 11:06pm On Oct 20, 2021
I'm atheist but sincerely your post is valid and the replies have done well to prove your point Futher, although the intolerant behaviour is exhibited by a few .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People by Bluewitch(f): 11:22pm On Oct 20, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

The truth remains the truth

cheesy cheesy

Which truth....
When we try to you help you guys, we get threatened with hell fire and all sorts of nonsense.

He who will have sense will have sense.

Op are you thinking of moving to Athiesm.
Re: Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People by LordReed(m): 11:47pm On Oct 20, 2021
Hismasterpiece:
Dear atheists, you say there is no God. That is literally what atheist means: 'A Theos' which is the original greek word which means 'No God'.

You claim to be enlightened and more reasonable and logical and in your right mind unlike us religious people (not really religious people in general, more like Christians because that is the religion you people speak against the most in this section).

But i believe you guys are wicked. My reason being this. You see yourselves as being free and we religious as being enslaved. You see yourselves as being in your right mind and we religious as being out of our minds.

But in your wickedness you have left us all to our slavery and our insanity. Rather than reaching out to us in love and reasoning with us thoughtfully in order to bring us out of our deception and slavery you bash us, insult us, shame us, laugh at us in our wretched condition.

I don't believe you atheists really believe the things you claim to believe. If you really did, it would show. There is no aggressive effort being made by atheists to get the word out and deliver us poor theists out of our bondage. But the Christians who believe what they claim are aggressively spreading the word. Various radio stations and programs, various books and video and audio resources being used to spread the message but the same can't be said about atheists. How many atheist radio stations are there spreading the word about atheism and liberating people? How many Billy Grahams are there in atheism? How many Martin Luthers (both of them)? How many Oyedepos? How many apostle Pauls? How many mother Theresas? How many Andrew Wommacks? How many John Wesleys? How many D L Moodys? How many Kenneth Hagins?

If someone sees his neighbors house on fire and rather than rush and help them put out the fire and evacuate people from the house just walks on by and heads home without showing any concern at all, is that person a good person? If instead of helping them he begins to criticize them publicly and starts accusing them of being careless and stupid and idiotic and uneducated would that be fair? or kind? or good?

That is exactly what you atheists do. You people are selfish and want to enjoy your freedom alone while us religious folk suffer in chains. You show us no love or compassion. Rather than correct us lovingly and put us in the right path you shame us and try to make us look stupid for believing in what we believe in.

I don't believe this is fair treatment. The Christian believes the non-christian is going to hell, and in love he tells him and puts him in the right path. The atheist believes the theist is enslaved in his mind and out of his mind and rather than liberate him he attacks him. That is wickedness, pure wickedness.

Instead of making posts that logically and systematically explain atheism and why it is the right worldview, while logically refuting the claims of all religions step by step, you guys make posts mocking people who you claim to be in bondage rather than helping them lovingly.

You people are wicked.

Abraham Lincoln saw slaves and believed they shouldn't be slaves. And what did he do? shame them? mock them? no, he freed them. I believe that if you people really believe what you claim you should do the same.

Good evening.

Unlike your beliefs there is no eternal consequence to your persistence in continuing in your beliefs for the atheist so he has no obligation to save you except may be to save you from destroying others by your beliefs. You on the other hand believe wholeheartedly that we shall end up in hell, a place of torment for eternity but you sit in your house have your 3 square meals, watch TV, browse the Internet become bored and go to bed, sparing no thought for those you claim are going to suffer. Shouldn't you be spending every minute of everyday attempting to save people from this hell? Are you not more wicked according to your own criteria? If you truly believed in hell you'd be crying and wailing everyday begging people to be saved but you don't do that because you are very wicked (according to you).

11 Likes

Re: Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People by triplechoice(m): 1:33am On Oct 21, 2021
@ op

I am afraid you're generalising. All atheist or non religious don't behave the same way. But I understand where you're coming from . It is obviously based on what you have experienced and observed here.

But the truth of the matter is that most are behaving that way because they are living their lives based on borrowed behavior. A fake life. That's how I like to describe it.

The foreign atheists whose behavior most of them are copying are from societies where nearly every single member is enlightened enough to know what is right from what is wrong. So it is expected that some, atheist especially, over there would mock you when you behave in a way they consider stupid or irrational .They expect you to know better than to believe in what they consider nonsense or fairy tales.

But on this side, there's no enough reason for anyone who is fortunate to be properly educated and better exposed to go about looking for less enlightened members of his society to insult and abuse simply because these other people insist at a particular point in their lives that they are more comfortable in believing in something rather than in nothing.

Well, I already mentioned that it is borrowed behavior.
If not, what on earth would make anyone who claims to be a former Christian or Muslim turn back to make mockery of those that still believes forgetting that not too long ago he or she was equally a "slowpoke" or religious nut job.

It is an aberration . It's like a former prostitute who is now rehabilitated going back to the hotel she once worked to insult and mock others who are yet to have the opportunity to escape that life. It is really unfair and makes no sense whatsoever.

The proper attitude of a former believer who is really honest about helping others see what he now considers the "light" should be that of concern and understanding and not to take delight in mocking others at every given opportunity even when it is not called for.

If the person who trolls you online grew up as an atheist without having participated in any religious group before, then you should understand the reason for his behavior and not take offence. The person has not had your experience. So it is only natural that the individual would want to understand why you choose to believe in a God .He simply cannot get it no matter how you try to explain

People will always act based on what they know and have experienced. They can't behave otherwise. There are certain things in life that can only be completely understood by a direct experience of it. Nothing else would do.

But when the troll has had that religious experience and now pretends not to, then it is self deception. Don't waste your time .You're dealing with a fake person. Move away .The person already knows the answer to the question he or she is asking you about what you believe. There's no sincerity and you would be stupid to engage such a person. The person is looking for the opportunity to make you look stupid for what you choose to believe at this time

So please don't regard every atheist or non religious as the same. Not every atheist on ths section behave as you have described .We all can't be the same. Everyone has their own method

However, you on your part should also learn to respect what others choose to believe or not to believe. That's the only way we can all make for a harmonious relationship amongs the different groups that exist here..

Final word. Please don't regard me as a representative of any group. All I have said is from me alone. Others can choose to see things differently and they have the right to see things their own way.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People by Dtruthspeaker: 3:02am On Oct 21, 2021
Hismasterpiece:

You people are wicked.

Good evening.

grin CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! SPLENDID. grin

A very beautiful and fair presentation capturing The Truths we have all seen and experienced here.

Beautiful! I do Say! grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People by Dtruthspeaker: 3:12am On Oct 21, 2021
LordReed:

Unlike your beliefs there is no eternal consequence to your persistence in continuing in your beliefs for the atheist so he has no obligation to save you except may be to save you from destroying others with your beliefs. You on the other hand believe wholeheartedly that we shall end up in hell, a place of torment for eternity but you sit in your house have your 3 square meals, watch TV, browse the Internet become bored and go to bed, sparing no thought for those you claim are going to suffer. Shouldn't you be spending every minute of everyday attempting to save people from this hell? Are you not more wicked according to your own criteria? If you truly believed in hell you'd be crying and wailing everyday begging people to be saved but you don't do that because you are very wicked (according to you).

Can an Atheist come and speak The Truth against this well known Satanist?

Shall any one of you, so called atheis do this good thing and Truly go against this Liar to correct him that he Lies?
Re: Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:48am On Oct 21, 2021
There is one thing that makes atheism wicked but the same thing affects all the religious groups on this planet!
According to God's word all false religious organizations are on the same page with atheism. The reason that people feel they have the right to choose any form of worship that soothes their liken is a big promotion for atheism!
Atheists are arguing for what they feel is right but you people are arguing that God is the one who knows what is right, OK which of all your numerous religious groups are doing God's will? You don't want to discuss that yet you're expecting right thinking persons to embrace your stupidity in the name of God!
If there is God the first question that needs to be answered is:
How many are they?
If you all agree that there is just one then the next question should be:
How do we worship Him?
But accepting all forms of worship in the name of One God is the problem you people are creating for yourselves! undecided
Re: Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People by triplechoice(m): 7:44am On Oct 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
There is one thing that makes atheism wicked but the same thing affects all the religious groups on this planet!
According to God's word all false religious organizations are on the same page with atheism. The reason that people feel they have the right to choose any form of worship that soothes their liken is a big promotion for atheism!
Atheists are arguing for what they feel is right but you people are arguing that God is the one who knows what is right, OK which of all your numerous religious groups are doing God's will? You don't want to discuss that yet you're expecting right thinking persons to embrace your stupidity in the name of God!
If there is God the first question that needs to be answered is:
How many are they?
If you all agree that there is just one then the next question should be:
How do we worship Him?
But accepting all forms of worship in the name of One God is the problem you people are creating for yourselves! undecided

Calling others wicked because of what they choose to believe or not doesn't make you a good person.

You don't automatically become a good person by labeling others as wicked. It is your actions that would demonstrate the kind of person you are.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:10am On Oct 21, 2021
triplechoice:

Calling others wicked because of what they choose to believe or not doesn't make you a good person.You don't automatically become a good person by labeling others as wicked. It is your actions that would demonstrate the kind of person you are.
It's what you have in mind that will determine your actions {Luke 6:45} if you believe that it's evil to aim a gun or any other weapons against your fellowman definitely you can't be a killer! smiley
Re: Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People by LordReed(m): 9:04am On Oct 21, 2021
triplechoice:
@ op

I am afraid you're generalising. All atheist or non religious don't behave the same way. But I understand where you're coming from . It is obviously based on what you have experienced and observed here.

But the truth of the matter is that most are behaving that way because they are living their lives based on borrowed behavior. A fake life. That's how I like to describe it.

The foreign atheists whose behavior most of them are copying are from societies where nearly every single member is enlightened enough to know what is right from what is wrong. So it is expected that some, atheist especially, over there would mock you when you behave in a way they consider stupid or irrational .They expect you to know better than to believe in what they consider nonsense or fairy tales.

But on this side, there's no enough reason for anyone who is fortunate to be properly educated and better exposed to go about looking for less enlightened members of his society to insult and abuse simply because these other people insist at a particular point in their lives that they are more comfortable in believing in something rather than in nothing.

Well, I already mentioned that it is borrowed behavior.
If not, what on earth would make anyone who claims to be a former Christian or Muslim turn back to make mockery of those that still believes forgetting that not too long ago he or she was equally a "slowpoke" or religious nut job.

It is an aberration . It's like a former prostitute who is now rehabilitated going back to the hotel she once worked to insult and mock others who are yet to have the opportunity to escape that life. It is really unfair and makes no sense whatsoever.

The proper attitude of a former believer who is really honest about helping others see what he now considers the "light" should be that of concern and understanding and not to take delight in mocking others at every given opportunity even when it is not called for.

If the person who trolls you online grew up as an atheist without having participated in any religious group before, then you should understand the reason for his behavior and not take offence. The person has not had your experience. So it is only natural that the individual would want to understand why you choose to believe in a God .He simply cannot get it no matter how you try to explain

People will always act based on what they know and have experienced. They can't behave otherwise. There are certain things in life that can only be completely understood by a direct experience of it. Nothing else would do.

But when the troll has had that religious experience and now pretends not to, then it is self deception. Don't waste your time .You're dealing with a fake person. Move away .The person already knows the answer to the question he or she is asking you about what you believe. There's no sincerity and you would be stupid to engage such a person. The person is looking for the opportunity to make you look stupid for what you choose to believe at this time

So please don't regard every atheist or non religious as the same. Not every atheist on ths section behave as you have described .We all can't be the same. Everyone has their own method

However, you on your part should also learn to respect what others choose to believe or not to believe. That's the only way we can all make for a harmonious relationship amongs the different groups that exist here..

Final word. Please don't regard me as a representative of any group. All I have said is from me alone. Others can choose to see things differently and they have the right to see things their own way.

Is someone who thinks it is acceptable to kill witches and homosexuals because their holy book says so a religious nut job or not?

1 Like

Re: Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People by triplechoice(m): 9:10am On Oct 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

It's what you have in mind that will determine your actions {Luke 6:45} if you believe that it's evil to aim a gun or any other weapons against your fellowman definitely you can't be a killer! smiley

It's only a mad person that would act out whatever thoughts that enter their head.

A sane person would always try to edit whatever thoughts that come in to know if it is the proper thing to do or not.

Not everything that we think about that we follow through. If it is as the way you describe it , then it would not be uncommon to see a lot of people around behaving irrationally and who knows maybe one of those of your neighbors and relatives who hate you as JW would have gotten you killed already.

The bible verse you quoted is church theology. It has no basis in reality.

1 Like

Re: Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People by triplechoice(m): 9:41am On Oct 21, 2021
LordReed:

Is someone who thinks it is acceptable to kill witches and homosexuals because their holy book says so a religious nut job or not?

Telling them so directly wouldn't change anything. They lack the awareness to understand what you're saying. They are indoctrinated and operating from that state.

Psychological studies has demonstrated the fact that no one who is truly indoctrinated or brainwashed is ever conscious of it. They have been programmed to act in a particular way and can only change when the have been deprogrammed. So it is of no use .

Or would you for any reason try to convince a suicide bomber who is at the point of detonating a suicide vest that it is unreasonable to do so ? And also wait to further call him a religion nutjob when you should escaping with your life? This an extreme example but I believe it would help you understand my position better

A religious nutjob should be avoided at any cost. One can only try to engage the moderates. Those are sometimes amenable to reason.
Re: Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People by LordReed(m): 9:50am On Oct 21, 2021
triplechoice:

Telling them so directly wouldn't change anything. They lack the awareness to understand what you're saying. They are indoctrinated and operating from that state.

Psychological studies has demonstrated the fact that no one who is truly indoctrinated or brainwashed is ever conscious of it. They have been programmed to act in a particular way and can only change when the have been deprogrammed. So it is of no use .

Or would you for any reason try to convince a suicide bomber who is at the point of detonating a suicide vest that it is unreasonable to do so ? And also wait to further call him a religion nutjob when you should escaping with your life? This an extreme example but I believe it would help you understand my position better

A religious nutjob should be avoided at any cost. One can only try to engage the moderates. Those are sometimes amenable to reason.

I understand your position, I just want it underlined that there exist reasons to mock people who hold certain beliefs especially if they are extreme. I believe that it is more about the context than the fact that they are being mocked. I personally avoid mocking people for being believers but will not hesitate to tongue lash those who I think deserve it for expressing stupìd ideas. It may do nothing to change their minds but it should give some others a pause and a chance to reason. I was once a believer in god but conversations both reasoned and heated gave me the impetus to really examine my beliefs. In fact they still do, I don't take my positions as written in stone.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People by Dtruthspeaker: 9:54am On Oct 21, 2021
LordReed:

In every place on the earth, in the past witches who harmed people were killed and homosexuals were also killed or cast out into Nature, For Nature to handle the Killing, even before the Bible was written.

So the Bible is simply sticking to The Laws at the Beginning of this world.
Re: Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People by Workch: 10:01am On Oct 21, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

In every place on the earth, in the past witches who harmed people were killed and homosexuals were also killed or cast out into Nature, For Nature to handle the Killing, even before the Bible was written.

So the Bible is simply sticking to The Laws at the Beginning of this world.
Dude, you want to fight me because I said your god doesn’t exist grin

What does that make you?

3 Likes

Re: Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People by Dtruthspeaker: 10:01am On Oct 21, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

"Mens Rea"
Re: Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People by Dtruthspeaker: 10:03am On Oct 21, 2021
Workch:
Dude, you want to fight me because I said your god doesn’t exist grin

What does that make you?

I WANT TO BEAT YOU UP BECAUSE YOU INSULT ME!

DID YOU ANSWER MY CHALLENGE?

LET ME GO AND CHECK!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Jay-Z Disses JESUS CHRIST Singing "Empire State of Mind" Feat Alicia Keys / What Does It Mean That The Dead Know Nothing (Ecclesiastes 9:5)? / Has Atheism Ever Gotten U Into Trouble?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.