Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,337 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

2001 Toyota Rav4 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2001 Toyota Rav4 (593 Views)

2001 Toyota Camry Timing Belt Issues / All-new 2019 Toyota Rav4 Unveiled (photos, Details And Price) / Toyota To Unveil The New RAV4 At The New York Auto Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2001 Toyota Rav4 by Dosland: 5:27pm On Mar 03
Update: Thanks for your help guys. My mechanic has solved the 02 sensor issues grin

My Rav4 consumes too much fuel, full tank (55 litters) does 150km only embarassed I have done scan twice, they said the 02 sensors are not working.

I will appreciate contact of a good rewire in Lagos that can help me fix this 02 sensor issue. Any other solutions will be appreciated.
Re: 2001 Toyota Rav4 by 2shure: 5:53am On Mar 04
I can get brand new one for u.30k. Don't buy toks. They are all condemed
Re: 2001 Toyota Rav4 by Dosland: 10:18am On Mar 04
2shure:

OK boss
Re: 2001 Toyota Rav4 by Bullfallo(m): 10:28am On Mar 04
Dosland:
My Rav4 consumes too much fuel, full tank (55 litters) does 150km only embarassed I have done scan twice, they said the 02 sensors are not working.

I will appreciate contact of a good rewire in Lagos that can help me fix this 02 sensor issue. Any other solutions will be appreciated.
the two o2 sensor cannot go bad the same time. What is the history of the car? When it all started?

Using the wrong plug can cause this o2 codes.

Change your plugs to right manufacturer spec. Fuel injector cleaner inside your tank. I’m talking from experience before you waste that money
Re: 2001 Toyota Rav4 by 2shure: 10:48am On Mar 04
Or bettwr still buy 02 spacers 25k. Sorry i misquoted the price based on dollar exhange.my supplier said its scarce but its about 60k when i checked amazon and ebay.if u are okay with it or better still i could help u get the spacers from aliexpress,its abt 25k.it does the trick and your error codes would vanish..
Dosland:

OK boss, kindly msg me on whatsapp 09160457480. I stay in Kola, alagbado
Re: 2001 Toyota Rav4 by Dosland: 11:15am On Mar 04
I have contacted oga gazuzz for 02 spacer, he said it won't work if the car 02 sensor is faulty that's why I couldn't proceed with 02 spacer. I'd prefer to bring the car for fixing. I'm willing to pay provided the error codes will vanish.

2shure:
Or bettwr still buy 02 spacers 25k. Sorry i misquoted the price based on dollar exhange.my supplier said its scarce but its about 60k when i checked amazon and ebay.if u are okay with it or better still i could help u get the spacers from aliexpress,its abt 25k.it does the trick and your error codes would vanish..

I have used fuel injector. I have changed bad coil/spark plugs. The 02 has been like that since i bought the car. Seems the 02 wire need to be traced by rewire.

Bullfallo:
the two o2 sensor cannot go bad the same time. What is the history of the car? When it all started?

Using the wrong plug can cause this o2 codes.

Change your plugs to right manufacturer spec. Fuel injector cleaner inside your tank. I’m talking from experience before you waste that money
Re: 2001 Toyota Rav4 by 2shure: 11:26am On Mar 04
If u can pay for the 02 sensor.od get it 4u direct from aliexpr3ss brandnew.b4 that is it precatalyst 02 sensor or post catalyst.if its the 2nd one then the impact on fuel wont be noticable .also does your car have original catalyst or its empty
Dosland:
I have contacted oga gazuzz for 02 spacer, he said it won't work if the car 02 sensor is faulty that's why I couldn't proceed with 02 spacer. I'd prefer to bring the car for fixing. I'm willing to pay provided the error codes will vanish.

I have used fuel injector. I have changed bad coil/spark plugs. The 02 has been like that since i bought the car. Seems the 02 wire need to be traced by rewire.

Re: 2001 Toyota Rav4 by Dosland: 11:49am On Mar 04
The catalyst is empty duh my panel did local catalyst to it sha. To be on the safe side I prefer to buy in a shop in Nigeria and they fix it because buying from aliexpress is 50/50 if you know what I mean. Please contact me if it is available. "I'd prefer to bring the car for fixing. I'm willing to pay provided the error codes will vanish."

2shure:
If u can pay for the 02 sensor.od get it 4u direct from aliexpr3ss brandnew.b4 that is it precatalyst 02 sensor or post catalyst.if its the 2nd one then the impact on fuel wont be noticable .also does your car have original catalyst or its empty
Re: 2001 Toyota Rav4 by Bullfallo(m): 1:26pm On Mar 04
Dosland:

you might be using the wrong tip of plug. Is it the short plug.? Try the plug with longer tail.
Re: 2001 Toyota Rav4 by Dosland: 2:09pm On Mar 04
Thanks for the concern boss. I have attached 2 pics of it. I will resnap if it's not clear

Bullfallo:
you might be using the wrong tip of plug. Is it the short plug.? Try the plug with longer tail.

Re: 2001 Toyota Rav4 by Bullfallo(m): 2:19pm On Mar 04
Dosland:
Thanks for the concern boss. I have attached 2 pics of it. I will resnap if it's not clear

i mean spark plug
Re: 2001 Toyota Rav4 by Dosland: 2:19pm On Mar 04
I removed the air intake hose to get better view

Re: 2001 Toyota Rav4 by Dosland: 2:21pm On Mar 04
You mean the plugs that are inside the ignition coil?

Bullfallo:
i mean spark plug
Re: 2001 Toyota Rav4 by Bullfallo(m): 2:24pm On Mar 04
Dosland:

yes. If you look the pictures you will notice some plug has the long tail and and some has the short tail. If you use the one when short tail for an engine that use the long tail it can cause the o2 sensor code. Or if the plug are not firing properly to burn the fuel

Re: 2001 Toyota Rav4 by kingreign(m): 8:31pm On Mar 04
2shure:

Pls ignore this person. Na chinko you go buy 30k.

Re: 2001 Toyota Rav4 by Dosland: 10:33pm On Mar 04
Thanks for bringing this to my notice, I couldn't access the plugs by my self so i had to inform my mechanic about my worries, he said i should bring the car to his shop tomorrow morning that he will service the nozzle and also check the spark plugs. I'm glad am making progress. Thanks alot cool

Bullfallo:
yes. If you look the pictures you will notice some plug has the long tail and and some has the short tail. If you use the one when short tail for an engine that use the long tail it can cause the o2 sensor code. Or if the plug are firing probably to burn the fuel

Lol I understand you, I know how to use "vitual dollar card" to order items on aliexpress by myself and I must admit they're lots of fake items on that site. Infact I will rather order what's available on jiji before I consider aliexpress. To mention a few,
I once bought tail light, car tire pressure sensors, iphone watch Charger, indoor TV antenna, OBD scanner etc that are inferior on aliexpress so no guarantee 02 sensor from same site is guaranteed. That's why earlier I said "I'd prefer to bring the car for fixing. I'm willing to pay provided the error codes will vanish."

kingreign:

Pls ignore this person. Na chinko you go buy 30k.

Re: 2001 Toyota Rav4 by nurey(m): 6:48am On Mar 05
Dosland:

From what I know, those two oxygen sensors can never let you use 55L for 150km it will never be the cause. I know because my vehicle too has my two sensors faulty and I used to use 50L for 300km until i made my investigation and found out my fuel tank was leaking.

I am sure you have a leak, I was able to change the catalyst sensor only as I can't find the other sensor. So check well for fuel leak, that mpg is extremely poor
Re: 2001 Toyota Rav4 by kingreign(m): 7:38am On Mar 05
fineboynl:
ná angrygoat be that

I know from the way he types. I just want Mods to help tame him
Re: 2001 Toyota Rav4 by kingreign(m): 7:40am On Mar 05
Dosland:

By the way, where are you located?
Something tells me this is the same people I checked their RAV4 yesterday
Re: 2001 Toyota Rav4 by fineboynl(m): 8:03am On Mar 05
kingreign:

I know from the way he types. I just want Mods to help tame him
how many times they will ban him. He keeps changing moniker.
Re: 2001 Toyota Rav4 by 2shure: 8:24am On Mar 05
Idiot wey dey drive scrap honda.stupid auto manual wey go open useless threads on top one dead car.idiot
fineboynl:
how many times they will ban him. He keeps changing moniker.
Re: 2001 Toyota Rav4 by samsard(m): 4:12pm On Mar 06
kingreign:

By the way, where are you located?
Something tells me this is the same people I checked their RAV4 yesterday
Nah, chief. grin I'm the one from that day.

(1) (Reply)

Drivers Recklessness / Remarkable Advert By Volvo / Screeching Sound On Toyota Sienna 1999

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.