Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,099 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Twitter War : Igbo Obidients Take A Stand As Edo Obidients Protests On Twitter - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Twitter War : Igbo Obidients Take A Stand As Edo Obidients Protests On Twitter (1626 Views)

Pissed Off Yoruba Obidient Lady Slams Igbo Obidients / #EndSARS: Davido Protests On Top Of A Fuel Tanker (Photo) / Leah Sharibu: British Man Protests On The Streets Of London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter War : Igbo Obidients Take A Stand As Edo Obidients Protests On Twitter by Nyamiriflathed: 10:49pm On Mar 03
bigpriik:
where is the igbo person here?
op you just no feel fine seek help asap.

OP himself is Igbo and Obidient 😂

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter War : Igbo Obidients Take A Stand As Edo Obidients Protests On Twitter by PDPdestroyer(m): 10:50pm On Mar 03
To the “I’m Yoruba but…” I hope you can see your folly in full glare. Self-preservation is important in this contraption but it seems only Yorubas don’t know this yet. Many of the current generation of Yoruba youths would have sold themselves into slavery without knowing, if not for those of us who kept guard

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter War : Igbo Obidients Take A Stand As Edo Obidients Protests On Twitter by Nyamiriflathed: 10:51pm On Mar 03
christistruth01:

And they called Sanwo Olu's supporters in Lagos Bigots

Obidients own Tribalism no even get Shame
Even Peter Obi is confused. He has hasn't released any tweet to congratulate Olumide since the 23rd of February when Olu won the labour primary ticket. What a useless party leader 😂

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter War : Igbo Obidients Take A Stand As Edo Obidients Protests On Twitter by tsdarkside(m): 10:51pm On Mar 03
how obi wan become president of nigeria with such followers is still a puzzle to me.... undecided undecided

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter War : Igbo Obidients Take A Stand As Edo Obidients Protests On Twitter by Nyamiriflathed: 10:52pm On Mar 03
tsdarkside:
how obi wan become president of nigeria with such followers is still a puzzle to me.... undecided undecided
And these are the so called educated ones. Imagine the illiterates in the movement.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter War : Igbo Obidients Take A Stand As Edo Obidients Protests On Twitter by tsdarkside(m): 10:55pm On Mar 03
Nyamiriflathed:

And these are the so called educated ones. Imagine the illiterates in the movement.

i dont wanna....you mean those that carry charms around and will kill you at any opportunity....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter War : Igbo Obidients Take A Stand As Edo Obidients Protests On Twitter by Goodvibes007: 10:56pm On Mar 03
PDPdestroyer:
To the “I’m Yoruba but…” I hope you can see your folly in full glare. Self-preservation is important in this contraption but it seems only Yorubas don’t know this yet. Many of the current generation of Yoruba youths would have sold themselves into slavery without knowing, if not for those of us who kept guard
Yoruba youths are the weakest link in all the youths in the federation..

You see the tribal politics that the edolites are playing despite Olumide not insulting Edo or calling them afooonja like one idiot Chinedu like that.

In terms of qualifications,
Olumide AKpata >>>>>>GRV

Yet these same Obidients like the ones below tried to force GRV on Lagos yet they don't want Olumide in Edo claiming he has Yoruba name and has low qualifications.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter War : Igbo Obidients Take A Stand As Edo Obidients Protests On Twitter by Goodvibes007: 10:58pm On Mar 03
Another Edo obidient below

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter War : Igbo Obidients Take A Stand As Edo Obidients Protests On Twitter by Goodvibes007: 10:59pm On Mar 03
Same game was played in Enugu. Of course Peter Mbah won with the support of PDP and Obidients youths of Enugu..During that period, the SW youths were so busy joining their fellow Obidients to try and destroy their own region especially Lagos state. They wanted to trade one of the best governors in Nigeria for one GRV.

They don't travel so are very ignorant..
They don't know how good they have it in the SW even though people from that region especially keep migrating in droves to the SW, that should have been a clue but they are idiots.
They were too blind to what was happening in other places as they had their heads stuck up Peter Obi's arse.

The PDP guy, Ighodalo and Omosede Igbenedion (Deputy Gov to Ighodalo, and future governor) will also win in Edo with the support of PDP and Edo Obidients just as it happened in Enugu state.

Ps: Olumide Akpata is being thought a lesson too. The werey was busy building schools and even bought over 20 sienna buses for those Edo LP youths. He also bought them around 20,000 white chairs.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter War : Igbo Obidients Take A Stand As Edo Obidients Protests On Twitter by Deadlytruth(m): 11:10pm On Mar 03
PDPdestroyer:
I have been saying it on NL for years that the problem of Yorubas is complacency and this self delusion of being politically sophisticated and liberal. In addition most Yoruba youths of the present generation are very bereft of the political history of Nigeria and how it was largely shaped by tribal considerations above anything else. I am happy that my Edo State people are teaching them a bitter lesson on the truth about Nigerian politics.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Twitter War : Igbo Obidients Take A Stand As Edo Obidients Protests On Twitter by Nyamiriflathed: 11:14pm On Mar 03
Deadlytruth:

I have been saying it on NL for years that the problem of Yorubas is complacency and this self delusion of being politically sophisticated and liberal. In addition most Yoruba youths of the present generation are very bereft of the political history of Nigeria and how it was largely shaped by tribal considerations above anything else. I am happy that my Edo State people are teaching them a bitter lesson on the truth about Nigerian politics.
Nigerian politics has always been conservative as per region. Our SE brothers destroyed the regionalism. So they can corner alot to themselves.... It was so bad that even Azikiwe's party (NCNC) Yoruba members (let's not even talk about how the party was hijacked after the death of Macaulay)..

Those new modern day SW liberal youths are really very weak. Edo youths are teaching them a big lesson since they missed out on that of Enugu youths last year.

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Twitter War : Igbo Obidients Take A Stand As Edo Obidients Protests On Twitter by Nyamiriflathed: 11:15pm On Mar 03

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter War : Igbo Obidients Take A Stand As Edo Obidients Protests On Twitter by Nyamiriflathed: 11:16pm On Mar 03

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter War : Igbo Obidients Take A Stand As Edo Obidients Protests On Twitter by Pristine664: 11:32pm On Mar 03
tsdarkside:

😂😂😂

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter War : Igbo Obidients Take A Stand As Edo Obidients Protests On Twitter by NaMe4: 3:53am On Mar 04
Goodvibes007:

Yoruba youths are the weakest link in all the youths in the federation..

You see the tribal politics that the edolites are playing despite Olumide not insulting Edo or calling them afooonja like one idiot Chinedu like that.

In terms of qualifications,
Olumide AKpata >>>>>>GRV

Yet these same Obidients like the ones below tried to force GRV on Lagos yet they don't want Olumide in Edo claiming he has Yoruba name and has low qualifications.

In Edo, Rotation between the senatorial zones for Governorship, and even between LGAs for Legislative roles has always been practised for fairness and equity.
That's why naturally, Edolites would look forward to candidates from the expected senatorial zone, except occasionally there may be a consensus by the zone or area to cede it to another in order to support a preferred candidate.

This is a major reason for the voting pattern seen in the last presidential election. Even though the LP candidate was from a different geopolitical zone, he still enjoyed significant support from Edo.

I am yet to see any Edolite who has insulted or disparaged our brother Olumide Akpata.
Apart from having relatively stronger candidates in the PDP and APC, it's a general consensus our rotational pattern is adhered to.
This is another illustration why the argument of 'competence' over 'rotation for equity' is flawed. ALL zones have competent people, Equity is paramount!

Yusuf, for instance, despite being an obidient, knows it's the turn of Edo Central and very credible candidates have been presented from the zone. He has pledged to support one candidate from the zone based on these principles, not necessarily because he is Esan.

No one is playing tribal politics in Edo. What you see on social media is an attempt to infuse the external obidient/Agbadorian mumu fight into Edo politics which would gain no attention from anyone here.
Re: Twitter War : Igbo Obidients Take A Stand As Edo Obidients Protests On Twitter by opamoses1: 4:13am On Mar 04
NaMe4:

In Edo, Rotation between the senatorial zones for Governorship, and even between LGAs for Legislative roles has always been practised for fairness and equity.
That's why naturally, Edolites would look forward to candidates from the expected senatorial zone, except occasionally there may be a consensus by the zone or area to cede it to another in order to support a preferred candidate.

This is a major reason for the voting pattern seen in the last presidential election. Even though the LP candidate was from a different geopolitical zone, he still enjoyed significant support from Edo.

I am yet to see any Edolite who has insulted or disparaged our brother Olumide Akpata.
Apart from having relatively stronger candidates in the PDP and APC, it's a general consensus our rotational pattern is adhered to.
This is another illustration why the argument of 'competence' over 'rotation for equity' is flawed. ALL zones have competent people, Equity is paramount!

Yusuf, for instance, despite being an obidient, knows it's the turn of Edo Central and very credible candidates have been presented from the zone. He has pledged to support one candidate from the zone based on these principles, not necessarily because he is Esan.

No one is playing tribal politics in Edo. What you see on social media is an attempt to infuse the external obidient/Agbadorian mumu fight into Edo politics which would gain no attention from anyone here.
And isn't Igbinedion from the South, Oshiomole from the North, and Obaseki from the South? What happened to central getting skipped between 1999 and 2024. Most importantly, is this so called rotation in the constitution of Nigeria or Edo state?

Yusuf is an Esan man hence he is saying Esan lo kan.
That's tribal. Simple as ABC. Vote for the best candidate and not because someone is from your tribe.

In the thread below, some Obidient are simply not voting for Olumide because to them, he is Yoruboid and not Edoid.

https://www.nairaland.com/8019146/bigotry-cant-vote-yoruba-man

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter War : Igbo Obidients Take A Stand As Edo Obidients Protests On Twitter by Notasyouthink: 5:24am On Mar 04
Afamed:
You can never be an obedient and still have your sense intact
Kettle calling pot black grin grin grin
Person wey get sense dey vote tunubu?

1 Like

Re: Twitter War : Igbo Obidients Take A Stand As Edo Obidients Protests On Twitter by Psady(m): 5:49am On Mar 04
Afamed:
This guys are truly headless chicken, sometimes I wonder if they are manipulated spiritually?

3 Likes

Re: Twitter War : Igbo Obidients Take A Stand As Edo Obidients Protests On Twitter by Psady(m): 5:56am On Mar 04
tsdarkside:
Just 3 years see what will be left of the so called obedient movement.

3 Likes

Re: Twitter War : Igbo Obidients Take A Stand As Edo Obidients Protests On Twitter by TopBanter: 6:00am On Mar 04
Nyamiriflathed:

Even Peter Obi is confused. He has hasn't released any tweet to congratulate Olumide since the 23rd of February when Olu won the labour primary ticket. What a useless party leader 😂

Obi is a shameless ethno-religious “yes daddy” bigot. All informed Nigerians know this for a fact.

It would be interesting to know the opinion of the very intolerant and chauvinistic Obi on homosexuality since it is now revealed his own son is gay.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter War : Igbo Obidients Take A Stand As Edo Obidients Protests On Twitter by TopBanter: 6:03am On Mar 04
Afamed:

True.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter War : Igbo Obidients Take A Stand As Edo Obidients Protests On Twitter by tsdarkside(m): 9:04pm On Mar 04
Psady:
Just 3 years see what will be left of the so called obedient movement.

they will jump on another movement....we are used to it now....

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Poland Ambassador And Investors Visit Governor Alex Otti To Invest In Abia / Police Strike / 6 Lies Told By Alhaji Bello Masari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.