Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,743 members, 7,820,559 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

LP: I am National Youth leader yet Obi silent on my attack in Benin - Eragbe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LP: I am National Youth leader yet Obi silent on my attack in Benin - Eragbe (18793 Views)

LP: I am Back As National Chairman, Restraining Order Set Aside – Abure / Suspended Labour Party Youth Leader, Eragbe Demands N10m From Party, LP Kicks / No Structure Yet Obi's Campaign Takes Centre Stage In Taraba, Other States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

LP: I am National Youth leader yet Obi silent on my attack in Benin - Eragbe by hisexcellency34: 6:51am On Mar 04
Anslem Eragbe, the suspended national youth leader of the Labour Party (LP), says the allegations of fraud against him have not been substantiated.

In October 2022, the party suspended Eragbe for six months over alleged misconduct.

In April 2023, the party said Eragbe was “heavily compromised” and could not work in the interest of the LP, and can no longer speak on its behalf.

Speaking with TheCable on Sunday, Eragbe said he would take legal action against Julius Abure, the national chairman of LP, and other members over his suspension.

Eragbe said only the national executive committee (NEC) of the party has the power to suspend him, not the national working committee (NWC).

“Eragbe Anslem remains the only national youth leader of the Labour Party. I have always been the national youth leader of the party until the next election. Abure and anybody have no powers under the law or constitution of the LP to unilaterally suspend any member of the NWC. Anyone laying claim to my office is going to face the law very soon,” he said.

“As the national youth leader of the Labour Party, I put in place all the media structures for him. I pointed to him what he needed to do before, during and after the election. That was the reason Abure conspired against me.

“Now, what did I get for all the support that I gave to him? I have challenged Abure to come out and prove the allegations of fraud against me but to date, they have not been able to substantiate their false claims.”

‘PETER OBI SILENT ON MY ATTACK IN BENIN’

Eragbe also tackled Peter Obi, presidential candidate of the LP in the 2023 elections, for remaining silent over an alleged attempted murder of his life in Benin City in December.

“I am not surprised that Peter Obi did not speak on the attack on my life. I couldn’t have been surprised because when Abure illegally orchestrated my suspension as the national youth leader, Obi never said a word,” Eragbe said.

“Since 29th of December till date, I have not seen anywhere Peter Obi made a statement concerning my attack. If he did, at least, someone of my calibre, I should have seen it or someone should have sent it to me.”

He said Obi was “quick to make comments” when Abure was manhandled by security operatives.

“He (Obi) spoke on that and everybody saw it but he never spoke about my life. I don’t have anything personal against him but if you want to be a leader, be a leader. As a leader, you have to treat everyone with equity and fairness without taking sides,” Eragbe said.

“Is Abure’s arrest by the Nigerian Police more important than my life? I didn’t know Peter Obi from nowhere until he came to LP yet I gave him all the support he needed. I was one of those who made it possible for him to get the ticket of Labour Party.”

https://www.thecable.ng/lp-yet-to-prove-allegations-against-me-says-suspended-youth-leader/amp?/lp-yet-to-prove-allegations-against-me-says-suspended-youth-leader

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: LP: I am National Youth leader yet Obi silent on my attack in Benin - Eragbe by WhereMyLoud: 6:53am On Mar 04
Your headache.. you will soon invite Peter Obi to settle your family disspute. Mtchew

Bro Peter Obi is a man and is in no position to play the role of God. But any small thing people always for to hear his take on this and that like he is an Oracle. The person that plays god here is Tinubu.. lobby him since you worked against ur own party.

97 Likes 14 Shares

Re: LP: I am National Youth leader yet Obi silent on my attack in Benin - Eragbe by BitterTruth01: 6:58am On Mar 04
You steal the money or not ?
Let’s start from there

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: LP: I am National Youth leader yet Obi silent on my attack in Benin - Eragbe by crossfm: 7:00am On Mar 04
Hehehe.

Peter Obi don suffer. grin cheesy.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LP: I am National Youth leader yet Obi silent on my attack in Benin - Eragbe by TUANKU(m): 7:00am On Mar 04
50 year old youth leader cheesy

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LP: I am National Youth leader yet Obi silent on my attack in Benin - Eragbe by GoodLife4live: 7:00am On Mar 04
That terrorist political party had been hijacked by bigot from a particular section of the country....

Dey think fraud .. birth fraud eat fraud and abuse a lot .....

At the long run dey be the one to cry victimization after reciprocation...

Dem no dey shame

94 Likes 11 Shares

Re: LP: I am National Youth leader yet Obi silent on my attack in Benin - Eragbe by richiemcgold: 7:10am On Mar 04

Sebi dem talk am say Edo na headquarters of obidients. So na like dis una go don turn our presidential villa to boxing ring, dey exchange blows everyday for Aso Villa, dey break bottles on top una head. Make we thank God say Nigerians rejected you pipu.

42 Likes 13 Shares

Re: LP: I am National Youth leader yet Obi silent on my attack in Benin - Eragbe by SpatialKing(m): 7:12am On Mar 04
Very soon if you don't perform on bed you will call Tinubu

7 Likes

Re: LP: I am National Youth leader yet Obi silent on my attack in Benin - Eragbe by tuborme: 7:12am On Mar 04
Judas of Labour Party

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LP: I am National Youth leader yet Obi silent on my attack in Benin - Eragbe by Obiedun(m): 7:20am On Mar 04
That peter obi is a bigot. Let assume it happens in Lagos, that effeminate obi would have been talking trash.

97 Likes 12 Shares

Re: LP: I am National Youth leader yet Obi silent on my attack in Benin - Eragbe by Nyamiriflathed: 7:25am On Mar 04
Don't worry. He also hasn't said anything since Olumide Akpata got nominated in the LP primaries. He is not a good political leader. He is very selfish and will keep running from party to party because he doesn't have what it takes to build one.

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: LP: I am National Youth leader yet Obi silent on my attack in Benin - Eragbe by CrownOfClay724: 7:31am On Mar 04
Peter this. Peter that.
Dem carry Peter matter for their mouth

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: LP: I am National Youth leader yet Obi silent on my attack in Benin - Eragbe by JASONjnr(m): 8:06am On Mar 04
Apparently, there was an eye-service act for people to say something about it?

1 Like

Re: LP: I am National Youth leader yet Obi silent on my attack in Benin - Eragbe by Solsix(m): 8:08am On Mar 04
Who be this one??

1 Like

Re: LP: I am National Youth leader yet Obi silent on my attack in Benin - Eragbe by JealousCobra(m): 8:20am On Mar 04
Nyamiriflathed:
Don't worry. He also hasn't said anything since Olumide Akpata got nominated in the LP primaries. He is not a good political leader. He is very selfish and will keep running from party to party because he doesn't have what it takes to build one.

Your moniker says it all, wailing wailer.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: LP: I am National Youth leader yet Obi silent on my attack in Benin - Eragbe by bigdammyj: 8:20am On Mar 04
Noted.
Re: LP: I am National Youth leader yet Obi silent on my attack in Benin - Eragbe by Curious346: 8:21am On Mar 04
Leave Obi outta ya mess .

Sort out yourselves locally

4 Likes

Re: LP: I am National Youth leader yet Obi silent on my attack in Benin - Eragbe by ProudNigerian01: 8:21am On Mar 04
Food don done for haters of Labour Party. I want you to sha remember that Nigeria is a multi-party democracy and we need strong opposition voices to actually enjoy the dividends of democracy.

I came here to preach too:

Are you a christian?
Christopher Orji says:
"Let your character preach the Gospel of repentance and remission of sin to all"

Make sure you use your words and character to preach Christ, let people feel God's love in you extending to them.

Be kind. Be polite. Be respectful. Be humble. Be diligent. Be Honest.

You cannot claim you love God or even know Him when you are always quarreling or being lazy.

Love God truly with all your being and show it in your words and character.

Mark.12.33 - And to love Him with all the heart, with all the understanding, with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love one's neighbor as oneself, is more than all the whole burnt offerings and sacrifices."

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: LP: I am National Youth leader yet Obi silent on my attack in Benin - Eragbe by magoo10(m): 8:21am On Mar 04
Being peter obi is not an easy job.
You could also have called his attention without going to the media but we are sure he will give attention to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LP: I am National Youth leader yet Obi silent on my attack in Benin - Eragbe by Growingboi(m): 8:21am On Mar 04
Edo treat your Bleep up and you want Peter Obi to put mouth so that them go treat am join your Fuckup, You think say Obi no get sense?

4 Likes

Re: LP: I am National Youth leader yet Obi silent on my attack in Benin - Eragbe by ArewaNightmare: 8:21am On Mar 04
grin 70 years old youth , Peter obi go soon choke una ,

One day someone will blame Peter obi for his inability to impregnate his wife

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: LP: I am National Youth leader yet Obi silent on my attack in Benin - Eragbe by AmakaTips2: 8:23am On Mar 04
Is your problem the problem we have in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: LP: I am National Youth leader yet Obi silent on my attack in Benin - Eragbe by Coolestguy2023: 8:23am On Mar 04
It's a family affair. Gbajue on the beat

The slaves of Peter Obi will come to his defence just watch.
Obi cares only abiut Igbos

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: LP: I am National Youth leader yet Obi silent on my attack in Benin - Eragbe by JooEeL(m): 8:23am On Mar 04
Haha, Obi no send anybody papa o cheesy

Obi to daju bi nnkan mii.

Evn if people die for Anambra, Obi no go talk.

Hin no send una at all. Man can't be pushed around. cheesy
Re: LP: I am National Youth leader yet Obi silent on my attack in Benin - Eragbe by omoadeleye(m): 8:23am On Mar 04
Sorry, you are not ab igbo

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: LP: I am National Youth leader yet Obi silent on my attack in Benin - Eragbe by Alexlalax1(m): 8:23am On Mar 04
Every tom, dick and harry wan carry Peter Obi trend. Ndi ala, ndi ala

3 Likes

Re: LP: I am National Youth leader yet Obi silent on my attack in Benin - Eragbe by naija4life247: 8:24am On Mar 04
Your head no correct

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Murray-Bruce: Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Not A Witch-Hunt / Banks Suspend Twitter Support For Products / Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Tinubu Ignores Critics, Submits INEC Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.