Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,649 members, 7,955,358 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:00 AM

E-passport Renewal/extension - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / E-passport Renewal/extension (75432 Views)

Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. / Uk Visa Renewal/nigerian Passport Renewal / Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

E-passport Renewal/extension by thebaft: 8:50am On Apr 01, 2012
Dear all,

My e-passport that I collected in late 2007 will be expiring this year. Does anyone know the process of getting it renewed? I don't know if I should just fill another on-line application for a new e-passport for the next 5 years or if I should take it to the Immigration office for a 5-year extension.

Does anyone know someone who just renewed his e-passport recently? Please let me know which step to take.

Thank you very much.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by vivyluvzu(f): 4:32pm On Apr 01, 2012
@thebaft,
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by charliebiz(m): 8:02am On Apr 02, 2012
thebaft: Dear all,

My e-passport that I collected in late 2007 will be expiring this year. Does anyone know the process of getting it renewed? I don't know if I should just fill another on-line application for a new e-passport for the next 5 years or if I should take it to the Immigration office for a 5-year extension.

Does anyone know someone who just renewed his e-passport recently? Please let me know which step to take.

Thank you very much.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by henrychubayo: 6:26pm On Apr 02, 2012
Hi, i don't know the process of renewing the E-passport. But there could be no better place you can get the best information on that than going to the Nigerian immigration authority in 9ja or if you live outside nigeria, you should go to the nigerian embassy in that country. Don't just rely on the information ppl will give you since we the process is a new one and many have not renewed it. But for me, i suggest giving the E-passport 10 years before expiration just like countries like south africa.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by thebaft: 10:06am On Apr 07, 2012
I have spoken to two (2) immigration officers in two (2) different states. They informed me that they have not been given permission to extend E-Passports at the state immigration offices. Any requestion for extension is seen as a replacement (such as a damaged, lost, or stolen passport) and at the moment can only be done at the Immigration Headquarters at Abuja. After further enquiries, I was told that this effort will definitely cost around NGN50,000.00. So, unless divine intervention happens, I'm gonna spend a minimum of NGN100,000.00 for passport renewal/extension at Abuja (excluding transportation and accommodation) for myself and my wife.

I hope this post is useful. If any one has any update about this, please feel free to post here.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by BIGERBOY1: 11:05am On Apr 07, 2012
i just called a friend in the abuja immigration office now. yes you can only do a renewal from abuja, and the official cost is supposed to be 10,000 but if they know you, then you might get it at 15,000. But 50,000? thats outright extortion. goodluck

now can someone please reply me here
https://www.nairaland.com/909260/which-cheapest-flight-ghana-help
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by henrychubayo: 11:46am On Apr 07, 2012
BIGER BOY: i just called a friend in the abuja immigration office now. yes you can only do a renewal from abuja, and the official cost is supposed to be 10,000 but if they know you, then you might get it at 15,000. But 50,000? thats outright extortion. goodluck

That is why this forum is good. You information has been noted. I don't know anything about your enquires. May be guys in 9ja could assist you greatly.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by henrychubayo: 11:53am On Apr 07, 2012
Guys living in abuja and lagos, we rely on you guys to make the enquires and give us the approprate information in this matter. My passport is will not expire soon but certainly, the information is vital for our ppl living far and near so that they will not be exploited by the so called agents.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by thebaft: 7:57am On Apr 09, 2012
BIGER BOY: i just called a friend in the abuja immigration office now. yes you can only do a renewal from abuja, and the official cost is supposed to be 10,000 but if they know you, then you might get it at 15,000. But 50,000? thats outright extortion. goodluck

@BIGER BOY, Thank you very much for this wonderful update. The issue I had is that all the published NIS numbers are either disconnected or are not going through. So the information I had was from the state immigration offices. Is it possible to give me your contact's number. So I can work everything through him/her when I get to Abuja. This will likely reduce the time I spend in Abuja.

Thank you very much.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by tayorsnr81: 8:34am On Apr 11, 2012
What about renewal process in Europe
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by Don1DeMaco: 3:37am On Apr 24, 2012
Any luck with the e-Passport renewal in Nigeria?
Does anyone have info on the process or where it can be done?
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 29, 2012
OP, Initially it used to be only in Abuja, but Lagos has started the renewal process. I wanted to renew mine last month, called the imigration officer in lagos, he said it will take 3 - 5 working days for express renewal about 18k.

Items required is that you come yourself with the old passport. At least that was what the immigration officer told me.

Goodluck
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by ludab: 11:45am On Apr 30, 2012
Dear all, My passport was rejected due to problem with the lamination (plastic foil), and the passport cannot be used for a visa application. Therefore, i was kindly ask to procure a new passport for visa application. The problem is with passports issued 1-2 year ago.

So, please how can i go about this? I was referred to Abuja. How many days will i used to procure a new passport and cost cos is just to download it and reprint. However, can i do it in Lagos as well. Need you responses urgently...
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 02, 2012
^^^^ For that issue of Lamination, am sure of Abuja, cos a colleage of mine did his this January 2012 and they referred him to Abuja not Lagos...I dont know if that has changed this moment.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by ludab: 2:12pm On May 04, 2012
@vikin, thanks but do you know how much it cost him? and how many days it takes to print a new one
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by sizzlinghottie: 4:39pm On May 04, 2012
Vikin: OP, Initially it used to be only in Abuja, but Lagos has started the renewal process. I wanted to renew mine last month, called the imigration officer in lagos, he said it will take 3 - 5 working days for express renewal about 18k.

Items required is that you come yourself with the old passport. At least that was what the immigration officer told me.

Goodluck

@Viking please can I get your contact in the lagos immigration,I also want to renew my passport. Going to abuja is absolutely ridiculous, in this day and age they should find an easier way to help people instead of stressing. An average man would have to pay over 50k( transport, hotel, feeding) all because of passport. God help us all.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 04, 2012
sizzlinghottie:

@Viking please can I get your contact in the lagos immigration,I also want to renew my passport. Going to abuja is absolutely ridiculous, in this day and age they should find an easier way to help people instead of stressing. An average man would have to pay over 50k( transport, hotel, feeding) all because of passport. God help us all.

Well, i cant drop his number here, just go to the immigration office at Ikoyi(Obalande), ask of Popoola (He is an officer there).

1 Like

Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by ludab: 4:17pm On May 05, 2012
@Vikin, please can you help me verify if i can solve the problem of my passport lamination in Lagos.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 05, 2012
ludab: @Vikin, please can you help me verify if i can solve the problem of my passport lamination in Lagos.

Which Nigeria state issued the passport to you? Based on experience, my brother had his own passport done in the eastern part of the country (either Anambra or Enugu), he had the same problem of lamination when he got to the visa application center, they refered him to go back to the place he was first issued the passport to get it fixed.

He did went back and got it fixed.

For my earlier post about lamination in Abuja, I meant to say fixing of the chip at the data page of passport not the lamination problem.

Just go to any immigartion office near you and see what they say. But might likely refer you to the place you got the passport.

Cheers
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by Nobody: 12:25am On May 08, 2012
thebaft:

@BIGER BOY, Thank you very much for this wonderful update. The issue I had is that all the published NIS numbers are either disconnected or are not going through. So the information I had was from the state immigration offices. Is it possible to give me your contact's number. So I can work everything through him/her when I get to Abuja. This will likely reduce the time I spend in Abuja.

My e-mail address is manny.walford@gmail.com . Thank you very much.

Renewal can only bε̲̣ done if ur E passport has expired. Bt if i†̥ has not expired, wat ull d̶̲̥̅̊o is extension. Renewal is cheap, but extension is expensive. I was also told 50k for extension and I tot i†̥ was a̶̲̥̅̊ joke. Even if they collect ur pp at anyother immigration office, they will still send i†̥ to Abuja . U'll also bε̲̣ required to go to Abuja for data capture, bt ur lenght of stay in Abuja will bε̲̣ reduced cos ull bε̲̣ informed to come to Abuja wen they are ready to capture ur Data. Ask ur Lag contact if they will d̶̲̥̅̊o data capture at Lagos. U can't collect i†̥ same day after data capture at Abuja o o. I†̥ gets ready like.2 to 3 days after dt and they can send i†̥ down to u depending on d artangement if u hv left Abuja.
However, if ur pp is d old one, u can get a̶̲̥̅̊ new E pp at any Immigration office close to u. Its officially 9K but they collect 15 to 18k.
Give us update if u succeed wit the extension in Lag.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by tayorsnr81: 10:06pm On May 08, 2012
If you are in Europe you can reissue your E passprt at Nigeria embassy in D hague Holland but it is too expensive, the embassy have even wrote the price for lost and reissue e passport request on their website which is 250 euros + 40 euros administrative charge + $65 Nigeria immigration fees, if you calculate all, person fit go naija come back

But if any1 know or have experience on reissue process particularly in Europe other than Netherlands kindly share your experience with us. ESe, Dalu, Nagode
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by jaydude(f): 12:41pm On May 21, 2012
Please if one has a visa on an existing passport, and gets married, and does a new passport with a change of name 2 husbands name, can one attatch the old passport(which was cancelled without prejudice) to the new one and still travel wit the visa on the old cancelled passport?
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by thebaft: 7:46am On May 25, 2012
The validity of a Nigerian passport is 5 years. Like I said earlier, they gave me a new passport and then cancelled the old one.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by akabad: 6:52pm On May 27, 2012
Dear all,
I have the new ePassport, issued in nov 2007, its expiring this november, there are some numbers to call if you are in the UK, the numbers are very useless and just basic information, I tried getting it online but the only option I see is for new passport and I have been warned that its a different process.
The link to renew on the website is the same link for a new one?? which doesn't make sense, also why pay £20 for postal order when you still have to pick it up yourself?

Can anyone advise what the process is in the UK for renewing the ePassport?
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by tayorsnr81: 9:13am On May 28, 2012
@ thebaft, thank you so much for your information. I am having the same problem concerning my passport, but your update will really assist me. My passport remain 6 months to expire, can you advice me to go for reissue or how many month of validity you had in your old passport before reissue application. thanks in advance
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by thebaft: 7:44pm On May 31, 2012
@ tayorsnr81,

You can definitely go for an EXTENSION with 6 months validity. With six (6) months validity in your passport, some embassies might not grant you a visa. Mine was like 8 months validity when I applied. Remember, they will give you a new passport with 5 years validity and cancel the current one. Take care.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by khufu: 8:27pm On May 31, 2012
thebaft: @ tayorsnr81,

You can definitely go for an EXTENSION with 6 months validity. With six (6) months validity in your passport, some embassies might not grant you a visa. Mine was like 8 months validity when I applied. Remember, they will give you a new passport with 5 years validity and cancel the current one. Take care.

@ thebaft,
Will the cancelled one be given back, or kept with them? Just curious. Thanks.
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by tayorsnr81: 7:17pm On Jun 01, 2012
Thanks thebaft. What about a gurantor form, do I still need to fill that?
Thanks in advance
Re: E-passport Renewal/extension by thebaft: 11:20pm On Jun 01, 2012
I was not asked to fill a Guarantor's form ... so I guess you don't need it. Goodluck!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soldier Dragged By A Tipper Driver At Fadeyi, Lagos (Disturbing Photos) / Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) / 4000 Empty Containers Leaving Nigeria (Picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.