Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,943 members, 7,814,193 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Street Trading, Hawking Still Banned In Lagos State - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Street Trading, Hawking Still Banned In Lagos State (8296 Views)

Woman Filmed Hawking Intimacy Gadget Publicly In Lagos Street / 41 Items Still Banned Under Nigeria-china Currency Swap Deal / Pant Of Lady Hawking Plantain In Leggings In Lagos Shows, Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Street Trading, Hawking Still Banned In Lagos State by Decarbonisation: 7:14pm On Mar 03
Yinmu.
Make una dey decieve una selves.
Re: Street Trading, Hawking Still Banned In Lagos State by Skillsnigeria: 7:16pm On Mar 03
Hmmm
Re: Street Trading, Hawking Still Banned In Lagos State by mmsen: 7:24pm On Mar 03
Alexlalax1:
Create job opportunities and see street trading disappear. Do you think that most of the people that hawks have a choice? You couldn't provide jobs for the citizens and the ones that did it for themselves you are frustrating. Clueless people in position of governance. God punish all una!!!

No society can create job opportunities for a population that doubles every 25 years.

You can keep crying about government but they are simply a sorry reflection of the populace that elects to engage in the most reckless behavior there is - dragging more lives into human misery. Government in Nigeria is useless but they aren't the ones giving women belle, they aren't the ones refusing to use contraceptives.

5 Likes

Re: Street Trading, Hawking Still Banned In Lagos State by bluefilm: 7:25pm On Mar 03
Almunjid:
Our transition from N. Power to Ebin Pawa alone fit force many people into street trading and hawking.

What is this Ebin Pawa I dey see everywhere these days?

Is it a new Power Distribution company? grin
Re: Street Trading, Hawking Still Banned In Lagos State by Almunjid(m): 7:31pm On Mar 03
bluefilm:

What is this Ebin Pawa I dey see everywhere these days?

Is it a new Power Distribution company? grin
Ebin Pawa: we are hungry.
Re: Street Trading, Hawking Still Banned In Lagos State by Hanndye: 7:47pm On Mar 03
Is that right?

I don't think manufacturers are liking this. Doesn't seem to be good for the economy and commerce.

And to think many a politicians today are brought up on this, yet........

Even the so called omo iyaloja don't see anything wrong. Closing and Fencing markets off has been their hallmark. All they need is their votes.
Re: Street Trading, Hawking Still Banned In Lagos State by Slymonster(m): 7:56pm On Mar 03
What happened to agbero. Lol when your car break down in lagos especially on some bridges or places. Extortion left and right by agbero
Re: Street Trading, Hawking Still Banned In Lagos State by godofuck231: 7:57pm On Mar 03
Death sentence for the poor , time for robberies and deeper evils
Re: Street Trading, Hawking Still Banned In Lagos State by yungevvy(m): 7:58pm On Mar 03
godofuck231:
Death sentence for the poor , time for robberies and deeper evils
Hanndye:
Is that right?

I don't think manufacturers are liking this. Doesn't seem to be good for the economy and commerce.

And to think many a politicians today are brought up on this, yet........

Even the so called omo iyaloja don't see anything wrong. Closing and Fencing markets off has been their hallmark. All they need is their votes.

Re: Street Trading, Hawking Still Banned In Lagos State by GenFunction: 8:14pm On Mar 03
Lalami3232:
Even with the hardship, the government still dey give conditions to the masses. Why una no ban Agbero before going for petty traders? Why una no ban other rubbish wey dey happen for the society? Anyways, laslas we all go dey alright. What do I even know sef aside enlightening my fellow men nationwide with the good news.

Oga if you no meet your wife as a virgin, oga go for DNA test oooooo because boreholes aka non-virgins can't be trusted
Leave govt them no sabi dia work
Re: Street Trading, Hawking Still Banned In Lagos State by Menclothing: 8:21pm On Mar 03
Why do
People sell in the middle of road

We go to other country and see how citizens behave well

Why will u leave ur house to sell on walk way ?
Re: Street Trading, Hawking Still Banned In Lagos State by Segzy19: 8:29pm On Mar 03
Story story! What of those ones on 3rd mainland bridge every morning?

Dey play!
Re: Street Trading, Hawking Still Banned In Lagos State by udemzyudex(m): 8:32pm On Mar 03
Lol.. As long as you're still taking local government money, all this ones na story for the gods.

Local government give them permission to sell on walkway,street etc because they collect tax from them everyday, that's part of the way they make money too. grin
Re: Street Trading, Hawking Still Banned In Lagos State by Basic123: 9:04pm On Mar 03
Sabadon:
Street trading and indiscriminate display of wares deface the aesthetics of the environment.

However let government provide affordable shops for traders in designated markets
There are affordable markets and shops.. THEY JUST CHOOSE TO BE STUPID AND LAWLESS!
Re: Street Trading, Hawking Still Banned In Lagos State by Basic123: 9:07pm On Mar 03
Queengee:
And Agbero the largest, barbaric, outdated trade littered all over the street of Lagos still allowed to exist

Face your state

Re: Street Trading, Hawking Still Banned In Lagos State by ufotunang: 12:23am On Mar 04
People are hustling inorder to survive this hard economy that was caused by the governmen itself,.and you want to ban them from hustling..are you not worsening the situation of things and putting those people into more poverty hunger hardship...I do not understand the way our government behaves
Re: Street Trading, Hawking Still Banned In Lagos State by ufotunang: 12:26am On Mar 04
How many of them have money to rent shops...with the high costs of renting shops nowadays to do bussiness...how many of them have the money... government focus on things that will better the lifes of lagosians and stop chasing shadows
Re: Street Trading, Hawking Still Banned In Lagos State by Sleekfingers: 1:13am On Mar 04
ufotunang:
How many of them have money to rent shops...with the high costs of renting shops nowadays to do bussiness...how many of them have the money... government focus on things that will better the lifes of lagosians and stop chasing shadows

So they should be selling on the road,Because they don't have money abi ? I don't know if you reside in Lagos......go to idumota ( Nnamdi Azikwe and Ereko) and see the madness of those useless traders, displaying their wares on the road.
The last time I checked there are 36 states in Nigeria. It is not a must to live in Lagos.
Re: Street Trading, Hawking Still Banned In Lagos State by Abaniwealth(f): 4:55am On Mar 04
Almunjid:
Igbo men go change style, dem go load Gala for pocket dey waka for street. Dem go stop u and say: "Nna in case u wan buy Gala, dem dey plenty for my pocket Ooo". grin
Hahaha..So hilarious!
Re: Street Trading, Hawking Still Banned In Lagos State by EmekaA125(m): 6:52am On Mar 04
Okay.
Re: Street Trading, Hawking Still Banned In Lagos State by fkelly(m): 7:30am On Mar 04
Na traders be ur problem, the agboro way dey block Road, cause accident, extort money from motorist, supervise kidnapping, carry out smuggling etc u no see them.

Oghene86:

Rivers State hope una see Lagos state, traders have taken over the road at eleme junction, Oil mill market, and my fear is if there is an accident lives that would be lost will not be compared to the worth of the goods being sold on the middle of road, Fubara please do something about it, traders are selling on the middle of the road.
Re: Street Trading, Hawking Still Banned In Lagos State by Oghene86: 7:37am On Mar 04
fkelly:
Na traders be ur problem, the agboro way dey block Road, cause accident, extort money from motorist, supervise kidnapping, carry out smuggling etc u no see them.

That's a different issue, I de tell you of someone keeping a table at the middle of road selling, if there is an accident there the lives that would be lost would be much, I am looking at the safety of their life not your Agbero issues, you are free to make your observations and leave my comments alone.
Re: Street Trading, Hawking Still Banned In Lagos State by Incrediblekutty(m): 9:15am On Mar 04
Nemere2020:

Lagos State Government

Which of the Lagos States??
Re: Street Trading, Hawking Still Banned In Lagos State by Incrediblekutty(m): 9:21am On Mar 04
AllenSpencer:
And Agbero is thriving in same Lagos state

Hypocrisy and height of double standards!

You people's stereotype about Agbero reflects is annoying. Agbero are conductors and there's nothing illegal about that. This doesn't mean the ones that becomes criminal should be spared, so conductors should be banned in Lagos State before you can know the government is responsible Right?? Nah wa
Re: Street Trading, Hawking Still Banned In Lagos State by newoffer: 11:42am On Mar 04
Build low cost shops . Only the moneybags will buy them up
Alexlalax1:
Create job opportunities and see street trading disappear. Do you think that most of the people that hawks have a choice? You couldn't provide jobs for the citizens and the ones that did it for themselves you are frustrating. Clueless people in position of governance. God punish all una!!!
Re: Street Trading, Hawking Still Banned In Lagos State by ufotunang: 12:24pm On Mar 04
Sleekfingers:

So they should be selling on the road,Because they don't have money abi ? I don't know if you reside in Lagos......go to idumota ( Nnamdi Azikwe and Ereko) and see the madness of those useless traders, displaying their wares on the road.
The last time I checked there are 36 states in Nigeria. It is not a must to live in Lagos.
.. that is the problem.. when the state governors in Nigeria do not develop their LGA areas villages communities in their states in which the development would had attract jobs, bussinesses opportunities, investments, companies industries to those LGA areas villages communities which would had made people in those developed villages communities LGA areas to have jobs to do and bussinesses to involve in and do...in which this will have reduce rural urban migration...it would reduce people migrating to Lagos and other cities in Nigeria and they will remain in their villages communities LGA areas and be working and doing bussinesses..in which it iswould had reduce the population of people in Lagos and other major cities in Nigeria...so state governors have to start to develop their LGA areas villages communities or let a bill or law for local government autonomy be passed and signed for local government to do the development of LGA areas villages communities for this joint account of local government money , allocation that is with the state governors, the state governors are looting and diverting local government money to their own private accounts
Re: Street Trading, Hawking Still Banned In Lagos State by PHAYOL81: 12:56pm On Mar 04
The law still stand but for the economic hardship the residents are facing, the execution of such law should be suspended until things ease up. Of course, they can still keep reminding people it's unacceptable until they're ready to apply the penalty.

GOD BLESS LAGOS STATE

(1) (2) (Reply)

Microsoft Corporation Visits Abuja, Launches Africa Development Centre In Lagos / Palm And Shoe Making Training / Let Us Make Millions Together With Your Connections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.