Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,598 members, 7,812,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

Nigerian P2P Traders Navigate The Crypto Landscape After Binance's Crackdown - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian P2P Traders Navigate The Crypto Landscape After Binance's Crackdown (269 Views)

SEC Creates A Special Division To Study The Crypto Market / The Scam In The Crypto World / How Do I Buy Any Of The Crypto Currencies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian P2P Traders Navigate The Crypto Landscape After Binance's Crackdown by CoinMegaTrend: 10:13am On Mar 05
The Federal govt of Nigeria, home to the highest P2P volume and largest crypto economy in Africa, has cracked down on Binance, one of the top cryptocurrency trading platforms in the world, in an effort to protect the struggling naira. As a result, Binance has disabled its peer-to-peer (P2P) Naira NGN trading pair function for Nigerian users.

This step by the government has left Nigerian traders without the option to trade on Binance using the popular P2P function, which previously enabled them to buy and sell without third-party interference. Many users are now turning to other top exchanges like Bitget which seems to be gaining more attention now as the platform still offer NGN trading pairs for P2P trading.

My question to Nigerian P2P traders, especially merchants, is: how are you coping with this development? Are you staying loyal to Binance despite the clampdown and customer migration to other exchanges or are you moving your business to other exchanges that accept NGN trading pairs?

And now that there's news of Nigerian Government slamming a $10 billionĀ fine on Binance I hope the presidency will adopt the art of compromise and negotiations in cases like because I've been wondering, Nigeria is a big market for Binance and Nigerians needs Binance. Which party will be most affected? What do you all think about the issue?
Re: Nigerian P2P Traders Navigate The Crypto Landscape After Binance's Crackdown by DRKRIZ: 12:36pm On Mar 05
Outside p2p... Do you know of any exchange that trade ngn/usdt ?
Re: Nigerian P2P Traders Navigate The Crypto Landscape After Binance's Crackdown by nellybadas: 12:42pm On Mar 05
What type of unwise and daft thread is this.
So people can list where they now trade and FG goes after them abi?
Re: Nigerian P2P Traders Navigate The Crypto Landscape After Binance's Crackdown by Sesesparks: 8:11am On Mar 06
DRKRIZ:
Outside p2p... Do you know of any exchange that trade ngn/usdt ?

Haven't really checked. Just been exploring Bitget P2P and I'm comfortable with the rates I see.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Need Loans For Your Existing Registered Business? Contact Me Now Lagos Only / $1000 Bitocin.for Sale Urgently @#470 / Nigeria Major Problem Is Not Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.