Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Facebook Is Down - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Facebook Is Down (17739 Views)

Facebook Is Becoming An Authoritarian App / Facebook Is Monitoring Me / Facebook Is Using Smartphones To Listen To What People Say, Professor Suggests. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facebook Is Down by Arrowss(m): 9:19am On Mar 06
Sermon1:
**Report: Social Media Outage Crisis**

*Date: March 5, 2024*

*Subject: Widespread Outage of Facebook and Instagram*

*Executive Summary:*
On March 5, 2024, Facebook and Instagram, two prominent social media platforms owned by Meta Platforms, Inc., experienced an unprecedented and widespread outage. Users worldwide reported difficulties accessing their accounts, encountering unexpected logouts, and being unable to log back in. This report aims to provide an overview of the outage, its impact, and the official response from Meta Platforms.

*I. Outage Overview:*
The outage affected millions of users, disrupting their daily digital interactions and connectivity. Social media, serving as a vital communication tool, became inaccessible for an undisclosed number of users, raising concerns about the reliability and resilience of major online platforms.

*II. Official Confirmation:*
Mark Zuckerberg, the CEO of Meta Platforms, released a statement confirming the outage. In his communication, he acknowledged the technical difficulties and assured users that dedicated teams were actively working to resolve the issues. The statement emphasized the company's commitment to restoring normalcy swiftly.

*III. User Experience:*
User frustration manifested across various online platforms as individuals sought alternative means to express their discontent. Memes, humor, and collective expressions of frustration filled the digital space, highlighting the significant impact that social media outages can have on the emotional and social well-being of users.

*IV. Potential Ramifications:*
Businesses and influencers heavily reliant on Facebook and Instagram for marketing and engagement faced challenges during the outage. The incident underscores the vulnerability of businesses that depend solely on a single platform for their online presence, highlighting the need for diversified digital marketing strategies.

*V. Conclusion:*
As the outage persists, users and businesses alike anxiously await the resolution of the technical issues affecting Facebook and Instagram. Mark Zuckerberg's acknowledgment and commitment to resolving the problem provide reassurance, but the incident underscores the fragility of our digital interconnectedness and the necessity of contingency planning in an era heavily dependent on online communication and social media. Further updates will be provided as the situation develops.

Gem Fash.

Nothing happened to my fb acct
Re: Facebook Is Down by Nomerci: 12:13pm On Mar 06
Use facebook lite.
Objectivist04:

So what do you suggest l should do pls because as I am typing my two Facebook accounts are under ban.
Re: Facebook Is Down by Objectivist04: 12:46pm On Mar 06
Nomerci:
Use facebook lite.

That is what am using bros, I use Facebook lite and Facebook and as l am talking to you am suspended from commenting on both except private messages (DM) it is just frustrating, any small thing 13 days suspension. Is there anywhere l can complain ?
Re: Facebook Is Down by Nomerci: 1:12pm On Mar 06
Ive mailed fb team.no response. Everu app don spoil. When you check youtube for update its always indians speaking they language with no solution in sight. Ive never seen any recent way to bypass from americans.its always indians on youtube on all the apps ,like say na them sabi tech pass.
Objectivist04:

That is what am using bros, I use Facebook lite and Facebook and as l am talking to you am suspended from commenting on both except private messages (DM) it is just frustrating, any small thing 13 days suspension. Is there anywhere l can complain ?
Re: Facebook Is Down by Nehyooh(m): 2:50pm On Mar 06
I just remembered I have Facebook account, account of over 13years plus grin
I beg, I don't just like that social media for anything.

*Twitter, Nairaland, WhatsApp, Telegram and Quora are enough for me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Android Q – See The New Features Google Plans On Releasing / Fero Phones Questions , Complains & Discussion Thread / Whatsapp Extends Support For Blackberry To End Of 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.