Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,900 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) (24127 Views)

Why Sudden Increase In Price Of Sachet Water? / Oil Plummets 30% As OPEC Deal Failure Sparks Price War Fears / Lagos International Trade Fair Reopened After Sudden Closure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by junketer(m): 1:57pm On Mar 05
Daystar7:
The comments here clearly shows that Seun is breeding kids and illiterates on this forum.
This is business. I'm not in business to loose. If my distro calls me to inform me about the hike in price of my consignment,what I'll do is to break it into the ones I have already in stock so I'll have the capital to get new consignment. The profits from the previous consignment has vanished with the hike so what do you expect I do? Some people in business get consignments from their distro on credit esp those that deal on imported consignments. Do you know how many importers Tinubu ruined their lives in the space of 6 months? Imagine running loss on a consignment you got on credit, how do you go about it? Loan is suicidal esp with hike in interest rate.
Una just funny, now if the man has paid already and has collected receipts then I don't and won't consider it my goods anymore but his but if he made part payment then it's still mine and he'll have to either pay or ask for a refund and take his business elsewhere.
I did tomato and Onion business during my youth service and that business is one of the most riskiest business ever. The price fluctuates in hrs, it can make you an overnight success or failure and nobody cares. Business is business. If he's got receipt of his purchase let him go to the nearest police station and it will be resolved but if not he should kindly pay up or ask for a refund and take his business elsewhere
you still aaid the same thing every reasonable person here said. The goods has been bought and paid for and receipt issued. Maybe it takes the buyer two hours to get to the goods he bought. Reaching there, he's told that price don change. This is not about no payment or part payment. The seller dey find trouble abeg

1 Like

Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by junketer(m): 2:00pm On Mar 05
Omoapena:

This isn't about being uneducated, think from the seller's perspective as well, imagine getting the goods for 10k with hope he will sell at 12k and gain 2k but after selling at 12k while the goods is still in your custody and you realize the goods is being sold for 15k from the main source, will you go ahead and give it out at 12k when you know you won't be able to restock with 12k and you will still run on a loss of 3k..

Will you give out the goods, ask yourself that question and be honest with yourself...
It doesn't matter. The seller lost his rights to the goods immediately full payment was made and receipt issued. Forget that your logic

2 Likes

Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by uvie66: 2:04pm On Mar 05
wisestman:
smiley
The seller probably got a better offer while the buyer was away. He just wants the buyer to either pay or ask for a refund if the new price is not okay with him. I don't see any wrong doing. Buyer should ask for a refund if not happy
sharrap there, the buyer paid, and seller accepted the money which automatically created a contract. The doors now automatically belong to the buyer.

1 Like

Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by greggng: 2:05pm On Mar 05
Is not logical...if you pay and collect receipts.
.nothing changes the price ...but if you promise to pay on a later date ..
You are on your own ...cos everyday things changes ..blame only your govt policy
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by Dyfynezz12(m): 2:06pm On Mar 05
So dollar increased by 25% with in 2 hrs
Greedy sellers
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by uvie66: 2:07pm On Mar 05
RisenObinna:

Stop supporting evil...
He has paid and should be given his goods.

If the seller is reported , he might pay for damages.
.... the thing weak me either he is ignorant of the law or being mischievous.
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by Originalsly: 2:16pm On Mar 05
wisestman:
smiley

The seller probably got a better offer while the buyer was away. He just wants the buyer to either pay or ask for a refund if the new price is not okay with him. I don't see any wrong doing. Buyer should ask for a refund if not happy

What kind reasoning is this? ... if the seller price an item for a particular price and the buyer agrees and pays .... is the item sold? If yes, who owns the item at that point? Sometimes when businesses go up in flames we should wonder why.
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by Omoapena(m): 2:19pm On Mar 05
junketer:
It doesn't matter. The seller lost his rights to the goods immediately full payment was made and receipt issued. Forget that your logic

He hasn't lost his right, the goods was still in his possession, assuming goods has been transferred to the buyer, it would have been a different case but since the goods is still with the seller, the seller still have right to retain and refund the buyer....
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by Lomprico2: 2:22pm On Mar 05
Justiceleague1:
U have ya receipt abi? Carry your property and go,simple
Dazall! No long thing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by Cmanforall: 2:22pm On Mar 05
Gistmedia10:
A Nigerian man was left stunned after being slapped with an unexpected N400,000 surcharge just two hours after purchasing 10 doors for N1.6 million, sparking a heated quarrel with the seller. The sudden hike, attributed to the economic challenges facing Nigeria, escalated into a tense confrontation between the buyer and the store staff.

The buyer, who had already paid for the doors at the initial price, returned to the store for pickup only to be informed of the shocking price surge. "I couldn't believe it. The seller demanded 25% (N400k) more, citing the economic situation," expressed the buyer, visibly upset by the unexpected demand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt8apP8UsM4
Take your money back

Do you want to gain, and the seller runs loss?

Best is to come in the middle, but using violence is a no!
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by Lomprico2: 2:25pm On Mar 05
wisestman:
smiley

You are wrong. As long as he have been issued receipt, the deal has been sealed. Buyer only went away to organize logistics and came back to pick HIS GOODS and you are telling him to add 400k extra?

You and the seller dey ment!

2 Likes

Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by Cmanforall: 2:25pm On Mar 05
crossfm:
Hehehe.

The seller is a big clown.

The guy should get the police involved and carry his items.

The fact that he has paid, means he now own the items.

No, it doesn't work that way.
He can get his money back.

Why did he not take the product aafter payment ?

The way Nigeria is now, the seller may not be able to buy the raw materials he used to produce those doors again at that price

They could have simply come to terms at the middle
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by Thazard(m): 2:28pm On Mar 05
MyExpression:
Contract ends upon payment/receipt.

It's It's longer your property...you can only charge security fee for the 2hr demurrage.

Nothing concern dollar for this one...but the good thing is...as long as item still dey ur shop, you can breach the contract and stay execution.

...and he can sue you for every value of that 1.6m within those 2hr you had his money in your custody.
If you want him to pay the current cost of the doors, then you have to refund the current monetary value of the 1.6m he gave you 2hrs ago.

You think say you dey wize!
grin grin grin
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by onadana: 2:29pm On Mar 05
wisestman:
smiley

No...not that way.He paid and was issued a receipt.Transaction is over.

1 Like

Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by Brownemeka: 2:31pm On Mar 05
Gistmedia10:
A Nigerian man was left stunned after being slapped with an unexpected N400,000 surcharge just two hours after purchasing 10 doors for N1.6 million, sparking a heated quarrel with the seller. The sudden hike, attributed to the economic challenges facing Nigeria, escalated into a tense confrontation between the buyer and the store staff.

The buyer, who had already paid for the doors at the initial price, returned to the store for pickup only to be informed of the shocking price surge. "I couldn't believe it. The seller demanded 25% (N400k) more, citing the economic situation," expressed the buyer, visibly upset by the unexpected demand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt8apP8UsM4
The doors already belongs to Him...He paid and got receipt of payment...Oga get police and arrest the greedy seller and carry your goods and leave
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by Brownemeka: 2:34pm On Mar 05
onadana:

No...not that way.He paid and was issued a receipt.Transaction is over.
Exactly.... transaction is over there...He Saw goods....priced.... agreed a price.... paid..got receipt of payment.... doors already belongs to Him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by maasoap(m): 2:38pm On Mar 05
wisestman:
smiley
You be Olodo

1 Like

Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by Brownemeka: 2:40pm On Mar 05
Cmanforall:

No, it doesn't work that way.
He can get his money back.

Why did he not take the product aafter payment ?

The way Nigeria is now, the seller may not be able to buy the raw materials he used to produce those doors again at that price

They could have simply come to terms at the middle
Oga your'ar wrong... He'll sell based on cost of production.... the goods have been sold based on what it cost Him to produce them... next once will also be sold based on current market prices...
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by PaulH07: 2:41pm On Mar 05
Ayodekfarms:
Same thing happened to me in Abuja last week. My fell inside water and I took it to GSM village, this guy charged me #5000 to open and clean it. I said let me buy bottle water in the next garden before I could come back this guy has changed mouth.

That's the way it is now in the market oh.

Once you gree to buy market, dem go increase am, till you vex comot
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by SpatialKing(m): 2:47pm On Mar 05
Just like greedy Nigerian customs increase levy n duty
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by Lookingback: 2:54pm On Mar 05
MyExpression:
Contract ends upon payment/receipt.

It's It's longer your property...you can only charge security fee for the 2hr demurrage.

Nothing concern dollar for this one...but the good thing is...as long as item still dey ur shop, you can breach the contract and stay execution.

...and he can sue you for every value of that 1.6m within those 2hr you had his money in your custody.
If you want him to pay the current cost of the doors, then you have to refund the current monetary value of the 1.6m he gave you 2hrs ago.

You think say you dey wize!
Nice this is the way to go.
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by Cmanforall: 2:55pm On Mar 05
Brownemeka:
Oga your'ar wrong... He'll sell based on cost of production.... the goods have been sold based on what it cost Him to produce them... next once will also be sold based on current market prices...

But view it this way with open mind and honesty

Assuming this is the only product the seller has

If he sells at the price he first proposed and cannot produce similar product (with current inflation)then he will go bankrupt!

If the buyer thinks he can get same produce at similar price elsewhere, he can take his money and go buy same product elsewhere, rather than leading a man to bankruptcy (in current economic situation)

I suggest both come to an agreement

Another assumption (using electronic product e.g. TV).

Had it been the buyer bought a TV from this seller, and upon reaching his house within 2 hours, the TV doesn't function. Would he keep the TV or take it back to the seller for refund?

Nigeria's situation is not easy for anyone.
But this artisan should be supported rather than cheated. He doesn't produce thise steels/rods. And the prices of steels are going higher daily.

Note, fraud should be discouraged as well as exploitation of people.

People's take on this issue would be different depending on the product, e.g. if it was food stuffs, the buyer should have his product.
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by ufotunang: 3:14pm On Mar 05
See what APC and Tinubu has caused ๐Ÿ™„
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by ufotunang: 3:15pm On Mar 05
That is the Renewed hope you voted for ๐Ÿ™„
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by Lovit(m): 3:16pm On Mar 05
Make we kukuma adopt dollar as our means of exchange, make Naira rest.

Naira has suffered!
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by ufotunang: 3:19pm On Mar 05
virginboy1:
Na so mama Calabar joint wey I go chop Better Fufu and Egusi soup for N700 a plate yesterday...I reach there this morning only to found out she has increased it to N1100.

As I ask her why this sudden level of increment...with frustration in her eyes..she say..."Ogar costomer...yins don kost toooo muh for markeett.. And landlord yon increase shop rent." cry

I no kuku get choice Dan to buy...

We go all dey alright last last for this country undecided

... nawaoooo... renewed shege everywhere ๐Ÿ™„
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by Tealcrestmedia(m): 3:36pm On Mar 05
If he has already paid and collected receipt, it's the seller's loss as the door already belongs to the buyer. The only charge he can place on the buyer is storage price, which wasn't even agreed on, so still invalid.
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by ppogba: 3:40pm On Mar 05
One fact is sure. The idiot seller will not try this rubbish with an ordinary korofo in a military uniform.
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by ppogba: 3:43pm On Mar 05
ufotunang:
See what APC and Tinubu has caused ๐Ÿ™„

If you think it is APC and Tinubu that has caused this then, I have no doubt that you should be part of the statistics at the mental home.
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by ppogba: 3:49pm On Mar 05
Cmanforall:

But view it this way with open mind and honesty

Assuming this is the only product the seller has

If he sells at the price he first proposed and cannot produce similar product (with current inflation)then he will go bankrupt!

If the buyer thinks he can get same produce at similar price elsewhere, he can take his money and go buy same product elsewhere, rather than leading a man to bankruptcy (in current economic situation)

I suggest both come to an agreement

Another assumption (using electronic product e.g. TV).

Had it been the buyer bought a TV from this seller, and upon reaching his house within 2 hours, the TV doesn't function. Would he keep the TV or take it back to the seller for refund?

Nigeria's situation is not easy for anyone.
But this artisan should be supported rather than cheated. He doesn't produce thise steels/rods. And the prices of steels are going higher daily.

Note, fraud should be discouraged as well as exploitation of people.

People's take on this issue would be different depending on the product, e.g. if it was food stuffs, the buyer should have his product.

Will all these your assumptions work if the buyer were to be a millitary officer especially one just back from Sambisa forest?

Just another assumption o.

1 Like

Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by ppogba: 3:52pm On Mar 05
The buyer is simply delaying himself. He should:
1. Get a vehicle and the boys to pack his goods ready.

2. Budget 40k representing ten percent of what the idiots seller wants and get two hungry lions that are yet to receive their salary from the nearest army barracks.

3. Thank me later
Re: Greedy Seller's Sudden Increase Sparks Tension (video) by easzypeaszy(m): 4:18pm On Mar 05
Omoapena:

This isn't about being uneducated, think from the seller's perspective as well, imagine getting the goods for 10k with hope he will sell at 12k and gain 2k but after selling at 12k while the goods is still in your custody and you realize the goods is being sold for 15k from the main source, will you go ahead and give it out at 12k when you know you won't be able to restock with 12k and you will still run on a loss of 3k..

Will you give out the goods, ask yourself that question and be honest with yourself...
so if u buy somtin in d market but told the seller u want to get bike to carry it after u hv paid n packaged.
U came back n he said the price has added..wht if u hv left wt ur goods?
Anyways der is a law to dis if u don't kw.
As long as I already paid n u collected money for dat product..u don't hv right over it again.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oil price rises as uncertainty over Nigeria elections, Venezuela tension mounts / Starting Up A Bakery / Emefieleโ€™s Policy Somersault On Foreign Exchange, Bureau De Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.