Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Why Is There No Electricity?! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is There No Electricity?! (985 Views)

Nigerians Are Suffering With No Electricity / Even With No Electricity, Some Are Happy, Calling Others "Obi D iots", Wow! / Fuel Scarcity, No Electricity: Nigerians Are Really Suffering – Ben Bruce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is There No Electricity?! by zuchyblink(m): 5:25am On Mar 05
eepeepook:
Is NEPA on colos? What could be the reason? It’s almost three months now we’ve done without electricity and none of their staff have cared to announce in detail what the problem is. The grid has been falling without rising for almost two decades. The price of petroleum products is too high for someone to consider primarily running on generator sets.

What is this madness?!
Who will buy Dangote's PMS and diesel if there is steady electricity?

1 Like

Re: Why Is There No Electricity?! by nairalanda1(m): 6:00am On Mar 05
zuchyblink:

He can export to other nations...especially West and central Africa...if he needs extra money

1 Like

Re: Why Is There No Electricity?! by eepeepook: 8:08am On Mar 05
zuchyblink:

People with automobiles. Nowadays, petroleum is too expensive to power generators. Those are already a higher priority compared to vehicles.
Re: Why Is There No Electricity?! by Princewill1(m): 9:03am On Mar 05
nairalanda1:

Well, anytime I come on line to tell you guys the truth about the power sector, and all that, y'all start screaming propaganda.

But to start with the issues

1.DISCOS are struggling to make enough money, which is why many of them reject power , because they won't be able to pay for it.

2.They surivie because government pays them a subsidy, which barely keeps their head above water, but does not allow them make enough profit to make the much needed investments in repairing infrastructure.

3.At least one disco has declared force maejure...ie collapsed...because of the cash issues, and has been taken over by the government. Three others have been essentially taken over by the banks they owe money to.

4.Also discos survive by not paying tax, because they are too broke to do so

5.And then they also rip off part of their customer base via ESTIMATED BILLING because at the end of the day, that helps them make money.

I suggest you read the paper 'Solving the liquidity crunch in the power sector'. It answers a lot of questions.LInked here.

FInally, if you don't believe me, believe the experts

SAUCE

See the problem?

All the issues in the power sector...BAD management and corruption inclusinve...arise from a lack of a cost reflective tarrif.

Then address "Inflation Reflective Wage" first.

Minimum wage is 30k.

You can't leave out economic inequalities in the country and be seeking to protect the business interest of the rich few.

You so much believe in these people. You swallow whatever the say without scrutiny. That man is a stakeholder seeking to protect his interest.
Re: Why Is There No Electricity?! by nairalanda1(m): 10:44am On Mar 05
Princewill1:
Then address "Inflation Reflective Wage" first.

Minimum wage is 30k.

You can't leave out economic inequalities in the country and be seeking to protect the business interest of the rich few.

You so much believe in these people. You swallow whatever the say without scrutiny. That man is a stakeholder seeking to protect his interest.

I thought I told you that I think wages must be raised. Hell, I even think minimum wage should be at least 80000 or even 120000( my wildest dream).

Looks like you didn't hear.

Plus I don't believe in any corrupt person. I just simply believe in the right of any business, including any business YOU set up to set it's prices as it sees fit.

Simple and short.
Re: Why Is There No Electricity?! by eepeepook: 1:03pm On Mar 20
The worst part is, the hotter the day, the more sure one is that NEPA will not provide electricity. We are cursed in this country.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fellow nairaland Let Us Pray For The Forthcoming Election / Ptdf, What About Others? / A Vote Not Cast Is A Vote Wasted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.