Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,356 members, 7,829,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Is Is True That If A Husband Beats His Wife Regularly Then It's Her Fault. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Is True That If A Husband Beats His Wife Regularly Then It's Her Fault. (324 Views)

19-Year-Old Boy Slaps, Beats His Grandmom Over Food In Lagos (Pix, Video) / Man Beats His Wife, Breaks Her Lower Jaw, Damages Her Left Eye In Adamawa (Pix) / Lady Cheats On Her Husband After Opening A Boutique For Her, Husband Beats Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Is True That If A Husband Beats His Wife Regularly Then It's Her Fault. by RevenuesBoost(f): 4:56pm On Mar 04
I came across this post on Facebook.

It says, "You are married to a man and he is beating you all the time,... Just know that 90% is your fault as the lady"

So many ladies were not in support of the post.
What do have to say about this, do you think he is right?

Re: Is Is True That If A Husband Beats His Wife Regularly Then It's Her Fault. by RevenuesBoost(f): 4:57pm On Mar 04
Here was my reply :

You're right in a way.

But not in all cases.

Research has shown that, a man who grew up and watched his father beating up his mother several times, has the likelihood of doing same.

Even when he has succeeded in controlling his temper for a while, will definitely raise his hand on her someday with the thought, "my Dad was right in beating my mum, women are actually very stubborn, so you just have to beat them to put sense into their head" which is very wrong.

This is the number one reason men beat up their wives.

They forget that while growing up, they get into misunderstandings with their siblings, friends, etc. Most times it resulted into serious fights.

My point is, if the man and the woman have the understanding that no two grown up adults can live in one roof without any misunderstanding, then they will learn to always accept their faults apologize to each other and be willing to forgive each other 77x7 times every day.

So the man should make up his mind that no matter the misunderstanding they'll have in the future, the thought of raising up his hands on her should be erased.

For women that are unlucky to get married to woman beaters, silence is the key.
Don't say a word, don't walk away from him. Just pretend you're deaf and dumb.
It's called silent treatment, he'll realize he was wrong.
Words from two angry people , stir up fights, the solution is that one person must remain quiet and the fight will never happen.

Another solution is, teaching your male children that no matter what their sisters or female friends do to them, they should always report it to an elderly person and not fight them.
They should know the male bones are built stronger than that of the female, so they should rather pamper than beat women.

This was my reply, what's yours?

2 Likes

Re: Is Is True That If A Husband Beats His Wife Regularly Then It's Her Fault. by Tallesty1(m): 5:04pm On Mar 04
100% her fault.

She is being beaten because she is still there.

Nobody go beat her if she pack go her papa house.

6 Likes

Re: Is Is True That If A Husband Beats His Wife Regularly Then It's Her Fault. by RevenuesBoost(f): 5:08pm On Mar 04
Tallesty1:
100% her fault.

She is being beaten because she is still there.

Nobody go beat her if she pack go her papa house.

😂😂
Re: Is Is True That If A Husband Beats His Wife Regularly Then It's Her Fault. by Little21: 7:16pm On Mar 04
Yes it's her fault.

Nothing is stopping her from divorcing such thing. But she decided to stay, so she is at fault.
Re: Is Is True That If A Husband Beats His Wife Regularly Then It's Her Fault. by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:05pm On Mar 04
yep, thats the lady's fault for staying with that physically abusive animal she calls "husband"... and the fact that the OP agrees with says a lot about the state of mind of some women (if the OP is one sha)
Re: Is Is True That If A Husband Beats His Wife Regularly Then It's Her Fault. by RevenuesBoost(f): 11:30pm On Mar 04
MrBrownJay1:
yep, thats the lady's fault for staying with that physically abusive animal she calls "husband"... and the fact that the OP agrees with says a lot about the state of mind of some women (if the OP is one sha)

You don't understand that question.
He's not asking what she should do after she's been beaten.

He said 90% of the reason she was beaten is her fault, I want to know your view on this?
Re: Is Is True That If A Husband Beats His Wife Regularly Then It's Her Fault. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:34pm On Mar 04
RevenuesBoost:
I came across this post on Facebook.

It says, "You are married to a man and he is beating you all the time,... Just know that 90% is your fault as the lady"

So many ladies were not in support of the post.
What do have to say about this, do you think he is right?

if hubby is always right, then he should be millionaire

becoz he is always right with right decisions

1 Like

Re: Is Is True That If A Husband Beats His Wife Regularly Then It's Her Fault. by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:41pm On Mar 04
RevenuesBoost:
You don't understand that question.
He's not asking what she should do after she's been beaten.

He said 90% of the reason she was beaten is her fault, I want to know your view on this?

i fully understood the question and thus why i gave the above answer aka yep (its true), thats the lady's fault for staying with that physically abusive animal she calls "husband" meaning that if the lady stays in that abusive r/ship then she has only herself to blame.

but the fact that you (as a supposed woman) believe that this physically abusive man is right, says a lot about your state of mind.
Re: Is Is True That If A Husband Beats His Wife Regularly Then It's Her Fault. by Brandiebird: 12:02am On Mar 05
Op is giving Stockholm syndrome 🤔.

You’re response suggests that a woman should work around an abusive partner, do things and avoid things in order to avoid an ass whopping.
Re: Is Is True That If A Husband Beats His Wife Regularly Then It's Her Fault. by Sandralight(f): 12:05am On Mar 05
RevenuesBoost:
Here was my reply :

You're right in a way.

But not in all cases.

Research has shown that, a man who grew up and watched his father beating up his mother several times, has the likelihood of doing same.

Even when he has succeeded in controlling his temper for a while, will definitely raise his hand on her someday with the thought, "my Dad was right in beating my mum, women are actually very stubborn, so you just have to beat them to put sense into their head" which is very wrong.

This is the number one reason men beat up their wives.

They forget that while growing up, they get into misunderstandings with their siblings, friends, etc. Most times it resulted into serious fights.

My point is, if the man and the woman have the understanding that no two grown up adults can live in one roof without any misunderstanding, then they will learn to always accept their faults apologize to each other and be willing to forgive each other 77x7 times every day.

So the man should make up his mind that no matter the misunderstanding they'll have in the future, the thought of raising up his hands on her should be erased.

For women that are unlucky to get married to woman beaters, silence is the key.
Don't say a word, don't walk away from him. Just pretend you're deaf and dumb.
It's called silent treatment, he'll realize he was wrong.
Words from two angry people , stir up fights, the solution is that one person must remain quiet and the fight will never happen.

Another solution is, teaching your male children that no matter what their sisters or female friends do to them, they should always report it to an elderly person and not fight them.
They should know the male bones are built stronger than that of the female, so they should rather pamper than beat women.

Any man that beat a woman is a beast, can the man do the same with his boss if the boss insults him or his fellow man, the reason a man beat a woman is because he sees she is weaker than him.

You said silence like that has ever stopped domestic abuse, a woman beater will always be a woman beater, if a man get married to a stubborn woman, then the woman would have probably be showing the signs, he should get a divorce, life is not that complicated, you can't be with a partner that doesn't give you peace of mind, that is a better option than beating someone is who definitely weaker than you and mind you many domestic violence cases isn't usually the woman fault.
Majority of the fault is from the men, check the % of women that have been killed by their partners, you should be advising any woman that is been abuse to leave the relationship than telling her to be quiet like that is going to solve the problem.

You are probably a guy behind this account anyway so I won't waste time saying too much
Re: Is Is True That If A Husband Beats His Wife Regularly Then It's Her Fault. by RevenuesBoost(f): 12:55pm On Mar 05
MrBrownJay1:

i fully understood the question and thus why i gave the above answer aka yep (its true), thats the lady's fault for staying with that physically abusive animal she calls "husband" meaning that if the lady stays in that abusive r/ship then she has only herself to blame.

but the fact that you (as a supposed woman) believe that this physically abusive man is right, says a lot about your state of mind.

Scroll back up, read my reply with understanding.

I needed your view on the matter nothing more.
You don't have to attack a comment you don't understand.
Re: Is Is True That If A Husband Beats His Wife Regularly Then It's Her Fault. by RevenuesBoost(f): 1:07pm On Mar 05
Sandralight:

Any man that beat a woman is a beast, can the man do the same with his boss if the boss insults him or his fellow man, the reason a man beat a woman is because he sees she is weaker than him.

You said silence like that has ever stopped domestic abuse, a woman beater will always be a woman beater, if a man get married to a stubborn woman, then the woman would have probably be showing the signs, he should get a divorce, life is not that complicated, you can't be with a partner that doesn't give you peace of mind, that is a better option than beating someone is who definitely weaker than you and mind you many domestic violence cases isn't usually the woman fault.
Majority of the fault is from the men, check the % of women that have been killed by their partners, you should be advising any woman that is been abuse to leave the relationship than telling her to be quiet like that is going to solve the problem.

You are probably a guy behind this account anyway so I won't waste time saying too much

You're shocked to see a lady give such reply?

Fathers wouldn't want their children talking back at them, or an elder brother wouldn't want his younger ones talking back at him.
So a woman should learn to give her husband that respect.

Majority of quarrels and fights in marriages is due to disrespect. If this is fixed then the marriage is fixed.

It's not easy to be quiet when you're boiling from the inside and possibly very angry as he is but you just have to remember the Bible portion that says, "soft words turneth away wrath" meaning you don't have to shout back at your husband, rather communicate to his calmly, not instantly when the quarrel is still hot but after the quarrel.

Same with parents, you apologize to your Dad or mum when you do something wrong, it shouldn't be different in your marriages.

The man should apologize when he is wrong and the woman should do same when she is wrong, it will stop future quarrels that may lead to fights.

Any woman that divorces her husband when she knows from her heart that she has a running mouth will still divorce the 2nd and 3rd husband because she can never live with a man talkless of a fellow woman because she has a bad character that she doesn't want to fix.

1 Like

Re: Is Is True That If A Husband Beats His Wife Regularly Then It's Her Fault. by RevenuesBoost(f): 1:12pm On Mar 05
Brandiebird:
Op is giving Stockholm syndrome 🤔.

You’re response suggests that a woman should work around an abusive partner, do things and avoid things in order to avoid an ass whopping.

You don't understand my response
Read to the end please
Re: Is Is True That If A Husband Beats His Wife Regularly Then It's Her Fault. by Brandiebird: 2:31pm On Mar 05
RevenuesBoost:

You don't understand my response
Read to the end please

It seems that you don’t understand how domestic violence works. You have a very simplified understanding of dv, because for many people it isn’t a misunderstanding that leads to violence but rather a power difference in a relationship.

Many women and men who experience violence in their relationships are not necessarily argumentative. Most of the time they are kind, respectful and supportive, and they still get beaten on.

The only real solution to dv is to leave the relationship the first time you experience violence. Don’t change, rationalise or understand but leave.
Re: Is Is True That If A Husband Beats His Wife Regularly Then It's Her Fault. by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:05pm On Mar 05
RevenuesBoost:
Scroll back up, read my reply with understanding.
I needed your view on the matter nothing more.
You don't have to attack a comment you don't understand.

you do not know much about abuse and/or how to deal with it. but by all means let me help you:
A) domestic/physical/emotional/verbal abuse is about TWO PEOPLE (the abuser and the abused). the minute you solely focus on the abuser and disregard the abused in this issue, thats when you have lost the plot.
B) the abuser can NEVER be right, regardless of whatever yeye excuse they may give you. walking away is the best solution. if a person was abused by their parents when younger, then it certainly does NOT Justify abusing others (when you cant deal with disagreement), does it?
C) these abusers are DAMAGED people and no matter how much silence you give them, that wont solve the problem (Unless you never open your mouth ever again aka Madness!). again, stop focussing on the person who is abused and did nothing wrong, but instead solely focus on the damaged person that needs help (aka the abuser). telling abused people to be quiet in order not to be abused is the ABSOLUTE WORST advice ever. you should instead ask them to save their lives and leave that abuser until he/she can get professional help and fix their own mental problem.
D) nobody should ever remain quiet... you are a human being, not a pet. you should always be able to say your mind in a mature adult manner. if anything you say will get a person mad then the problem is NOT YOU; its that yeye erson who cant accept that you have your own mind/views and opinion. if you cannot make your own mind and/or have your opinion/view in your union then you are just a slave and need to get the hell out of this yeye union.
E) you should teach your male child that its ok to disagree with someone and have different opinion/views. you should teach your children that there is no reason to use physical force to put a point across (whether they are bigger or smaller), and instead they should be able to voice their opinion in a respectful manner, regardless of how bigger/stronger that child may be. remember, just because its a male child, doesnt automatically means that he will be stronger/bigger than his sibling, but furthermore you should instead teach that child that there will always be someone bigger/stronger than you in this world....
Re: Is Is True That If A Husband Beats His Wife Regularly Then It's Her Fault. by RevenuesBoost(f): 5:35pm On Mar 05
MrBrownJay1:

you do not know much about abuse and/or how to deal with it. but by all means let me help you:
A) domestic/physical/emotional/verbal abuse is about TWO PEOPLE (the abuser and the abused). the minute you solely focus on the abuser and disregard the abused in this issue, thats when you have lost the plot.
B) the abuser can NEVER be right, regardless of whatever yeye excuse they may give you. walking away is the best solution. if a person was abused by their parents when younger, then it certainly does NOT Justify abusing others (when you cant deal with disagreement), does it?
C) these abusers are DAMAGED people and no matter how much silence you give them, that wont solve the problem (Unless you never open your mouth ever again aka Madness!). again, stop focussing on the person who is abused and did nothing wrong, but instead solely focus on the damaged person that needs help (aka the abuser). telling abused people to be quiet in order not to be abused is the ABSOLUTE WORST advice ever. you should instead ask them to save their lives and leave that abuser until he/she can get professional help and fix their own mental problem.
D) nobody should ever remain quiet... you are a human being, not a pet. you should always be able to say your mind in a mature adult manner. if anything you say will get a person mad then the problem is NOT YOU; its that yeye erson who cant accept that you have your own mind/views and opinion. if you cannot make your own mind and/or have your opinion/view in your union then you are just a slave and need to get the hell out of this yeye union.
E) you should teach your male child that its ok to disagree with someone and have different opinion/views. you should teach your children that there is no reason to use physical force to put a point across (whether they are bigger or smaller), and instead they should be able to voice their opinion in a respectful manner, regardless of how bigger/stronger that child may be. remember, just because its a male child, doesnt automatically means that he will be stronger/bigger than his sibling, but furthermore you should instead teach that child that there will always be someone bigger/stronger than you in this world....

Like I said, read my comment with understanding.
After you're done,
Leave my comments for me.
I'm not here for arguments.
My IQ is too high for you.

Say your own view on the matter.
That's all

(1) (Reply)

New Online Service Aimed At Creating Safer Homes In Nigeria / Best Choice Home Tutor / Dynomutt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.