Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Passport Renewal - Rescheduling The Interview - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passport Renewal - Rescheduling The Interview (7362 Views)

E-passport Renewal/extension / Uk Visa Renewal/nigerian Passport Renewal / Rescheduling Has Been A Challenge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Passport Renewal - Rescheduling The Interview by eyejae(m): 12:14am On Nov 13, 2011
Hello fellow Nigerians, I'm trying to renew my passport within the UK and would appreciate your guidance.

My passport will expire in January 2012. I've filled out the online application for an e-passport, but my interview date is in February 2012. I've tried rescheduling it several times, but it keeps reverting to the same date.

I'm concerned about this because my passport would have expired before my interview date, yet I've heard many people complain that they were refused service or entry when they showed up before their interview dates.

What do you guys think I should do to resolve this issue?

I would particularly appreciate the advice and suggestions from someone who has successfully renewed his/her passport within the UK.

Cheers.
Re: Passport Renewal - Rescheduling The Interview by eyejae(m): 1:03am On Feb 25, 2012
Just got my new passport. The process was very easy, except it involved me travelling twice to London.

Because I got little or no info online on how to go about the renewal, I've decided to tell my own experience. Perhaps it could help someone.

These are the documents I took to my first appointment:

1) Copy of my completed and signed online application form
2) Copy of my acknowledgement slip
3) Copy of my payment confirmed slip
4) My old passport
5) £20 Postal order
6) 2 photos

Contrary to the info on the application form, there is no need to take 2 photos. This is because the HC would take your picture and biometrics there.

Very important: you have to go on the date of your appointment (as stated in your application form), whether or not that date is after the expiry date on your passport.

I arrived at around 9:45am on the day of my appointment. There was a queue, but it moved very quickly. Some1 at the entrance checked my forms, and particularly highlighted my appointment date. Then, I was directed to a large room, where I was given a ticket number and simply waited until my number was called.

When called, I presented those documents I've listed and then waited again until I was called to go upstairs to do my biometrics + photo.

After this I was given another appointment date for the collection of my new e-passport.

Very easy process. It took about 2 hours on my first appointment, and less than 45 minutes on my next.

By the way, I got this extra info from 1 of the officials there:

Those who are under 18 would need to include a guarantor’s form filled by their parents/guardian. They also have to include a photocopy of the guarantor’s passport data page.

Also, very important: if you already have a Nigerian passport and you did not get it in the UK, they would check for your visas. If they don't find any visa, they would ask you how and where you got your passport.

There’s 1 more point that was made about the passport for another category of people. Unfortunately, I do not remember it right now.

So, this is my experience. Hope it helps someone.

Cheers
Re: Passport Renewal - Rescheduling The Interview by wonderz(m): 1:34pm On Sep 19, 2012
eyejae: Just got my new passport. The process was very easy, except it involved me travelling twice to London.

Because I got little or no info online on how to go about the renewal, I've decided to tell my own experience. Perhaps it could help someone.

These are the documents I took to my first appointment:

1) Copy of my completed and signed online application form
2) Copy of my acknowledgement slip
3) Copy of my payment confirmed slip
4) My old passport
5) £20 Postal order
6) 2 photos

@eyejae
So you have to pay for new passport?
What happened to extending the validity period on the passport since it has not exceeded the 10 years lifespan??

Contrary to the info on the application form, there is no need to take 2 photos. This is because the HC would take your picture and biometrics there.

Very important: you have to go on the date of your appointment (as stated in your application form), whether or not that date is after the expiry date on your passport.

I arrived at around 9:45am on the day of my appointment. There was a queue, but it moved very quickly. Some1 at the entrance checked my forms, and particularly highlighted my appointment date. Then, I was directed to a large room, where I was given a ticket number and simply waited until my number was called.

When called, I presented those documents I've listed and then waited again until I was called to go upstairs to do my biometrics + photo.

After this I was given another appointment date for the collection of my new e-passport.

Very easy process. It took about 2 hours on my first appointment, and less than 45 minutes on my next.

By the way, I got this extra info from 1 of the officials there:

Those who are under 18 would need to include a guarantor’s form filled by their parents/guardian. They also have to include a photocopy of the guarantor’s passport data page.

Also, very important: if you already have a Nigerian passport and you did not get it in the UK, they would check for your visas. If they don't find any visa, they would ask you how and where you got your passport.

There’s 1 more point that was made about the passport for another category of people. Unfortunately, I do not remember it right now.

So, this is my experience. Hope it helps someone.

Cheers

@eyejae
So you have to pay for new passport?
What happened to extending the validity period on the passport since it has not exceeded the 10 years lifespan??
Re: Passport Renewal - Rescheduling The Interview by chelseabmw(m): 12:34am On Sep 22, 2012
cool
Re: Passport Renewal - Rescheduling The Interview by cmax16: 12:06pm On Jun 19, 2013
i know this tread is old, but i need someone to help me. i have all the other documents, its just that i can't seem to find the one term application acknowledgement slip? is the payment receipt and acknowledgement slip this same? please help!
Re: Passport Renewal - Rescheduling The Interview by luvly101: 8:15pm On Dec 23, 2018
cmax16:
i know this tread is old, but i need someone to help me. i have all the other documents, its just that i can't seem to find the one term application acknowledgement slip? is the payment receipt and acknowledgement slip this same? please help!

I know this question is old, but the answer is that, the acknowledgement slip and payment receipt slip is different but looks the same. The title is different for each slip.

(1) (Reply)

10 Year Uk Ban / Pls How Do I Get To Waec Office Ogba From Mushin Or Oshodi / Want To Study In Norway? Read This! (info, Discussion And Advice)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.