Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) (24143 Views)

Why Sudden Increase In Price Of Sachet Water? / Oil Plummets 30% As OPEC Deal Failure Sparks Price War Fears / Lagos International Trade Fair Reopened After Sudden Closure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by Westerhoffe(m): 12:51pm On Mar 05
Morning and afternoon price?
Haba!

2 Likes

Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by qtx(m): 12:52pm On Mar 05
VeryWickedMan:
If you don do video finish, you add N400k or collect ya N1.6m.
You are fantastically and, at the same time, proudly corrupt. Quite sad!
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by Omoapena(m): 12:52pm On Mar 05
easzypeaszy:
u think everyone is as foolish as u.
Uneducated pig like u

This isn't about being uneducated, think from the seller's perspective as well, imagine getting the goods for 10k with hope he will sell at 12k and gain 2k but after selling at 12k while the goods is still in your custody and you realize the goods is being sold for 15k from the main source, will you go ahead and give it out at 12k when you know you won't be able to restock with 12k and you will still run on a loss of 3k..

Will you give out the goods, ask yourself that question and be honest with yourself...
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by junketer(m): 12:52pm On Mar 05
wisestman:
smiley
The seller probably got a better offer while the buyer was away. He just wants the buyer to either pay or ask for a refund if the new price is not okay with him. I don't see any wrong doing. Buyer should ask for a refund if not happy
If you don't see anything wrong with this then you are blind. Once you pay for an item fully and a receipt is issued then that thing automatically becomes yours. Simple.
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by Luckysbab: 12:53pm On Mar 05
omoredia:

Who removed subsidy and who is still paying subsidy? U must be insane! The greatest threat to national security is a government that cannot be trusted!

You're still talking nonsense.

So how exactly did the price of fuel increase further within the 2 hour timeframe?

2 Likes

Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by Image123(m): 12:53pm On Mar 05
But the video said from 160k to 200k.
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by OlujobaSamuel: 12:54pm On Mar 05
dominique:

This occured to me but if this was the case, the buyer would have gone with his vehicle to transport the goods immediately before the seller catches on.
Likely the case, he lost the deal because he wasn't prepared enough.
Normally, with the quantity he bought, you would have known he wasn't prepared for such price to have left for 2hrs after payment before coming back to pick it.
He probably thought he would have an edge since payment has been made.
I do tell my customers, due to the nature of my business (poultry), any fund you paid is just for safe keeping till the day you are picking up your stock, don't tell me a bag was 6k this morning, so you are paying 6k this afternoon, I won't use my capital to start business, and still be using borrowings to run it when I'm making sales but no profit
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by Omoapena(m): 12:54pm On Mar 05
junketer:
If you don't see anything wrong with this then you are blind. Once you pay for an item fully and a receipt is issued then that thing automatically becomes yours. Simple.

I understand but what if you now realize you give the wrong price for the goods, can't you nullify the receipt and ask for the proper value of the goods?
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by Krankhead: 12:55pm On Mar 05
omoredia:
Who wan lose? Blame ur bad and corrupt government jare. It starts from the top
It's greedy. Don't blame the govt for everything.
It's western world the man can't come back and increase the initial price. Stop your foolishness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by omoredia: 12:55pm On Mar 05
Luckysbab:

You're still talking nonsense.

So how exactly did the price of fuel increase further within the 2 hour timeframe?

Who is importing the fuel? Who gave licenses to import? U are really dumb. Can a thief hold a theif to be accountable? Is Tinubu not a chop-i-chop criminal? Goats will work with goats
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by Donedeal1(m): 12:56pm On Mar 05
Did you wrote "greed"
Greedy by nature
Can not understand how you expect
Customers to buy based on current dollar rate

After collection of payments you contact China and the prices hacked up

Just like that

There is God oh.

1 Like

Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by omoredia: 12:57pm On Mar 05
Krankhead:
It's greedy. Don't blame the govt for everything.
It's western world the man can't come back and increase the initial price. Stop your foolishness

Do western world have the kind of corrupt and incompetent leaders we have? He should go to court and see if the Nigerian government through the courts will shield him from exploitation.
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by OlujobaSamuel: 12:57pm On Mar 05
Omoapena:

This isn't about being uneducated, think from the seller's perspective as well, imagine getting the goods for 10k with hope he will sell at 12k and gain 2k but after selling at 12k while the goods is still in your custody and you realize the goods is being sold for 15k from the main source, will you go ahead and give it out at 12k when you know you won't be able to restock with 12k and you will still run on a loss of 3k..

Will you give out the goods, ask yourself that question and be honest with yourself...
Only a trader will understand the seller's predicament.
Sold 10pcs, then restock 7pcs. I honestly feel for him
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by Donchieli: 12:58pm On Mar 05
If I conduct business with your sales reps, the person can claim ignorance, so you can say that's not the price you gave once you are updated but when you as the entity conducts a business with a buyer there is no excuse.

if the buyer is not willing to add or consider and business has already been concluded, then the buyer is not to be denied

OlujobaSamuel:

I have a buyer, anytime I see him, I know there is hike in price, even if he already pays and I'm not aware, immediately I know he is the one, I will tell my salesgirl to tell him to pay the new price or he gets his fund back.
The seller's profit might just be 100k from that 400k, so he should use his personal fund or borrowing to fill the shortage.
In business, no one comes back to thank you for selling it cheap
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by OlujobaSamuel: 1:05pm On Mar 05
Donchieli:
If I conduct business with your sales reps, the person can claim ignorance, so you can say that's not the price you gave once you are updated but when you as the entity conducts a business with a buyer there is no excuse.

if the buyer is not willing to add or consider and business has already been concluded, then the buyer is not to be denied

Even the formal sector do it. They changed price despite payment and receipt issued.
If ex-factory price of cement should increase, they will tell you that the invoice with you is only valid for so so period or so so number of orders, anything beyond that, you pay the difference or you get a refund.
NB increased price of drinks recently, they placed a limit on orders that will be valid under the old pricing, every other orders will be on the new prices.
This is in a system where distributors have paid millions in advance and the organization has spent for its business
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by Xammie001(m): 1:06pm On Mar 05
To who sir?
he's giving the governor's of each state and Chairmen of each Local Government as additional source of income so that they can develop more amenities for there state to make life easy for the masses but you condenm everything.
WHAT A GENERATION
omoredia:

Who said subsidy is gone but is still paying subsidy? A lawless government will promote more lawlessness.
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by blackmantis: 1:10pm On Mar 05
Once you pay for goods move it immediately. To avoid stories. The temptation would be great on the seller if you delay and someone else comes and is willing to pay more.
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by motionarena: 1:11pm On Mar 05
Daystar7:
The comments here clearly shows that Seun is breeding kids and illiterates on this forum.
This is business. I'm not in business to loose. If my distro calls me to inform me about the hike in price of my consignment,what I'll do is to break it into the ones I have already in stock so I'll have the capital to get new consignment. The profits from the previous consignment has vanished with the hike so what do you expect I do? Some people in business get consignments from their distro on credit esp those that deal on imported consignments. Do you know how many importers Tinubu ruined their lives in the space of 6 months? Imagine running loss on a consignment you got on credit, how do you go about it? Loan is suicidal esp with hike in interest rate.
Una just funny, now if the man has paid already and has collected receipts then I don't and won't consider it my goods anymore but his but if he made part payment then it's still mine and he'll have to either pay or ask for a refund and take his business elsewhere.
I did tomato and Onion business during my youth service and that business is one of the most riskiest business ever. The price fluctuates in hrs, it can make you an overnight success or failure and nobody cares. Business is business. If he's got receipt of his purchase let him go to the nearest police station and it will be resolved but if not he should kindly pay up or ask for a refund and take his business elsewhere

From the video the buyer has paid in full and has the receipt
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by Omoapena(m): 1:12pm On Mar 05
OlujobaSamuel:

Even the formal sector do it. They changed price despite payment and receipt issued.
If ex-factory price of cement should increase, they will tell you that the invoice with you is only valid for so so period or so so number of orders, anything beyond that, you pay the difference or you get a refund.
NB increased price of drinks recently, they placed a limit on orders that will be valid under the old pricing, every other orders will be on the new prices.
This is in a system where distributors have paid millions in advance and the organization has spent for its business

I have experienced a similar case where I went to get mattress, I was attended to by sales rep who doesn't know the actual price of every mattress in the store, after giving me a price which I already paid but still around trying to move the mattress, the owner came and asked how much the sales rep sold it to me, the owner later realized the sales rep sold it 10k cheaper than the normal price, I particularly know the mattress is cheaper for that price too but I felt, I was lucky but immediately the owner came and gave the actual price, i just advised the owner and paid the 10k balance...

I know in that case, if I don't pay the 10k balance, the sales rep will be held responsible for the shortage....

To run business is not easy in Nigeria...

3 Likes

Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by donproject2(m): 1:14pm On Mar 05
MyExpression:
Contract ends upon payment/receipt.

It's It's longer your property...you can only charge security fee for the 2hr demurrage.

Nothing concern dollar for this one...but the good thing is...as long as item still dey ur shop, you can breach the contract and stay execution.

...and he can sue you for every value of that 1.6m within those 2hr you had his money in your custody.
If you want him to pay the current cost of the doors, then you have to refund the current monetary value of the 1.6m he gave you 2hrs ago.

You think say you dey wize!

You aired my view already...if anyone tries this with me, I am getting the current time-value of that money sent to him if he wants to refund me. Shebi nah stupid the seller wan stupid.

3 Likes

Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:16pm On Mar 05
That's how market women and business men increases prices of goods and services, making things hard for masses.
It was the dollar they alway refer to now its tinubu......am asking now, na Tinubu increase this door price within 2hrs?

1 Like

Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by Afolabimills(m): 1:17pm On Mar 05
crossfm:
Hehehe.

The seller is a big clown.

The guy should get the police involved and carry his items.

The fact that he has paid, means he now own the items.
no it's tinubu that is the scam he is the cause because of dollar because of subsidy etc hmmmm most Nigerians are terrible
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by OlujobaSamuel: 1:17pm On Mar 05
Omoapena:

I have experienced a similar case where I went to get mattress, I was attended to by sales rep who doesn't know the actual price of every mattress in the store, after giving me a price which I already paid but still around trying to move the mattress, the owner came and asked how much the sales rep sold it to me, the owner later realized the sales rep sold it 10k cheaper than the normal price, I particularly know the mattress is cheaper for that price too but I felt, I was lucky but immediately the owner came and gave the actual price, i just advised the owner and paid the 10k balance...

I know in that case, if I don't pay the 10k balance, the sales rep will be held responsible for the shortage....

To run business is not easy in Nigeria...
Me I don't really know where the problem is from.
I sometimes want to buy an item and discover underpricing, I will call the attention of the seller to it, in some cases, I drop my number for a follow up, so I can pay the difference. While at other times, I just want to try game the seller so I can get the best deal.
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by omoredia: 1:20pm On Mar 05
Xammie001:
To who sir?
he's giving the governor's of each state and Chairmen of each Local Government as additional source of income so that they can develop more amenities for there state to make life easy for the masses but you condenm everything.
WHAT A GENERATION

U can see how wicked and useIes u are. During GEJ time were u idiots given all these flimsy excuses. Thats why God has put heat on ur heads. Evil people!
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by Xammie001(m): 1:21pm On Mar 05
omoredia:

U can see how wicked and useIes u are. During GEJ time were u idiots given all these flimsy excuses. Thats why God has put heat on ur heads. Evil people!

now see your choice of words
SMH
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by hosemujica: 1:23pm On Mar 05
VeryWickedMan:
If you don do video finish, you add N400k or collect ya N1.6m back.
Simple.
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by sonofsteven: 1:24pm On Mar 05
It's easy

Sue him

Because it's your goods since you paid and he agreed to keep it till you return to pick them up

Each minutes he lingers, calculate am as a loss and let court decide, a sure win for the buyer

1 Like

Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by Diligence: 1:30pm On Mar 05
Why are you all pretending.

U Neva see where you pay something finish, U wan come carriam, dem say out of stock...take your money back.

Oga: you Betta pay the extra ₦400k & collect your items or send your account number for refund ..BUT BEAR IT IN MIND, if you delay until tomorrow, U fit pay ₦450-₦500k.

Blame TINUBUCONOMICS!
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by Cantonese: 1:33pm On Mar 05
VeryWickedMan:
If you don do video finish, you add N400k or collect ya N1.6m back.

Not so easy.

The moment the payment was made and receipt issued, the property exchanged hands. They were no longer the properties of the so called seller. They became legitimately the properties of the man who paid for them.

The only thing that the seller could possibly have done was charge a little amount for warehousing. Even at that, it could not be done as the buyer could only have left to bring his truck for pick up.

It was absolutely illegal at that point and could be contested in court.

3 Likes

Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by Emman08: 1:33pm On Mar 05
People are becoming extremely greedy. That's how I bought an electronic instrument and got home only for seller to call and say price has increased. Yes and so? What would I do?

1 Like

Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by Daystar7: 1:44pm On Mar 05
motionarena:

From the video the buyer has paid in full and has the receipt

Then the buyer has full right over the goods, he don't need to fight, just go get the police to resolve the case. Simple
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by junketer(m): 1:46pm On Mar 05
Omoapena:

I understand but what if you now realize you give the wrong price for the goods, can't you nullify the receipt and ask for the proper value of the goods?
Yes you can, if the buyer agrees.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Starting Up A Bakery / Ukraine Crisis: Russian Ruble 30% Low After Latest Sanctions / ( DROP SHIPPING ) How to buy in china and sell in USA while you are in Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.