Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,737 members, 7,824,086 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Throwback In History: Concorde Super Sonic Test Flight And Its Heroic Pilots - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Throwback In History: Concorde Super Sonic Test Flight And Its Heroic Pilots (18746 Views)

The Three Historic And Iconic Female Concorde Pilots / Death Of A Dream : The Crash Of Air France Concorde Flight 4590 / The Day A Plane's Window Blew Out During Flight And Sucks Pilot Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback In History: Concorde Super Sonic Test Flight And Its Heroic Pilots by deltateam: 5:51am On Mar 04
Hmm
Re: Throwback In History: Concorde Super Sonic Test Flight And Its Heroic Pilots by Albert0011(m): 6:57am On Mar 04
I read it somewhere that this jet can travel from London to New York within 3 hours and some minutes.

So my biggest question now is, why did they stop manufacturing it and removing it of service?
Re: Throwback In History: Concorde Super Sonic Test Flight And Its Heroic Pilots by Jlow2: 7:11am On Mar 04
And we re still celebrating sharing of rice as an achievement

1 Like

Re: Throwback In History: Concorde Super Sonic Test Flight And Its Heroic Pilots by Astra101: 7:12am On Mar 04
Albert0011:
I read it somewhere that this jet can travel from London to New York within 3 hours and some minutes.

So my biggest question now is, why did they stop manufacturing it and removing it of service?

I'm wondering why they stop this great piece of engineering
Re: Throwback In History: Concorde Super Sonic Test Flight And Its Heroic Pilots by Lomprico2: 7:15am On Mar 04
africandollar:
How many times una wan revamp this same old thread?! Una no dey tire? Ehn Seun and his lazy mods?! angry

Na for people whey just join NL grin
No vex.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback In History: Concorde Super Sonic Test Flight And Its Heroic Pilots by Anguldi(m): 7:24am On Mar 04
Albert0011:

The risk of flying it was much hence poor safety. All the jet were retired after the last crash
Re: Throwback In History: Concorde Super Sonic Test Flight And Its Heroic Pilots by nedekid: 8:09am On Mar 04
I saw this bird several times as a kid while at heathrow or gatwick. It had priority service as in once it is ready to fly, all regular aircrafts will give it clearance, in our naija lingo, e de jump queue.
Quite a small aircraft too compared to the British caledonia, British airways or Nigeria airways aircraft we use to be in. Infact compared to the 747s, 707s, DC10s etc, it looked like miniature.
Very sleek and futuristic looking back then.
Re: Throwback In History: Concorde Super Sonic Test Flight And Its Heroic Pilots by fineboynl(m): 9:08am On Mar 04
I love the way the British journalist speaks and the fast running accent during the 80s and early 90s.

I don’t really known why they change from that this days
Re: Throwback In History: Concorde Super Sonic Test Flight And Its Heroic Pilots by Kingson28: 10:16am On Mar 04
While we were worshiping and serving Amadioha, Sango and other demons, the other parts of the world were advancing in science and technology.
Africans, what has idol worshiping profited you?
Very foolish and backward race of people.
Youths in Africa, especially in Nigeria, are presently busy using juju to do fetish money rituals, destroying the lives of fellow Africans who get caught in their snares and traps.
Africans are running away from their Juju continent to the West - a testament to the fact that worshiping the devil and his demons only destroys the lives and lands of their adherents.
Very unthinking black race.
To even elect sensible political leaders is an uphill task for us.
It’s a pity.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Picture Update Of Some Ongoing Projects In Nigeria / Full Details Of The Lagos Rail Masterplan - Jubril Gawat / Pastor Survives Ghastly Motor Accident In Akwa Ibom State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.